Broken Promises

By em1s0n

-Emison Duh! -Based off the AU I have done on Instagram. -Emily is Intersex (if that's not your thing, don'... More

List of Characters.
A Little Warning.
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8.
9
10
11.
12.
13.
14
15
16
17
18
19
20(2)
20(3)
21
22.
23.(1)
23 (2)

20(1)

866 24 20
By em1s0n

"We should... "

"Oooo how about..."

"Em?" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Aria. "Are you alright? You've been quiet for awhile now and just staring in space." I looked at my three friends as they stared at me with concern written all over their faces.

"Sorry guys, I just have alot on my mind." I said as I ran my hand down my face.

"Changed your mind about going to see Ali?" Spencer asked before taking a sip of her coffee. I shook my head.

" There's no way I'm backing out of that. I'm more nervous about the baby."

"Why?" Hanna asked as she opened the refrigerator.

" Because Ali has had months to prepare for the baby. I just found out last week. I don't know the first thing about taking care of a baby. The only way I know how to change a diaper is from my cousin when she had her kid. I mean how ..."

"Em, take a breath." Spencer said as she reached over and grabbed my hand. I took a deep breath and blew it out. "It's okay to be afraid. I bet Ali is still afraid even though she's had more time to accept things. At this point, the only thing that matters is that you will be there. The rest will come to you and you also have your parents to help." I thought about it for a minute before nodding my head.

"You're right." She smiled.

"I know." I rolled my eyes at her.

"Where are we going for breakfast?" I asked as I finished my smoothie.

" I wanted to go to The Grille." Hanna said

" And we wanted to try out the new diner."

" Oooo yeah. A few people said the food was great there. Let's go there and we can go to the grille for lunch."

"Sounds like a plan. Are you all packed to leave in the morning?"

" Yup. My bags have been packed for a couple of days."

" We're meeting at the airport at eight right?" I nodded my head. Spencer pulled her phone out and set a reminder. "Alright, let's go." I grabbed my keys and wallet and we all walked out of the house.

Later at the Mall.

I walked around Footlocker while I waited for the employee to find my size in the shoes I picked out. I stopped when I saw the infant sets and the socks to go with it. I reached for one but quickly put my hand down and shook my head.

"It's okay to get the baby something." I looked at Hanna as she smiled at me.

"I would but I don't even know what she's having."

"So pick neutral colors." She said before taking one down. "Like this... it's red and white. They also have red and black and blue can go for any gender also. If you want to buy something for your baby, buy it. " She said as she placed the two packs in my hand. I grabbed a few more before I walked over to the counter to pay. I decided to go to a few more stores for the baby while I was there before we left. After we left the mall, Aria wanted to go get another camera so we ended up spending two hours there. When we finally got out of there I was starving.

"Let's hurry up and get dinner because I have to pack the things I got for the baby and make sure I'm not forgetting anything."

"Em, you checked your bags three times. At this point the only thing you're forgetting is your mind." I scowled at Hanna and she laughed a little before getting into the car.

___________

"So Em, how's it going with Ali? I hear you two are finally talking again." Spencer asked. I smiled and nodded my head.

"It's good. We basically talked almost everything out."

"Does she know that you're coming there?" Aria asked and I quickly shook my head.

"No." Before I could say anything else my phone beeped.

My Heart 🤍- Hey baby. I smiled and texted back.

Hey you. What are you doing?

Just got out of the shower. Hbu?

Having dinner with the girls.

Oh okay. I just texted to say I love you.

I love you too.

And I'm sorry.

I told you it's okay baby. I forgive you for dumping me.

Not that. I mean I am sorry for dumping you when I should've just talked to you but for something else. I just... I just don't want you to hate me.

Why would I hate you?

We can talk tomorrow. Enjoy your dinner with the girls.

Ali, are you okay?

Yeah I'm fine. Just tired so I want to go to sleep.

Okay. Text me when you wake up. I love you.

I love you too.

I reread the messages and shook my head.

"Everything alright Em?" Hanna asked.

"Yeah just a weird text from Ali."

"What did she say?" Spencer asked and I started to go through the entire conversation.

"She feels guilty for keeping the pregnancy from you."

"Then why don't she just tell me?"

"Because she's scared. That's what it meant when she said she didn't want you to hate her." I held my head back and groaned.

"I'm so happy I'm going there tomorrow. So we can talk about everything."

We stayed there for about thirty more minutes before leaving. When I got home, I put the baby's clothes in my duffel bag before taking a shower. When I walked into my room I grabbed my phone off of my bed and texted Ali.

I love you always and forever baby. We can get through anything together and I would never hate you. Sleep well love.

I plugged my phone into the charger before watching YouTube. Eventually I fell asleep.

The Next Morning

"Em...Emmy?" I slowly opened my eyes and saw my mom standing over me with her hand on my shoulder. I blinked a few times.

"Yeah mom?" She smiled at me.

"You have to get up now if you're gonna make it to the airport in time. I made breakfast, so get dressed and come down and eat." I nodded my head as I stretched a little. She walked out of my bedroom, closing the door behind her. I got out of bed and got dressed before making sure I had everything I needed and walking out of my bedroom. Once downstairs, I set my bags by the front door and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a coffee cup from the cabinet and poured myself a cup of coffee. As I took a sip I noticed my mom staring at me from the corner of my eye.

