HARLOVSEN - An Avengers Fanfi...

By FaYeMs

When Director Fury seeks reinforcements for his Avengers team, Clint breaks a non-disclosure agreement and de... More

Chapter 1 - Garden Party
Chapter 2 - Betrayal
Chapter 3 - Gangsta Movie
Chapter 4 - Preventing Worse
Chapter 5 - SOS - STARK TOWER - UNHARMED - 5
Chapter 6 - Malice.Gloom.
Chapter 7 - Silver Plate
Chapter 8 - Underestimation
Chapter 9 - Virginia
Chapter 10 - Prison Transfer
Chapter 11 - Destroy The Timeline
Chapter 12 - Investigation 101
Chapter 13 - Infiltrate S.H.I.E.L.D
Chapter 14 - Fraternization
Chapter 15 - Trust Me
Chapter 16 - No More Lies
Chapter 17 - Identification
Chapter 18 - Heal
Chapter 19 - Excellent Question
Chapter 20 - Good Coffee
Chapter 21 - A.L.V.A.R
Chapter 22 - Raw Violence
Chapter 23 - Four Hours
Chapter 25 - Neurotoxine
Chapter 26 - Dying Days
Chapter 27 - Cold War
Chapter 28 - Old Saying
Chapter 29 - A Goldfish
Chapter 30 - Efficiency
Chapter 31 - Don't Cry For Me
Chapter 32 - The Worth Of A Life
NEW STORY - POTION MASTER

Chapter 24 - Rude Question

2.1K 80 21
By FaYeMs

Erik opened a drawer and pulled out a few guns, handing them over to the others. They had no time to lose. Four hours maximum. Then, the Avengers would come to get them.

"What happens to the explosion?" Bucky asked as he pulled over the leather gloves he'd been given. Fenris grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and answered.

"Don't crack your pretty little head over it, Barnes." He looked up. "Just never forget who we are, and what we can do."

"Fenris," Magnus scolded. "Will you let him in peace? For now, he's on our side. And we care for our allies, don't we?" He walked by and patted Bucky's shoulder.

"I'm not sure whether it was a good idea to bring him," Erik said, quirking a brow. "I mean, yes, he's been vaccinated with the serum and has this freaky metal arm, but maybe he should stay here. I don't want to risk this whole plan going down the drain because Barnes here is looking like a little confused school girl on its first day."

Bucky spun around at his words, his face paling. No chance, that he would stay behind while they went searching for Strange. Without thinking further, he lunged forward and grabbed Erik by his throat, smashing him to the ground where he fixated him.

"Easy," Arne sighed, laying an arm onto his shoulder.

"I'm not staying here," Bucky snarled, still clamping Erik's throat.

"Mad crush, huh?" Erik coughed, trying to loosen his grip.

"And there we are. Just like children," Olaf sighed, walking towards Bucky, pulling him away by his collar. Bucky broke free from the grip and proceeded to glare at Erik, who got up.

"No hard feelings, Barnes. I needed to see what you are made of. Because this shit is going to be hard and we need your head clear and ready to fight and defend. Got me?" Erik held out a gun.

"Yes." Bucky took the gun and put it into his holster. He was more than ready to do everything necessary.

〰〰〰

Katta wiped the sweat from her forehead. Her knuckles hurt and blood dropped out of a cut on her arm.

"Again," Loki demanded. Katta groaned. They were in a living room in an apartment somewhere in New York. The furniture around was shattered from the uncountable fights Loki had demanded. One by one, he'd commanded his assassins to fight against Katta to test her skills.

The next was a man, Katta new from Magnus reports. A hitman for the Brooklyn mafia. He was covered in tattoos from head to toe. It weirdly contrasted with the expensive suit he wore.

"No. N-No more," Katta whispered as he came closer. He didn't answer. Instead, he pulled out a gun, pointing it at her. Out of survival instinct, she lunged forward to twist it out of his hands. God, this man was a mountain. He grabbed Katta's wrist and pulled her towards him, putting her in a headlock. She cursed, clawing at his arms, but he didn't budge.

Katta cried out, the effort tearing on her muscles. She was a supersoldier, yes. But this was madness. She didn't know how many more fights she would win before her body gave in - or her mind. Katta cursed. The next step would be easier if she had thought about stretching beforehand. Katta kicked her leg up and threw herself back. Her shoe connected with the man's face, producing a sickening crack. He grunted and fell on his back, Katta with him. She quickly turned around and brought him to the ground, his hand on his back.

"Tap out!" Katta yelled. He didn't. "Shit, I'm gonna break your goddam arm," she threatened, bending it even more.

"Fine." Loki stood up from his chair and waved off. The man tapped out and Katta stumbled back, landing on the ground, panting. He got up and moved back into the corner he was standing before.

Loki bent over her, smirking down. "Impressive." He let his eyes wander through the room. In the last hour, Katta had managed to win every fight. At least ten men and women stood around, heavily bruised and bleeding. One had even lost a few teeth.

