Ocean Storm (Queen of Piracy...

By VictoriaLachac

[10x Featured] Eva did everything but follow the rules. No one seemed to understand her. Suffering domestic v... More

Chapter 1: A new adventure
Chapter 2: Rum? Seriously?
Chapter 3: Sailing away... kind of
Chapter 4: The weirdest family reunion
Chapter 5: A surprise and a goodbye
Chapter 6: It all makes sense now!
Chapter 7: What's going on?
Chapter 8: When my life changed forever
Chapter 9: Time to fight!
Chapter 10: You never forget your first
Chapter 11: What the hell?
Chapter 12: It can always get worse
Chapter 13: Pure uncertainty
Chapter 14: Waiting for a miracle
Chapter 15: A bad day becomes good
Chapter 16: An interesting night
Chapter 17: Now or never
Chapter 18: Storm versus Monster
Chapter 19: Can't ask the captain anymore
Chapter 20: Success or failure?
Chapter 21: The Caribbean is ours
Chapter 22: Run, pirates, run!
Chapter 23: How did they find us?
Chapter 24: Not them again!
Chapter 25: Welcome to Jamaica!
Chapter 26: Mr. Boredom is back
Chapter 27: Too bad to be true
Chapter 28: How will we survive?
Chapter 29: Seeing an old friend again
Chapter 30: Life can always get crazier
Chapter 31: The British can't defeat us... I hope
Chapter 32: Invading a prison! What could go wrong?
Chapter 33: No more hiding the truth
Chapter 34: The battle approaches
Chapter 35: Is this how I end?
Chapter 36: The final confrontation
Chapter 38: Life is funny
Chapter 39: Is this love great enough?
Chapter 40: Triple trouble
Character Aesthetics & GIFs
Special Questions
Winners & Heart Thieves
Book 2 released!

Chapter 37: My problems ended... Right?

462 71 454
By VictoriaLachac

After crying in my room, I felt much better. My heart was still shattered because of what had happened with Johannes. Besides, Sven's death had broken me inside and I couldn't stop thinking of Bosch. The blasts still came back to my thoughts as if they were still happening. I'd won the battle, but no other pirate ship survived and that horrifying fact wouldn't stop torturing me. Although sailing to Puerto Rico made me happier, my mind was driving me crazy. I admit I had a terrible habit of thinking about many things at once, but what could I do? That battle was very challenging for me, so there was no way I wouldn't feel bad afterwards. Also, I was so tired that I almost threw myself on the floor and slept. Fighting the Navy men wasn't exactly easy and Sven had really improved his skills. Sometimes I felt as if the traitor still squeezed my neck while saying horrible things... I'd never forget that he caused my allies' ships to sink and almost led my entire crew to death. Besides, if he hadn't helped Admiral Campbell, perhaps Dirk would've never been shot, and Miguel wouldn't have been stabbed. I hoped Kenneth had saved Bosch... God, I would freak out if he hadn't! I walked from one side to the other while rubbing my chin as I thought of everything.

Miguel and my uncle were talking on the forecastle deck. Kenneth had treated their wounds already, which made me slightly calmer. I frowned, wondering where Maartje and Laurens were. Francis ran to me and licked my boots.

"Hey, Francis!" I grinned at my dog. "Can you believe we won?"

He barked, apparently agreeing.

I sighed, "I wish Sven and Johannes had joined us. I can't believe they became our enemies..."

Still wondering where my friends had gone, I looked in every direction. No sign of them. That didn't look good because Maartje and Laurens were almost always at the main deck with me. Also, they never vanished without saying anything.

Where the hell are they?

Worrying about my two best friends, I walked fast and Francis followed me. I pressed my lips together as I slowly went downstairs. I hoped I was just paranoid, but what if they were in danger? There was no way I could cope with more bad things at that moment! Narrowing my eyes, I reached for my cutlass. One can never be too careful, right?

I gulped while trying to imagine what was happening, "I'm not in the mood for a fight. I need some sleep."

My heart pounded as I heard a noise on the gun deck. Francis whined, appearing to be afraid. I put down my cutlass once I found my friends. There was no danger, but I still gawked. I laughed silently and raised my brows, unable to believe what took place in front of me. Laurens and Maartje kissed each other desperately. He slid his hands down my cousin's back, and she pulled him closer.

I smiled mischievously, "They definitely don't need my help."

When I was about to leave, Francis barked. I grimaced. How can dogs be so wonderful and annoying at the same time? Damn it!

Maartje and Laurens moved away from each other. My cousin downturned her head and blushed like never before. My oldest friend glanced away. Yes, awkward was the right word to define the situation. The three of us froze for an instant.

