Searching For Air (Jeraphina)...

By Tekst3

Seraphina arrives from her suspension to find John outside the house. The bloodied figure is enough to spiral... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 11

2.8K 78 37
By Tekst3

(John POV)

Anybody could've said that the city looked beautiful in the limelight, the stars hanging high like a scene out of a movie.

And just like a scene in a movie where the main lead is running for the person they care about, I was running like that.

Shortened breaths hot against my neck, sweat beading across my brow, and my legs burning from excessive running.

There was rain moments ago, but it had vanished, the water long gone.

But there were so many thoughts swimming through my head. Sera was out of breath, I swear to god.

If she's hurt. My fists clench as my shoe stomps through a puddle the mud licking the corner of my leg.

The lights were flickering, lighting the dampened cement highlighting multiple figures in the distant.

I couldn't make out the figures, was it Sera? The head swiveled in my direction, and the familiar magenta hair shone in the night.

I let out another strangled breath as I approached them finishing my run. My hands instinctively dropping to my knees.

But my chest took a blow, as a body collided with me and wrapped me in a tight embrace.

I glanced down at Sera tucked into my chest and I felt my face curl into a small smile.

I saw familiar faces, Blyke sprawled on the ground bleeding and burnt, Remi on her knees pressing her jacket against Blyke's bloody chest.

Isen with his arms crossed and pacing the floor waiting for me to do something.

Naturally, surveying the absolute stupidity before me, I yelled.

"Tell me, what the fucking hell were you guys thinking?"

"You went off to fight who knows what and you have the fucking audacity to call me?"

"You." I glared at Sera in my arms who looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Don't make me get so fucking worried! And all of you need to stay out of trouble and shit."

I averted my gaze to the bleeding Blyke, and slowed my breathing.

"I can't help him." I muttered glancing down at Blyke, and Remi glared at Sera and Isen.

"Don't worry, just give it a moment John." Sera whispered into my chest and I raised an eyebrow.

I took a knee, pushing Sera gently away from my chest and glancing over Blyke.

"I'm here!" A voice in the distance called and I whirled around to see the cyan haired girl jump over.

Elaine. So that's what she meant by giving it a moment, maybe we could save Blyke. But that wound was deep, and I know that Elaine doesn't feel internal wounds well.

She padded over her feet splashing through the puddles and dashing up to us panting, and she surveyed the scene.

"Oh my god! Is he okay?" She asked in a hushed whisper, and I nearly rolled my eyes.

"He's not! Please heal him Elaine!" Remi clung to Elaines shoulder almost immediately, and Elaine nodded with panic in her eyes.

I watched her carefully, waiting for the faint sense of her aura to enter my presence, and watched as she placed her hand towards the wound.

Her eyes flashed, and I immediately drifted the aura to converge with mine, and strengthened it as I raised out my arm.

We both placed our hands over the wound and began to heal Blyke I could feel his insides constrict and his body let out a groan.

He was on the brink of life, I concentrated harder, more sweat forming at the corner of my temple.

I don't know how long me and Elaine were kneeling and healing Blyke, but it felt like hours.

The first sounds were when there was some scuffling behind me, but I ignored it and focused on healing Blyke.

There was some splashes of puddles and the familiar buzz of electricity that meant Remi was now involved with whatever it was.

"Shut up!" I called over my shoulder, and flicked my attention back to the stomach wound.

There was a muffled yell and I tore my gaze from Blyke to whirl behind me and I nearly froze up at the scene.

There was a kid hooded, his arm was wrapped around Remi, and a lady stood next to him with Sera in her arms.

Why couldn't I just catch a break? Why couldn't people just stop messing with the person I cared about?

Why was it so fucking hard?

"We're gonna be taking your friends with us," The fedora lady said eerily calm, "If you try to follow us the girl dies."

I held my ground firmly, noticing the blazing hands at Sera's neck threatening to slit it at any given moment.

"Why do you guys have to barge into my life anyway?" I growled at the lady and she glowered back at me.

"Your friends dabbled in my affairs, so they will pay the correct price for making that choice," She stated deadly calmly, and I glanced between the four.

They messed with this lady? Her aura was easily that of a god-tier, whatever they did to piss her off was why they were getting hurt.

"Hey lady, just return my friends peacefully, we won't ever mess with your business again." I offered, and she glanced around at everyone.

"No." A firm answer, and I cursed at the ground.

"How about, if you beat me in a fight, you can take them, if you can't then I get to take them back." I offered, and I watched her eyes waver.

"But then again, being bitches like you probably can't beat someone like me, kind of sad isn't it." I grinned, trying to make her pissed.

Being annoying happens to be one of my best character traits.

"Don't try to fight her John!" It was Remi who called this out, "This is no place for a cripple like you right now!"

"Cripple?" The lady raised and eyebrow, and slammed her elbow into Sera's skull and I felt my blood boil.

She lit her hand afire and stabbed her in the side and my head exploded.

"FUCK OFF!" I roared, my head screaming her name.

She tossed her lifeless body to the hooded boy, who was seemingly suppressing Remi's ability.

She ignored my strangled yell, and looked me calmly in the eye.