"Almost like a valkyrie." His greenish armour shimmered as the sunrays etched back from the metal. Katta glared up at him. One question was gnawing on her since he brought her here.

"Why am I not under mind control?" she asked, slowly getting up. Her muscles hurt and something seemed wrong with her left shoulder. It was probably strained and healed within the next minutes. Loki came closer until he stood directly in front of her. He raised his hand and wiped over her eyebrow. Katta was tempted to inch away, but she knew better than to move.

"The cut is healed," he uttered, not answering her question. He again wiped over her eyebrow, smearing the blood that had seeped out of the cut, she'd received in her first fight. By now, the wound had closed again.

"I never knew earthlings possessed such kind of sorcery," he muttered, observing her. Katta mirrored his look, annoyed. "Take a picture. It will last longer," she snarled.

First, she thought, Loki would start yelling at her, but he simply grinned. A malicious grin. Katta felt a shiver run down her spine.

"I like that bite," he mused. "You're a warrior. And what a nice specimen to look at. I think I'm going to keep you after I got the stone. Now, get some rest. I need you to prepare for the handover. My friends here will make sure that you feel just like at home." He motioned towards the others in the room, who glared at Katta with an indifferent look. God, this was some creepy shit. Katta could only hope that the others wouldn't get the stone. As soon as Loki decided to put her under his mind control, she no longer could guarantee for her actions.

〰〰〰

Sam flew over the location where F.R.I.D.A.Y had spotted Lokis radiation. It was a small doughnut shop in Queens.

"So where is he?" he asked.

Natasha exited the store and shook her head, giving thumbs down. "I don't see anything suspicious."

They assembled back at the cars. "Shit, do you think he tricked us?" Clint asked, looking around. Bruce shook his head.

"I rather think there was an error in the computer system. From time to time, there can be similar radiations from laboratories that confuse the instruments."

Clint sent Natasha a look, who had her lips pressed together. What a mess. Instead of actually making progress, they had wasted precious time.

"Oh god, Erik will get mad," she exhaled, pushing a strand of her red hair behind her ear.

"What is it between you and him anyway?" Bruce asked, annoyed. Tony raised his hand and acted as if he held up a measuring device, making beeping noises as he came closer to Banner. "Oh-oh, I detect jealousy." He winked.

Bruce quirked an eyebrow but remained silent. Thor shook his head, his shoulders slumped. "My brother is such a - how you call it, Stark - a dirk?"

"Dork," Tony corrected him, nervously glancing at his watch. They weren't even close to the four hours he'd promised to Fenris. Steve sighed, clapping his hands together.

"We head back to the office, seeing if we can get another hint," Steve motioned towards the car, letting his head circle. "Hey Bucky, have you found anything?" he asked into the earpiece, waiting for an answer. But none came. "Buck, answer me. Have you found anything?" he repeated, frowning at Tony, who muttered under his breath.

"What is this, Stark? A problem with your intercoms?" Steve asked, tapping against his ear.

Tony cleared his throat, speaking into his Helmet. "F.R.I.D.A.Y, check the system for errors."

"It seemed like my programme was hacked, Mister Stark. Would you like me to restart?" the AI's voice answered.

"Yes," Tony answered quietly, scrunching his nose.

"Impossible, the only one who ever hacked your system was this Harlovsen, and he is clearly on our side now," Sam stated, shaking his head.

"Is he, though? I don't see any Harlovsen right here," Steve contradicted. His face was reddening by the second.

"Oh no, no, no, no," Bruce murmured. He'd fished a laptop from the car. "The connection to their car isn't active."

"The explosion, I should have known." Natasha buried her face in her hands and exhaled before being interrupted by Thor.

"So how do we find them. It is impossible to search for both Loki and the siblings of the north at the same time."

"I might or might not have built a chip into Barnes's arm," Tony murmured, looking onto his feet. He didn't like it but he needed to offer ideas in order to remain unsuspected of anything.

"That is like the worst violation of trust I've ever heard of," Clint shook his head, breathing in profoundly. He'd suspected it. The Harlovsens would do anything to get Katta back. God, even he had thought about it.

"Trust doesn't lead you to the Harlovsens now, does it?" Tony countered, pushing the sunglasses higher onto his nose. "So let's head back to think about what we're doing. Director Fury probably has a plan."

〰〰〰

"This is a Sushi shop," Bucky stated as the Harlovsens one by one entered the restaurant that was filled with chatting and eating people. Koi-fishes swam in little aquariums, and sushi makers noisily talked to each other while preparing food for the guests.

"Nice observation." Erik chuckled before walking over to the counter.

"You think that Strange is here?" Bucky asked Fenris, who dragged him further into the shop.

"No, but somebody who knows where he is," he answered. "Come on," Fenris urged, walking over to a table. They sat down and watched Erik talking to the waitress before taking a seat at another table besides Arne. Magnus and Olaf had agreed to stay outside the building to survey their surrounding.

