The Wedding Date: A Taekook S...

By alice_meadows

Taehyung is an elementary school teacher who's a constant disappointment to his family back in England. His e... More

Chapter One: The Invitation
Chapter Two: Coffee
Chapter Three: The Mother
Chapter Four: Fears
Chapter Five: Taking Flight
Chapter Six: Your Worth
Chapter Seven: Family
Chapter Eight: Confidence
Chapter Nine: Past & Present
Chapter Ten: The Ex
Chapter Eleven: Sweet Temptation
Chapter Twelve: The Perfect Gentleman
Chapter Thirteen: Hell
Chapter Fourteen: Excitement & Uncertainties
Chapter Fifteen: Adorable
Chapter Sixteen: A Small Town
Chapter Seventeen: Chocolate Kisses
Chapter Eighteen: Kinda in Love
Chapter Nineteen: Pearl
Chapter Twenty: Loved
Chapter Twenty-One: Comparisons
Chapter Twenty-Two: Secrets
Chapter Twenty-Three: Nothing Like Us
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Truth
Chapter Twenty-Five: Surprises and Secrets
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Pillow Fort
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Sweet Words and Sandwiches
Chapter Twenty-Eight: His Muse
Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Cafe
Chapter Thirty: Coward's Confession
Chapter Thirty-One: Rain and Romance
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Rehearsal Dinner
Chapter Thirty-Three: Happiness
Chapter Thirty-Four: Our Euphoria
Chapter Thirty-Five: The Wedding
Chapter Thirty-Six: Objections
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Ann Marie
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Epilogue
Wedding Date RSVP Day
Garden Venues
Blessings and Begonias
Coffee & Confessions
The Journey Begins
Catching Up
Family Baggage
Backup Plans and Ballrooms
Whipped
The Bachelor Parties
The Wedding
Announcement Time!

A Night at Epiphanies

30.9K 1.6K 554
By alice_meadows

*Slight Smut Warning*

A small bookshop resides on the corner of two busy intersections, its windows glistening and gleaming with book displays and baubles on red velvet stands. On one of those stands is a book with a city skyline and the outline of two silhouetted figures within it. Lines of people fill the store entryway, men and women all eagerly talking as they hold copies of this book in their hands. Taehyung is one of them. He excitedly rocks back and forth on his heels as he holds a copy of A City's Love in his hands. At the toll of a bell, everyone heads towards the back of the store where tucked amongst rows of bookshelves is a makeshift reading area. Dozens of folding chairs fill the space and face a small podium, yet instead of sitting up towards the front, Taehyung wanders to the back corner, setting the book on his lap before his fingers trace over the dust jacket and the author's name: Jeon Jungkook. He peeks up towards the podium, and there stands his fiance and the bookstore owner. Both men have a jovial grin on their face, their quiet words lost to the spying blond man as the audience slowly begin to fill the seats, their words, and conversations laced with general admiration of the author in front of them.

Jungkook sees Taehyung sitting at the back of the audience, hands resting on the book, and a big boxy grin on his lips. The author can never get tired of the proud gleam in Taehyung's eyes and the massive amount of support he provided as Jungkook rushed to finish this book. He was there for him through the whole thing, inspiring him and supporting him when Jungkook's fear and doubts started bubbling up. He told him it was okay to switch genres when the publishers told him not to. He supported when Jungkook dropped that company and looked for a new one, one that would support his decision to write something beyond hardcore erotica, and he celebrated with Jungkook when he finally got accepted with his new publishing company. It was a long journey, yet Taehyung was there every step of the way, and Jungkook honestly cannot thank him enough. He blows Taehyung a kiss when he sees the blond staring at him, and Taehyung blushes before shyly blowing a kiss back at him. The two men barely pay attention to the audience around them, and finally, the group of readers quiet down as the store owner steps up to the podium.

