Promises (Thomas x reader)

By potato_girI

One mistake is all it takes for a girl to arrive in the Glade. One mistake for the Gladers to regain hope aga... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The First Girl
Chapter 2: The Bonfire
Chapter 3: Jobs
Chapter 4: (Y/N)
Chapter 5: Finally Out
ANNOUNCEMENT (NOT AN UPDATE)
Chapter 6: A New Arrival
CHAPTER 7:Curiosity
Chapter 8: Thomas
Chapter 9: Regrets
Chapter 10: Similarities
Chapter 11: Lies & Trust
Chapter 12: Dreams and Reality
Chapter 13: Back to Normal (Pt.1)
Chapter 14: Back to reality?? (Pt 2)
Chapter 15: Mysteries
Chapter 16: The Fall
Chapter 17: Choices +Important announcment
Final Chapter 18: Lost and Found
About the second book

Chapter 14: Back to Normal (Pt2)

2.2K 47 17
By potato_girI

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.:

"She is the last one...Ever" Newt read out loud for all of us to hear. "What the hell does that supposed to mean?" He said and the girl suddenly woke up startling everyone.

"Thomas" She said between breaths and fell unconscious again.

Everyone looked at the boy to whom the name belonged to. Everyone but me. I was busy trying to understand where this feeling that I know her came from. Finally, my attention was drawn back to Gally who was the first that dared to talk.

"Do you still think I am overreacting?" He said with a satisfied yet worried look. Thomas looked down as if he had down something wrong. I could see how much confused and sorry he was. He obviously didn't know how he should react to this situation. Without realizing it I found myself staring at Thomas and I only looked away when he looked my way.

Clint who was one of the few that got it together jumped in the box with a few others and got her out of there. Then Jeff came with a medical wheeled litter carrier for patient care to get her to the Med-Jacks. He called for me and I followed.

Small Time skip:

We had placed the new girl in a medical bed and I gave her a checkup. In addition, I would be the one responsible for her since Clint and Jeff were busy with Alby and since I also happened to be the only other girl in the Glade. A few minutes later Newt, Minho and Thomas came in.

"She is not in danger; she eventually will wake up" I said guessing what Newt would ask.

"Then what's wrong why won't she wake up?" He asked aggressively. I could understand he was still angry with me.

"Hey man she did her job the same way you do yours" Jeff said to Newt realizing the tension between us. I kept looking at Newt with an apologetic look but Newt wouldn't even look at me in the eyes.

"Do you recognize her?" He asked noticing the way Thomas looked at the girl.

"No" Thomas mumbled.

"Really? Cause she seems to recognize you?" Newt doubted Thomas.

"He said he doesn't!" I defended Thomas. Newt looked at me angrily and I looked at Thomas who was also looking at me.

"What about the note?" Thomas tried to change the subject.

"I would worry about the note later" Answered Newt showing that the matter was not over.

"I think we should worry about it now!" Thomas pushed it.

"We have enough to do before it!" Newt refused to listen once more. He was really frustrated with both me and the current situation. That was also the reason I didn't raise my voice and was trying to maintain my temper.

"He is right Newt" Jeff talked. "The box isn't coming back up; how long do you think we can last?" He asked worriedly.

"No one said that..." Newt said trying to calm down Jeff showing him a positive perspective. "Let's not jump in conclusions, let's just wait to hear what she has to say when she wakes up. Someone must have answers after all" he finished.

I looked over at Thomas, he seemed to be thinking about something.

"The Griever..." He mumbled something I didn't hear and turned around to leave.

"Hey where are you going?!" asked Newt.

"Back in the maze" He answered and went off. Minho run after him.

Silence filled the room as me Jeff and Newt stood there. None of us dared say anything we just looked at each other until Newt left.

"So, what happened?" Jeff asked immediately after Newt's withdrawal.

"We had a fight..." I answered. Jeff looked at me waiting for more information but when he saw that I wasn't gonna provide him with more unless he asked, he continued.

"Why?"

He received no answer.

"Who was right?" He asked another question.

