Love Punched | COMPLETED

By SkylerChase29

❝ I'm as much a bad-boy as you're an average girl. So I suppose that answers both our questions. ❞ •♤• Lila S... More

IᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴT
Aesthetics
Dedication
01. Oblivious
02. They bet?
03. A Nuisance
04. Sly Intentions
05. Universal Signs
06. Annoying Guys
07. Tricked
09. Deep Talks
10. Friday Fights
11. Holy Turn On
12. A Brilliant Idea
13. Messed Up
14. Everyone Has Secrets
15. Irony At Its Finest
16. Jalapeños
17. Damning Conscience
18. Confrontations
19. Unwanted Changes
20. Body Building
21. Convincing
22. Sad Anniversary
23. Downhill
24. Slip Of Control
25. Backstory
26. Complexity
27. Changing Perceptions
28. Backstage
29. Not Ready Yet
30. Birthday Boy
31. Smitten
32. Burning Up
33. Knowing Lila
34. Knowing Derek
35. Interested?
36. Talk It Out
37. Connections
38. What Happened?
39. Get It Over With
40. Strained
41. One Chance
42. Wildcat Vs Wolf
43. Birthday Girl
44. Tell Me
45. High On Emotions
46. Kiss It Better
47. Fall Prey
48. Warning Bells
49. Bittersweet
50. Be Mine, Kitkat
Epilogue

08. Black & Blue

5.7K 266 21
By SkylerChase29

(Lila's P.O.V)

I hummed along to the tune of the song blasting in my separate training room as I covered my hands in the purple handwraps.

Halsey's 3am blasted from my playlist and the soundproof room I'd made my sanctuary over the past two years smelled faintly of cleaning supplies and sweat.

I sang along softly.

"While I'm runnin' through the numbers in my phone
And yeah, I'll take fake moans and dial tones
Let 'em spill right down the microphone
I need it digital 'cause, baby, when it's physical
I end up alone, end up alone."

Only an underlying smell of peaches from my perfume gave the purple whitewashed room a personal feel.

But I guess the purple did too.

Eh.

Shrugging to myself, I walked up to the punching bag and took up my position. Slightly bouncing on the balls of my feet, I exhaled heavily and emptied my mind while waiting for the lyrics to come on like a cue to start.

"Know that my identity's always getting the best of me
I'm the worst of my enemies
And I don't really know what to do with me
Yeah, I don't really know what to do with me."

The moment the lyrics of the song ended, my first punch landed on the black punching bag.

And then I didn't stop.

Not when my muscles started aching or sweat ran down my temple and the back of my neck, making my hair sticky. Mot when my knuckles started hurting. I breathed heavily and imagined the face I wanted to pummel so badly.

That did the trick to keep me going and as the bag swung with my power packed punch - a different song playing now - I ducked to avoid getting hit.

It was an outlet for me and my emotions and I respected the art that was kickboxing.

Frankly speaking, today wasn't a day I'd usually visit the gym and work out at all but my annoying neighbor wasn't a calming presence at all.

Of course, tricking him had been the highlight of my day. Derek thought James was a guy - for obvious reasons - but finding out that I'd just been referring to my best friend by her last name to fool him was so satisfying.

Though the last time I saw him he was with Veronica and then Michael told me how Rebecca was definitely interested.

He made the soccer team too, I'm sure of it. And Derek's a good source of amusement much like Warren yet still different.

But I was still in a sour enough mood.

Maybe it had something to do with pent up frustration from having spent three days in Looney Tunes' AKA Derek Greyson's orbit.

I clenched my jaw and landed a roundabout kick before steadying myself onto my feet and starting right back up.

Left hook, right jab, duck and punch.

I repeatedly carried out the combination and so immersed was I that I didn't hear or feel him until he spoke.

"What's got you so aggravated?"

I huffed and stopped punching, grabbing the bag to stop it from swinging as I hugged it and caught my breath.

I turned my head to see Diego walking towards me with a bottle of elixir.

Elixir equals water in my case if you didn't catch that.

I walked over to the couch and he followed as I remained silent.

