Amidst Our Hearts

Von escritoraa__

Sakeena Ibrahim Abdulmaleek; Fierce, bold, challenging and brave. Never thought her life will turn out that w... Mehr

Author's note/copyright
Cast | Aesthetics
One.
Two.
Three.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty one.
Twenty two.
Twenty three.
Twenty four.
Twenty five.
Twenty six.
Twenty seven.
Twenty eight.
Twenty nine.
Thirty.
Thirty one.
Aesthetics!
Thirty two.
Thirty three.
Thirty four.
Thirty five.
Thirty six.
Thirty seven.
Thirty eight.
Thirty nine.
Forty.
Forty one.
Forty two.
Forty three.
Forty four.
Forty five.
Forty six.
Forty seven.
Forty eight.
Forty nine.
Fifty.
Fifty one.
Fifty two.
Fifty three.
Fifty four.
Fifty five.
Fifty six.
Fifty seven.
Fifty eight.
Fifty nine.
Sixty.
Sixty one.
Sixty two.
Sixty three.
Sixty four (Part I)
Sixty four (Part II)
Sixty five.
Epilogue
Author's note (Must read)
50k Reads💃 | New Book?

Four.

1K 108 2
Von escritoraa__

Federal capital territory,
Nigeria.

Sakeena...

The rest of the days passed in a blur and today is Saturday.

"Excuse me miss, there's a Khalifa here that claims he's here for you" the guards said through the intercom. Right on cue, Khalifa's call came in.

"Can you please tell your guards to let me into the house" he said with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Even if I tell them to let you in, you'll get lost in this house of mine" I said equally annoyed with his attitude. Not to brag but my father's house is pretty big.

"Are you coming or should I turn around and go back home?"

"I'm coming" I said climbing up the stairs to go to my room. I put on a big brown hijab that covered my entire body, picked my iPad and phone and made my way out.

"Let him in" I told the guards to let him in and a black Camry drove in.

So he even has a car!

"Are you just going to staring at the car or are you gonna take me in? "He said pulling me out of my reverie.

"This way" I said leading the way.

We made way to the garden and sat on the brown Italian chairs that are under the gazebo.

"Let's start shall we?" I said switching on my iPad. "I've made a list of words that I barely knew existed, check them out" I said handing him my iPad.

While looking at my iPad, I used the time to take in his features.

He has a fair skin, not too fair though, just the average type of fair. With orbs with the darkest shade of brown that almost looks like black, a straight pointy nose, pink plump lips that sit perfectly on his face, a sharp jawline and everything just blends with the color of his skin tone.

He's wearing a plain black hoodie with matching sweat pants and I have admit black looks really good on him. I wonder what lays under that hoodie, I'm pretty sure he works out.

"If you're done ogling at me, let's get to business" he said passing me the iPad and showed me the word.

"Okay" I said feeling slightly embarrassed that he caught me checking him out.

He brought out his phone and it's literally the same as mine except mine's red and his own is black.

"Hey we finally have something in common" I said trying to make him talk more.

"What?" he asked raising a perfectly arched brow.

"We have the same phone" I said bring out my phone from my pocket.

"Yay" he said sarcasm dripping from his voice.

"Are you always this quiet?" I asked when I finally got tired of the silence.

"What?"

"How are we supposed to make this partnership thing work if you don't speak".

"I'm just reserved" he answered.

"Okay and just so you know, I'm the parrot of the house and that means with me, you gonna learn how to talk more" I said making myself clear.

"Okay" he said completely ignoring all that I just said. I mean how dare he.

"Oh shit, I'm out of mobile data" he mumbled under his breath thinking that I did not hear him.

"Did you say something?" I asked.

"No"

"Give me your phone" I said with a stern voice.

Seeing the seriousness on my face, he quickly handed it over. Luckily, he gave the phone unlocked.

I entered the wifi and hotspot section and typed the wifi password of our house.

"Here, you can use our WiFi" I said giving him back his phone.

"Thank you" he said.

After two hours of studying words, we were done. I accompanied him to the and went back in the house. I met ya Adam on the front porch as I was about to enter the house.

"Who's that guy?" he asked and from the time of his voice knew that the protective side of him is here.