"Hello everyone and welcome! My name is Kim Namjoon, and thank you all so much for coming tonight! You have no idea how much it means to me that you will take your time out of your weekend for this wonderful author event. Tonight, we have author Jeon Jungkook sharing his amazing new novel, A City's Love which critics say is both a sentimental love story for urban life and for struggling couples. I've known Jungkook for years now, and when he first shared this idea with me over a cup of coffee, I knew this would be a book I'd love to read and let me just say, it has continued to surprise me," the man stops talking and smiles sheepishly, "I'm babbling; I apologize. Y'all didn't come out here to hear me speak, so without further ado, please join me in welcoming Jeon Jungkook," Namjoon claps, and a roaring applause fills the shop that has Jungkook smiling widely, patting Namjoon on the back as he steps up to the podium.

"Thank you all so much!" Jungkook says and immediately the applause dies down, the audience riveted by Jungkook's sweet voice, "It is so amazing seeing so many excited faces, and like Namjoon said, thank you for coming out this evening and supporting me and the Epiphanies Bookshop. If you guys have never been here before, I highly suggest you stick around and check out the amazing selection this place has. And the history," Jungkook pauses as he flashes his friend a smile, "I've been coming to this bookstore for as long as I can remember--back when Namjoon's dad owned it--and honestly this place is a secret sanctuary, so please enjoy it if you can,"

Jungkook glances back at Taehyung, smiling fondly when he sees Taehyung smile back and make a gesture with his hand raising it subtly up and down, reminding Jungkook to breathe. So the author does. He takes a breath, composes his thoughts, and opens his copy of A City's Love.

"So for the agenda tonight, I'm going to read some segments from my novel, answer your questions about whatever you wanna ask about, and then I'll sign some books afterward. Sound good?" he says.

"Yes!" a few people enthusiastically shout while others nod their heads, patiently waiting for Jungkook to start his reading. He takes another breath, keeping in mind Taehyung's advice before he starts to read. Everyone is riveted by Jungkook's voice. By the words jumping off the pages while engraving perfect images in their minds. Some people read along, fingers fondly caressing the pages of the book like a sacred tome instead of the simple contemporary fiction novel that it is.

Taehyung watches Jungkook read, his lips curled in a soft smile as he sees Jungkook get comfortable. It takes a few minutes, but he knows he calms down and gets used to the people listening to him. He handles large audiences much better than Taehyung would, yet the blond only has to worry about dozens of children listening to him. Not adults.

When the main couple is introduced, Jungkook stops reading, a shy grin on his lips as the audience applauses. He sets the book down on the podium, bookmarking the next segment that he plans to read before sitting down on a stool that Namjoon provided for him.

"So, one question I was frequently asked when I started writing this book is what the hell inspired it," Jungkook starts, a soft chuckle escaping his lips, "And for those of you who have read some of my other works, this would be very different. Some of you may've noticed but I was dropped by NaughtyNovels when I first sent them the proposal for this book. I wanted to write something more than the erotica genre I was previously contracted to write, and I felt like I had more to provide than just a good time," his words spark a small laugh from the audience, though Taehyung can't help but blush at the mention of Jungkook's older works.

After several other readings from A City's Love, the night moves into the Q&A portion of the event. People ask about his writing process, inspiration, the publishing industry, the switch in companies, and one of the women in the audience asked the question on everyone's mind.

"So are you single?"

Jungkook laughs shyly at the question and shakes his head no. Months earlier, Taehyung and Jungkook decided that if asked, Jungkook can mention him, but he won't out Taehyung right away or use his name in dedications or anything like that.  A City's Love is just dedicated to "My Angel", creating a web of rumors in the book industry.

"I'm happily engaged," Jungkook says, disappointing the woman, yet when others see the fond gleam in his eyes and the smile on his lips, no one can remain disappointed for long, "He's an angel. Seriously, I am the luckiest man in the world to have someone so patient, kind, and honest by my side," Jungkook adds, glancing at Taehyung who shyly looks down at his hands, smiling from Jungkook's sweet compliments. Another audience member changes the subject back to Jungkook's books, asking which one is his favorite and why. And for a moment, Jungkook thinks back to months before when he finally let Taehyung read one of his books, and a smirk slips over his lips.

