AdityaxZoya ~ Love Tales

shruxfantasia

"Socho agar hum log kisi aur janam, kisi aur wakt, kisi aur haalat mein milte..." Penning down those ide... Еще

1.0 ✿ memories
2.0 ✿ fire meets water
3.0 ✿ we are family
4.1 ✿ spare the rod, spoil the child
4.2 ✿ spare the rod, spoil the child
4.3 ✿ spare the rod, spoil the child
5.0 ✿ happy women, the prettiest
6.1 ✿ complete
6.2 ✿ complete
7.0 ✿ immersed in love
8.0 ✿ a family holiday
9.0 ✿ celebrations of light
10.0 ✿ feeling the love tonight (18+)
11.0 ✿ a midnight date
12.0 ✿ the hidden jewel
13.0 ✿ retrouvailles
14.0 ✿ mine
15.0 ✿ andekha anjaana sa
16.1 ✿ you, me, woh
16.2 ✿ you, me, woh (18+)
17.0 ✿ color of love
18.1 ✿ precious little one
18.2 ✿ precious little one
18.3 ✿ precious little one (16+)
19.0 ✿ this too shall pass
20.0 ✿ childhood love
21.0 ✿ for you are special
22.0 ✿ tum bin
23.0 ✿ tum se hi (16+)
24.0 ✿ one plus one is three
25.0 ✿ the annual school day function
26.0 ✿ bikeriding
27.0 ✿ mamta
28.0 ✿ tere aur mere milne ka mausam (18+)
29.0 ✿ babysitting
30.0 ✿ the beginning of a lifetime
31.0 ✿ je t'aime
32.0 ✿ touched
33.1 ✿ adhura alvida
33.3 ✿ adhura alvida
34.0 ✿ a day at Hooda's & co
35.0 ✿ the date
36.0 ✿ the hoodas at the beach
37.0 ✿ jab future met past
38.0 ✿ qissa-e-junooniyat (18+)
39.0 ✿ needle of love
40.0 ✿ meeting his family
41.0 ✿ afsos
42.0 ✿ i wished for us
43.0 ✿ bewafaa
44.0 ✿ for her

33.2 ✿ adhura alvida

495 44 118
shruxfantasia

Guess who has finally decided to post the next part. *sighs*

Bonne lecture!

12/05/2021

[ H E R ]

"W—what are you saying, doctor? But... I always made sure she had her medicine everyday... like you recommended... then how come... how come her situation got worse all by sudden? S—she was doing all right... even this morning...", a terrified Zoya spoke in frustration as tears uncontrollably rolled down her face on their own.

Releasing a deep sigh, "Ms. Siddiqui, we understand your worries. Unfortunately, we have to stay practical, as much as positive. Mariam is still an infant, her immunity system is slowly increasing now, along with her growth. Using medicine could help us control the issue, but it is just a solution to her condition.", he explained.

"So... w—what do you mean we... what should we do? I... I am ready for anything, to save my baby... please, doctor... just help her live, for longer... she does deserve this, at least... please...", the vulnerable mother begged the man.

He corrected his spectacles. "We hoped we wouldn't have to go through this, but your daughter's health is falling down to a riskier level unknown to her, Ms. Siddiqui. We must proceed with the surgery, as fast as possible. If you give us your answer, we shall fix an appointment with some of our best heart specialists, as soon as we can.", he tried convincing her.

"Anything that you say we should do, doctor... anything, to save my child...", she concluded and he nodded, calling the secretariat for an appointment.

•••

She closed the door of the ward behind her and walking in, she fell on the little girl laid down on the hospital bed. She leaned her back against the wall, taking a deep breath, while she let the fresh tears fall out to wet her cheeks.

"Your daughter's health is falling down to a riskier level... we must proceed with the surgery as fast as possible..."

