You Cannot Cheat Death When I...

By Slyjonee

"Will you guys hear me out?" asked Leviathan. "I've been thinking... If all of us were in a horror movie, in... More

The 'Incomplete' Chapter
After the Scream
The Chandelier
What If He Was a Yandere?
A Step Back

Chaos and A Cat Café

141 7 11
By Slyjonee

A/N: Hey guys this is my first time writing a fanfic! Its based on the chat with Leviathan posted on r/obeyme by  u/Sket_your_clapped 

Also Happy Leviaday everyone! 

Thanks for choosing to read this! Hope you enjoy!

***

"Hey Levi, I've been thinking about our chat the other day."

"Yeah?"

"-the one about what would happen if we were in a horror movie"

Levi looks up from his screen with interest. 

"-and I kind of ended up writing a fanfiction about that."

Levi jumps up from his seat and looks down at the notebook I'd just laid down. I tell him to read it, and proceed to hide myself behind him so he couldn't see me if I died of embarrassment. I watch uneasily as he starts to read it out.

***

"Hey Satan, are you ready to leave-"

I enter my room to find almost all of the brothers inside. Beel was sitting on the floor eating a burger. Mammon was yelling at him for eating his food (to no avail, of course). Levi sat beside them in the corner, leaning against my bed, crying over the new episode of an anime he was watching, while simultaneously trying to get the others to quiet down. Belphie was on Beel's other side, sleeping against his twin. Asmo was moving around trying to take a good selfie of Belphie and himself.

***

Leviathan was reduced to laughter. "Hahahaha- this so accurate- hahaha!"

I nudged him. "Read the rest."

"Alright, alright!" he said, barely being able to stop laughing.

***

Lucifer entered the room behind me. He stared at everyone in the room. None of them were paying attention to either him or me. 

Lucifer takes a step ahead. "Ahem."

Everyone turned to Lucifer. Even Belphie managed to lift his head up in acknowledgement. 

In all of this chaos, I get the weird feeling that someone else is behind me, and turn around. Nope, no one. Just my paranoia.

 "Have you all lost your minds!? Creating such a ruckus in MC's room! Firstly, why are you all even here!? Secondly, where is Satan? I haven't seen him all day."

***

"Oh right, Satan wasn't mentioned in your room yet."

"Yeah-"

"Shushhh!"

***

A mumble rose in the room. 

"Nghh?" asked Belphie, half asleep.

"I just had to take a picture of Belphie asleep! He's too cute not to, though I'm obviously better looking-" started Asmodeus.

"I-I only came here because B-Beel stole my burger." stuttered Mammon.

*Munch munch munch* "Hm?"

"Everyone was making a lot of noise so I came here but they just followed me here." whimpered Levi.

***

I got off of Leviathan's shoulder from where I was reading with him.

"Hey! I know I'm just a weak and yucky otaku and everything, and Lucifer is pretty scary when he's mad-"

I hid my face behind him again. "Just read."

***

"Well then go back to your room, Levi." ordered Lucifer.

Levi got up from where he was sitting and silently made way to his room.

Lucifer proceeded to berate each of the remaining brothers severely. I stood behind him, unsure of what to do. Also where was Satan? He was supposed to be here!

My DDD pings with a message.

"Hey MC, are you free? I wanted to play Monoke Island with you."

"Maybe later." I tell him. "I've already promised to spend the evening with Satan."

The message is marked as read, but I don't get a reply. My poor little otaku was probably drowning in his negativity again. Still, I'd already promised.

***

"I'm pretty sure I would have replied instantly." said Levi, blushing at the phrase 'my poor little otaku.'

I'd forgotten how I'd described him in the draft.

***

"So back to my question." says Lucifer, finally stopping his scolding. "Has anyone seen Satan?"

I tell Lucifer he was going to spend the evening with me. We were planning on going to a cat café. He was supposed to be in my room, waiting for me.

"*Munch* Oh look- *munch* Satan has arrived." 

I turn behind me to find Satan standing there with a couple of books. 

"Oh hey Satan."

"Sorry I'm late, couldn't find the book you wanted. Here. Why are so many people here?"

"Apparently MC's room is now their refuge center." says Lucifer, glaring at the rest of them.

The other brothers cleared out of my room with sorry looks on their faces. Asmodeus waved on his way out. 

"Right, I'll be going then. Satan, be back before the Student Council Meeting." And with that he walks away. 

My eyes follow his brisk walk for a while before looking up at my companion for the evening. Satan was also looking at Lucifer. I waved my hand in front of his face, and he woke from his stupor.

"So, we going to the cat café or what?"

He smiles at me. "Of course we are!"

We walk to our destination, which was a decent coffee place near RAD. 

"Hey Satan! Isn't that the cat you'd talked to me about? Its so cute!" I picked it up joyfully.

He laughed at me. "Yeah, I know most of the cats here already." I looked down at the lot of felines at his feet.

We'd come to spend our time reading, but I kept on getting distracted by the cute kittens playing with a ball of yarn. Soon my book was forgotten and my entire focus was on the kitty litter. Satan, however, was seemingly consumed with his novel (Though I did catch him sneaking glances of me and the kittens from time to time).

***

"H-hey a-are you trying to make me j-jealous or something?"

***

We spent the evening at the cat café, until Satan decided he had to leave for the RAD student council meeting. We returned to the house of Lamentation. Satan went up to his room to change into his uniform, while I searched for Levi, since I was free and we could play Monoke Island now.

***

"But wouldn't I also have to attend the Student Council meeting?"

I nod at him and tell him to stop interrupting the flow of the story.

*** 

Mammon was in the hallway analyzing at some paintings.

"Hey Mammon-"

He nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard me. "D'ah! MC! Don't sneak up on me like that! N-not that I was scared of whatever!"

I tried not to laugh. "Don't let Lucifer catch you stealing one of those paintings. By the way, have you seen Levi?" 

"I-I wasn't thinking about stealing those paintings! What makes you think t-that I was? Anyways, Levi is probably in his room, like the shut-in he is."

"Well I'm going to play Monoke Island with him- wanna join?"

"Huh? No, you can't play right now- Levi has to come with me to RAD for the Student Council meeting."

Like that, Mammon dragged me to Levi's room. Mammon opened the door and entered before I could get a word in. I followed reluctantly.

"Heyyyyyyy Levi-" began Mammon.

We fell silent.

***

I close my notebook. "That's the end of the chapter, Levi. I haven't written much of the rest yet."

"Cool! You're a pretty good writer MC!"

I hide my face. "The next part is kinda cringey though."

"I'm sure its not as bad as the Ruri-chan fanfic I read the other day. Ruri-chan was so out of character and the author absolutely sucked!"

I laugh at his tiny rant. "Sure, if you say so."

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
668K 24.4K 99
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...