𝐌𝐋𝐁𝐁: 𝐀 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥

By silvannaschild

❝𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘧𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴?❞ ❝𝘯𝘰. 𝘴𝘩... More

INTRODUCTION.
𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚
𝟭 - 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁
𝟮 - 𝗮𝗻 𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮 𝗻𝗲𝘄
𝟯 - 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘃𝗮𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗽𝗼𝗲𝘁
𝟰 - 𝗮 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁
𝟱 - 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗯𝘆𝘀𝘀 𝗮𝘄𝗮𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗱
𝟲 - 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗰𝘂𝗲
𝟳 - 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗼𝗻𝗱
𝟴 - 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗱𝗼𝗺
𝟵 - 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻
𝟭𝟬 - 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗲𝗰𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹
𝟭𝟭 - 𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴'𝘀 𝗾𝘂𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗹
𝟭𝟯 - 𝘃𝗲𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗳𝘂𝗹
𝟭𝟰 - 𝗲𝘅𝗶𝗹𝗲
𝟭𝟱 - 𝗮 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗲
𝟭𝟲 - 𝗽𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗼𝗻
𝟭𝟳 - 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘁

𝟭𝟮 - 𝗮𝗻 𝘂𝗻𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘄𝘀

123 14 7
By silvannaschild

Guinevere's POV.

Professor Gord's office was located in the highest Magic Academy's tower. Guinevere was barely keeping up with his speed, feeling tired of all the stairs she had to go through. But panting hardly next to him would only cause his anger to rise. Staying very quiet was her only choice.

After countless of stairs, they finally arrived. Various colored orbs were floating in each shelf, magic wands of different sizes were properly placed on the table, and the ceiling was bewitched to look like stars and galaxies from above. Even though it had been years, it was her first time visiting his office.

Guinevere admired it, observing every corner that beheld a beautiful magical object.

As fascinating as they may seem, she would never use magic wands to conjure magic. She thought it was lame and exceptionally witchy, but that wasn't the main reason why. Her school rival Lylia, who was in second rank, was obsessed with wands.

Orbs, however, were always her favorite. In fact, the blue energy orb was one of her main magical skills. Almost all students here used the orbs for a lot of interesting objectives to enhance their creativity, since they were the most versatile properties of magic.

She got lost for a while, then remembered her ongoing class with Professor Eudora that needed to be paused. Skipping classes was never on her to-do list. She needed to get on with what Professor Gord wanted, fast.

"Excuse me for asking, sir," she said. "But what exactly do you need? You can say it now and I can assist you during recess or even right after class if it's so important, or maybe—"

"Silence!" he bellowed, and Guinevere zipped her mouth to stop her nonsense talk.

"Apologies, sir," she murmured, looking down.

Gord took what seemed to be a letter from his large desk, handing it roughly to her.

"A letter from your father," he said.

She opened the envelope with the Baroque family stamp—an image of a lion—sealing it together. She unfolded the letter, knowing clearly it was her father's handwriting.

Dear Guinevere,

I hope you are having a wonderful time at the Academy. It's been years since your mother and I last saw you, and as you study, changes have occurred here in Castle Gorge. I need you to come home. Your best day is just around the corner, sweetheart. Have a safe route.

Love,

Father

"No, no..." she whispered.

She was puzzled. What was her father's purpose of sending her home? It wasn't Christmas yet, which was the only time of year students were allowed to return to their homelands. Even then, Guinevere often stayed for Christmas in the Academy to fulfill her grades for the final examinations.

What if they were in trouble? She was also worried for her family's condition at the same time. She loved them more than anything, but getting unexpected letters from her father in the middle of a school year was very unlikely.

"He says I have to... go home..." she said hesitantly.

"Assumed so," Gord said. "I'll report to Professor Eudora about this. Now, go to your dormitory and prepare your belongings. You must be ready for your journey home tomorrow morning."

"But, don't I deserve some homework? I mean, I'm not so sure when I'll be back. I will definitely miss a lot of lessons. At least give me essays, or exercises, or... just anything! Please!"

"If it is what you ask, then it is what you shall get." Gord took a parchment and started listing all of her tasks with a wave of his hand, quick as lightning.

ASSIGNMENTS

1. History

· Summary of the western history
· Summary of the eastern history
· Research on Vonetis Island mystery

2. Study of Magical Orbs

· Research on the Twilight Orb

Guinevere sighed. She forgot how strict Professor Gord could be, but it was what it took to obtain good grades. Failing a class wasn't at all in her dictionary. "When are these due?" she asked, still scanning her duties.

