angels kiss in spring

By missmaggiemcgill

about a summer dipped in honey. More

Perfect Strangers
Stray Cat Blues

prologue

173 5 2
By missmaggiemcgill

You were never hard to love. Too easy, in fact. Like cutting into melted butter. You weren't hard to recognize when I saw you across the bar that night. The memory that was forgotten, neglected as a teenage fantasy, came flooding back. 1967, crowds of teenagers, bunched up everywhere around the park. Loud voices, the smell of dirt, spilled beer and prepubescent sweat. The taste of peach schnapps on my tongue, laminating my mouth and my mind buzzing like fireflies. Sneaking away into a meadow, just you and me, your rough hand grabbing mine. The taste of your tongue, wet and aggressive, the feeling of your mane under my hand. You were mine for 45 minutes. Then you disappeared again. You were on my mind for two months after and I didn't even know your name. I walked around town looking for you after school, hoping you would appear somewhere, anywhere. Years later and there you were. What took you so long? It was too late. You were someone important now, I understood from the crowd surrounding you. Enchanting girls with long, long legs on high platforms begging. A star. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.6K 2.9K 50
"๐“๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก, ๐๐š๐ซ๐ž, ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ง ๐›๐จ๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ, ๐ˆ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐€๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž" ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ Caitlin Clark fa...
1M 63.5K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
135K 897 14
collection of stories .
134K 4.7K 39
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...