Breaking, she slid down the wall, muffling her cries behind her hands, as she cursed her fate to ruin both their life. Why, Allah? What was my deed, that my baby has to pay for as well? Wasn't her given birth by an ill-fated like me enough?, she mentally cursed and shouted, her body shaken matching her whimpers.

She did not realize the time moving on until she heard a knock at the door, interrupting her lonely moment. She wiped the remaining tear marks off her face and stood up to attend the person at the door. "En... entrez!", she managed to say in a trembling voice. (C... come in!)

Her back was facing the door when the sound of someone twisting the knob reached her ears, as she made herself presentable before she turned round to fall on the guest.

"A... Aditya?", she whispered to herself, while he stared at the lady in distress, his eyes corresponding to her own state, as he still found it hard to believe. His heart and feet struggled to stay still not to run to her, while his mind reminded him of the circumstances. She is married now, and is the mother of a child, it repeated like a broken record. "You... here?", she smoothly said, pulling him out of his hallucination.

"Zoya... why do I still feel... as if I am day dreaming about you, again...", she looked up at him at his blabbering, as he continued with a chuckle, "I mean... I have never thought... we would meet... all by sudden... here...", he tried starting a conversation.

"And I have never thought... we would ever meet... again...", she replied in a low tone, her doe-shaped pearls fixed at the floor before rolling up, noticing his taking their own time to register her presence. "Umm... p—please, come in..."

He shifted his eyes away and nodded his head, walking in the room to have a glimpse of the little girl asleep, as Zoya moved to stand beside the bed, caressing her hair before dropping a kiss on her forehead.

"Please, get well soon, Marie... ammi cannot see you like this, baby.", she whispered to her ear, sending a prayer to the Almighty, as Aditya was witnessing the mother in pain while giving another attempt to calm his erratic heartbeats.

She has moved on, so should you.

Seeing her stand up, he cleared his thoughts and asked, "W—what did the doctor say? Is she fine?"

"No... she is not...", she blankly answered while he looked surprised at her tone. "My fate didn't ruin my life enough, that it didn't spare my daughter's, as well."

"What happened to her, Zoya...", he couldn't finish his sentence when he was cut off in the middle.

"She is d—dying.", she stammered while staring at the kid. "Congenital... heart defects... didn't want my daughter to live long... in peace..."

His eyes widened as he was listening to her. "But how... she seemed so lively, and happy... she looked fine, until... until she fainted all by sudden.", he whispered to himself, unable to digest the fact, as she glanced at him from the corner of her eyes.

"Can't we cure her? I mean... this shall be treated well... Science has progressed so much more, there should be a way for sure...", he asked, wondering internally how much she had been enduring, when she smiled sadly. "If only... treatments can control the situation, but they won't save her for longer.", she sighed. "As mortals, we all are meant to die one day. My daughter, fortunately or not, just knows it when."

"Zoya, please... don't lose hope. I am sure there must be a solution for this. Let's... let's take her to some famous congenital specialists... we can ask for some great curing advice. Medicine is well-praised here, we will certainly find a way...", he tried consoling her, controlling his hands that itched to hold her.

She fell to the ground at his words, releasing the fat tears down her face. At the sight, he ran to the other side and was about to pull her in his arms, when something in his conscience stopped him midway. Hesitant, wondering if she might mind him touching her after those long years, when she was no more his ; she might not even appreciate him being so close, he suddenly thought as he kept a safe distance. Until her louder whimpers changed his mind to take the step.

He smoothly put his hand on her shoulder, slowly nearing her, when, taken by the happenings, she unconsciously gave in to his warmth, her head falling on his shoulder for shelter. He wrapped his arms around her soft frame and pulled the woman in his embrace, his hand reaching the back of her head as he caressed her gently.

"Don't worry, Zoya... everything will be fine...", his soothing words a mere whisper by her ears while she managed to control her tears, turning into muffled sobs.

"A... ammi...", the baby voice suddenly broke their moment and, pulling away quickly, they looked at each other, a little awkward of what just happened.

