Belong To The City (August Al...

By BeautyAndTheBrain

Interior Design major Cyntheia Rivera, has been working her whole life to get where she's at. Now at 21 being... More

Chapter 1: Belong To The City
Chapter 2: Business Relations
Chapter 3: Lookin' Out
Chapter 4: Personal Level
Chapter 5: Workin'
Chapter 6: Leave It At Home
Chapter 7: The Policy
Chapter 8: Plans
Chapter 9: We Got a Deal
Chapter 10: Start It Off Right
Chapter 11: Trust and Believe Me
Chapter 12: Payin'
Chapter 13: Not Playin' No Games
Chapter 14: Still Just Business
Chapter 15: Makin' Moves
Chapter 16: No one Else's
Chapter 17: Closer & Closer
Chapter 18: Flashbacks
Chapter 19: I Get It
Chapter 20: I'm Sorry
Chapter 21 (Pt.1): Memory Lane
Chapter 22: Done
Chapter 23: All's Fair in Love & War
Chapter 24: Changes
Chapter 25: Trouble In Paradise Resolution
Chapter 26: Other Half
Chapter 27: Family Ties
Chapter 28: Too Early
Chapter 29: Love Like This
Chapter 30: What's Real
Chapter 31: Gettin' It Together
Chapter 32: Checking It Off
Chapter 33: Put An End To It
Chapter 34: When Its All Said And Done
Epilogue
Sequel

Chapter 21 (Pt.2): Secrets and Plans

30.8K 1.4K 227
By BeautyAndTheBrain

Chapter 21 (pt.2)

Secrets and Plans

-----------------------------------------

"Y'all betta get to damn hands off of them right nah or I'm emptyin' the clip on the rest of y'all!" I heard someone bellow.

The man who was punching me slowly rose off of me with his hands up in surrender along with one of the men who had jumped August. The tall man who was talkin' all that stuff from earlier was laying on the ground clutching his arm and that's when I realized he was the one who had been shot.

"Baybeh, baybeh you alright?" August asked frantically as he helped me off of the ground.

As he was pulling me up I winced in pain from the soreness that had already accumulated from ole dudes punches.

"Yea I'm fine." I assured.

"Back the fuck up little niggas. If I see you again Imma really fuck y'all all up."

I looked up to see it was Chi-town who had said that. He was making his way across the street from his truck over to us. I have never been so grateful to see him.

"Chi?" I questioned as I limped a little faster to meet him in the middle of the street.

"Hey baby girl. Come on let's get y'all up outta here." He stated pulling both August and I towards his truck.

We all climbed inside and Chi pulled off bringing us back around the corner to the escalade. He parked beside it and turned around in his seat to look at both Aug and I.

"What the hell was yo ass doin' outchea Cyntheia?" He asked with a frown.

I sighed knowing that he'd be upset with me. Chi-town already didn't like the fact that I had to come back here to pay Pop's ass every several months, so finding me out here late at night in a fight was probably pissing him off.

"I came to show August where I used to live. " I shrugged.

Chi's 'bout the closest thing I have to a father after mine had left so disappointing him was not on my agenda.

"Well that was dumb. You ain't gotta show him shit out here, ain't shit to show. Y'all better be lucky I was even on this side of town. Those niggas love pickin' wit' somebody." He shook his head.

"I know and I'm sorry. I didn't actually think this through. Thanks for helping us though." I smiled.

He shook his head chuckling at me before leaning some ways back and pulling me into a quick hug.

"Yea, yea whatever. You know I do anything for my God baby. Nah y'all get up outta here, and I don't wanna see you back here until your final payment." He pointed.

I gulped nodding. I wish he wouldn't have said that, 'cause I know August is going to ask me about that. I nodded and opened the car door leaving out. I turned to see that August wasn't following, he was still sitting in the truck.

"Aug you comin'?" I questioned confused.

"Yea I'm comin'. He jus' wanna holla at me right quick. Go wait in the truck." He explained.

I nodded and headed to the passenger side of the escalade and slid in. I sighed dragging a hand down my face. We were only a few seconds away from being shot tonight all because of me allowing us to come out here. I should have just told him no and that we shouldn't go on this side of town, especially at this time of night. It was all just a dumb ass idea. I can't help but to think though, that somebody is watching over Aug and I, because what was the likely hood of Chi-town driving on this side of town at the same time that we were? It all was surreal and if the guardian angel I'm thinking about is really looking over us, then we'll be in good hands at all times.

After about another minute my phone started to go off inside of my pocket. I pulled it out to see Pop's name. I leaned forward to see if August was coming , but he was still in Chi's truck talking so I went ahead and answered.

"What do you want?" I answered.