Diego rose a brow and I sighed, taking the bottle from him and drinking to my fill.

"Thanks."

He hummed in response, leaning forward on his powerful thighs and those forearms rippled. Even at twenty-eight he could pass off as twenty-four.

Poser.

"Don't give me that look." He chuckled and I narrowed my eyes. His Spanish accent seeped into his words.

"What look, you idiota?" I scoffed in mock disdain.

"Gracias, gracias." He waved it away and spoke again, "What's got you visiting on a Monday? You usually hold out till Wednesday."

"Warren is no longer alone and I was in the mood for it. It was either this punching bag or new boy."

In response, he gave me a drawl look.

Though he was good looking and all, Diego wasn't my cup of tea. We both regarded each other as siblings.

I respected him a lot.

And he returned the sentiment though I always wondered why.

He was the one who trained me, after all so my respect and looking up to him was a given.

Pablo might have been the owner of Black and Blue - the underground fight ring and my safe haven - but it was Diego Morales who managed and ran it all.

The entryway above ground was to a bar where most of the teens spent their time and anyone who came here knew what waited below.

Anything a fighter would want for training was easily provided but not anyone could come here during the off-hours.

Obviously, the rules didn't apply to me.

The big area accommodated stuff of amazing quality and with ease of use. But on fight nights, the equipment was easily sided so that the crowd could gather around the ring. If it wasn't for the fact that this was illegal and fights for money took place in a building that wasn't legally registered or run then Black & Blue was as good as any high class gym or fighting spot. 

"Heard there's a new family in town." Diego remarked and I nodded.

It was rare for new people to move to a town pretty much non-existent on the maps and I'm quite sure they were the first new people in town in the last three years. So it was no surprise that word spread so quickly.

"My neighbors actually." I sarcastically smiled, "What luck!"

He rubbed the back of his neck, watching me with a shrewd gaze and I gave him the answer he wanted.

"Their son is the same age as me." I explained and a slow grin came over his face as I continued, "Derek is annoying, Diego so stop grinning. He's a fucking loon, I swear."

Diego stood up and then looked down at me as I impassively drank more water while wiping away the sweat with my hand towel.

"Is he going to be able to break through then? I mean I've been rooting for Warren but maybe it's time to change sides?"

I shot him a glare and he chuckled, knowing his deliberate attempt to rile me up actually worked. "Shut up or I'm breaking your jaw."

He raised his hands in a surrendering motion, "Of course. Can't piss off the best fighter in Ladenhill."

His mockery was not lost on me so I did what every immature teenager does in a situation where words cannot surmise their feelings.

I flipped him off.

With a death glare.

And it succeeded in amusing him, much to my dismay.

My threats towards him were empty because I might be the best fighter in this small town but The Leopard gave me a run for my money too. I only had two wins over her that made me number one on the score board.

Besides Diego, she presented a real fight.

I'd only trained for two years and just in kickboxing, giving it my all unlike Diego who was far more experience and not to mention - ripped.

"Anyways, Tasha in?" He questioned.

 I shrugged. "Dunno."

Diego rolled his eyes but then started heading out. "Any other letters?"

"Yup, same old." I gulped down the lump in my throat but anger rose to the surface once I remembered.

"Mkay." He gave me a meaningful look and I smiled slightly at his concern. He knew all my secrets and I.....

I knew all of his. Because he had some fairly good ones that only three people in this town knew. Though Cameron wasn't always in town but yeah, you get the picture.

I waved him off and he gave me a salute, "See you later."

When the door clicked close behind him, I exhaled heavily. Looking around the training room and the treadmill, the dumbbells, power rack, half rack, push-up bars, pull-up bars and a lot more, I actually felt thankful to Black & Blue.

I snickered to myself at the irony of the name, just like every other time.

Black & Blue indeed left the fighters black and blue. But it was called just Blue for the sake of convenience.

I checked my phone and saw that it was nearing seven now. There was a message from my Mom telling me she might not be back tonight because a sensitive case came in and Dad informed me of the flight he was taking to Chicago for a meeting with a client for the case he was currently working on.

