She's Not Afraid (One Directi...

By DevilInAngelsClothes

Ember is your average person, happy and bubbly always ready to take anything on. One day her best friend Clai... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven *Mature*
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Four

210 7 2
By DevilInAngelsClothes

The last four weeks had flown by so fast with recording the album, how we were able to get it done as quickly as we did was amazing. Today we were having a photo shoot for the album done then we had some sort of press stuff to do this afternoon. I rubbed the small, hardened, dry rocks of sleep that remained in my eyes, away. I was outside sitting on the ground waiting for the guys to get dressed for the shoot, I sat there in a pair of black skinny jeans with a purple and black striped top and boots, which were currently sitting on the floor next to me. I pulled my legs up against my body, resting my head on my knees and closed my eyes.

Most of the fans had taken the news well to having not just a 6th member but one that was female, some seemed to have mixed feelings while others didn't like it. As I kept my head resting on my knees I heard someone walk up and sit next to me as I yawned.

"Ready to give up, because you're starting to look like you already have." I looked at Louis through half-opened eyelids. I ran through what he had said a few times in my head until it had clicked on what was said, lazily I picked my head up and tried to glare at him, only to fail at it in the process.

"You know Louis if I had the energy to get up and punch you or something, I'd do it. But until then can you just do me a favour and fuck off?" I let my head thump onto my knees as he mumbled something while walking away. I closed my eyes again and before I knew it I had dozed off.

I woke up to arms wrapped around me and my head leaning against someone's chest while fingers were moving some of my hair out of my face, the warmth of their body heat causing me to try and curl up closer to them. I opened my eyes to see a chest tattoo. I picked my hand up and ran a finger across the tattooed letters, as I did that I heard a sudden, sharp intake of breath before I found myself standing and a stiff-backed Louis walking away. I turned around and saw Harry, Liam, Niall and Zayn standing there, semi-unsure looks plastered across their faces.

"So, who's going to tell me what happened?" The four of them shrugged while looking around before all walking off. I shook my head as I went to go sit on one of the chairs nearby. I put on the boots that were to go with the outfit, the heel was only 2 inches high and they were so much easier to walk in, which I was thankful for. After everyone was ready we were all called over, ready to start having the photos taken. I guess the rest of the group could pick up on the tension between Louis and I as we were kept at opposite ends, with the four other guys between us for the rest of the group shoot.

The solo photos were a lot easier and went by extremely fast before we all had to get changed to head off to one of the radio stations to do a promo interview for the 5th album. I stood in one of the rooms getting changed. As I started putting on the skirt that I arrived in, I heard the door open. I spun around to see who it was and saw Louis, I followed his eyes as they travelled up and down my body.

"Not a very original sort of tattoo now is it." He gave me a half smile before turning around and closing the door behind him. I quickly finished putting my skirt on before rushing to the door, opening it and calling out to him.

"DID I ASK FOR YOUR OPINION LOUIS? NO, I DIDN'T!" I slammed the door before looking at myself in the mirror and mumbled under my breath.

"Arrogant asshole." I put my shirt and shoes on before I went back out and tried to find the guys before we all had to leave for the radio station.

We were all split into groups of two. Harry and Zayn were sent off in one car, Louis and Niall in another and I was sent with Liam. I was thankful that I hadn't been placed with Louis as I got in and put the seatbelt on before watching Liam get in and do the same.

"What's going on between you and Louis? I mean he was sitting on the chair with you pretty much curled up in his lap, asleep." I shrugged, not knowing how else to answer because I honestly didn't know how to begin answering his question let alone know what had fully happened myself.

"I don't even know Liam, I mean he was so nice at first during rehearsal until I got into the heels, then it's like his whole demeanour changed. I didn't even realize it was Louis who was holding me until he was walking away." I sighed softly and looked down at my fingers as Liam and I sat in silence for the rest of the trip. Somewhere during the journey started tapping my fingers on my jeans. This interview was another first, the last two weeks have been full of them. I saw Liam look out the window before he spoke.