"The Scoundrel's Seduction," Jungkook says, enjoying the way Taehyung's cheeks flare red, his shy hazel eyes not daring to meet Jungkook's gaze as he thinks back to that fateful night.

...

Jungkook and Taehyung are curled up in bed, finally relaxing after a long work week for both of them. Jungkook wraps Taehyung in his arms as the blond boy finishes up the small novel he was reading. It was decent, but not great, and every time Taehyung complained to Jungkook about the plot, the raven-haired man would simply reply with "I could do better." Yet, Taehyung never got to read "better", so once he finished the book, he set it aside and glanced up at his dark-haired lover.

"Kookie..." Taehyung quietly says, and Jungkook instantly looks down at his lover, cocking a curious brow at him, "You said I could read them one day..." the author tenses, gazing into Taehyung's pleading eyes, "May I read one now?"

"You remember what I write...right?" Jungkook hesitantly replies before Taehyung quickly nods, a light blush dusting over his cheeks, "And you don't mind?"

"I don't mind. I want to read it!" Taehyung chimes, so Jungkook slips out of bed, walking shirtless out of the small bedroom to his office where he pulls out a copy of his most recent erotica. It isn't nearly as bad as some of his earlier work, and he thinks Taehyung might like the details in this one.

When he reenters the bedroom, Taehyung looks up at him with a giant boxy smile that makes Jungkook's hesitations completely melt away. He slides under the covers and hands Taehyung the book, rewrapping his arms around his lover, and pulling him between his legs. Taehyung just settles back against Jungkook's chest, kissing his cheek before the raven-haired man rests his chin on Taehyung's shoulder.

"Thank you, Kookie,"

"You're welcome, bub," Jungkook quietly says, kissing Taehyung's cheek softly as his hands lightly caress his waist. This is something Jungkook always does, yet as Taehyung reads the sensual words written by his lover, Jungkook's touch begins to feel like there is an underlying desire creeping into his touch. Taehyung licks his lips, focusing on the book, yet Jungkook feels like teasing him, knowing the order of events in the book like the back of his hand.

So when the lover kisses the main character's neck, Jungkook leans forward and begins to kiss Taehyung's neck, lips dancing over the flesh languidly as Taehyung tightens his grip on the book, hazel eyes dancing over the details as Jungkook leaves small hickeys and love bites upon his tan flesh.

The couple in the book gets more into it; the dominant one teasingly moves his hands down to stroke the submissive one, so Jungkook does the same, one hand dancing down Taehyung's torso to the waistband of his shorts, fingers dancing on his soft flesh there while the other hand creeps up Taehyung's chest. Jungkook smirks against Taehyung's neck as he feels a bulge beneath Taehyung's sleep shorts, and the blond let out a soft moan when Jungkook's hand firmly strokes him through the fabric.

"Jungkook--"

"Keep reading," Jungkook commands, his words dancing over Taehyung's neck and earlobe as the dark-haired man nips on it slightly, "I love feeling how turned on you get," he adds, his words causing Taehyung to blush brightly, the color flushing to his ears, and Jungkook nips on them again, enjoying the soft deep moans that leave his lover's lips. He slides his hand into Taehyung's shorts, stroking him as Taehyung keeps reading to the best of his ability.

He hates to admit it, but he loves this side to Jungkook. This dominant, sexually charged, and very controlled Jungkook that can bring him pleasure with just a simple word and flick of his wrist. He keeps reading, losing himself in the details of the book and the melting touch of his lover. Jungkook kisses Taehyung's neck, loving the feeling of the boy arching his hips to meet his strokes, his knuckles going white from how tightly he clenches to the book, yet he does as Jungkook said and keeps reading. He flips the page, and moans as Jungkook's finger flicks against his nipple, teasing it as his other hand picks up its pace, bringing him to a climax almost dizzyingly fast. The book is quickly forgotten as he reaches back and grabs the back of Jungkook's neck, pulling him into a deep kiss as his cum spills onto Jungkook's hand and over his sleep shorts. Jungkook smirks into the kiss before pulling away, kissing Taehyung's forehead, nose, and lips again, pecking them before he whispers something that has Taehyung trembling with delight.

