The Cousin

By allicats12

"Evans I've never heard of that name before, you must be a mud-blood like Granger! You and your filthy muggle... More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
Not a chapter
27
28
29
30
31
32
33

26

223 9 5
By allicats12

It was Christmas holidays and the ball was drawing nearer. Olivia hadn't done anything to get ready for it as no one had asked her, and the one person who she thought would... well. Olivia had finally gotten a letter back from her parents and brothers. She had sent a few talking about the ball, and Jack before what happened, but she still hadn't told her parents about the breakup.

Olivia was sitting in her bed with a holly-wood shirt that went mid thighs and some black sorts under them. Padding over the the window where she could hear the owls beak pecking, she opened it. Rubbing her eyes at the new brightness, and wiping the free hair from her ponytail out of her face, she took the letter the owl held in its black and tore the envelope. one of the very few sometimes came to her face when she read her parents handwriting.

Hey Liv,

When we read your first letter we were beyond happy to see you were getting along with people. Less happy to see that your grades aren't where they should be, but that's life with you. This jack boy? Is he a good kid, we know that you said he was, but a new relationship and cloud a persons judgment. If the boys hear that he did something to you they might as well be the first muggles to enter Hogwarts.

With your last letters you said something about a ball, so we went to your cousins and got you a dress! I feel like this colour will really bring out your eyes, and entrance your legs. Your father doesn't know that I sent this dress, and I hope he doesn't, but we hope you have fun at this dance.

Can you ask if Harry want to spend some time with us over the summer? I haven't seen him in so long, and I want to see him again. Your brothers are so eager to meet him, and see Dudley again that hey want it to be June already. Remember that we love you and your brothers are wanting to right something.

Xoxo Mom and Dad.

What up dork

It's us your favourite brothers coming to you straight from the kitchen table. We fostered Peter off onto another cow that lost her calf a few months ago, dad didn't want to tell you cause he knew you'd be crushed but you needed to know. Sorry not sorry.

What's this we hear about a boyfriend? We will crush this loser like a bug. We got a new dog while you were gone, his name is duke and he's a black lab. We kind of miss you so make it home quick, we wanna play some football with even teams, not Kevin on offence all the gosh darn time.

Don't love you,
Kevin, Raymond, And Kobe

Olivia laughed reading all of her brothers stupid ways talking. She wanted to write them so bad, but didn't have the heart to set a swat team on Jack. Olivia looked back at where 5e letter came from, and for the first time noticed a box sitting in front of her. She had always hated her mothers sense of style. Olivia didn't have one much herself, but she would much rather wear wrangler and her boots, than the pink and purple shit her mother wanted her to wear.

Olivia wasn't exited when she opened the box, but her face turned to horror when she actually looked inside. Inside of the wrapped box was a pink layered dress that would sit right before mid thigh, that had a white strapless top. The layers were thin and sparkly. She felt like a unicorn had thrown up on a dish cloth. She didn't want to go to the ball, and even more so now that she knew that she wouldn't have a date because of the breakup.

Speaking of the breakup, she had only left her dorm once. That was to go to Cedrics. In all of her 14 years of living, not once did she think that she would get cheated on. She had slept with Hermione most nights, as she couldn't sleep by herself and her nightmares were just getting worse.

The first day after the breakup she stayed in from classes, she was lucky as it was the last day before Christmas break, she had her friends tell the teachers that she was sick. All the leading days till now we're just her moving around gathering food that Hermione had got for her.

There were a few times that Harry would sneak up to the girls dorm just to make sure his cousin was alright. He had see the a letter the day after he heard what happened to Olivia's parents, or his aunt and uncle. They hadn't sent back yet, and he wasn't exited to find out what they were planning. He wasn't used to their family, yes he's a part of it, but he hadn't really ever got to know them.

For all he knew they could be planning a hit and run.

***

Olivia was being her usual self Christmas Eve. She had sent a letter to her parents telling them about Jack and what happened with him and she was dreading a reply back. It was noon when the urgían of the dorm were ripped open by six different people. Olivia was inThe middle of rolling over and trying to fall back asleep when they were, which caused her to fall right off her bed.

She looked up and saw Hermione standing over top of her dressed head to toe in her winter attire. Next she saw Ginny, Ron, Harry, Cedric, and finally Fred. They were all dressed and ready to go, while Olivia sat in the same thing she had been in for days. Hermione grabbed Olivia's hand attempting to pull her up, when she couldn't cause someone was holding on the the leg of her bed, she glared at Olivia.

"Let's go, your coming outside with us. You are looking almost as pale as Cedric, almost like a vampire." Hermione smirked when she heard Cedric gasp behind her. Olivia thought about it for a moment, then got up silently moving to the bathroom.

