Warrior, Or Devil? (Attack on...

By RWBYCheesecoffee

A former member of Marley's warrior program is given the ultimate opportunity. More

Running; Surviving
Warhammer Onslaught
Aftermath
Paradis
The Attacking Man
Mikasa
Carla
Eren and Armin
Infinite Garden

Shiganshina

4.3K 203 154
By RWBYCheesecoffee

     The cold soothed my skin as the light winter breeze blew through the area, the leaves of the snowy trees brushing against each other. It felt so good to have a little relief. My body had stopped burning and aching as I felt cold, fluffy flakes gently fall upon my skin as I exhaled.

     I opened my eyes.

     I was laying on a fancy stone bench outside in a beautiful forested valley that was caked in a small but thick layer of snow. Every tree's leaves had snow on it, making the trees and areas look like something you'd only see in a fairy tale story book.

     There was a big cushioned pillow beneath me, separating my body from the cold stone of the bench. There was also a very pretty hand woven quilt covering me up, keeping me warm from the snow. It was so comfortable...like I truly belonged here. I just wanted to cuddle back up under it and sleep some more.

The wind whistled through the trees as more snowflakes touched my skin.

So cold

So relaxing

So soothing

For the first time, I looked to the end of the bench. I saw...her. She sat at the other end of the bench with a book in her hand, reading ever so diligently. One of her hands holding the book, her other hand tucking in the quilt from where I had jostled it eschew in my sleep. I reached one arm out from under the quilt towards her. She gently grabbed my hand, squeezing it lightly. She then closed her book and sat it down on her lap. I started to speak, but she put her petite index finger on my top lip to stop me. She then put that same finger over her mouth, quietly shushing me like an elegant caretaker that wanted a loved one to rest.

     She looked to the distance at something, and I turned my head to follow her gaze. She was looking at the largest snow covered tree in the forest. It was far in the distance, but it was so massive that I could still see it.

It was hard to tell for sure, but through all the snowy branches and trunks in the forest between the large tree and myself; I saw a girl laying at the base of another tree gazing at the massive one.

I looked closer to see that this was the blonde girl from my dreams and visions. She just laid there, watching the massive tree as if though it was her only hope. Once my eyes fully reached her though...just enough to concentrate on her...she turned her head and looked back at me. Those somber violet eyes a stark contrast to all the cold snow around us.

Again...

She tilted her head in curiosity.

I did the same.

I felt a smooth hand pet my head which caused me to break my gaze with the strange blonde girl. I looked to see that it was Lady Tybur; as I had started to call her. Her warm eyes making me feel ever more comfortable. She spoke only one sentence.

     Sleep child, you need all the rest you can get.

     I found myself unable to refuse, despite my questions and curiosity. I rested my head back onto the pillow and snuggled back beneath the tucked quilt which kept me warm from the snow. I began to feel a sleepiness come over me as my eyelids got heavier and heavier. I closed my eyes, the relief of sleep taking over me completely as I drifted off. The Tybur woman still squeezing my hand as I still felt the blonde girl's gaze.

I was in slow but steady movement as I laid down, the cooled rainy breeze blowing gently. I could hear horse hooves clacking against a smooth rock road. The sound of wagon wheels rolling smoothly along the road as the chatter of people in the street going about their daily business rolled through my ears. It was busy yet...tranquil in a way.

I carefully opened my eyes, scared that I was somehow either on another internment transport or already dead. Maybe in some twisted form of afterlife; being carted through a city of souls.

I was met with the feeling of relief when I saw that I was in a carriage. It looked to be the very same carriage that the man named Grisha drove earlier. The golden evening sunlight shined peacefully through the door's window and warmed my skin as it touched me; making the rain retreat as it did. I tried to get up only for my aching bones and muscle to go through a spasm of excruciating pain that almost had me crying out.

Okay...so no sudden or quick movements.

After the pain had calmed down a bit, I slowly stretched. My muscles ached and my skin had never felt more fragile...but I had to know what tranquil yet bustling Haven I was in.

I slowly reached my arms out and grabbed the sill of the open window on the door. I pulled myself up; resting my weight more on the door than on my feet. The sun continued to shine and warm my face as I looked out the window. What I saw was a civilization the likes of which I've never seen anything like before!