She swiped her tears and got up to see her little girl still asleep, mumbling for her mother to come to her. "Ammi..."

"Ammi is here, baby. Your ammi is here only, always with her Marie baby...", she said in her motherly-warm tone, as the infant slowly opened her eyes. Once her sight clearer, she smiled at the young lady and stretched her arms open for a hug. Zoya gave in to her innocent demands and pulled the child up in her arms, the latter softly patting on her back in a caring way. Her mother's sad face was not left unnoticed, although her innocent age, and she understood it was because of her, clueless how wrong her problem was. But, like ammi said, elders' thoughts remained among elders only.

"Ammi na—in rona... Ma—ie theek hai...", she softly said and Zoya nodded, releasing a sigh in the crook of her small neck. "Haan... hamari Ma—ie baby b... bilkul theek hain... bilkul theek...", she replied as she left her negative thoughts aside but to cherish each minute with her daughter. (Ammi don't cry... Marie fine... Yes, my Marie baby is a... all fine...)

Aditya smiled at the mother-and-daughter's love, a wish deep inside that he knew and cherished from closer. Though he knew that he had lost the chance in this life, as he repeated once more to his heart.

Mariam noticed the man behind her mother, who looked like the uncle she had met earlier in the park, and pulled away from her mother. "Ammi... park uncle...", she said innocently with a smile, before she reminded herself of something. "Doll... ammi, Ma—ie doll...", she pouted as her face cringed.

"Arey! But where did you leave it, baby?", the confused mother asked and she turned her head around the room looking for her toy. "Doll... ", she whimpered while yearning.

Aditya frowned and suddenly remembered having left it on the chairs outside, as he cursed himself. "Wait... I think I left it out... I will just be back."

Zoya nodded and tried to console her kid while he walked out to look for the doll that had been waiting patiently on the chair. He sighed in relief and turned back to the room, where the woman had been handling a stubborn girl.

"Marie, baby I said no zid. Quiet, honey, uncle will bring it back...", she was to say when they heard the door closing, as Aditya came in hiding something behind his back, a playful smile on his face to cool down the ambiance.

"Now, if Marie baby promises ammi not to cry and be stubborn, then uncle will give the doll. Warna nahin!", he childishly said, making Mariam stop her cries immediately to Zoya's surprise. He slowly took out the doll that he had taken good care of, from its hideout, and held it up in front of his face, faking a lady's voice. The toy speaking to her made the little girl giggle excitedly, clapping her hands loud before she crawled to the footboard where the young man was standing with her possession, the tensed ambiance in the room vanished with her innocent laughter.

As a mother, she had witnessed her daughter's stubbornness surpassing hers, and calming a restless Mariam was a whole task. Yet, Aditya handled her in the simplest, and normal way, which always worked out with herself. As if, an unnamed bonding was already binding the both of them, although having known each other for a few hours only.

Mariam stood up on her legs and jumped on the bed, encouraging the man to continue entertaining her, bringing Zoya back to the present moment.

"Marie, stop jumping, baby. This is not our bed, or the doctor uncle will scold you for breaking it.", she quickly warned her kid as she neared her, gently holding a hand on her face, making her stop obediently before falling in her arms. "Ummm, could you stay with her just a little? I need to talk about the discharging process."

As Aditya reassured her they would be fine, she walked out of the room, leaving the two to play together. Until his phone ringing broke their moment, and he mentally scolded himself reading the name.

"One second, Marie. Uncle will just get this call, and then join you. You just keep playing, okay? I am right here if anything.", he asked for her permission and as she nodded her head, he moved to a corner and answered the call. "Hello..."

"Where the hell did you get lost, Mr. Hooda?", he distanced the phone away from his ear as the loud voice was to break his eardrums, before checking on Mariam who blinked her little eyes confused, still seated on the bed. He quickly smiled reassuringly, gesturing the guy on the phone to be mad, and she chuckled cupping her mouth. "It has been almost three... no, four hours, that you have gone on a walk, and you are still not back to the hotel. Where are you even gone? Did someone kidnap the son of Justice Hooda? Hey Ram, what shall we do, now? Do you have any idea of the location, so that we come and pick you up? Aditya, are you listening? Why aren't you talking?"

