Beautiful Scars

By GodofVanity

Free finally, Draco and Blaise embark on their next adventure. However, they each run into something they did... More

Chp 1
Chp 2
Chp 3
Chp 4
Chp 5
Chp 6
Chp 7
Chp 8
Chp 9
Chp 10
Chp 12
Chp 13
Chp 14
Chp 15
Chp 16
Chp 17
Chp 18
Chp 19
Chp 20
Chp 21
Chp 22
Chp 23
Chp 24
Chp 25

Chp 11

1.8K 61 8
By GodofVanity

Draco's Pov

Blaise took a step forward, "Whether you like it or not, you have to accept this."

All I could feel was rage. I was tired of this. Tired of having no control of my life. Constantly having to adapt to the nonsense around me just to simply survive.

No more.

"I'm done with this Blaise," I said, "I'm done not being in control."

He stood still and watched me. If anyone knew what I meant, it would be him.

We grew up together. We fought together. We knew each other's tricks and we knew each other's fears. Yet, nonetheless, here we were with our wands pointed at each other.

Brother against brother.

For a moment, neither of us moved. It was quiet and the only thing we could hear was the other's breathing.

Suddenly, Blaise sent a disarming spell and I deflected it.

Let's go, Blaise.

We both shifted into our stances and looked at each other.

A wave of emotions flooded into me. Images of my family soared through my mind. I saw Blaise and me playing in my manors garden. The smell of the chocolate his mom made for us when we were younger.

I shook my head and tried to take control back. He was trying to distract me by getting into my head.

A trick that we learned from the Dark Lord himself.

I focused my energy and expelled him from my mind, but my lack of attention nearly cost me my balance. Blaise fired a spell and I ducked away from it and kneeled behind the couch.

Another spell flew overhead and exploded against the wall behind me. Rubble sprayed out and small pieces flew back towards me.

I cast a Protego and leaned into the couch, waiting for the next attack. I couldn't hear anything, and when you're in a fight, that's not a good sign.

I needed to find a way to create distance between us.

Blaise has always been extremely good at fighting in short spaces. If I wasn't careful, he would slowly break me down, and then, when he saw an opportunity, he'd subdue me.

He was one of the most technical fighters I knew.

The room began to fill with a strange smell. I peeked around the couch and noticed Blaise spreading gas around the edges of the room.

Sleeping gas.

I needed to move now.

I blasted the couch I was hiding behind towards him and turned to look at my opponent. He raised his hand, and the couch was burned to a crisp, inches before it could touch him.

I pointed my wand above my head, "Avis."

A small flock of birds appeared, and they shot across the room towards Blaise. He incinerated the first few and surrounded himself with an orb of light to deflect the rest.

I blasted water out of my wand and spread it across the room to dispel the gas.

"Why do you care so much, Blaise?" I asked, as I flickeda my wand and stopped the water.

He waved his hand and the orb and the birds flying around it were dissolved into ash. "You seriously have to ask that?"

I glared at him, "I don't see what it has to do with you."

He laughed as he started to move toward me, "Oh really?"

Before I could react, a small table flew into my side and threw me across the room. I rolled away from where I landed and faced the next attack.

A blast of purple energy barreled into my chest and held me down. The spell assumed the shape of a snake and it started to coil around my arms and chest. 

I tried to break the connection, but it wouldn't budge. This was Blaise's magic. The serpent, hissed as it tightened its grip around my back and shoulders. I couldn't use my wand and Blaise was getting closer.

Blaise fired a Stupefy at me and it knocked me back. I kept my balance and met his gaze. His eyes were red, and he was trying not to cry.

I opened my mouth to say something, but before I could speak, I was hurtled back into a wall. The contact knocked the air out of my lungs.

I tried to get up, but the snake tightened its grip and forced me down. It was like I was being wrapped up like a mummy and I couldn't fight back against the bandages. 

Damn it.

I struggled and watched as Blaise crossed the room. This wasn't how this fight was going to end. I looked around and found my wand lying in the rubble.

With a grunt, I rolled over onto my stomach and snatched the wand with my right hand.

Gods, please let this work.

With Blaise only a few feet away from me, I quickly rolled over and cast a Bombarda Maxima between us both.

Blaise and I were both shot back and the snake dissolved into thin air. I felt shelves break under my weight, as I crashed into a bookcase and hundreds of books rained down onto the floor.

The entire right side of my robes was covered with blast marks and ash. My ears were ringing and my head was dizzy.

I could see Blaise getting up and looking over in my direction. Behind him, there was a hole in the wall, and he was surrounded by broken pieces of stone.

He brushed the ash off his shoulders and straightened his tie.

"That hurt."

I gripped my wand and took a step toward him. He followed suit and we made our way to the edge of the crater left behind by the blast.

I opened my arms, "Blaise I- "

"Reducto"

The spell barely missed my head. I quickly returned fire and he avoided my attacks. We both weaved around the large cater, firing spells at each other relentlessly.

Neither of us has had to fight like this since the wizarding war. And even then, the only thing we really needed to do was overpower our opponent in a couple of exchanges.

We exchanged a few elemental spells and quickly started firing combinations of spells. Much like a brawler would have a set of combinations picked out, we had techniques memorized for battle.

Our spells collided with each other with massive force and sent shock waves across the room. It was like I was fighting a mirror. 

At some point, we were actually casting the same spells at the same time. Reducto, Reducto, Stupify, Bombarda Maxima.

The impact of the combined explosion shook the entire room. It was like we were destroying the entire castle with this battle.

We both locked eyes and prepared for the next attack.

"Anguis Impetum"

"Confringo"

A jet of purple magic blasted from Blaise's wand just as a white beam shot out of mine. The spells connected in the middle of the room and pushed us both back. 

