Roller Coaster || Seongjoong...

By skylerwuu

seonghwa had eyes full of stars, yet when they crossed hongjoong's, it was as if he could feel the universe w... More

Just to let you know...
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
Fin(?
Notes from me-hee-heee

11.

179 7 2
By skylerwuu

Seonghwa laughed as his stomach started to hurt, his arm worked as a pillow even when he literally was over one, but he was not uncomfortable at all. In fact, he completely forgot this wasn't his bed or his house in the first place when Hongjoong offered him to lie down as the black haired left his bags on his desk.

It started with the two of them talking during recess about the project they've been working on for a while now, and even though they weren't as close before and during that project, both thought it was already assumed they wouldn't be needing to stay with the other further after classes without the rest of the group needing to have them join the walk back home. But with the excuse of celebrating having submitted their project that day, Hongjoong went the extra mile inviting the brown haired.

"Lunch is on me'' Hongjoong smiled, giggling when the older boy let out an excited sound he didn't really know how to describe, but it definitely got them laughing as they planned on what to order in the new burger place near the school. However, their plan failed when they realized that not only were they starving, but the place was too crowded to even consider waiting.

Hongjoong thought about it for a couple of minutes before offering his house, he noticed something pink on Seonghwa's cheeks when the black haired mentioned his parents were out for the day, he thought it was cute as they walked to his house talking about their cooking skills.

"Not because I don't want to learn'' Hongjoong tried to defend himself while he could hear the braces boy mocking the way the opposite explained how to prepare waffles. "I just suck at it because I need more practice'' He continued, shaking his hand as he spoke.

"Yah, how do you even survive when your parents aren't home?'' The taller asked, half genuinely curious, half joking.

"I just eat ramen if I find the packets'' He shrugged.

"Hongjoong-ah, I might need to start helping you cook from now on every time you're alone'' He said. "I learned how to cook thanks to my sisters because they used to attend cooking classes in their school, and they would use me as their judge'' He laughed at his memories. "With time I got to see the preparation and I kind of like it now!''

Hongjoong smiled, glad for his friend to find cooking as something good and relaxing when he felt he needed to try something made with his own hands. He was about to speak about his group again, almost forgetting an important detail.

"Oh, did you know that the one who also loves cooking is-...'' He stopped himself, smile fading slowly as he remembered and his sense of guilt came back to him. "...Wooyoung...'' He said, almost as if he didn't want to offend the name by just mentioning it.

The opposite noticed and understood immediately. And as Hongjoong opened the door to his house, Seonghwa held onto his friend's shoulder and shyly smiled at him to reassure him.

"I know you apologized with honesty that day, you did your best'' He sighed "And even when they forgave you, now that San put you again on the spotlight unfairly, it really is up to them to come back to you''

Hongjoong felt relief for having his friend supporting him, he never imagined he would be feeling so happy when realizing how close he felt to the last person on his mind, not that he complained. Not at all, because it was still surprising the way Seonghwa's soft glance showed such care after literally spending some of the funniest moments with him. For that, he would always feel guilty about the way they started their relationship, even if the brown haired reassured him a million times already it was okay and the past is the past.

Hongjoong could only smile as he thanked the older, he wanted to express more of his thoughts, but he knew words are only something one can hear and feel, but they don't matter more, or hold the same impact as actions. He knew that because those words were the exact same as Seonghwa's that night after the party when they were planning Hongjoong's apology to the rest of the group.

They moved past the topic a couple minutes ago as they cooked their lunch: A simple noodle soup with what they could find in the fridge. The tall brown haired was in charge of handing the opposite the ingredients and not let him burn the water.

"You know, you could have me some more faith'' The younger joked.

"Nuh huh, you said it with your own words that you need more packets, and you survive with ramen packets'' The boy with braces raised an eyebrow, clearly doubting his friend's words.

"Yah, I was just joking, I can do more than that!''

"Try making bibimbap from scratch or donkatsu, and I'll probably let you be right for once'' He spoke with a deep voice and serious tone, almost scaring the shorter boy with the way he suddenly changed his attitude. Seonghwa couldn't help but giggle, the boy hadn't even realized his joke would get the younger so flustered.

"With the way you treat me, I might just give up and let you cook everything for me'' Hongjoong said with the same energy, rolling his eyes.

And to Seonghwa, that shouldn't have made him let out a sudden giggle as he felt his cheeks redden. "Cute'' He thought, even when it wasn't exactly cute if he was being honest, it was more than that probably, maybe something more like...

"Park Seonghwa, what else do I do?'' Hongjoong asked, this time normally and back to his usual tone as he looked at the pot. He grabbed a wooden spoon and gently blew once the liquid was on it, surprising the opposite when the spoon made his way into his lips. "If anything goes wrong, I want you to suffer the consequences for letting me try cooking'' It clearly was a joke, a joke that got Seonghwa smiling as he kept the eye contact when sipping on the now not that hot liquid.

He kept his mouth closed but his eyes wide open after tasting it.

"That does not give me any hint...''

"Yah! Kim Hongjoong, you can officially live on your own now!'' The brown haired raised his arms in celebration as Hongjoong's smile grew wider while he finally laughed, tilting his head backwards and his whole body almost vibrating with the sound of both their laughs.

And while they knew they probably look ridiculous celebrating the way a 17-year-old boy cooked a normal chicken & noddles soup, they still kept going until lunch was served properly in bowls, and they were finally eating peacefully, talking about what they could later do as both had the rest of the afternoon free.

Just like that, it got them to now, almost an hour and a half later after eating and in Hongjoong's bed, the younger at the end of the bed, almost on the floor as he was distracting himself painting some of his sneakers because he got bored at the design, while the opposite looked at the ceiling, playing with a small plush ball the black haired kept in his bed.

