Living With Animals

By SavWrites22

BOOK TWO IS UP HIGHEST RANKINGS- #1 out of 6k in living- #1 out of 958 in Leukemia-#2 out of 1.14k in cancer... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
A/N
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chaoter 49
Chapter 50 y'all!!!!!!!!
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60! THE LAST CHAPTER BEFORE BOOK 2
Epilogue/Preview
YALL

Chapter 29

137 0 0
By SavWrites22

Claire's P.O.V.
Same Day as Last Chapter
****************

"So are you ever going to tell me what happened to your back?" Jaocb asks, as we sit cuddled on my bed watching Outer Banks.

"When I'm ready, maybe."

"Fine. I won't pressure you."

"Dinner!" My mother calls up the stairs. I can hear her loud, heavy footsteps up the stairs.

"Coming mom!" I yell downstairs.

I get up, shuddering from the brush of cold air, and jog down the stairs to the kitchen table, to find Bronnor, Connor, Laken, Spencer, Drew, and Hudson, all sitting at the kitchen table.

"Good to see you, Claire. Glad I got a hug," Laken claims, sarcasm striking. I fill him off and by father scolds me.

"I'm sorry I had better things to do," I retort to Laken.

"Like what?"

"Like see my bestfriend, duh." I point to Jacob and Spencer laughs at the expression on Lakens face at my comment.

"Well I'm going to pretend that I didn't hear that so that I am not offended and don't cry." He puts one hand on his chest and the other wipes a fake tear. I shake my head at him, and sit down.

"So how are you feeling?" Isabelle asks out fo spontaneity.

"Good actually. I'm feeling better than I was."

"Well that's good."

"It is."

"Have you been able tos tart softball or dance yet?"

"Not quite. Getting close though, hopefully."

"Wonderful!"

"Yeah." The rest of dinner is mainly silent, besides our parents talking politics, taxes, and all that other bullshit.

After an hour or so, Jacob and I walk back to my room laying down, and before I know it, I'm out like a light.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~
Claire's P.O.V
2:47 AM
~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~
I wake up as my phone rings my room empty, so I assume Jacob must have gone to room.

The number is unknown, but seems recognizable, so I answer and sure enough( the sound of Dr. Mayes' voice comes up.

"Is this Claira Johnson?" I

"This is she," I croak.

"Your test results are back." Test results. Test results to see how I was doing.

"Okay? Was it necessary to call me this early in the morning?"

"Yes, actually it was."

"Okay. Sorry for being impolite but it's early and i'm kind of crabby."

"Claira. The chemo therapy was working."

"What do you mean was?"

"Now that it's moved to your CNS, it's not working. You're goign to need a stem-cell transplant." I stand there shocked at the wrods, dropping my phone then catching it.

"O-okay. How much is it?"

"It's going to be around 130,000." Shit.

"And whats the survival rate?"

"Anywhere from 43-62%." This time I really do drop my phone. And as I bend down to grab it, I sink tot he floor and just sit there.

"O-okay, t-thank you," I stutter through tears, hanging up the phone.

Then I sob. I don't push my face into my pillow to stifle noise. Anyone who wants to hear me can. Because I can't run away from this.

"Claira?" My brother asks, walking into the room.

"Mason?"

"What happened?"

"I don't want to talk about it right now."

"I won't make you. But I'll at least lay with you."

"Okay."

He grab s a blanket off my bed and he sits next to me on the floor wrapping me in the warm blanket.

"Love you, Sis."

"Love you, Mase."

********************************

Claira's P.O.V.- the next morning

********************************

"It'll be okay. I promise," my brother says, trying to comfort me, though I know his words are a lie.

"Don't promise me things you can't go through with." He goes to respond but I cut him off. "Let's just go eat breakfast." I wipe my eyes off with my sleeve, then head out of my room.

I walk down the stairs, still in pajama pants and a grey sweatshirt, my hair down, not even slightly brushed.

"Morning, Claira. how did you sle-" my mom starts but pauses at the sight of my bright red, sleep deprived eyes, and my swollen face.

"I slept fine."

"Were you crying?"

"Yeah, I had a bad dream, that's all." She gives me a skeptical look and I show no sign of lying, so she brushes it off.

"Pancakes are ready!" she yells, to anyone who listens. Immediately, a stampede of boys comes charging into the kitchen. Jacob's not there.

"He'll be here," Isabelle assures, waking into the kitchen. "He has physically therapy. We had him switched down here for Thanksgiving Week."

"Oh. Okay."

As if on cue, Jacob walks through the front door, grimacing, but seeing pancakes and sprinting to the table.

"PANCAKES!" He yells.

I shake my head at him as he sits down. I grab a pancake, following his actions and sit down at the table.

Everyone chatters, and it's quite loud so I try to block everyone out, but end up zoning out int he process.

"Claire. Earth to Claire," Connor says, waving a hand in front of my face.

"Sorry, yeah?"

"I was asking if you're okay. It sounded like you were crying last night."

"I'm fi-" Is tart, but don't finish, as my brother cuts me off, clearing his throat and giving me a look.

I shake my head and communicate with my eyes. No.

Tell them, he instructs.

Never

"I'll do it," he mouths.

"You wouldn't dare," I mouth back.

"Are you guys using twin telepathy, or something?" Connor asks, interrupting us.

"Sure call it that," I respond turning back to Mason.

"Bet," he mouths back. "Mom, Claire had something to tell you," he speaks.

"I fucking hate you," I mouth to him and he smiles. Love you too.

"And that would be?" she asks. Damn it.

I don't answer, and instead go to my voicemail. after I had hing up last night, she sent me a voicemail, so I could explain to my family. I press play on the button, and Jacob looks at me, urgency showering his eyes.

The voicemail plays, explaining everything from what's going on, to prices and treatment. I don't look up, but I don't need to to see the disappointment on everyone's face.

"So what do you we do know?" Jacob asks.

"Simple," I respond. "We don't do anything, and hope I outlive it."
*********************

So, there's that chapter........

Anyways, I hope everyone liked it and and THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH FOR 500 READS. that's more than I ever expected.

I hope everyone had a good spring break, I know I did!

Have an amazing day yall!

-Sav<3

PS: GO READ MY NEW BOOK!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 13.9K 18
***EXCERPT ONLY*** He is Captain of the football team. Most popular Guy in school. Can get any girl he wants. Next in line to be Alpha. Logan's not r...
248K 7.4K 30
I WILL EDIT THIS WHEN THE BOOK IS DONE!!!! Hey, My names Summer, Summer styles. I live in Los Angeles with my brother. Yes my brother. My father...
165K 2.8K 100
!Book one out of four! There is a part two to this book you don't have to read it but if you would like to it's called "My princess to the Black Wido...
2.7M 73.2K 49
Book 1 On a werewolfs sixteenth birthday, they finally are granted the senses to seek out their mate. Alyssa and Amy have been friends all their life...