"Ooh I'm not feelin' that tone C." He coolly replied.

"Whatever. Why are you calling me Pop?"

"I was just wondering if I just saw yo ass out on the East side?" I looked around wondering if he was still around.

"Yea. What were you doin' over here?"

"Don't worry 'bout all of that. What the hell you doin' down here? Your payment ain't do for 'bout three more months."

"I'm not here for you. Now don't call me unless its about my bill. Good bye." I stated hanging up.

I know it was a little bold of me to speak to Pop like that, but I had no patience for him. At this point in the day I was both mentally and physically exhausted and just wanted to go to sleep. So exhausted I didn't realize I had actually fell asleep after I got off of the phone until August had shook my awoke.

"Hmm?" I mumbled turning in my seat to look at him.

"You hungry or thirsty? You need somethin' befoe we get back ta the hotel?" He questioned.

I sat up and looked around realizing that we were in a Popeye's drive through.

"No I'm fine." I yawned.

He looked me over then back to the menu outside.

"Iight an lemme get a two piece wit' a macaroni and a tea ta drank an that'll be all." He ordered.

I shook my head at the fact that he went ahead and ordered me something anyways. He pulled up to the window paid and grabbed our food before we were back on the highway headed to the hotel. I was grateful for the silence because I know it wasn't going to last long.

-----------------------------------------------
August

We had jus' settled back inta the room afta T chewed us out 'bout leavin' wit' out him. I wasn't even gone tell him 'bout the shit that went on while we was out there 'cause he'd really hol' that shit ova my head.

Cyn jus' been chillin' on the bed wit' me eatin' her food that she had claim ta not want, lyin' ass. Afta this shit tanight a nigga had too many questions. I know I'm pose ta trust Cyn, but the shit that, that nigga Chi-town had ta say got a nigga really wonderin', an she ain't finna sit up in hea' an not say no shit 'bout what was said tanight. I looked ova at her, but she was jus' lookin' at the TV so I shut it off and grabbed her box of food an set it down onna lil nightstand next ta me.

"Hey!" She whined.

"Hey nunin'. What the fuck C? Did you know those niggas?" I questioned lookin' at her.

She bit her bottom lip lookin' down inta her lap. There was so much shit Ion't know 'bout her, but I wanna know, but its like she always lyin' ta a nigga or not tellin' me nunin' which got me wonderin' what da fuck she done did an why she couldn't tell me.

"No. I mean like I didn't know them, know them. I just kinda knew of them and some of my old friends out here used to date two of them." She explained, still not lookin' at a nigga.

I was gettin a lil fed up wit' her ass so I grabbed her chin an turned her face tawards me. She looked a lil shocked at first befoe she got ta bitin' her lip again. She gone drop that lil habit too.

"Cyn what the hell was Chi-town talkin' 'bout? What the hell is this bill thang you got down here, an is that why you was down here that last time when you tol' me it was jus' some lil meetin'?" I retorted.

"Can you let go of my face?" She mumbled.

I shook my head an went ahead an let her go. She moved her jaw around befoe lookin' back at me.

"The bill is nothing for you to worry about, I promise. Its just something I have to pay to a friend." She stated , this time lookin' dead at me.

"Okay, but how I'm not 'pose ta worry 'bout it when you comin' ta parts of town like this ta pay a nigga foe it? You realize how suspect that shit look right?"

She nodded bitin' her lip once again befoe climbin' ova onta my lap an straight straddlin' a nigga. My hands, off rip , moved ta her ass as she got ta kissin' me. She had some of the softest lips a nigga eva got ta kiss on.

"You have nothing to worry about, I promise." She mumbled against my mouth.
That's when I snapped back inta reality, remeba what we had jus' been talkin' 'bout. I pulled her off me an looked at her again.

"Cyn I'm foe real. Ion't need you comin' outchea by yo self an then I get a call sayin' yo ass done got body bagged jus' 'cause you ain't wanna tell me what's goin' on."

She sighed lookin' down an then looked back up at me smirkin'. A nigga was confused as ta what the hell she thought was funny 'til she scooted down my lap a lil bit then pressed her han' on top of my lil nigga down there. Aw hell no.

"That's not going to happen. I promise baby." She whispered in my ear once she got ta strokin'.

She gone have ta chill 'cause she fuckin' wit' a real nigga an if she do this shit ain't no goin' back, she mine foereal afta this shit. Betta yet I ain't even gone do her in this lil cheap ass hotel room. If me and Cyn gone do it, I'm gone be makin' love ta her, not jus' givin' it ta her in some lil hotel room. That's how I get it in wit' lil hit it an quit it type broads, an Cyn definitely wasn't one of those. If she was gone get it from me, she was gone get it right.