"As soon as you're back," he replied. "Make sure each of them is written in a separate book. Otherwise, nothing."

"Understood," she said. "Thank you, Professor."

She left his office and was on her way to the girl's dormitory, when she saw Lylia right by the entrance. You've got to be kidding me.

"Lovely to see you, Gwen!" she greeted in a cheerful manner, but to her it sounded more like mockery. The short and tiny little witch would always cause annoyance to Guinevere simply because she was capable of answering questions correctly and wore violet, Guinevere's favorite color, as her daily outfit. Not to mention she would do anything to pull her braided purple and black hair. Although, she had to admit that Lylia was never mean to people, if you don't include pulling naughty pranks, especially on Professor Eudora. They were absolutely troublesome.

"And why, may I ask, are you here?" Guinevere scoffed. "Aren't you supposed to be studying in Professor Eudora's class?"

"What?" she said. "Her class is over, silly! I'm going to have Astronomy soon with Professor Gord. See ya!"

Lylia walked ahead, carrying the Astronomy textbook and left her alone. Guinevere saw her untouched black shoes leaving magic tracks right behind her. She rolled her eyes, annoyed as ever, and went to her dormitory to pack her things.

***

It was 6:00 AM, an hour before school started. Guinevere woke up, still feeling a bit sleepy, but she was used to it. Years of being in the Magic Academy, where she had to wake up at 7:00 AM; study; have lunch; study again; have recess, where she would rather do a review of what she learnt that day; and finally sleep. It was a routine, and sometimes she could get bored of it. The studying part was an exception. Learning something new about magic was definitely her favorite thing to do, especially when she outclassed Lylia's not-so-clever brain.

She got out of her small bed and off to the washroom to brush her teeth and get ready for her ride home.

The thought was still on her mind about her father's unexpected letter, but she would soon find out about it, even though it was still bothering her.

She took off her nightgown and put on her regular purple dress, barely covering her legs and thighs, but she didn't mind. It was her favorite dress out of all the fancy ones she owned.

Her clothes and other belongings were perfectly fitting on her pretty blue luggage with a large pastel pink 'G' in the middle. She then put her white socks and black heels on and left the girl's dormitory, where the others were still asleep.

As she arrived in the main hall, she saw both Professor Gord and Eudora waiting on the massive entrance door, their eyes glowing. Right across it was the Academy's carriage, ready to take her for a ride. It was shining black with hints of gold and four majestic white horses in sight. Two imaginary footmen were waiting for her. They were creepy, conjured by advanced magic abilities, but the Magic Academy barely had people.

"Good morning, Professors," Guinevere greeted. "Thank you for taking my matters seriously. I will be back soon, I promise."

"Be careful on your way home," Eudora said.

Gord didn't bother speaking. He gave an assuring nod instead which was enough for her. Guinevere walked down the stairs and into the carriage, leaving Magic Academy.

Even if it was a temporary goodbye, she doubted she would return any sooner.

***

Castle Gorge was bold, standing tall and firm as if it was conjured directly from a storybook. The walls were brown, representing strength and solidarity, with quite the amount of trees surrounding the area. It was a legendary protector of the Baroque family from generation to generation.

Guinevere had been riding for a week, and at last she had arrived. The Magic Academy was in the west of Northern Vale, whereas Castle Gorge was in the southwest of Moniyan. The temperature change was relaxing, for she barely could handle the severe cold in the pole.

"Thank you, um, fellow footmen," she said, although she felt like talking to herself. They were basically phantoms. She took her luggage and got out of the carriage, waving her hand nervously as she let out a fake, halfhearted smile.

She opened the golden gates. Her parents were waiting for her by the doors, smiling from ear to ear when they saw her daughter's appearance. Guinevere smiled widely too, realizing how much she missed them.

"Mother, father!" she called and put her arms around them. King Arthur Baroque was a tall man with his long brown hair connecting his beard and mustache. His crown was made of pure gold, accompanied by crimson red rubies. Queen Victoria Baroque was petite with her blonde hair flowing down her back. She was a beautiful and mature woman, looking so identical to her brother, Lancelot.

"My Guinevere," King Arthur said in his hoarse yet calming voice. "You're not the little girl I used to know."

"It's wonderful to see you, little dove," Queen Victoria said in her soothing voice. Little dove. It was a special nickname her mother had given her. "You've grown into such a beautiful young woman. How's your studies? Is it going well?"

Guinevere giggled. "It's great, mother. Besides, it's not like I'm totally new to magic. I remember the basic lessons you taught me when I was nine, before sending me off to Northern Vale."

