Someone to Stay

By mazerunnernewty20

Sequel to Dance in the Dark Newt x reader -𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚠𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜. �... More

Our New Lives
Normal?
Something's Off
Escaping Again
Someone to Stay
Winston
The Glue
Someone finally hit on Minho
Just Hanging
Party in a pandemic
Marcus & Bertha
Mountain People
Reunion
Are we safe?
"You're a traitor!"
We're with you
Promise
The other side
Third book

Cranks

3K 68 64
By mazerunnernewty20

"Come one we'll lose them in the storm!" Thomas called out. We all followed and ducked behind the giant sand dunes. I held onto Newt the entire time.

"Guys come down here," Teresa ran down into what looked like an abandoned mall.

"Teresa wait come back!" Thomas ran after her. The rest of us did as well. While I was trying to carefully make it down the sand hill, I slipped causing Newt who was holding onto me to fall as well.

"I'm so sorry, I didnt mean to," I quickly help him up and brush the sand from his clothes.

"It's fine love," Newt said meeting my e/c eyes. "Here let's keep up." I nodded.

We entered the ruins of the mall through a shattered window. Thomas was already ahead when Teresa spoke up, "Thomas! Tell me whats going on!" Thomas turned. It just accrued to him that Teresa and I had no idea why we had escaped.

"It's WICKED, we never escaped. Me and Aris we found bodies." We surround an empty table.

"Dead bodies?" Minho questions.

"Well they weren't alive either. They were being drained. There's something inside of us that WICKED wants. Something in our blood." Thomas explains. I sucked in a deep breath.

"So what's your plan?" Minho breathes.

"I..." Thomas stutters, clearly meaning he has no idea what we're going to do or where we are going.

Newt speaks up. "Well we followed you out here Tommy now your saying you don't have a plan." His voice breaks, meaning he's scared.

"Wait didn't Janson mention something about a group of people helping kids in the mountains?" Aris says.

"The right arm," Thomas replies, "that could be our way out."

"People in the mountains?" Newt butts in, "mountain people? that's your plan?"

"It's all we got for now," Fry speaks

"It's worth a shot," I add.

"In the morning we'll start looking for now, try and find anything that might be useful for the way. let's split up," Thomas begins to walk in the opposite direction we entered. "We'll meet back here in half an hour."

Minho follows Thomas. Winston and Frypan explore together. Jack, Aris, and Teresa were left in a trio. Obviously, I was staying with my boyfriend.

"Follow me," Newt took my hand and lead the way into what looked like a tiny shop. We found some backpacks and filled them up with scattered water bottles and packaged food. "Here," Newt hands me some clothes, "I think these would fit you."

"Thank you," I smile.

"Come to the corner," Newt says softly, picking up a white sheet. I did as he told me. He then pulls it up in between us, holding the sides at the walls.

"You really are the best," I grin, beginning to change out of WICKED's clothes.

Newt chuckles. "Anything for you, love."

"Alright I'm done," I said, with that Newt lowers the barrier between us and looks me up and down. "Eyes up here buddy." I joked. He blushes. I put my hands around his neck. "I've missed you."

"I've been here the entire time," he replies. His eyes dart to my lips then back to my eyes.

"But not like this." I bring my lips close to his.

"You're right," Newt closes the gap between us. He kisses me passionately. His tongue coming in my mouth. We make out for a little while until I pull back remembering what happened at WICKED.

"What's wrong?" Newt asks, dropping his hands from my waist.

I pull out the items I had found at WICKED. "I met someone who knew me before the maze." I hand him the guitar pick and the note he left for himself.

"Who?" Newt takes the items, studying them.

"He was one of the doctors." I respond, "his name is Quintin. He showed me pictures of me before the maze. He said we used to date for years" Newt doesn't respond. I don't know if it's because he thinks I'd leave him, but I would never. "But it doesn't matter. Because like you said," I tilt his chin for him to look at me. "The people we were before the maze don't even exist anymore." He nods. "I want you and only you."

Newt's POV:

"Did he try to kiss you or anything?" I ask YN.

I can't believe she found someone who knew her. YN mentioned pictures he showed her of them together. I was jealous. How could I not be? She was his once, she could be again.