"Aye chill out baybeh. You playin' games, but I will really fuck you Cyntheia." I stated pullin' her hand off of me an jus' holdin' it.

She smirked some moe and scootched up closa.

"And what if I want you to?"She questioned wit' a raised eyebrow.

Okay nah I know this ain't the same chick that done came ta my house three months ago. Lil mama is in hea' trynna get freaky wit' a nigga when she use ta be scared ta even come in my damn crib ta eat pizza! She was jus' full of surprises.

" 'Cause Ion't want ta jus fuck you. I want ta make luh ta you baybeh."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cyn

After August's little words last night about having sex with me I was giddy around him all morning. The way he had said it had me really ready to jump his bones right there and then, and not to mention after that he kept teasing me about being a so called "closet freak", which was not true. I had to really take a cold shower when he dropped me back off at my house after we landed. Since I've been home I've been answering back to some client emails that I had neglected. August had told me that I only had an hour to do that before he was coming back to get me to take me down town to have a meeting with Kyle about how we'd be going about everything since the whole fight. I didn't care to go to this little meeting because I really didn't care to be altering my life once again on the count of Jayceon and his broad, I just really wasn't feeling it, but I had signed a contract so I'd be there. Plus that was more money in my pocket.

I was only able to get through six emails before I heard the knock at my front door. I sighed and closed my laptop and then went to go grab my purse and a hair tie to tie my hair up. This heat in August was no joke, and my poor hair couldn't stand it so It was just in it's natural state until I could have Bam put another sew-in in.

"Hey baby. Let's go." I smiled as I opened then closed the door behind me.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"So yea, basically y'all keep it low pro right now, don't be out in public too much right now Cyntheia. We'll try to make it seem like you guys aren't speaking right now so we'll cut off any more dates between you two, and Cyn you won't be attending any concerts for now. No social media pictures or videos or anything of the sort are going to be able to go out that has to do with y'alls relationship." Kyle finished explaining.

August and I nodded as we looked at Kyle. He had basically told us that we were acting like we were on a real break in the relationship. I had a problem with that because I already didn't like being away from Aug even when he was just gone for a few days to visit his family, so now that our time seeing one and other will have to be spaced out is annoying. Also August will be heading out of town a lot now to go and do some Radio interviews and to start shooting for a music video. I really wasn't feeling this whole space thing, but I guess it'll give me time to finish up the house and make sure things are all straight with my past that's trying to resurface.

"Iight that's straight." Aug nodded.

He looked over towards me for confirmation and I nodded solemnly.

"Great! Also Cyntheia we're going to assign Rita here to help get you started on your image, she will basically be media training you and helping regulate your social media accounts." Kyle explained pointing towards Rita who sat in the spinning chair next to Kyle at the large table.

She smiled at me and gave me a little wave 'causing me to give her a light smile back. Rita was one of those over joyful white girls so I know she's probably going to irritate me in this time of working with her, but at the end of the day its all apart of getting the pay check. So I nodded agreeing to the terms.

"Cool so you guys can setup a time to do meetings that work with y'alls schedule after this. Now August, we really want to get you, and Game to maybe do some public outing with one and other to make it look like you guys have no problem with one and other. This will look like just a personal problem for Cyntheia and you'll be in the clear." Kyle smiled.

My head immediately snapped towards August who was shaking his head vigorously with a pissed off expression.

"Nope ain't finna happen bruh. Ain't fuckin' wit' that nigga." He stated simply turning his hat forward.

I didn't expect him to agree to something like that after what I had told him. The look in August eyes showed that he was pissed off that night so I don't think any words between the two men would be nice, and I really didn't want Game to go and tell August the full story between him and I.

"August it's really not a question. You have to do this to clear your name." Kyle stated seriously.

"Nah bro! Why cain't y'all niggas photoshop a picta of us hangin' out or somethin'? Y'all can do errythang else, y'all should be able ta do that." He yelled.

Kyle shook his head agitated with August.

"August you don't get it! We can't just do stuff like that. Listen, Games rep already said it was a go, we said it's a go, so you're going. Sorry." Kyle shrugged.

August huffed annoyed before nodding.

"Iight, I'll meet wit' the nigga."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 886 54
sequel to Killer Stranger after Ran's death, Hikari and Rindou only have each other to turn to as they grieved. time passes and both get used to the...
74.5K 2K 29
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
160K 6.9K 41
"HEEEELLLLLOOOO!" "Um... Hi?" "Wow! You actually answered, so that means you aren't kissing anyone right?" "Um, I'm sorry but who's calling?" ...
Halstead By C

Fanfiction

3.7K 83 7
Winona was the youngest Halstead and worked as a nurse in the same hospital as her brother Will. That's where she meets her soulmate.