A plate with different sorts of sushi was placed in front of Fenris and Bucky. "Arigato Gozaimasu," Fenris nodded, dismissing the waiter.

"You speak Chinese?" Bucky asked.

"Japanese," Fenris corrected him, looking over to Arne and Erik, who just got joined by an old looking and very wrinkly woman, wearing a traditional kimono.

"Arne's contact," he explained, taking a sip of his green tea. "I should have known. When there was somebody in New York to know about the appearance of somebody like Strange, it would have been her."

"And who is she?" Barnes looked at the sushi, frowning. This kind of food had always appeared weird to him. Raw fish and rice wrapped into seaweed.

"Aia Yamashita. A few years ago, Liv worked for her business."

"Katta's sister?"

"Exactly, she must be in Russia at the moment."

They watched Arne and Erik discuss with the woman, casually chatting, nodding or shaking their heads. A few minutes later, the brothers got up and curtly bowed their heads before nodding towards Fenris, who got up as well. Leaving the store, Erik passed Fenris a fortune biscuit. He cracked it open, revealing a piece of paper with an address written on it.

"I said it once; I say it again. This woman has style. How difficult it must be, baking this cookie around the message," Olaf deeply chuckled.

"Alright, get into the car, everybody. We have an address." Fenris started the van, when all of a sudden, something hit the bonnet, sending electrocution through the car. It made a few last noises and then died down.

Arne cursed as, one by one, the Avengers appeared. They surrounded them and raised their weapons, taking aim.

"Lower your weapons and let's talk," Natasha stated, looking at Erik, who aimed at her.

Fenris looked at Stark, who kept a straight face but slightly shrugged as if he tried to apologize.

"Bucky," Steve addressed his friend in the enemy's row. "Come here."

Bucky shook his head, grimacing. "We need to do this, Steve. You know it as well as I do. Loki will never give her back unless we at least look as if we have the stone."

Steve took a step forward but stopped as Bucky raised a gun, pointing at his chest.

"Come on, Bucky. You don't mean it. Just let's go back to the base and talk about it." Steve tilted his head, a pleading look on his face.

"Fact is, we can't give Loki the stone," Clint stated, interrupting their conversation.

"You're one to talk. None of your decisions has been helpful. Beginning with exposing her to them," Erik barked, pointing towards the other Avengers.

"Okay, children, let's calm down and talk," Tony intervened. His suit opened at the front and he stepped out in his designer ensemble. All eyes lingered on him as he took off his sunglasses, stopping between the Harlovsens and Avengers. Magnus stepped forwards as well, lowering his gun and facing Tony.

"We will get the stone. Help us or leave."

"God, Martin–"

"Magnus," Magnus huffed.

"Sure, Marvin. I propose the following deal. You can try to get the stone – Let me finish, Sam – But we meet Loki together and make sure that he'll never touch it."

Magnus looked at Fenris, who shrugged, still aiming at Sam.

"Tony," Natasha spoke up.

"No, Natasha. We owe her. I hate being the moral voice, but you need to admit that we did her wrong. And you, Clint, shouldn't you agree since it was basically you who brought her into trouble? Capsicle, you are world-leading 'taking-dangerous-people-under-your-wing'. Why not Katta?"

"Tony is right," Sam agreed. "For once."

Slow but steady, the Avengers started lowering their weapons, glancing at each other.

"Erik," Natasha softly said. He looked at her, huffed and put the gun back into his holster. He then sighed. "You're the death of me, black widow."

A faint smile hushed over her face as she went forward, offering him her hand. Slowly, Erik went forwards, shortly hesitating before pulling her into a tight hug. Arne groaned and passed Magnus ten dollars, which he, with a smug grin, took.

"I saw that," Erik scolded them, letting go of Natasha.

"We leave," Steve said, turning around.

"Steve," Bucky sighed, but Steve kept walking. Fenris laid a hand on his shoulder, giving it a slight squeeze. "You'll figure things out once we're done, Barnes. Trust me. When you live long enough, you'll eventually know which friendships remain."

Bucky nodded, looking after Steve before he turned around. "Wait, how old are you all?" He'd never thought that Katta and her family were probably older than they seemed.

"What a rude question," Fenris chuckled before turning around. "Let's go, Barnes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 31 10
Maeve Fedorovna; an ungraduated assassin from the Red Room, an accomplice in attempts to kill Tony Stark, the world's most feared virus in the matrix...
637K 17.4K 21
Ever wonder what drove Howard stark against HYDRA? His daughter y/n Stark, owes her life to it. At the age of twenty one y/n disappeared and HYDRA wa...
596K 12.1K 28
Percy Jackson, after the war with Gaea, Percy has decided that he wanted a break from quests and wars. He leaves for the mortal world not wanting to...
1.7K 96 9
-Sequel to HARLOVSEN- The battle was fought and Loki defeated. Reason enough for the Harlovsens to go underground again and cut all ties, firmly conv...