"We're not done yet, love,"

...

"Why The Scoundrel's Seduction?" another audience member asks, breaking Taehyung's thoughts from that intense night. Jungkook smirks again, the look causing many audience members to swoon, yet they don't realize it is directed at the boy in the back of the crowd.

"I think I liked the dynamics in that one the best, and the setting was also really interesting being set in a fantasy desert," Jungkook replies, and the night goes on. Taehyung does his best to focus and tries not to think about the book and the lovemaking that came with it, yet he can't stop his thoughts from wandering. 

Once Jungkook is done, Namjoon directs him to a table at the back of the store where he sits and starts signing books. The audience forms a long cue, yet Taehyung waits in his seat, knowing Jungkook won't want him distracting him as he signs books. He watches as Jungkook smiles and talks to his fans, signing books, and laughing lightly when some of the fans approach with his older books, wanting him to sign those as well. Finally, it is the last couple of people and Taehyung gets up, wandering over to be the last person in line.

"Thanks for coming," Jungkook says as another person walks away. He lets out a small sigh, fiddling with the cap on his sharpie before looking up and seeing Taehyung in front of him, a boxy grin on his lips. Jungkook immediately stands and grins, pulling Taehyung closer and planting a kiss on his lips. Taehyung sets the book on the table so he can run his hand over the back of Jungkook's neck, pulling away as he teases Jungkook's long locks.

"You did great, Kookie," Taehyung quietly says, basking in the loving gleam in Jungkook's eyes as he smiles even brighter.

"Thanks to you, bub. You always know how to keep me calm," Jungkook says before kissing Taehyung's cheek.

"I didn't do anything except remind you of what you already know," Taehyung lightly says, fiddling with the book on the table as Jungkook sits down again with a small laugh.

"Still. I appreciate it more than you know, love," Jungkook replies before pulling Taehyung's book over and signing it quickly. He closes it and caps his pen, not handing the book back over which makes Taehyung pout.

"I want to know what you wrote," he says, reaching for the book, yet Jungkook keeps it from him, his smile shifting to a mischievous grin.

"You'll see at home, TaeTae, be patient," Jungkook playfully says, kissing his forehead softly as he wraps an arm around Taehyung and gathers his things. Namjoon comes over, smiling brightly.

"Thanks for doing this, Jungkook, you have no idea how much it means for me to be your debut shop," he says, giving Jungkook a friendly hug that the raven-haired author returns.

"Anytime, hyung, anytime!" Jungkook chimes, "You RSVP'd for our wedding, right? I know you can be forgetful about dates but--"

"I RSVP'd don't you worry," Namjoon interjects, flashing a bright dimpled grin, "Jin and I won't miss it for the world," he adds, and Taehyung can't help but smile as well. Namjoon and Jin were Jungkook's closest childhood friends, and he was most eager to meet them after all the funny stories Jungkook would tell about them. His anxiousness was very similar to how Jungkook felt meeting Hoseok and Jimin, Taehyung's other friends and the two people in his life who had no idea Taehyung had a boyfriend until Yoongi filled them in.

"I'm really glad the two of you are going to celebrate with us. I know it's kind of far away, but if you need help with plane tickets or anything--"

"Don't worry, Taehyung, we are really happy to go," Namjoon says, patting Taehyung's shoulder comfortingly, "As long as Jungkook knows I'm probably going to embarrass the hell out of him during my Groomsmen speech," he teases, his words bringing a giggle to Taehyung's lip and a groan to Jungkook's.

"Hyung, please don't,"

"Why not? It'll be fun,"

"Because--" Jungkook's words are lost on Taehyung as his deep laughter fills the small shop, mixing with Namjoon and Jungkook's bickering and the quiet whispers of a few straggling shoppers. The night is perfect, and Taehyung is so grateful that he gets to be a part of Jungkook's life like this. That he gets to be there to support him and celebrate with him and love him unconditionally. There is no judgment or hatred amongst their friend group. Just encouragement and fun.

"C'mon, hyung, you can't do that. You don't want to put a damper on my wedding day, do you?" Taehyung finally interjects when he can tell Namjoon and Jungkook aren't going to stop bickering.