"...and she never told me about Santa Claus...'' The boy in braces mentioned. "So I just assumed the present appeared magically every Christmas for a reason because she still denied that she was the one who bought them and everyone in movies kept talking about the magic of Christmas'' The poor innocence of younger Seonghwa made them laugh.

"My mom never wanted me to believe in him in the first place, she said it discredited God's work for bringing his son to die in the world'' Hongjoong confessed, not complaining, but just explaining his knowledge from a young age that his parents were the ones doing the work.

"I mean...at least she had a valid reason'' The taller shrugged. "As an only child, I want to think you must've been pretty happy getting spoiled?''

Hongjoong chuckled.

"Well...yeah, I was the main focus, but every time I'd get a gift they would remind me to never get too greedy or to stop doing things that make me get myself my own gifts because not doing so would be considered being sloth'' He explained calmly, and while he was grateful his parents taught him how to be humble and respectful and to never stop doing his best in everything, he just thought it was funny because he was just a kid barely learning how to take his snot out of his nose and his parents were already talking about being greedy.

"Oh right, your parents are close to the church'' Seonghwa remembered. "Then how does the perfect son Kim Hongjoong manage to dye his hair and always be sleepy when he should paying attention in class?'' He asked as he crawled to the part of the bed Hongjoong was to touch his black hair, and because the black haired wasn't facing him, the taller didn't notice the opposite's blush at the contact of his soft hand on his head so suddenly.

"I gotta say it's thanks to my dad'' He answered. "He's not as strict as my mom in some aspects, so he kind of convinced her to let me get my way with things to a certain level...they don't know about me sleeping in class though, that's because some of those teachers are boring as fuck'' Both giggled at his comment, not really denying the truth and understandably giving the younger a sense that it was a good argument. "Although, I'll probably try more things once I finish school''

"Hm, really? Like what?'' The brown haired frowned barely.

"I would like to try maybe painting my nails, see how a color that's not from a marker looks on me without ruining them'' Hongjoong didn't notice how he also laid down on the bed, facing Seonghwa who got comfortable in it too a couple seconds ago.

"You should try coming to my house one day then!'' He answered. "One of my sisters can lend us one of their old nail polishes for us to use!''

Hongjoong smiled, excited for Seonghwa's excitement, but sighed as he realized it wouldn't be possible for now.

"My parents will most likely kill me'' He grimaced.

"Well, we can clean it before they see you'' He shrugged "You said you wanted to just see how the color fits on you, right?''

"Well, yeah...I mean, is a good idea then'' He smiled softly, making Seonghwa notice for the first time Hongjoong's gums could be shown a little when he smiled widely. "Have you used nail polish before?''

The brown-haired, who was facing the ceiling, turned his face to the side in order to face the black haired as he chuckled.

"I used to when my sister would get bored at home'' He answered. "Sometimes I wonder if I could use it on my own, but I never really have gotten a chance to actually do it'' He felt his cheeks burn at his own confession.

Footsteps were heard in the hallway suddenly, which got them back to being conscious of their surroundings, realizing they were in quite a position in the bed not really usual for two boys to be in, no matter how innocent it is in real life. Both were in the middle of the bed using their own arms as pillows, facing each other and with a considerable space in the middle of them as Linkin Park's music was heard as the background noise in a sort of low but audible volume.

Nevertheless, in a Christian household like Hongjoong's, it can be a misunderstanding between the boys and whoever the owner of those footsteps is, so by the time the door opened, it was as if time went backwards. Hongjoong at the end of his bed and Seonghwa where the pillows are supposed to be as he played with the small plush ball.

"Oh, ma'!'' Hongjoong greeted, smiling softly.

"Hi, love'' Mrs. Kim smiled, which was a way for the brown haired to notice the resemblance between her and her son.

"...Oh! Mom, this is Seonghwa'' The boy turned around as he presented his friend.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Kim'' He stood up and bowed in respect. Which made the woman giggle and say a happy hello back, still with her kind smile.

"Alright, it would've been great to have a notice before but don't worry, I'll be in room'' She mentioned. "Have you two eaten?'' She asked, receiving nods in return before leaving satisfied, leaving the door open of course.

"Whoa, she scared me for a second'' Hongjoong admitted, touching his chest.

"Yeah, I thought you were gonna use your goalkeeper past training to kick me out of the bed'' Seonghwa joked, making the opposite roll his eyes with the same smile as his mother's on his face.

"Never call me dramatic or exaggerated when you should take the first place'' Hongjoong talked back.

"Yah, have some respect for your elders, you punk!''

"Alright, alright, grandpa, let's get your stuff before your nap time hits'' The shorter sat back on his bed.

They went back to their previous positions, still with the same energy from before and even planning a next hangout soon after Hongjoong convinced the brown-haired haired to stay over for dinner by promising he'd walk him back home.

And on the walk back to his own home after leaving Seonghwa in his house, Hongjoong realized he was looking forward to going to school again, he still felt bad going back when he remembered his friends, but for some reason, something pushed a smile on his face when he gave going back to school a second thought...He would see Seonghwa again. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

445K 13.4K 96
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
53.5K 1.8K 24
[COMPLETED] Jeong Yunho has always hated Song Mingi for his fuckboy nature, and for a second reason. What will Yunho do when he realizes he may just...
188K 8.7K 76
all jung wooyoung ever wanted was to go about life like he always did, and that worked for him; until the top-tier celebrity choi san was in the pict...
65.3K 4.6K 20
Where San's new friend lives on the other side of the forest and likes to drink hot chocolate in hot weather. "I think i just burned my tongue." "And...