I rolled my shoulders and moved my free arm back and forth as I read over again.

I really wondered how many sick people there were in a town with the population of 3,000 and how many people wanted lawyers as well. But as it was, my parents were quite busy and known for their respective talents in their fields.

Unlike average little me.

I was proud of them. Really. But thinking of how these talents of theirs couldn't be used in what I'd planned....what I'd tried to do...and how I lied to them....

That sucked. 

I took a minute to clear my head and then sent a heart emoji back to both of their texts.

I'd be alone at home tonight. It would be nice. Eerie. Depends on how you perceive it.

Or not. Considering I had a noisy neighbor.

Did Derek even come back or he went off for some goofing with the guys? 

Eh, who cares.

I better head back though.

As I gathered my belongings, pushing my clean spare clothes I'd brought with me into my locker, I was grateful for having my own soundproof training room.

There were only five of these at Blue. 

One was mine, one was The Leopard's, one was Diego's and the other two were mostly empty but used whenever the times called for it.

Another thing I loved was how I didn't know who the badaas girl with the Leopard as her alias was. She kept her secrets and I kept mine. And we really took out our aggression on each other which is why we both had our fights on Fridays.

It gave us some recuperating time over the weekend because we landed good blows on one another. Man, I enjoyed it though sometimes.

Shaking my head and sighing loudly, I left my temporary sanctuary.

Let's get back to the world housing Looney Tunes.

•♤•

By the time I was settled back inside my room with a cup of coffee and the second book in Throne of Glass Series - Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas - in my hands, I was having a blissful time.

I glanced towards my curtains again, drawn slightly so as to give me a view of Derek's room. 

He still wasn't back and it was over eight.

I smiled faintly.

I was sure he was having a gala time with Warren and the others. They probably have a gathering for the Soccer team too. Who knows?

I breathed in and got my attention back on my book, enjoying the world Sarah J Maas so expertly weaved. Things are trouble when the heart gets involved.

For Celeana Sardothein - the assassin protagonist  - her wavering heart and love interests brought trouble but vengeance drove her and the finality of her choice in her man though, that was true love.

I related with her.

Perhaps that's why it was my favorite series.

Oh, who am I kidding.

I'd keep Derek at arm's length. He was no different than Warren. And I was not interested in more complications. Not at all.

Still, a sliver of my heart already missed his annoying presence and jabs. And this is what Wattpad has taught me. Once you start to feel like this, it's time you start to put up walls.

Unless you're willing to sacrifice a whole lot for a few moments of nothing certified but only a stupid psychological state.

And obviously, Wattpad is a great teacher because like I said - I've lived through at least a thousand fictional relationships. And it's as good as it'll ever get for me or I'll allow it to be.

But I should've known it's never that easy.

Not even for Wattpad characters.

•♤•

A/N

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

What are your opinions on Diego and his secrets? Or Lila's secrets? And the fighting gym that is Black and Blue? Do you support Lila's inner monologue about Wattpad and Sarah J Maas and her own life in comparison? The song choices and lyrics? Lol.

Look out for the next update then and please don't forget to vote and comment to let me know what you thought! Thanks for your support so far and do share and recommend the book to any of your friends you think might like it!

Till next time then!

[Fully Edited.]

~Skyler

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 122K 68
🥇 Highest Rankings: #1 Action #1 Chicklit #1 Mystery #1 Teen Fiction #1 Thriller 2018 Watty's Long List 🥀 Trigger Warning/Sexual Assault ⚠️Mature...
26.9K 1.4K 41
*Featured on Wattpad Teen fiction* For the record, Cameron "Cam" St. James got arrested for a dumb prank. Off the record, it was far from a joke. It...
96.3K 3.3K 91
*COMPLETED* "I want to wear this on that day, I kill my nemesis. I want to put it on to hide and shadow my face. I want to reveal the strong woman I...
1.6M 64K 81
What happens when The Mafia King gets a weird text one night from a girl who is hell bent on making him hers? She is a badass who wins each and ever...