"Fine, fine, fine, I won't embarrass you. Just know I'm not agreeing for you, but for Taehyungie," Namjoon teasingly says, and the blond man smiles brighter.

"Thank you, Namjoonie-hyung!" Taehyung playfully says, before Namjoon soon shoos the two out of his shop, claiming he needs to start closing up as it is getting late. And it is; the clock in the corner shows ten o'clock on its face, and the streets around the bookshop are completely empty. Jungkook takes a hold of Taehyung's hand, the couple walking quietly towards the car parking lot.

"Did you have fun tonight, love?" Jungkook asks, loving how the two instinctively fall into step with each other, the staccato sound of their shoes on the sidewalk echoing around the quiet streets as if they are one person and not two.

"I had a lot of fun, Kookie. Like I said, you did a great job," Taehyung chimes, giving Jungkook that encouraging smile that literally melts all of his insecurities. Jungkook kisses Taehyung's head silently to show his gratitude, and Taehyung leans against his lover softly.

"I'm glad you thought so. I really appreciate you coming to these things," Jungkook admits, comforted by Taehyung's squeeze on his hand.

"I will be there for all of them then. I don't care if I have to hear the opening paragraph to A City's Love hundreds of times, I will always be here to support you," Taehyung chimes, his words causing Jungkook's heart to ache.

"I love you," he says, smiling as he pecks Taehyung's lips, "So fucking much," he adds in between kisses, and Taehyung giggles softly.

"I love you too," he quietly replies, unable to stop the grin on his lips as Jungkook holds up his hand and kisses his fingers, sliding the ring on his hand between his calloused fingers slightly.

"I can't wait to call you mine," Jungkook mumbles, surprised by the possessiveness in his veins and in his words as they slip from his lips. He's about to apologize, yet he sees the bright blush on Taehyung's cheeks and the cute way he shyly kisses Jungkook's engagement ring, so he realizes he may not need to.

"You're such a goof, Kookie," Taehyung quietly says before kissing Jungkook's cheek, dropping their hands back down by their sides, "I'm already yours. You don't need to prove that,"

"I know I don't need to, but I sure as hell want to," Jungkook replies, enjoying the shy smile that crosses Taehyung's lips as he glances down at the concrete beneath their feet.

"I want that, too..." he replies, those shy words making Jungkook's heartbeat even louder in his chest. He feels like one day he might drop dead from the amount of love he feels for this boy. His fingers rest lightly on the underside of Taehyung's chin, lifting his gaze so he can kiss him tenderly. Taehyung's eyes flutter closed, losing himself in Jungkook's soft kiss, coaxing the molten desire in him. He doesn't even notice when Jungkook hands him the signed copy of A City's Love, his mind too foggy with the hazy lust that the raven-haired man ignited within him.

"Read it," Jungkook quietly says, his deep voice rattling through Taehyung and keeping his desire sparked, but also his curiosity. He flips open the book as Jungkook wraps his arms around his waist, blushing brightly when he reads the thick black words on the title page of the book.

To my Angel.

You will forever have my heart.

Love,

Your Scoundrel

...

And that's all she wrote! 

Not gonna lie guys, Truth Untold started playing while I wrote the ending of this piece, and I'm tearing up...

Anyways, I hope you all stay healthy, happy, and safe. See you soon!

~Alice~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 6.8K 38
A story where, Taehyung and Daehyung are brothers. Jungkook and In-haa are brother and sister. Daehyung loves Jungkook. But Jungkook doesn't. In-haa...
29.3K 2.1K 18
━━━ 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐂 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 ➷ 𝐓𝐀𝐄𝐊𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 Two people who should never have crossed paths were brought together by circums...
1.1M 71K 50
"I'm pretty sure this is illegal, right?" "Yeah, but that's the fun part of it babe." ~ In which the beautiful but not so adventurous Kim Taehyung ge...
261K 13K 48
"I thought you left me again." Taehyung said hugging him tightly. "I'll never leave you no matter what happen this time, hyungie." Jungkook said hugg...