"You'll do good, you got this. Be prepared though, looks like there are a lot of fans waiting outside. You're going to have to be prepared all the time now. If there aren't too many fans we'll stop and take pictures with them, but it looks like there might be too many." I looked out my window and saw fans on the footpath across from the radio station. We both heard the driver talk.

"We have to go around the back." He kept driving past the screaming fans, even with the windows up they were still quite loud. When the car got around to the back of the building we got out of the vehicle and were quickly taken inside before any fans could get around to stop us. I followed the boys to where we were being taken for the interview. As I got into the room I noticed there had only been five stool-like chairs and the boys had all grabbed one.

I slowly walked in and stood next to Niall and put the headset on, letting it cover only one ear as the interview started, Niall looked up at me before motioning for me to sit on his lap. I shook my head no before he pulled me onto his lap. I sat almost completely silent most of the interview answering a few questions here and there until I had a question directed specifically for me.

"Now Ember, some fans have been wanting to know more about you and some have been wanting us to ask you if you're dating Harry because of photos that appeared a few weeks ago." I tensed up almost instantly, the one question I'd been hoping to avoid. I suddenly felt one of Niall's thumbs run over my right arm, no more than a centimetre or two above my elbow. I gave a small chuckle before answering.

"Well I'm actually from Australia, my parents moved over here when I was about 13. They recently moved back and left the apartment for me so I could stay and finish my uni studies. I'm currently 21, so I guess that makes me the 'baby' of the group and I'm not dating Harry, those photos were from when we were recording and he decided to try and help me walk in some heels which I am atrocious at walking in." I looked over in Harry's direction while laughing as I said the last part and saw Louis who was standing next to him relax a little when I said I wasn't dating Harry.

The questions quickly returned to normal as there were more questions about the album and if there was any difficulty having a female member now in the group. Towards the end of the interview, I started pulling faces at Niall, causing him to laugh. Before I knew it the interview had finished and everyone was heading out to the vehicles. Niall grabbed my hand before opening the car door.

"We need to hurry before everyone realises we've finished and decides to rush around the back." I got into the car with Niall, putting on my seatbelt as we took off. I was dropped off first, and as I started to climb out he turned to ask me a question.

"Want me to pick you up for drinks tonight?" I shook my head at him, after the last month I wanted to have an early night for a change.

"Not tonight Niall, maybe another time?" I gave him a quick hug before finally getting out of the car. I felt bad but I was exhausted, if I was exhausted now I had no clue how I was going to handle touring but realised I would probably end up getting into a routine once it started. I heard the car take off as I started heading towards the front entrance and going inside the building.

The elevator came surprisingly quickly and took me up to my floor, walking down the hall I grabbed the keys from my bag and opened the door to the apartment. As I placed the keys down on the table at the entrance I saw a note from Claire.

'Going to the gym will see you when I get home. Oh, you may want to put a passcode on your phone now you're around five guys, this came through from your phone earlier." I lifted the note from Claire and saw a photo of Louis holding me while I had been sleeping. I read another note from my best friend that was underneath the picture in big capital letters.

'WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING WITH THESE GUYS? I'd like some of that, where's my share? Claire.' I was too fuzzy-headed to bother texting her or leaving a note on the paper for her. I went to the bathroom and started running a bath.

I had an hour soak in the bath to try and relaxmy muscles, I would have stayed in longer if I hadn't started falling asleep. Igot out, dried off and dressed in a pair of pyjamas. I almost fell on the bed,too tired to eat or bother climbing under the quilt. I hoped the next howeverlong before the tour wouldn't be as tiring as the last month had been. That wasmy last thought before I fell into a deep sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.1K 275 48
I've never done this before don't hate me! This will be One Direction preferences and imagines written by myself unless told otherwise <3
3.2K 63 32
Two bestfriends are now under the custody of One Direction. Will they be happy with their new lives? Will they meet new people? Will they encounter g...
50.1K 561 14
*Disclaimer* I started this in 2012, when I was 13 and Direction obsessed. It is now Jan. of 2017 and I'm almost 18. I'm completely redoing this sto...
694K 17.6K 31
This story is about a girl named Taylor Smile. She has a hidden talent which is singing. She gets kidnapped by one direction. It all started when her...