"Me obviously, I was right but...I shouldn't have talked to him the way I did and I shouldn't have brought it up at all!" I admitted most likely to myself.

"And why haven't you apologized?" He asked.

"I guess...I didn't have the chance to..." I lied. He gave me a doubtful look.

"Ok fine I didn't want to, but I said nothing that wasn't truth ok!?" I snapped. I took a deep breath and continued. "I just know I wasn't wrong and I guess I'm too prideful to apologize..." I finished and looked down. Jeff sat next to me.

"You know, I understand how you feel, but sometimes we all need to start from somewhere. If as you said what you said was the truth Newt will have already acknowledged it, but just like you he doesn't want to admit it first."

"Yeah, but what am I supposed to do!?" I asked him leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Apologize dummy" He said "Make the first step and leave the rest to him, I'm sure he will apologize too" He advised me.

"You think so?" I asked

"I do. Go now, and don't worry about her I'll take care of her" He said and smiled

"No, I can't do that, she is my responsibility I-"

"Y/N I swear to God if you don't leave now, I'll keep you here and won't bring you any food for the rest of the day!" He threatened me. "GO" He ordered and laughed. I just smiled and went off to apologize.

Small time skip:

I had been searching for Newt for hours around the glade until someone told me that Newt was in the woods so there I was, In the woods, all by myself, trying to find a certain someone so I could apologize. I looked around me trying to distinguish anything that looked like a boy's figure. I spotted something in the distance and went near it. After a couple of steps, it was obvious that this was no human.

'It looks like...a hut? I didn't know this existed...'

When I reached it I went inside. This place was clean or at least as clean as it could be in the middle of the woods which meant that people still used it. It was kind of empty, just selves full of papers and a round table in the middle of it covered with some kind of white sheet. Judging by the uneven way it fell on the table something was hidden under it.

"NO! I shouldn't!" Afterall this place is a secrete for a reason, right?" I said my thoughts out loud holding back. '

'But what if it has to do with the maze or with the whole glade!? What if this is something Alby had made to hide something of great importance from us or what if-'

My thought was cut off by someone's footsteps.

'Crap'

I thought and hid under the only place I could, the table. I hear the footsteps coming closer and closer rising up my adrenaline levels. The thought that someone could find me here gave me shivers I would be in huge trouble I knew it. I listen to the sound of the footsteps getting louder and louder and I shut my eyes closed until it stopped. I opened my eyes and tried to take a glance of the person standing outside the hut. I couldn't see. I moved away from the table near the hut's walls and looked through the gaps between the branches. I looked around and to my surprise I saw Thomas standing.

'What is he doing here?'

I asked myself s I watched him move up and down as if he was waiting for something or maybe...someone. A few seconds later I heard more footsteps running. Minho, Frypan, Winston and Zart came I the picture. At that point I was sure something was going on and I intended to learn what. They said something to each other and started moving.

Without thinking I followed them forgetting about Newt forgetting about the hut and its secrets and forgetting about the unconscious girl that was waiting for me back in the Glade. All these seemed like unimportant when it came to this. Thomas was up to something and I was about to find what.

A/C :

Hello people it's me. Now I know I said I would update on April second and that you and Thomas would have a moment but my computer to which I have all the chapters shaved, crushed and I lost everything. I know that chapter is small but I think it is still better than nothing. I hope you enjoyed it despite all that. I'll try to update again in the upcoming days but again nothing is for certain.

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.1K 1.5K 31
Skylar got sent up to the Glade the same way everyone else was sent up. In a moving box. There are three things different about her though, 1. She's...
3.2K 149 32
Y/n is the only girl in the glade, she struggles day to day with someone who torments her and is torn between Gally and newt- this book does contain...
12.7K 253 34
"Um...hi...welcome to the Glade?" When I first opened my eyes, it was dark. I was in a metal box, moving faster and faster. I don't know who I am, I...
It's a girl By R

Fanfiction

36.4K 649 24
Imagine Teresa never came up into the maze after Thomas and Thomas isn't the main character. Imagine the box still came up every month with a differe...