"I didn't mean to interrupt," I forced a smile. "I was just looking for you two and... well, never mind. Carry on."

With her fingers intertwined, my cousin approached me slowly. Laurens sighed. She chuckled, seemingly less embarrassed than before.

Maartje's eyes gleamed, "Laurens and I have finally decided to be together!"

I grinned broadly, "It was about time! Congratulations!"

"Thank you!" Laurens smiled nervously. "I'm glad you liked the news."

The three of us remained silent for a moment and laughed right after. Maartje and I couldn't stop giggling. I was incredibly proud of my friends because they'd been in love for a while. Since Laurens and Maartje were very shy, I assumed they would never become a couple. Guess what? I underestimated the power of love... God, they were indeed a perfect match!

"Hug me!" I smiled playfully. "Captain's orders."

Maartje quickly did what I said. My quartermaster chuckled and joined the embrace. I loved hugs! They felt so good... I sighed as we moved away from each other.

I raised a brow, "What took you two so long to become a couple? You're perfect for each other!"

"After this crazy battle, we realized there's no reason to wait. So many people were killed! What if we'd died too?" Laurens glanced at Maartje as he spoke. "We're in love and must be with each other while we still can."

Although Laurens was a bit pessimistic, I completely understood him. I chewed on my lower lip as I thought of Dirk. We were together already, but what if that damn bullet took him from me? I hadn't had the guts to go to Kenneth's room until that moment. I couldn't stand the possibility of Bosch being dead. Imagining that situation was terrifying.

"That makes sense," I sighed and downturned my head. "Also, I wish Sven was here to celebrate our victory... Why did he have to betray us like that?"

Maartje shook her head in denial, "No idea. I never thought he'd become such a horrible person. He even spat on my father's face!"

"Was Sven ever a good man?" Laurens raised his brows. "Don't get me wrong, he didn't seem evil before the treason, but there's a good chance he had us fooled."

My cousin and I looked at each other for an instant. Francis whined. Even though I couldn't tell what Maartje was thinking, she seemed to be wondering about the same thing as me. What if Laurens was right? Perhaps Sven indeed had pretended to be someone he wasn't... well, unfortunately, I'd never find out.

I raised my brows, "I agree, but did we make the right choice? Maybe Sven could've changed if we'd spared him."

Laurens shook his head in denial, "Men like him don't change. Besides, he would've killed us if we'd done that."

I gazed upward while reflecting on the subject. Sven had tried to kill uncle Ruben during the battle, so my quartermaster had a point. Besides, the traitor's creepy gaze showed that he no longer had any affection for me... Maybe he never liked me at all. I sighed as I realized that Sven could've pretended to be a good person for a long time.

"I guess you're right," I pressed my lips together. "Anyway, I'm going to see Dirk now. Congratulations again!"

Maartje grinned and waved, "Thank you, Storm. See you later!"

My lips curled into a weak smile as I left the gun deck. Taking several deep breaths, I walked to Kenneth's room. I gulped when I entered. Dirk wasn't there. The surgeon's instruments were spread all over the room. Only the surgeon and his assistant Tamara were present. She wasn't an actual physician, but Kenneth trained her well while they worked at Sea Urchin.

"Hey, Kenneth!" I bit my lower lip. "Where's Dirk Bosch?"

My hands trembled as he slowly turned to me. Kenneth sighed and glanced downward. With my eyes bulged, I took a step forward. Could Bosch be dead? God, I couldn't even think about it... My head would explode if the man I loved wasn't alive.

Kenneth pointed to my right, "If you're talking about the redhead captain, he's in the next room."

Is he alright? Please, let him be alright... Please...

I pressed my lips together, "How's he doing? Is he going to be fine?"

"I removed the bullet from Bosch and took care of his injuries, so he still needs to rest for a while," the surgeon smiled as if he knew how I felt about Dirk. "Don't worry. I'm confident he'll make a full recovery."

I sighed in relief, feeling like a huge weight had been removed from my shoulders. If Dirk was alive and well, nothing else mattered. I couldn't bear the thought of losing him.

I grinned broadly and took a step backwards, "You have no idea how happy you just made me! Thank you so much!"

Kenneth knit his brows while gazing at my bruises, "Also, you must come back so that I can mind your wounds as fast as possible. They could get infected at any moment, Captain."

"I believe you should let me look for infections on you today as well," Tamara raised her brows as she spoke. "It's been a while since I last did that and, as Kenneth said, they might show up anytime."

I nodded, "Of course. Thank you both for your concern. See you soon!"

"If you don't show up here again soon, I'll come and pick you up myself!" the assistant teased, smiling.

Tamara's so funny! I really like her.

I laughed, "Don't worry, Tamara, I'll be back!"