"After I kill you, Ill take your friends, inckuding the orange headed one." She tipped her head to Isen who gave me a tremble.

"After I kick your ass, Ill take my friends back and turn your friend in. Even if the authorities are filled with corruoted scum like you."

She snarled at me and I switched into a battle stance.

I copied the hooded kid's aura for my second ability, he was incredibly strong.

The lady was a god-tier, but this kid had an aura stronger than anything I'd ever seen before.

I readied my fists, trying to take the battle on as I would a cripple.

She lunged, her hands blazing with their fiery cores and I dodged.

She lunged straight after me, taking no breaks and constantly moving.

On her 5th lunge I parried her arm away and activated my ability.

Her eyes widening and her heated hands disappearing told me everyhthing I needed to know.

I smashed the top of her temple and sent her flying at her friend, and I proceeded to dash next to him.

I slammed my elbow into his cheekbone and he sprawled against the ground.

I caught Sera in my arms and I glared at the boy, Remi zipping away.

"Go on and run bastard. But get your filthy hands off of her."

His eyes widened no doubt in the face of my large power amount as he dashed into the distance.

Carrying a beaten lady in a fedora with him.

I glanced at Isen who gave me a apologetic nod and waved a hand at the bloody Blyke.

"We need to get back to Wellston." I growled at him and Elaine.

Elaine was unconscious too, her blood seeping from a wound on the top of her forehead.

"Can you carry Blyke and Elaine?" I glanced wearily at the two and they both gave me affirmed nods.

I sloshed into another kuddy puddle as I trodded up the street further.

I parted Sera's hair gently examining her wounds, blood pooling from her busted lip.

Blood seeping from her nose, trickling down the side of her face.

Bloodied knees and damaged waist, it was really a nightmare.

Why the fuck did they drag you into this!? I resisted the urge to turn back and scream my head off.

I could feel the trickle of some tears form at the corner of my eyes.

Why couldn't you just be ok with me? Why was this world so unfair?

Why did my best friends betray me? Why was I a monster?

Why do I hurt everyone I get involved with?

Why do I lie? Why can't you nod your head and say everythings fine?

"You promised me we would watch a movie tommorrow." I whispered delicately.

There was salty tears traveling down the runway of my cheekbone.

Huff.

Huff.

Panted breathes escaped my lips as I dashed towards Wellston.

Doc could save her, Doc would save her.

FUCK! Why couldn't Elaine just be awake, I just needed her damn ability.

Sera please.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

The gentle heartbeat that was pressed against my chest reverbated telling me she was alive.

It was slow, but it was a reassurance, it was a 'everything is gonna be ok'.

But was it? Cause I'm losing my fucking mind right now.

My legs want to explode, how long have I been running?

I glance behind me and see that Remi, Isen, Blyke, and Elaine are nowhere in sight.

I glance at the flickering lamposts on the quiet street.

I look for a sign to tell me where I am, but no luck.

I lay Sera down on the cold cement and I notice her shiver.

I strip my jacket off and place it over her like a blanket.

Her knocked out body lets put a comforting sigh and I slump against a pole.

My hand still pressed against her wound, it was a sight to behold.

The withered flesh and blood pooling from her sode making me want to gag.

Something that nobody shpuld be able to survive, but Sera could pull through.

She was the strongest person I knew, the strongest.

She couldn't die.

No. Her heart needs to beat, otherwise mine won't function.

I lean over her cold body and I whisper, "Don't die."

Two words that are all I can hope for as I pull out my phone and dial doc.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT!" I hear the voice roar.

"Sera's dying, I'm somewhere near Rocket Street, there's a Martinos on the corner."

"Dying?" I hear a scramble for clothing or something on his end.

"What happened?!" I hear Doc's tired but attentive voice pitch back.

"Some lady stabbed her, she's burnt and bleeding all over, Im pressing the wound."

"I'll be there in 3 minutes, just keep her alive."

"I'm trying." I call back as the phone call ends and I glance down at Sera.

Then she speaks, and I feel my eyes nearly pop out of my socket.

"John?" The groggy voice of Sera, and I nearly cry in relief.

"I'm he-"

Words fail.

I felt the hot touch of her lips pressing against mine and I feel my face flush deep red.

I melt into the kiss, and I nearly sigh in relief that maybe everything will be ok.

I open my eyes gently and pull away with a gasp, her eyes are still closed.

Maybe she's dreaming, my fingees drift towards my mouth.

Fuck it, no time for daydreaming John, keep Sera alive.

I glanced at the deteriorating wound and look down the street constantly.

Come on Doc.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 5.1K 63
What if John hadn't learned from the Readjustment Facility? What if, instead, he felt a need for revenge on all who wronged him. What if, he came ba...
65.4K 2.5K 52
John has once again found himself King. How long will it be before the events of New Bostin repeat? He has already lost Sera, and the students are tu...
6.1K 373 39
A young man with a mystery had been enrolled in a top school. After a life full of pain, and darkness held deeper down, he would have to come to term...
19.2K 606 26
*Read Second Chance first for story to make sense* Utterly defeated, the Royals return to Wellston, shocked and disunited. The loss took its toll on...