My wand began to vibrate and hiss as the pure unleashed power of our spells grappled for control in the center of the room.

This had become a battle of will. One of us was going to have to lose if we were going to break this connection.

Blaise and I were screaming as we poured out all the power we could summon. The floor beneath us cracked from the sheer magnitude of power being generated. No matter how hard either of us tried, we could not overpower the other. Our energy was starting to combine in the center of the bind.  

Eventually, the sound of our roars was drowned out by the noise of the power growing between us. A giant sphere of energy was rapidly growing and neither of us was backing down.

We watched as the energy grew and grew until it was taking up nearly the entire room. Lightning and other forms of energy were shooting out across the room and striking the walls and ceiling.

We were breaking the Room of Requirement.

There were only a few inches of space between the sphere and my wand. I could no longer see Blaise, and for all I knew, he could have been consumed by it.

Slowly, I watched as the ball reached the tip of my wand and exploded.

I had never felt anything this powerful in my life. The entire room was completely filled with light and a huge power wave exploded around us.

The walls and ceiling shook as a massive shockwave echoed. I was forced back against the wall and the entire room rumbled as if it were moving.

The walls were no longer covered in bookshelves and paintings. Plain stone bricks made up the entire room without the slightest trace of anything being there before.

I quickly scanned the room for Blaise, and thankfully, I found him standing on the other side of the now-empty Room of Requirement.

When he saw me, he seemed to relax a bit and started to move toward the middle of the room. Instinctively, I stepped forward as well and headed to meet him.

Maybe after what happened, it would be smarter to talk.

"Blaise that was- "

"Fulgur"

A blast of lightning connected to my chest and I was brought down to my knees. My chest was screaming in pain and blood was roaring in my ears.

I tried to fire something back, but he snatched my wand out of my hand and pushed me down. I moved to get up, but his fist connected with my face, and I was knocked back down.

"You don't get it to do you?!"

I rolled over and tried to get out of range, but Blaise shot a rope out of the end of his wand and it wrapped around my leg. I kicked at it, but the more I moved the more it tightened.

"Our whole lives, we were all the others had!" Blaise said as he swung his wand and threw me across the room.

The rope let go of me, but before I landed anywhere a lightning blast barreled into me again, causing me to be shot out of the air and slammed into a wall.

I couldn't handle much more of this.

Steam was coming off of me and my clothes. My chest was in a lot of pain and my legs gave out when I tried to get back up. Helpless, I lay there. Defeated. Watching as he crossed the room and stood over me.

I squinted and covered my chest, expecting another attack.

But none came.

"You're my brother Draco," He said, tears pouring out of his eyes, "If you died who would I have left?"

He tossed aside our wands and slid down the wall next to me. "Do you think I want to be stuck with the Weasley girl?" He said.

I sighed and shook my head.

"I mean look at her mom," He groaned, "Gods please don't make Weaslette end up like that."

I squinted as I looked down at what was left of my robes, "Yeah, that would suck."

Blaise turned and looked at me, "I get that you don't want to end up being with Granger. I feel the same way. But I'm willing to deal with that if it means you and I can finally be free to live our lives."

I sighed and I glared across the room at the carnage we had left behind.

Yeah, Granger sucks. But there can be solutions for that. We can stick those girls in some little mansion while we go do whatever we want.

"I'm so sorry Blaise."

He grabbed my shoulder, "We've already been through so much. We can't quit now."

I nodded and looked around the room, "So what do we do now?"

"I'm not sure," he said, as he tossed a piece of the wall. "Do you think we broke it?"

"I don't know."

"Shit."

Hermione's Pov

"Where the hell are they?"

I looked up from my list at my redheaded prefect. It had been 20 minutes since the Slytherins were supposed to show up for patrol and nobody wanted to stay up any later than they needed to.

I sighed and walked over to Ginny, "I can't believe that Aberfourth thought choosing someone like Malfoy as Head Boy was a good idea."

"I know," Ginny said shifting in the Headmaster's seat, "His chair is really uncomfortable too."

I followed her gaze across the Great Hall towards the double doors.

Those idiots better show up soon or so help me.

"Oi Hermione"

I looked over at the Ravenclaw table where the rest of the prefects were sitting. "Yeah?"

"Can we just go without them?" 

I rolled my eyes, "Again, no we can't Michael. There are different parts of the castle that we all need to check. If we don't have everybody, then it won't work."

Michael stood up, "Yeah I know but sin- "

BOOOOM

The Great Hall began to shake. I had no idea where it came from, but it was like a massive earthquake.

Pictures were falling and the tables were all shattered around and knocked over. Banners of the different houses were trembling and threatening to collapse at any second. 

Thousands of glasses and plates were breaking all over the Hall and the prefects were scrambling to get away from the tables.

After a few long moments, the castle returned to normal. The prefects were mostly safe and I managed to keep myself from falling off the platform overlooking the Hall.

"HOLY SHIT!"

I whirled around and looked at Ginny sitting in the untouched Headmaster's seat. She was laughing and looking around at the carnage around her.

"I was totally wrong. This chair is awesome!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 58.3K 54
*WINNER OF THE GOLDEN SNITCH FROM THE 2020 SEEKER AWARDS* Giving him a skeptical look, she stepped away and out of his arms, almost regretting it ins...
204 9 7
"Draco?" He called, hearing the shakiness in his own voice and hating it. "Draco?" He tried again. Once more, there was no response. Had he actually...
13.9K 334 27
Hermione Granger has loved Draco Malfoy since the first time they met. However, she is unsure if she should continue to like him for her 2 best frien...
256K 7K 18
When Draco realizes that he's part veela, what will that mean for him and his life? After finding his mate in one Gryffindor princess, his life take...