"Okay Mom, why are you just standing there, staring at me?" She didn't say anything. She just walked up to me and pulled me into a hug. When she pulled back she kissed my forehead.

"Your dad and I love you so much and am so proud of you." She stopped for a second as a tear fell from her eyes. "I'm going to miss you so much." I pulled her to me in a bone crushing hug.

"I'm going to miss you too Mom but I'm not gonna be gone long. Just until it's safe for the baby to travel."

"You're still flying us out there in a week right?" She asked and I nodded my head at her.

"Yup, you have to be there for when the baby is born. I already purchased the tickets. They're on your dresser" She quietly whispered Okay before we sat at the kitchen table. "Where's dad?" I asked as I ate a piece of bacon.

"He's getting dressed. I tried to tell him to shower last night but he insisted that he had time to do it this morning before he took you to the airport. I know you rather have your friends take you but we just want to spend a little more time with you before you leave."

"Mom, you making it seem like I'm leaving for forever."

"No, but this is the first time you'll be this far away from us." I looked at my dad as he walked into the kitchen. He walked over to the counter and filled his mug up with coffee before sitting at the table.

"I'll be fine Dad." He looked at me as he took a sip of his coffee.

"Then why do you look like you're worried about something?" I rocked back and forth before playing with my fingers.

"Mom, Dad...Can I tell y'all something?"

"You can tell us anything sweetie. What's bothering you?" I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down.

"I'm scared that I'll mess up with the baby and Ali will hate me for it. I didn't have time to learn anything." My mother's gaze softened as my dad got up from his chair and hugged me before holding my face between his hands.

"Oh Emmy, the way you're feeling is completely normal. I know that feeling all too well because I felt it when your mother told me that she was pregnant with you. But I will tell you that all of that fear that you're having right now will disappear the moment you hold your baby in your arms. The only thing that will go through your mind is that you're going to protect your child with everything you got." I blinked my tears away.

"Thanks Dad." He smiled and kissed my forehead. I noticed my mom wiping tears away before she cleared her throat. She looked at the clock on the wall.

"It's time to go." I got up and we all walked out of the kitchen. My dad grabbed my bags off of the floor.

"I thought you only had one bag?"

"I did but I went to the mall yesterday and saw alot of cute things for the baby and I went a little crazy." He smiled and shook his head before walking out of the house. My mom put her hand on my shoulder for a second or two before walking out. I made sure the door was locked before I closed it behind me.

At The Airport

I took one of my earbuds out when Hanna sat next to me.

"What's up Han?"

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Do what?''

"Go to Cali." I looked at her for a few seconds before answering.

"I need to do this Han. I need to be there for Ali and our baby. She needs me there, even if she didn't tell me about the baby. I..."

Attention, flight 345 to California is now boarding.

"I'm gonna miss you." Hanna said as she pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms tightly around her and told her that I was going to miss her too. I didn't have a chance to take a breath before Spencer and Aria hugged me. I walked over to my parents and smiled at them before hugging them.

"I'll be back before you know it Mom." I told her as I watched her wipe her tears away.

"You better." I kissed her cheek before my dad patted my shoulder. As I walked through the passenger boarding bridge, I started to feel nervous but I swallowed that feeling down. Once I was seated on the plane, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and scrolled through pictures of Ali and I and smiled. I can't wait to see you. I started my music and just looked out of the window.

Ali's POV

I woke up when I felt Isabel kick. I blinked a few times to get used to the light that was shining through the windows. Isabel kicked again and I smiled and rubbed my stomach pressing down a little where I felt the kick.

"Good morning to you too Isabel." I stretched a little before getting out of bed and making it before I went into the bathroom and showered.

30 minutes later

I turned off the shower before stepping out and wrapping a towel around me. I wiped the mirror and brushed my hair before going walking into my room and getting dressed into a pair of sweats and a Nirvana T-shirt. I grabbed my phone off of the nightstand to see if I got any texts from Emily.

My Heart 💗- I love you always and forever baby. We can get through anything together and I would never hate you. Sleep well love. My hand instantly went to my stomach.

I can't keep this from her anymore.

"I'ma tell your mama today Isabel. I shouldn't have kept you away from her this long anyways." I texted Emily back telling her that I love her and to text me when she gets out of school. I combed my hair into a ponytail before walking out of my room. I slowly made my way downstairs and looked in the living room before walking into the kitchen. There I found my mom looking in the cabinets.

"Hey mom, what are you doing?" I asked while I looked in the refrigerator.

"Getting things ready for the barbecue later. How are you feeling?"

"My lower back is killing me." I said as I searched for my smoothie.

"Well that's normal in some pregnancies. Especially since you're so close to your due date. Would you like it if I rub your back after I'm finished with this?" I nodded my head while smiling.

"Yes I would love that." I said before sitting down at the counter. "Mom, where's my smoothie?"

"I didn't make it. I have some turkey bacon in the oven and I'll make you a bagel to go with it."

