Princess...

By liv098

Accalia was the outcast of the Farkas pack that rule New Orleans. Banished at 14, she ran away to start a new... More

Background...
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 8

19 2 0
By liv098

Ethan

Seated at the top of the long table, I cast a glance around at my best men, the closest people to me since my father passed. Food was brought out by Raula and I glanced behind her, waiting for the new rogue to appear and growled lowly when I realised she wasn't going to be making an appearance

Where is she?  I mind linked Raula, something I was very grateful for to avoid the men seated with me asking questions.

She is resting in her room, Ethan. She looks like she'd break if I put her to work right now. Raula mind linked me back and I had to drop the subject. I don't know why I cared, the only worker I cared for was Raula; I saw my mother in her and liked to imagine that Raula had inherited my mother's charm after she passed. All of my men were watching me, waiting for permission to eat and I nodded at once, watching carefully as they all bowed their heads in thanks as the men tucked into the food on their plates.

Delta Kurt was fast growing on me, sat to my left as always and I took in his appearance. Dirty blonde hair no longer than a few inches stuck up everywhere in a way his mate called a 'fashion trend' and dark brown eyes that intimidated even the boldest warriors. He had been my father's choice for my Delta and I resisted at first, begging to have my choice of a pack but after giving Kurt a hard time for 6 months, he'd surpassed every one of my tests and I had no choice but to allow him the role. Then to my right was Beta Deryn, my strongest man who had earned his role by my side tenfold. We had battles once a month to give everyone in the pack a fair chance at rising through the ranks. Occasionally an Omega would surprise me, climbing up to a warrior or Sentinel title and other times, a Hunter would have to be downranked as he lost a fight to an Omega or a strong pup. It was werewolf politics to its fullest, but I was yet to be beaten after 6 years as Alpha. Beta Deryn oversaw all of the battles, keeping me updated when I got bored of the fights, retiring to the library or my room when I had lost interest in politics. My right-hand man had dark brown hair to match his dark brown eyes, shaved on the sides and the top was pulled into a top knot to stop it from falling in his face. I was very proud of the leadership I had established, despite my actions being called into question; like this evening. The Sentinel had called a meeting when Rogue Ace's scent appeared on our territory, carried by me as she lay unconscious in my arms. She appeared shy at first but there was a fire in her that I saw when she had tried to beat me into complying with her demands. I don't know why I accepted it; any other rogue would be dead by now, hence the meeting.

After we had finished eating, Kurt, Deryn and I made our way to the boardroom, taking our seats as we awaited the Sentinel and his men to arrive. Delta Kurt became restless, and even I had to admit they were taking a long time.

Intruder in the West Wing. The Sentinel mind linked me and I growled aloud, the two men beside me startling. I stalked back the way I had come to the boardroom, catching the scent of the Sentinel and then rogue as I rounded the corner. Rogue Ace was slowly backing away from two warriors who were stalking in my direction, clearly after her. She didn't even notice my presence at first until her smaller frame collided with my chest, slowly turning to face me. I fixed a hard glare to my face for good measure, so the rogue knew her place and how furious I was that she had been sneaking around the house.

"Alpha Lake, this rogue was trespassing through the West Wing. I'll have the men escort her downstairs." I could feel the fear emanating from the Sentinel and I rolled my eyes, sometimes being feared was boring. And then I watched Ace begin limping towards the two warriors and they stood either side of her

"What happened to her?" My inner wolf was angry, that someone else would hurt the rogue when I didn't even know what she had done. Everyone froze, bowing their heads.

"I can assure you, Alpha. I didn't even know she was limping, We found her like this." I rolled my eyes again, fixing my glare on the older Sentinel in front of a crowd of his men

"That's bullshit, Sentinel and you know it. Which of your men attacked the rogue?" Ace's head was bowed, the same as the crowd of warriors and I smirked, this particular power trip was too good not to enjoy.

"The rogue will tell you. Go on outcast, none of my men even touched you, did they?" I glanced down at the back of Rogue Ace, waiting for her answer and tried to ignore how sick the smell of fear made me. However as the hallway was met with silence, I took a step forward and placed a hand on Ace's shoulder, to which she flinched away. Ace slowly turned to face me, fixing her stare on my shoes and I frowned, unable to decipher her emotions as my inner wolf sniffed, getting nothing.

"Take the pack to the boardroom, Sentinel. I'll deal with Rogue Ace." I spat, fixing my stare on the group of wolves who all scurried past me towards the meeting and I moved in front of Rogue Ace, who tensed up at my presence.

"Ace..." I don't know why I had softened my tone, I got all the obedience I needed from being harsh and merciless, hence why the Alpha King trusted me most. Then I was met with piercing blue eyes, shining with something I didn't quite recognise "Did someone hurt you?" The smaller rogue shook her head and I couldn't tell if she was covering for the Sentinel or not and she bowed her head to me in submission again, very obviously not wishing for this conversation to continue.

"As the Alpha, I have a useful power, you know. I can tell when someone is lying, whether they know it or not." I knew that the rogue was not from the Nevada pack, I had already asked their Alpha if he had banished her from his pack after I saw Rogue Ace in the fighting club only a few days prior. I knew she was lying, I just couldn't tell why.

"No, Alpha. They did not harm me." She shook her head hard and I felt my anger building at the blatant disrespect the rogue had shown me. So why hadn't I killed her? I had not hesitated to kill the last rogue... Was her name Lynx? No, it was Lynexa. She had sworn at me when I'd given her some orders and without missing a step I'd ordered for her execution, laughing coldly as her head rolled to my feet, eyes wide open staring through me.