One thing that I love about my two brothers are: Ya Adam can be protective and Fahad can be overprotective.

"He's actually my senior in school, we have an upcoming competition and we're studying"

"Does Mamie knows?" He said his voice softening.

"Trust me she does" I said as I walk past him into the house.

•••••

"You guys are already done?" Mamie asked as she saw me enter the living room.

"Yeah we're done, I'll just go and freshen up" I said as I climb the stairs to my room.

Ya Allah, the weather in Abuja is unbearable. It's so hot. I switched on the AC in my room using the remote to the highest speed and entered the ensuite to take a shower.

After scrubbing my body with the honey and milk body scrub from Oriflame that Mamie likes buying me, I rinsed my body and wrapped by body in a fluffy black towel.

I sat on the seat of my vanity table and applied my lotions and creams.

I opened my chest of drawers and picked a grey hoodie and sweat pants.

After dressing up, I looked around my room in search of my iWatch. My room is a mess right now. I tidied the room up and put all the things that are out of places in their rightful places.

My room is actually not that big but big enough to contain four to six people with a king sized bed at the left side of the room, two bedside drawers at each side of the bed with lamps on each.

A chest of the drawer beside the door of my closet. The toilet door and the closet door are next to each other.

A study table at the far right end of the room with a book shelf above it. An ottoman in front of the bed with a soft black rug on the floor.

The walls of the right side of my room are painted cream and the walls of the left side are decorated with a cream and black wallpaper.

I plugged my phone and iPad to charge and prayed maghrib. I've already performed ablution after I showered.

I met Mamie, Ya Adam, Amrah and Baba in the living room. Wait, Baba is back?

"Baba is back" I said running to hug my Baba.

"Baba, why didn't you tell me you're going to come back today?" I said pouting.

"I wanted to surprise, well surprise" he said waving his hand in the air.

"I missed you" i said hugging him again.

"Naisa let him go, aren't you too big for this now?" Mamie said smacking my arm.

"Khadija leave my daughter alone" Baba said in my defense.

"Well okay, why don't you allow your dad to freshen up and come down for dinner?"

"Okay" I said taking Baba's trolley to his room.

I came back down and met Ya Adam watching football. I'm seriously not a fan of football.

"Naisa" Ya Adam called.

"Na'am"

"Where's that boyfriend of yours?" He asked inquiring about Imran. Ya Adam and Fahad know about him.

"He's fine, just busy with his final exams" I said.

"Ok good"

"I've said this and I'm still going to say this, if he tries anything stupid, just tell me okay?"

"Sure" I said giving him an assuring smile.

"Mamie said I should call you guys for dinner" Amrah said as she came into the living room.

We all proceeded to the dining table and I sat down beside between Amrah and Ya Adam.

"Naisa" I heard Mamie called my name as I was busy stuffing my face with the chicken Alfredo and basmati rice Mamie made.

"Na'am Mamie".

"I want you to accompany me to a friend's of mine house tomorrow"

"Okay Mamie no problem"

"I also want to go" Amrah said whining.

"No Amrah you have islamiya tomorrow" Mami said with a hint of finality in her voice.

"I'm so tired, I'm going to rest now" baba said pushing his seat back.

"Good night baba, a huta gajiya" I said kissing his cheek.

We all retired to our various rooms as we were all done for the day.

I slept immediately my head touch the pillow and wondered off to la la land.

•••••

Yoo guys wassup!!

Don't forget to hit the yellow star below and also;

Comment

Share

Aiishatou❤️.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

40.9K 5.1K 39
The first time she saw him was at her sisters wedding and she couldn't stop thinking about him. Now she is madly in love with him. But will he love h...
24.3K 4.6K 39
"There's always light at the end of the tunnel, you just have to hold onto even the flimsiest rays of hope." _Aishatuh M Aisha Humaira, an ardent and...
2.6K 344 35
Life in USA was great for Miskiyyah and her family. She and her siblings, Dhikratullah and Dhikrullah(twins) was born over there. Work brought her pa...
22.2K 2.7K 39
Follow the story of Laura who is about to be forced into marriage to a criminal by her father after the death of her mentally ill mother With the hel...