     It was a beautiful city that looked more like it was from classical fantasy than reality. The buildings were built of whiterock and thick wooden supports with pretty brick red tiles lining the roofs. Each building had a tall stone chimney that breathed smoke into the orange evening sky. The main roads through the streets were made of flat stone and chiseled stairs on the inclines with some soft dirt paths that lead through the alleyways.

(Credit to Gordon Gahan)

People occupied the streets of the city, going about their daily lives. Shopping at market stands, gathering wood for fires, picking fruits and vegetables from the crops, children playing in the streets, it was all so...surreal. Like this place was somehow familiar to me despite me having never been here.

My vision began to get fuzzy and I could no longer hold myself up. I fell to the carriage floor, having used what little reserved energy I had. I tried to get up, but it was no use. I just laid there on the wooden floor of the carriage, feeling the burn of my muscle tissues flow throughout my body.

On the pleasant side, at least the warm evening sun shined one of it's rays through the door window of the carriage. It warmed my skin and helped to take my mind off the excruciating pain that I had been through the past few days.

As I looked up from the floor, I...

I saw her yet again.

She sat there on the cushioned carriage seat like an elegant lady, one leg crossed over the other as she read her book. I reached towards the pretty woman, but couldn't quite reach her. She took notice though, closing her book and sitting it in her lap. She dressed like a housemaid yet acted like a professional elegant noblewoman. She looked down to the floor to see me; making perfect eye contact.

She had some of the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen. So normally dark yet they gave off an iridescent glow as she looked at me; the radiance of the setting sun giving them a lovely sparkle.

She smiled at me.

She then reached down towards me, tilting my chin up to better see her face. It was strange...I know she's a a vision...a memory. Yet; I actually felt her touch as though she was really here with me...keeping me company in the bumpy carriage as I'm hauled to this man Grisha's home.

This really is some mess you've gotten the both of us into.

(Y/n): I...I know. All I wanted was to survive...to be free from Marley's metal boot.

Yet here you are; exactly where Marley's Warchief wanted you.

(Y/n): I'm not in accursed Liberio anymore though...and that's what matters.

Indeed, yet you so quickly acted to do her bidding.

(Y/n): She freed me though!

Yes she did, and so here we both are now by her...and your actions.

(Y/n): You...disapprove?

Not at all. I just think it's interesting how in order to achieve your freedom; you imposed your will against Marley's to achieve your goal. Your will proved unshakable as you destroyed every last bit of opposition they sent your way.

(Y/n): I felt as though it was either lash out...or continue to be crushed under their boot.

In the same way you crushed me between your jaws?

I stopped...unable to say anything. Unsure of what to say, I was completely taken aback. She was right though...even if the circumstances are different I still unleashed a catastrophic level of death and destruction to escape their grasp.

(Y/n): I...I know it's brutal and savage. But...

I began to feel tears welling up in my eyes; again facing the cold reality of what I've done. Destroying lives both innocent civilian and soldier alike to escape and prolong my own. What's even worse is...I only feel bad for killing her.

I feel nothing but the upmost pride and satisfaction for decimating as many of Marley's forces and supporters as I could. Even destroying their capital had been one of the happiest moments of my life.

Even still though...I felt horrible for what I had done to her. For devouring her life and powers to save my own. Her death still weighed heavy on me. I wanted to embrace her but I still couldn't even move.

But it felt good didn't it? To break free of the chains that imprison you, to destroy all those in your wake that would want to see you burn?

(Y/n): Even though I had to kill you...I won't deny that being able to fight back against Marley was the best joy I had ever felt. Does...

(Y/n): Does that make me a monster?

Perhaps; but we Eldians are fairly monstrous by nature. Our history is not a pleasant one, filled with countless bloodshed and atrocities.

(Y/n): Then what is this feeling I get when in battle? I thought it was just mere adrenaline but there's so much more to it...

That, (Y/n) (L/n), is the Warhammer Ideology.

The Logic that strengthens every wielder of the Warhammer Titan.

The hunger for conquest and victory.

The lust for domination in all facets of existence.

The ability to infinitely adapt to every battle.

Evolve past every opponent to exploit their every weakness, or create a new weakness for them for you to take advantage of.

Unending warfare.

Infinite conquering.

Adrenalizing Victory.

An unstoppable warrior of indestructible prowess.