My heartbeat increased as I entered the other room. Dirk laid on a hammock while staring at the ceiling. His coat and cocked hat were on a chair. I smiled when I saw that his wounds had been treated. I ran and kissed Dirk desperately, feeling his lips on mine as if it was the last time. He returned the gesture and pulled me closer.

"I'm so glad you're alive!" I sat next to him and knit my brows. "Why did you take a bullet for me? You shouldn't have risked your life like that!"

He sighed, seemingly admiring my face. I closed my eyes as I felt his warm hand on my cheek. My heart was much lighter as Dirk appeared to be well. Although I hated to admit it, he meant a lot to me. I was sure I'd never be truly happy without him.

Dirk smiled sweetly, "I'd never let that bastard kill you, Eva."

I couldn't help but smile widely as I looked deep into Dirk's eyes... God, I couldn't believe how lucky I was to have him in my life! At that moment, I felt that confessing my love for him was one of the best things I'd ever done.

"I would've done the same to you a thousand times if I had to," I sighed and kissed him on the lips again. "I'll never be able to thank you enough."

He winked, "I know a few ways you could thank me."

I gawked and felt myself blushing. We both laughed. I couldn't believe Dirk had used the same dirty trick I did when I saved him! He was naughtier than I thought... and I liked it.

I raised my brows, "You stole my answer? I guess I shouldn't have expected anything different from a pirate..."

When we were about to kiss again, there was a knock on the door. I rolled my eyes. That was the worst possible time for someone to interrupt me.

"I told you I'd come, Captain Storm!" Tamara teased from behind the door.

I smiled mischievously, "We'll finish this later."

Bosch nodded and chuckled. For a reason I didn't understand, Francis stayed in Dirk's room. Since Kenneth's room was close, I didn't bother to call my dog. Besides, I didn't like it when Francis watched Tamara looking for infections. It was awkward, to say the least.

Kenneth approached me as I sat on the wooden chair. I winced while he fixed my wounds. My swollen eye burned when he touched it. Although I'd gotten used to his techniques, the pain was the same each time. I spent a long time with the surgeon and ground my teeth to stop myself from screaming. He tried to be gentle while suturing my bruises, but it hurt anyway.

"You're good to go. Please come back here tomorrow for me to take a look at the sutures," Kenneth smiled as he left the room. "She's all yours, Tamara."

The assistant closed the door and I took off my clothes. Tamara searched for infections not only in me but also in all my female crewmembers. No woman in Ocean Storm felt comfortable enough to be examined by Kenneth and I was no exception. Besides, she sometimes made me laugh, which made the consultation less complicated. Tamara usually entertained me with her stories about Genoa, the city where she was born.

"I promise I'll be fast," Tamara approached me. "Let's do this!"

I nodded and closed my eyes. Tamara sang while she did her job. Her touch was cold, so I flinched. The woman analyzed literally every part of me to make sure I was healthy. Taking several deep breaths, I tried to forget I was in that uncomfortable situation. I grimaced as she kept examining me.

The assistant moved her hands away, "All done! You may put your clothes back on."

I stood up, relieved that Tamara was faster than last time. She grinned at me mysteriously as I got dressed. What could the woman be smiling about? How strange! I looked away since I felt a little confused. Also, Kenneth's assistant rarely remained so silent.

I raised a brow, "No infections then?"

"None!" she kept grinning weirdly. "You and your baby are fine."

"That's great to..." my eyes bulged. "Wait, what?!"

Tamara looked at me as if I was crazy. I blinked fast. No, that couldn't be possible. Dirk and I hadn't done anything, so why would she say that? Besides, how could a baby survive all the hits I took? My head was spinning as I tried to think.

The assistant raised a brow, "You didn't know you were pregnant?"

That can't be true! Tamara's joking, isn't she?

I was paralyzed. There was only one man who could be the father... Yes, I think you already guessed. I couldn't believe that one-night stand had come back to haunt me.

"Me? Pregnant? Very funny!" I laughed hysterically. "That was a good one, Tamara! You almost had me fooled."

"I'm not joking. Your cervix is soft and high," Tamara got a little closer. "That means you're having a baby, Captain Storm."

My eyes bulged again as I started breathing faster. People were right when they said to be careful with what you wish... I was devastated when I found out I could've lost my child, and guess what? My kid was sent back to me! Well, I'd probably been pregnant since the beginning and didn't realize it. It wouldn't be possible to send a child back to its mom... Right? Anyway, I was so shocked that I couldn't think straight.

"I'm sorry, but that's impossible!" I scowled and crossed my arms. "I didn't bleed this month, but that doesn't mean anything since I did in the previous one. The baby's gone."