"Is she coming? Or is she just running away?" Olivia heard Ron's voice behind the door, and she smiled.

***

The teenagers played a big game in the snow. All of them expect Olivia but that didn't stop her from throwing a few at her friend. They had been playing for hours, Olivia almost throwing her arm out from laughing and throwing them as hard as she could at Fred. At one point Fred had gone and picked the girl up, throwing her in the snow.

They were all played out, well Hermione and Ginny were. They decided that they needed to go get ready for the ball, and they needed Olivia's help. Olivia tried to convince them that she would be no help, but it was no use, she was dragged up to the Gryffindor girls dormitories.

***

Olivia sat on her bed watching the girls in her dorm, plus Ginny get ready. Lavender and Parvati were on hair and makeup while Ginny and Hermione were getting ready. All the girls were ready, and there was almost and hour and a half to spare. Olivia glanced up to the clock on her bed side table to make sure she was correct, when she looked back she saw all the girls in the dorm smirking at her.

"What?" Olivia looked at then al, in their bath robes, hair and makeup done. All the girls smirked even more. When Hermione stepped up.

"You haven't left the dorm in a while." She took another step forward. "It could be fun." It was on,y then Olivia knew what they were doing. Her eyes widened and she jumped into a standing position on her bed, holding a pillow in both hands ready to wreck any makeup that came her way.

All of the girls stepped back, not wanting to ruin their hard projects. It was lavender who stepped up next.

"Come on! You've been cooped up in here for days! Live a little!" Olivia looked down and thought about it for a moment. Then with a huff she sat down on her bed leaving the pillow behind.

"Fine." She said as Ginny mumbled,

"Fred's gonna be happy." Olivia didn't quite hear, but it seemed as everyone else did as they giggled while Olivia sat there stunned. All the girls, except Olivia, turned back around muttering about hair and makeup. Olivia's eyes widened even more, they were gonna stab her face with makeup.

As all the girls heads were turned she took it as her widow to run. As soon as she entered the stairs she heard her roommates yelling after her. She ran down the stairs and I to the common room. When she reached the bottom of the stairs she saw Harry and Ron who were looking at her quizzically. She looked at them and screamed.

"They have torcher devices!" The boys looked scared Andean up the stairs  where Olivia came from. The athlete hurdled a couch and jumped behind a chair, where she hoped they couldn't see her. Lavender and Parvati came down the stairs looking side to side to find the Canadian.

Olivia was not sitting on her butt, so she was uncomfortable. When she tried to move her feet she slipped and whacked her head against the brick wall behind her. The two girls heard this and ran over to the chair olivia stood and pointed to the girls holding makeup in front of her.

"Don't come near me with those!" She said in a serious tone. The girls across form her were trying to hold their laughter in, trying their best to stay serious. Olivia was always told, ever since a young age, never back yourself into a corner. Wether it was with cows or people, never do it. Sadly that was exactly what Olivia had done to herself. The two Gryffindors grabbed ahold of the brunettes shoulders and moved the chair leading her up the stairs.

"STRANGER DANGER!" She screamed to no one, "HELP, HELP I NEED A WHISTLE!" Everyone who was in the common room was looking at them. "IS NO ONE GONNA HELP!" When they got to the stairs they decided to try and pick her up. When they succeeded with some surprising power Olivia screamed even more. " R-A-P-E GET YOUR HANDS AWAY FROM ME!" The girls soon got Olivia up the stairs and on a bed. They negotiated with her, let's say the girls were due a trip for HoneyDukes chocolate.

Soon enough the girls were ready for the ball.

Please read
Alright so what happened above with the whole rape thing was just for the story. I don't usually joke about that and in no way do I support it. I have my opinions for the view of it but I in no way support that behaviour. If you were offended by the statement made in the story I'm sorry and I was not going for that, I was trying to put a humor in it. Probably not the smartest thing someone should do but, people do this all the time, I'm only building Olivia. And in no way will she support it either, but she is a very humorous person and she was in a bit of a situation.

if you could vote and comment just so I know people are reading and are enjoying the story. Please tell me you are enjoying it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.8K 2.3K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...
56.3K 1.5K 82
***Not Edited: Read with that in mind*** You practically grew up a Weasley. Living right down the hill with your muggle parents, you were always curi...
732K 25.4K 79
Y/N's laughs echoed through the empty corridors of Hogwarts as she runs hand in hand with Draco. He couldn't help but smile, he's done something he h...
3.8K 119 17
Olivia and Harry Potter's second year at Hogwarts had been one heck of a ride. Learning more about themselves than ever before, and the many up and d...