To impose your will against all that oppose you.

That, (Y/n) (L/n), is the First Warhammer's Ideology.

The carriage slowed to a halt as the beautiful Tybur woman's words flowed through my mind...it was all so much to take in. I was still laying belly down on the floor as the door opened, the man named Grisha calling for someone. I couldn't quite catch the name as even my eyelids closed from the exhaustion, they were now far too heavy for me to keep open.

     Someone walked out to the carriage and immediately gasped. It was a feminine voice that sounded absolutely therapeutic to my aching ears.

     ??????: What happened to him?

     She immediately took my hand, checking to see if I was still alive.

     Grisha: The slavers got to this poor little one's family at one of the other outer districts.

??????: Another one? They grow more and more active with each passing day.

Grisha: Yes; I couldn't just leave him there.

??????: Of course not! He's so malnourished that he might blow over in the wind, have you fed him?!

Grisha: No, I rushed back here as soon as I found him. He was hiding in the ruins of his family home after the slavers either killed or abducted the rest.

??????: We need to get him fed and into a proper bed, quickly.

I felt her put her ear to my chest; I assumed she was checking for a pulse or making sure I was still breathing. As I felt her touch, I couldn't help but to squeeze her hand tightly...not wanting her to leave me.

     ??????: He has a slow but steady heartbeat and his breathing isn't impaired! He smells of blood though...Grisha...

     She paused; I assumed she was looking at him trying to put into words when questioning the man's lie.

     ??????: What aren't you telling me Grisha? It's odd for slavers to leave one so young alive.

     Grisha: As I said, he was hiding so they didn't find him.

     ??????: In the ruins of his house. So the slavers invaded their home, scoured it, abducted or killed his family, destroyed the house, and you both smell like bloodshed. He even has these odd markings around his eyes where you can see muscle tissue sinew.

     Grisha: Minor wounds that will heal in time.

     ??????: Minor wounds with perfect symmetry under and beside just his eyes? Grisha; I won't be upset. Please be honest with me.

     Grisha: Carla, I know you're concerned but please just help me tend to him for now. I'm scared he doesn't have much time left for us to be idling. I have the medical knowledge to help him but what this boy also needs now is a Mother's love. Especially since he'll never see his previous one again.

     His diverting of the subject seemed to work on the woman I now know as Carla. She clearly wasn't convinced, yet for my immediate well being she let it go for now. Carla...A wonderful and warming name. I wish I had the energy to open my eyes to see her. I squeezed her hand harder as she brushed stray hair out of my eyes.

     Carla: Alright, I agree that now helping him is more important. I'll take him in and bathe him so he won't reek of blood, you go explain him to the children.

     Grisha: Thank you Carla, I love you.

     Carla: I love you too.

     She got close to me, so close that I could feel her cool breaths.

     Carla: What's your name, my child?

     I mustered up as much energy as I could and answered her before passing out.

     (Y/n): ...(Y.....(Y/n)...

     Carla: A wonderful and strong name! Well (Y/n)..welcome home.

     The next thing I felt after blacking out for a bit was water. Warm soothing water that rushed over me. I felt as though I was in a tub; my head resting against a bare, well endowed chest. I could feel and hear her relaxing heartbeat as I snuggled into her and she gently washed my hair, rinsing it off afterwards as she began to scrub my back.

     I tried to reach up to her but ended up with my arm giving out; falling and resting my hand on one of her breasts by accident.

    Carla: Aw, I don't even get dinner first?

     I could feel myself blush as I stammered around my mind for an apology.

     (Y/n): I...I.....I—

     Carla: *Chuckles* Relax (Y/n), I'm only joking. Save your energy and rest.

     She held me there against her as I slowly drifted off to sleep. The last thing I felt before fully drifting off into unconsciousness by sleep; was soft clothes being put on me and her tucking me into a very comfortable bed.

     So Carla...are you an Angel?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 102 10
welcome to junior high.
11.8K 445 18
A new transfer student in moon night academy have to learn to control its power before everything is ruined.
6.7K 88 19
Latina sanders is a special girl, with a a tragic past, wishes to train and join the scouts and free humanity from the Titans rein of terror, by stil...
61 0 7
A y/n x Jean fic, although y/n has many more complications in her life, beginning with her relatives and where she grew up.