He rolled his eyes, and turned his back to her. "You should let me say a word, first. And Jay, can you please turn that 'drama queen' mode off? You sound like a panicked girlfriend or wife. No one abducted me, nor am I lost. I am fine.", said he in a quiet voice.

"Then, where are you? You could have called us to inform, at least. And why are you talking so quietly?", replied Jay, sighing in relief his friend was okay. "I am okay, guys. I am not a kid, and don't treat me so."

"But you are still our friend, who walked out in a not-so-good mood.", he added, sharing his disappointment on his sudden disappearance.

"Don't worry, Jay. I... I am kind of busy, right now. I will call you later. Bye."

And before he could be interrogated any longer, he cut the call and slipped the phone in his trousers' pocket, before turning to the kid who was hugging her toy sharing a lonely conversation. As he stared at the little girl with an appreciative smile, the desire to know more about her —or them, suddenly increased. Her marriage, her family, her career, her life after their undesired fate. The moment he saw her in a country miles away from her hometown, something she said she would never leave behind for anything, he was for sure shocked, and surprised, and wondered what would have happened.

You should stop worrying for the others but you, screamed his conscience.

Unfortunately, she was not just some other person.

He discretely took a seat next to Mariam, and rolled his eyes down to her. Silence took over the ambiance, as her legs were dangling rhythmically syncing with her head.

"Accha, Marie,", hearing her name, she looked up at the man. "What is your father doing? I mean, what is his name, first?"

"Kaun?", she asked confusedly. (Who?)

He was to repeat his question when they heard the doorknob was heard being twisted, Zoya entering the ward along with the doctor appeasing the eerie silence.

"Coucou, Mariam. Alors, comment va notre petite ange adorée, maintenant? Je vois qu'on s'amuse beaucoup avec son ami.", the man asked the little girl as she shook her head in yes childishly, before she giggled feeling the cold stethoscope moving on her skin, beneath her knee-length green-apple summer dress. (Hello, Mariam. So, how is our adorable little angel doing, now? Someone seems to be very joyful with her friend)

Letting her go, he turned back to Zoya as he instructed a few things, while Aditya distracted the kid by playing with her doll. It was not the time to talk personal, he understood the signs and kept patience before them.

•••

"Merci, monsieur. Tenez!", back from their dinner at baby's favourite street food stall as compensation for the eventful evening, they reached home in a cab and paid the fare. (Thank you, sir. Here!)

Zoya was about to hold Mariam to get off the taxi when the latter asked. "Ammi, uncle na—in aa laha?", she asked and before Zoya could say anything, Aditya answered. "No, honey. It's getting late, and Mariam now needs to go to bed, as well as your ammi, and uncle. But I promise that I will come to meet you tomorrow. Okay, baby?", he answered smilingly. (Ammi, is uncle not coming?)

"Uncle ya—an sona... phi— Ma—ie uncle khele...", she innocently suggested to make him stay with her for the night, while the two stayed awkward. (Uncle, sleep here... then Marie and uncle play)

Zoya tucked her hair behind her ear, trying to convince. "Marie, you should not disturb Aditya uncle like this. He is saying he will come to meet you tomorrow, isn't he? Look, even the taxi uncle has to go home and sleep. Come for now, jaan. We can play later..."

However, the little Mariam crossed her arms against her chest and jumped to sit on Aditya's lap, hugging him by his neck, not ready to let him go, making the two helpless.