"Then you are dismissed. Don't come up here again." I watched Rogue Ace limp away pitifully and something came over me, not from my inner wolf but from my human form and without hesitation, I scooped up the small woman, who thrashed about in my arms. This didn't phase me, I'd killed a Hunter who had challenged me once that had put up a greater fight than Rogue Ace was currently doing. The Hunter had thrashed mercifully at my hands but that didn't stop me from killing him, chuckling darkly as my pack watched on.

"I'm okay. Put me down, Alpha." I tightened my arms around the woman, laughing at the joke she made. I walked back towards the worker's quarters and stood still when I arrived in the hallway. This was unfamiliar territory, I knew that an Alpha had no place down here, especially as most of the workers despised me and my ways. Fuck them, they didn't understand the sacrifices I'd had to make to get here.

"Thank you, Alpha." The rogue met my eyes and I stared intensely into the piercing blue ones and that same peculiar feeling that had appeared when I saw her fight back at the club resurfaced, but I ensured a harsh glare was fixed to my face before dropping the rogue on the floor once again. I had to admit, that was a very brave move. Rarely did I get challenged by someone with a low rank in my pack, let alone a rogue who didn't even belong to one. Speaking of, which pack did she come from? Rogue Ace looked so familiar but I couldn't place it, I'd remember the pack shortly, I had to.

"Don't go into the West Wing again, Rogue Ace." I turned around and didn't look back, making my way to the meeting in the boardroom.

The new rogue is back. Get her some rest. I mind linked Raula who, as I exited the worker's quarters, had come to find Ace on the floor. As I entered the boardroom I just wanted to forget the red-haired rogue but of course, this meeting was solely focused on her arrival. Was Ace short for something? Maybe that's why she had been banished, not having a wolf-centred name like the Moon Goddess desired, she clearly wasn't a good fit for a pack. I took my place at the head of the table, and the wolves around me followed. I gazed around at the men

"Forgive me, Alpha, but why is the rogue here? We need not for any more workers around the house. We have plenty." One of the Sentinel's men spoke first and I shot him a cold glare, truthfully due to the subject of the rogue being brought up but the man took it as a warning to his actions, bowing his head to the table in submission. How was I going to explain the indescribable urge I'd had to bring her back to my territory? That I wasn't completely sure of the reasoning for my actions? The admission could cause my whole pack to question my authority and priorities as Alpha, something my inner wolf growled at from deep inside.

"As you all know, Rogue Ace will work as a jack of trades, assisting in all areas that the workers need. We found her hiding out in Irvine and I believed she was a good fit." Beta Deryn snorted aloud at my blatant lies, clearly recalling how clumsy and careless Ace had been in the coffee shop. I fixed him with a hard stare and he composed himself, forcing his expression into a neutral one

"We haven't had a new rogue in the house since Honi. How do we know the rogue can be trusted?" The Sentinel spoke now, clearly trying to demonstrate to his men who sat at the table with us that he did have some power here. Silly wolf... He doesn't know how easy it would be to snap his neck and replace his position with his equally capable son, who remained watchful at the other end of the table, absorbing the discussion. I gave the son a nod of respect from across the vast table who bowed his head in response.

"She is being closely watched by Raula, I was ensured of it. Rogue Ace will be here indefinitely until I am finished with her." The men at the table whistled at the double entendre, but my mind flashed back to her limp and I felt the anger rising from my inner wolf, also infuriated at my leadership being questioned.

"Rogue Ace stays. And no one touches her," I gave a pointed look towards the Sentinal who ducked his head to avoid my gaze "That is a direct order. Anyone who harms Rogue Ace will be punished immediately. Unless there are any other questions, this meeting is finished." I snapped, standing suddenly and leaving the table, stalking out of the boardroom and making the long journey to the far West Wing, where my bedroom and library were hidden. I was still seething with anger and jumped from the bedroom window, landing expertly on the ground before shifting and taking off into the woods that surrounded the house, howling loudly as my wolf form was positively ecstatic at the prospect of roaming free once again.

Is she settled?  I mind linked Raula, unable to help myself in my wolf form as I breezed through the tall, towering trees that surrounded me.

She is fast asleep, Ethan. I'll begin her training tomorrow. Raula replied and that seemed to settle the frustrating nagging that had burrowed into my brain for the moment. Maybe I'd encountered a pixie and hadn't realised it? That had to be the reason why my mind wouldn't leave the red-headed rogue who currently slept in the worker's quarters. Pushing the thoughts aside and reminding myself to visit a Guardian tomorrow morning to ensure I hadn't been infected by one of those annoying little mites, I focused on feeling the wind through my fur, hoping to tire my wolf form out before settling into bed for the evening.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.8K 2.3K 43
𝟏 | π“π’πžπ 𝐭𝐨 𝐖𝐨π₯𝐯𝐞𝐬. __ Accalia Larren was born into a bloodline of hunters. A hunter family that rid the world of lycans and their des...
317K 8.1K 33
I was looking at world through eyes so innocent they made me disgustingly blind, but thanks to you darling , i'm finally released from my innocent bi...
758K 21.8K 40
Opposites attract. Everyone has heard this phrase at least once in their lives. Well, what if the person you're meant to be with is truly the opposit...
18.2M 489K 48
Warning: Feels, Violence and sexual content Advised Age: 15 + Maisie Ashford is thankful that her older brother is becoming Alpha. She'd rather not h...