"You are everything we've ever hoped for, dear," her father added. "Now, you must be wondering why I sent that letter."

Guinevere's smile faded, even though her parents smile was still carved on their lips. She did not have the slightest idea what their plan was, but it better be good.

"You are of age now, my darling," King Arthur started. "Seven years of studying in the Academy, and you're finally home. You're now a clever woman—a magic expert, dare I say. Your mother and I have come to conclusion that you are... ready."

"Ready?" Guinevere asked, bemused. "For what?"

"We've found the right partner for you, little dove," Queen Victoria said.

"Partner?" Guinevere was startled. "What—what do you mean?" she asked, even though she seemed to know what they were saying.

"Yes, dear," her father said. "You are to be married to George Paxley. I'm sure you've heard of the Paxley House, hm? One of the most prestigious and prideful families, just like us. He is the eldest in the family and a noble man. He'd be a perfect match—"

"No..." Guinevere said, sniveling. She couldn't believe a single thing her father was saying. She didn't want to. Her sadness quickly turned into fury, consuming her body like a hungry lion ready to pounce.

"Guinevere, listen—"

"NO, NO, NOOO!!!" she roared extremely loud. Her booming voice silenced her parents, causing them to stand still and watch their daughter's infuriating anger. She released her tears carelessly, too lost in her own rage to even grab a tissue and wipe them off.

"I came all the way from Northern Vale, traveled for a week, freezing in the cold with scarce food and water, accompanied by two creepy ghosts from the Academy, only to hear the news that you've found me a husband?!What kind of injustice is this!!!" she yelled, her face red as tomato.

"He is a good man, Gwen," her father stated, his voice clearer, signaling that this was a serious topic. "You must marry him for our future. The Baroques and The Paxleys would make a great ally together—"

"NO!!!" Guinevere yelled, much louder this time. "Please father, I don't want to marry! Why me?! I'm not supposed to be a priority! Where's Lancelot?! Where's my brother?!" She realized at once her brother was nowhere to be found.

She paused for a while, thinking where her brother might be, but she remembered the way her parents treated him. She remembered it all too well.

"Father, what did you do to him?" she asked warily.

"That is none of your concern." Her father was now glaring at her, his brown eyes fully on his daughter.

"You're hiding something from me," Guinevere said.

"My dove, let's get back to what we're supposed to talk about—" but Guinevere quickly interjected her mother's sentence.

"No, I want to know! What did you do to my brother? WHERE IS HE?!" Her rage was boiling once again, causing more stress in her teenage mind.

However, she noticed her father's cold sweat and anger showing, too. Her family reunion was not what she had expected to be.

"He ran away!" her father shouted, but Guinevere knew he wasn't being honest.

"No, he didn't!" she shouted back. "He would never run away from home! HE LOVES YOU! HE LOVES YOU AND YOU BANISHED HIM!"

"ENOUGH, GUINEVERE! He did not deserve the honor to set foot in this castle! He's a traitor! Swords were never our custom, and it will never be! Your brother has chosen his path!" Her father was just as furious as she was, but she didn't step back.

"He's not a traitor!!! Mother, please—" she yelled, but she had no voice left to argue. She couldn't face her father anymore, but asking her mother for support didn't help in any way.

"I'm afraid I have to agree with your father," she said sadly. "It's for your own good, little dove. You will soon know that."

Guinevere sobbed and pushed her parents away. "It was never for my own good, it's for yours."

She left her parents on their thrones and plunged into her room, collapsing her weak body to her bed.

Her father had forced her into a loveless marriage to a man she had never met, from a family she had barely heard of. All for political matters.

Her heart was shattered.

So much for being a Baroque princess.

-

[ an; a whole chapter just for gwen. sorry guys i just love her so much !! i'll write from a different perspective for the next chapter, but please enjoy this! love u <3 ]

xoxo, cel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 538 41
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Book three of the Princess Eleanora series. ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
61K 2.2K 32
'And who are you?' Ruby asked warily. The man stepped into the beam of light spilling from between the leaves of two tall trees. Ruby's breath caught...
3.2K 205 33
"Be careful not to fall." She was warned but she still fell and she knew all along that tripping will only hurt her. She knew it from the very beginn...
22.4K 3.5K 73
FEATURED ON WATTPAD'S OFFICIAL FANTASY, ROMANCE, MAGIC, STORIES UNDISCOVERED AND SPECULATATIVE FICTION PROFILES. "Rose run!" A voice yelled from all...