"Madame, si vous pouviez vous dépêcher, je n'ai pas la soirée devant moi.", the cab driver started getting impatient and without any option, the three got off the vehicle, the victorious kid still clinging onto her new friend. (Madam, if you could make it fast, I don't have the whole evening)

"Marie, you have become very naughty, and your stubbornness is uncontrollable. If you keep doing this, then ammi will get very angry and punish you one day.", she said in a loud tone, scaring the little girl as she hid her face in the crook of his neck angrily.

"Zoya, relax. She is a child, she doesn't know what she is doing. And you are behaving even more stubborn than her. No wonder she has got this stubbornness from you.", Aditya told in a low tone and realizing her stupidity, she released a sigh and neared her daughter.

"Accha, ammi is sorry, baby. I am just... a little tired. Ammi didn't mean to be angry with you...", she softly held her arm but the kid jerked it off her, tightening her hold around his neck as she leaned her head on his shoulder. "Ammi gu—sa... ammi ang—y... Ma—ie ang—y..."

"Ammi is not angry. Alright, you want uncle to stay with us tonight? Then fine, uncle will stay here with you, but only today.", Aditya turned to look at her. "Now, will Marie baby forgive ammi?", she asked, holding her ears.

She peaked at her mother pouting for her forgiveness, making her smile. "Ammi besh—t!", saying so, she dropped a kiss on her cheek, still not ready to move away from the man's hold. "Ma—ie s—eepy.", she rubbed her eyes tiredly and leaned her head back down on his shoulder.

"Sure, baby... let's go...", she gave him a thin smile as she led them to their building, a sudden feeling of restlessness growing in her.

As they were inside the flat, she switched the lights on and he had a quick look at the surroundings, admiring the small yet cosy place they called home.

"Woh... I am sorry. Marie can be very adamant at times... and I told her that you would stay here, without even asking your opinion.", she said hesitantly.

"Don't be. I didn't mind her.", he politely said, while checking their house. "In fact, I was more worried about you... I mean, me staying here for the night... will it be okay?"

"Well... you are not any stranger. Moreover, you helped us with Mariam today, and I am very thankful to you. This is just, a small expression of our gratitude.", replied she in her softest voice.

He chuckled. "Please, I was standing there like a garden gnome. I didn't even understand anyone talking to me but you. I just... did what I was able to. That's it."

"And that matters a lot... so, thanks.", replied she.

Giving him a brief smile, she walked to the grey sofa, pulling the leather-made strip as the piece of furniture turned into a bed, while he was looking at her amused of her talks.

Standing straighter, she took a deep breath and encouraged herself not to stammer in front of the man. "By the way, this place must not look big... like yours. Just a two-BHK flat, so...", she continued, a little embarrassed to push him to stay in their small place.

"Yet it still feels like being home, unlike that 'big' place...", he whispered as he stood closer, caressing the kid's back.

Clearing her throat, "You can lay her down here, I will get her changed after showing your room...", she was suddenly stopped when he talked. "Why don't we just take her to bed straightly? She is already asleep."

"You will sleep in the room, so we are settling here. I will change her here only.", she explained.

"There is no need for that, I can take the sofa. Really, Zoya, I am fine. It will be uncomfortable for the little one. You both rest in the bedroom.", he took over as he smiled. "But Aditya..."

"Maine keh diya, na? Mariam and you will sleep inside, this couch is more than enough for me. Now, I will help you with the little girl till the room, and I don't want to hear anything.", as he said so, she reluctantly agreed and turned around to reach their bedroom. (I told you, didn't I?)

He softly put the kid to bed as she rolled to find a comfortable position, making him smile. "She looks like a fast sleeper."

Zoya chuckled at his words. "She is, for sure. She will fall asleep on her own within a few, sparing me to sing lullabies with my croaked voice.", teased Zoya while pushing her soft baby hair back.

"Rubbish! You have such a beautiful voice, and you sing so well. I still remember you singing songs for me to sleep through phone, during college times..."

He abruptly stopped realizing how much he was again blabbering, when he saw her nervous face. "Umm... I mean... I am sorry, I just meant randomly..."