Then it came to me.

The boy we tied up. The one who asked me if I was him. He meant that I was the one who YN was with.

"He tried." I suck in a breath, "but I stopped him. Told him I was with you." Bloody hell I loved this girl for being so honest with me.

"I found this in a storage area with your name." YN brings the attention back to the items she found. One was a guitar pick. I loved to sing no one knew except Minho, who knew I could play guitar too? The other was a piece of paper. It said something about my sister named Sonya. I couldn't believe it. I had a sister! I wrote this down to find it and I did! Well YN did but she brought it back to me.

"Thank you," it was my turn to say it. My smile spread. "Thank you so much." I hugged her. She giggled. "What's that?" I ask pointing at a black bracelet.

"This was mine," YN, studies the bracelet. I take it and help her put it on. She doesn't say anything even when I let go of her wrist.

My face is mere inches from hers. She nods. I kiss her again with the same passion as earlier. Our lips move perfectly in sync. At this moment nothing else matters. It's just me and YN.

"Guys?" A voice calls. "Are you- oh wow I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. Oh god sorry."

YN and I pull away to find Aris standing at the stores entrance. Winston and Fry peek their heads inside as well.

"It's fine," YN crosses her arms.

"Again seriously?" Winston rolls his eyes.

"Get a room," Frypan jokes.

"We did, and you're in it." YN says. I try and hide a chuckle.

"Yeah well I just wanted to let you know we're all out here waiting for Thomas and Minho." Aris pointed back.

"Clearly you were busy tho," Fry adds.

"Shuck off!" YN hugs my side. "Thanks for ruining the moment shanks." YN says.

"Do they do that often?" Aris says leaving YN and me behind.

"Too often," I can hear Winston reply.

"We can hear you, you know?" YN calls.

"Trust me we know!" Fry states.

YN's POV:

We all head back to where we agreed to gather. Thomas and Minho were not back yet. The lights had turned on, surprisingly.

All of a sudden, we see two figures speeding towards us. I squint is that Thomas and Minho?

"Run!!" Thomas screams. It takes all of us a second to realize they are being chased by a group of zombie like things. Just as our friends catch up, we all dash through the mall.

"What are those things?" Fry shouts.

"I don't know!" Thomas yells. "Go go go!"

We reach an unmoving escalator and climb up it.

"AHHH!" Jack shouts out, I turn back to find him being taken by one of the cranks I think Janson called them.

"DONT STOP LOVE KEEP GOING!" Newt demands. I obey and we make it to the second floor. The cranks are right at our heels. I keep dashing forward when I hear glass break from behind me.

"NEWT!" I yell as I see him on the floor with a crank on top.

"I got him YN!" Thomas, who stands closer, goes and kicks the disgusting creature off of my boyfriend.

"Thanks Tommy!" Thomas helps Newt get to his feet.

We attempt to escape through a hall and when almost all of us have reached the exit, Winston is pulled back.

"NOO!" My friends all shout as we try and pull Winston back to us. I watch as the cranks claw at the skin on his stomach. Winston shrieks in pain. Eventually we are able to pull him to us. We run until we find a safe spot to rest for the remainder of the night. I lay next to my lover, holding him, until we both drift off to sleep.

******
A/n I am having so much fun writing this if you can't tell. I try to update as soon as I can, but you know high school is exhausting 😩 and I have volleyball afterwards so please forgive me if it takes me a while to update.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54K 1.1K 19
[Book 2 in my Newt x Reader Series: The One] ~ ~ ~ ~ {Completed!} Now that they've escaped the horrid maze, they get comfy in their newfound safety...
89.7K 2.9K 24
❝ Promise me this If I lose to myself You won't mourn a day And move on to someone else ❞ COMPLETED. ❨ Book 3/3 ❩ Everything is comi...
29K 794 71
A Newt x Female OC Story I have no collection of anything before coming up from the box. No memories came to me about my past life. The only thing I...
306K 8.1K 16
The Maze trials are over, now Y/N, Newt and the rest of the subjects must face the Scorch Trials. Y/N and the Maze B girls head out into the Scorch t...