"But I don't want..."

"You're going to eat it. You need to have some real food."

"But fruit is real."

"You know what I mean." She said as she placed my vitamins in front of me and a glass of orange juice. Then she got started on preparing a salad. A few minutes passed by before I decided to tell mom l what I've been thinking about.

"I'm ready to tell Emily about Isabel." My mom stopped chopping the vegetables and looked at me. A small smile formed on her face before she started putting the vegetables in a bowl.

"That's good. Even though I think she should've known about her sooner." I held my head down.

"I know. I was just scared to tell her but that's really no excuse for keeping this from her." Things were quiet and then I felt her hand on top of mine. I looked up at her.

"Emily is so in love with you. I see it with how she treats you and how she looks at you. She's not going to be mad because of this." I smiled a small smile at her.

"I know that now. I'm just waiting on her to get out of school for the day. You think she will have enough time to get here before Isabel is born?" I asked as I rubbed my hand down my stomach.

"It's possible." She put a plate with turkey bacon and a bagel on my plate then another small plate full of cut up fruit. I smiled at her.

"Thanks mom."

"Just making sure my granddaughter gets her nutrients." I sucked my teeth before eating.

I heard footsteps behind and turned around and saw Jason. His hair was all over his head and looked like he just woke up five minutes ago or something.

"Good morning y'all. " He said before rubbing my stomach. Something he's done since it started growing.

"Hey!" I yelled out when he took bacon off of my plate.

"Oh shut up. No one says anything when you steal my fries. Besides you don't really eat this." He said before eating it.

"Jason, don't touch your sister's food."

"Mom, you know turkey bacon is not her favorite pregnancy food anyways. She probably just wants a smoothie." I nodded my head as I ate my fruit.

"Why are you up so early? Normally you'll wake up around noon." My mom asked Jason. I looked at the clock and saw it was ten thirty in the morning.

"Umm, someone texted me and woke me up." Before he could reach for my bacon again Mom put a plate of the same stuff I had in front of him.

"I can't eat anymore mom." I said as I pushed my plate away from me.

"Okay sweetie." Jason ate the rest that was on his plate and finished mine.

"Just let take a shower and I'll be ready to take you to the stores." He said as he got up from his seat. I went into the living room, grabbed the remote off of the table and sat on the couch. I don't remember falling asleep but I jumped up when Jason shook my shoulder.

"Hey do you still want to go or do you want to just rest for the day?"

"I'm going. It's the last thing I need to get for her." He nodded his head and held out his hands to me. I smiled and grabbed them and he helped me get up from the couch.

"Mom, we're leaving!" He yelled out as we were almost out the front door.

"Okay, be careful."

"I think she is saying that because of Isabel and not us." I whispered to Jason as he closed the front door. He started laughing.

"So what are we going to get today?"

"Don't act like I shop everyday."

"But you do." He laughed. "Every little cute thing you see, you just have to get it for Isabel."

"So, I just want to make sure she has everything she needs."

"She has everything. Well almost..."

"What do you mean by almost?"

"Emily should be here." I nodded my head.

"I know. I should've told her sooner but I'm telling her today after she gets home from school."

"Have you two talked today?" I shook my head.

"No. I woke up to a text that she had sent last night."

"Oh." He said before he turned plugged in his aux cord and we just listened to music for the rest of the ride.

One hour later

"I can't believe you brought another car seat." My mom said as Jason put the box on the floor.

"She needed another one mom. That way one can just stay in the stroller and the other could stay in the car."

"Let me guess, I have to put this shit up?" Jason asked as he pointed to the MamaRoo.

"Hey! Language!" My mom scolded him as she hit his shoulder.

"Sorry mom. Do I have too Ali?" I shrugged my shoulders as I looked at him.

"I don't have anyone else that would." Just as he was about to say something his phone beeped. He pulled it out of his pocket and he smiled when he saw the text. He quickly texted the person back before putting the phone back into his pocket.

"Well I'll put it up later." He said before he walked into the living room.

"What are you doing?" I asked him as he sat down on the couch.

"What does it look like? I'm about to watch a movie. " He said as he pressed a few buttons on the remote. I sighed and sat down next to him.

Thirty minutes later

I was starting to fall asleep when there was a knock on the door.

"You should get that." Jason said as he looked at his phone.

"Why?"

"Well I brought something for the baby." I smiled.

"Awe you did? What is it?"

"That you have to see for yourself, but it's something she needed." I looked at him, thinking what could he mean.

"Go get the door." I got up from the couch and walked to the front door. When I opened it, my breath stopped in my throat.

"Emily?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

302K 6.7K 51
A badass brunette with a bad past named Emily Fields and an outgoing popular blonde named Alison DiLaurentis. Could the badass have a soft side for t...
157K 3.9K 46
An emison (AU) story, Alison and Emily are both models but what happens when they meet at a photo shoot one day?
49.9K 1K 115
Emily Fields is a badass always stick up for everyone keep them safe every single day! But she in love with beauty blonde name Alison Dilaurentis (ch...
59K 916 24
An emison story filled with love, mistakes, and love [emily is intersex btw]