"T—that's okay...", saying so, she went to get a pair of fresh night clothes for the kid and started changing her.

Not willing to make her feel any weirder, he moved a little far away and started checking on the decor around the room, the various photographs of the mother and daughter filling the room with joy, and a peaceful warmth. Mariam was undoubtedly a little version of Zoya, whether by the appearance, or by their beautiful nature. Innocent, yet full of mischievousness, and smartness. Stubborn, although caring about the others.

And as he was smiling at the different frames, he noticed something which made him a little curious.

•••

She brought the extra duvet out and set the new bed in the living room, when she heard the common bathroom door opening. She turned to look at Aditya wearing her father's spare kurta she had kept dry cleaned from their last visit, so that it came to use in such emergency situations. Though she wondered if any man would have ever been allowed, him not being any man.

"Well... I guess, this fits...", he gave a sarcastic remark as he rolled the sleeves, making her chuckle. "It does suit you. You should wear such pathani suits more, you look grea..."

She closed her eyes, biting her tongue in discrete as she looked away embarrassed, while he smirked internally at her praising comment and walked to the sofa. "Any help?", he cleared his throat.

"No, thank...", Zoya tried tucking the white sheet over the couch when she felt someone pulling it from the other edge, as she silently let Aditya give her a hand. "I won't judge you for asking help, Zoya."

She snorted. "It's just... doing it all alone for years has given enough experience, but anyways, thanks.", she said casually as he narrowed his brows. "Why? Isn't your... isn't your husband helpful, with chores?"

She stopped pushing the pillow into the fresh cover, being a little perplexed by the sudden question. Though she had expected the topic to come up somehow, yet it troubled her.

He noticed her blank facial expressions, silent all by sudden and got conscious. "Umm, I am sorry... maybe I should not have gone too intimate... about your personal..."

"I... I am a widow.", her words broke his thoughts as he looked at her, eyes wider in shock. "W—what? Wi... widowed?"

They were seated on the sofa bed, keeping a safe distance between each other, as she carried on her storytelling.

"We were married for two years, and the world started questioning us for not having a child yet. We both were concerned about it, yet I was the one pointed to. With time it was getting worse, and so was our bonding, him staying out and ignorant, while I... I felt, as if I had learnt nothing about that life, months spent in that house. Even surrounded by people, I was feeling so alone... until one day, spring was finally to come in our meaningless life.", she continued as he was listening to her, noticing the hint of a smile on her lips. "Mariam's piece of news was like the opening of a whole new and fresh chapter. Everyone seemed so happy at home, so did he.", she said as she took a deep breath. "We all were celebrating and waiting for the months to go by for the kid to come, and they did move forward, in a slow pace."

"Mashallah! You are looking gorgeous, Zoya beta.", exclaimed Roshnaq as she clipped the veil on her head, staring at her glowing face. "May Allah always keep the evil eyes far away from you, and our little one.", saying so, she dropped a kiss on top of her head, Zoya grinning at her excited mother. "Always keep smiling!"

"As long as you will be there, I don't have any reason not to.", she simply replied before kissing her mother's palms.

Zoya was brought out to the living room and sat on the royal chair, the guests sending blessings and prayers as they admiringly looked at the young woman.

"Wow, Zoya! You look so beautiful. Guess someone inside is enjoying all the celebrations.", commented a middle-aged woman from their neighborhood as she did the ritual blessing, handing over her gift to the unborn and their mother.

"Of course, Fareena aunty. After all, so many people have come to welcome the baby.", Noor answered as she stood next to her sister.

"Get married soon, so that you also could get so many gifts.", saying so, the ladies chuckled at the young lady who became all red. "Aunty, please... I am still too young to get married. Don't even think of it."

The ladies' function happened gloriously, the venue hall filled with laughs, talks, dancing, the women enjoying the festivities, when they suddenly heard the phone ringing. The housekeeper attended the caller before handing over to Mrs. Ahmed. When the cheerful ambiance suddenly broke with the loud scream of agony of a mother.