The woman caressed my hands and sighed. I tilted my head to the side, wondering what she was thinking. That was one of the few times I couldn't hide my desperation. My life could change forever in the next few minutes.

Tamara pressed her lips together, "Was your bleeding intense when you thought you'd lost the child last month?"

Until that moment, my thoughts had been haunted by a lie. I hadn't been paying attention to myself since the whole Navy thing started. Maartje's miscarriage story scared me so much that I forgot to consider other possibilities. I'd assumed there were only two possible conclusions: either the kid died, or I never got pregnant in the first place.

"No. Actually, it lasted much less than usual. It happened for only three days," I stared at my toes as I sat down slowly. "Why haven't I noticed this before?"

The assistant nodded, seemingly thinking of what to say next. My hands trembled insanely. I couldn't even take care of myself, so how would I be a mother? Honestly, I felt bad for the child. I was sure I'd do everything wrong... From all women, why choose the weird and funny pirate captain? I simply couldn't understand it!

"Some bleeding happens to several women. It doesn't mean that they aren't pregnant or miscarried. You probably had a mild infection that healed on its own," Tamara slightly downturned her head. "Now, your answers to my next questions will define if I'm wrong or right... In fact, I'm always right, but it won't hurt to confirm it."

I never wanted to scream as much as I did at that moment. For an instant, I thought I'd faint. The worst part was that it was all my fault... I'd been pregnant all that time and didn't see it? That was crazy!

The assistant cleared her throat, "First, have you been feeling headaches, nausea, and dizziness? Also, have you been hungrier and a little more tired?"

I bit my lower lip, trying to remember how I'd been feeling since my night with Miguel. Defeating the British was all I could think about until that day, so I barely paid attention to myself. I widened my eyes as I realized I'd felt everything Tamara mentioned. Although those symptoms never bothered me, they'd been happening for a while.

I frowned, "Yes, I've been feeling all those things lately, but I thought it was because of distress."

"When these symptoms are together, distress is rarely their cause. I'm speaking from experience," Tamara sighed and narrowed her eyes slightly. "Final question: have you had any cycles before and after the weak bleeding?"

"No, I haven't. That means I'm... I'm three months late!" I squeezed my eyes shut and put a hand on my forehead. "Damn it!"

Tamara raised her brows as if she meant to say, "I told you so." I stared at the wall, wondering what to do next. My female crewmembers had told me Kenneth's assistant never made mistakes. Everything indicated that my case was no exception.

"Congratulations, Captain! You're going to be a mom!" Tamara hugged me and grinned. "May I ask who's the lucky dad?"

"I think that's enough talking for now," I chuckled nervously. "I need some air..."

My God! What will I do now?

I quickly walked out of the room while my legs trembled. I was so shocked that I didn't even blink. When I thought I'd live happily ever after... Guess what? Life punched me in the face once again! I'd have to tell the man I loved that I was pregnant with another guy's baby... What a fun experience, right? Nothing could possibly be more entertaining! My relationship with Bosch could shatter. Besides, Miguel would probably freak out if I told him he was going to be a father... Should I pretend the child was Dirk's and hope it wouldn't look like Miguel? Perhaps a lie would make my problem disappear, but what if that was unfair? It didn't seem right to separate my kid from its father for purely selfish reasons. I simply didn't know what to do... Anyway, I'd keep my baby regardless of what happened. Although I was panicking, I didn't even think of giving my kid to someone else. My pregnancy could cause me numerous problems, but I wouldn't run away from them.

****

Author's note: Hey, everyone! Thanks again for reading! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Please vote and comment if you liked it! Also, please share this story with your friends if you're enjoying it! :-) Follow the "Ocean Storm" playlist on Spotify if you haven't done so yet. The link is on my main page. Now you know what was the little heart attack I mentioned last week...  We have a baby on board! ;-) Yes, I had to make this joke because of the ship. Will Eva hide her pregnancy from Miguel? Is Dirk going to be nice or aggressive to Eva when he hears the news? Keep reading and you'll find out... :-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.2K 2.6K 34
2023 December Book of the Month @CupidOnTour @WattpadSeries General Fiction Feature JUNE 2023 @HistoricalFiction 'Rise of Civilization' Reading List...
13.4K 2.9K 30
🏆 ONC AFRICA 2021 WINNER (SPOTLIGHT STORY) "Would you sabotage someone's career to protect your own?" Teniola Oyeyinka travels from New York to Nige...
1.1K 96 20
When Yun SeByeol, 21 years old bilingual girl, who lives on earth filled with both magic and technology, doesn't obey her grandmother and drink somet...
Earth, After ✔️ By T

Science Fiction

38.1K 3K 37
Some fates are worse than death--survival is one of them. In the two hundred years since humanity left the Earth's surface to live in the sky, life...