"Baby, you don't worry. Ammi promises you, that she will never let you feel bad in life. Your abbu is... is no more, but we will always remind him in our hearts.", she smilingly talked to her unborn, knowing they might listen if not answer, and caressing her bump when she felt the movements, making her heart flutter.

An eerie silence filled the room, letting the seconds go by, until he broke out of his thoughts and cleared his throat. "I... I am sorry... for you and your family's loss."

She sighed. "Fate is just a bunch of roses, that you enjoy growing in the garden of life. You would admire the layers of petals beautifully aligned, and give in to their unique scent. But when your hand will reach to pick and feel them, the hidden thorns below sting you, bringing you back out of your dreamworld. No matter how much you wish to see it through rose-tinted glasses, the truth is darker than it.", replied she warming her arms with soft caresses.

"You still came out stronger although these hurdles, and that makes me relieved. Raising a child on your own, in a far away foreign place, is not just someone's cup of tea.", he faced her and smiled, the feeling of pride of having known, —or precisely loved, the lady by his side.

I just could never let people hurt my daughter at any cost.

She was thinking when he broke her moment, gently holding his hand on her shoulder. "What happened, Zoya? Are you okay?"

She cleared her throat. "Y—yeah... I am okay... urm, it's getting late... I think we shall go to sleep as well... Good night!", she quickly changed the topic and was to move to the room when she stopped feeling her wrist held gently, as she stayed quiet, waiting.

"Although I wish to deny it, I cannot help but admit it... that everything happened... because of me.", he stated making her look up with frown. "If only... I wouldn't have left for... for our families' threats, and have left you... you wouldn't have struggled... alone..."

She shook her head in denial. "It's not at all what you think, Aditya. You... all what happened, had to. It's how our fate was written. Meeting you, falling for my college best friend... then taking him away from my life... a marriage that... that left me broken... I was just fated to struggle, though I am thankful to whatever it had taught me.", she smiled reassuringly.

"If not for the understanding parents, and sister, I would have never got throughout. And most specially, His angel in the form of my daughter, who has become the only source of happiness in my life. However, even that seems not to be permanent.", saying so, she dropped her face down and whimpered when he pulled her in his arms.

He blinked the tears discreetly. "Shh... don't think like that, okay? Mariam is totally fine, and she will certainly live a very long and healthy life. You will see it by yourself.", he rubbed her forearm warmly as he spoke.

Still in his embrace, she raised her head to look up at him. "She will always be with me, won't she?", she asked, tears blurring her eyesight.

"She will. You both will be fighting for her children's names, and then her grandkids' as well. It's a promise.", and he made her chuckle, relaxing her a little, even if the both of them knew this would be daydreaming. "Just keep smiling, Zoya. For her, yourself, your family, and... and m—me.", he whispered the last words to himself when he dropped a warm kiss on her forehead.

As minutes passed by, they stood rooted as they realized the proximity all by sudden, and awkwardly shy, she moved her eyes away from him while he kept staring at her. She dropped her arms off his back, giving him the cue to pull away ; nevertheless, he did not let her go but cupped her face gently. She rolled her eyes up to him and innocently faced his intense gaze, crying for her pain.

"I am sorry... I am really sorry, Zoya.", he whispered to her and leaned his forehead on hers, closing their eyes taking into the moment fanning the other with their warm breaths.

Having each other so close, after years, grew strong emotions inside their hearts, as he smoothly leaned down onto her to brush his lips against her soft-plum ones, he deep inside wished to relish again. And as they were about to feel the other, his phone vibrated in his shirt pocket, breaking their emotional moment. She immediately stepped away in embarrassment and wiped her tears, as he was to say something. "I..."

"I... I am sorry. I should have... controlled myself... I... sorry!", and saying so, she ran to her bedroom, closing the door behind her, while the man stood rooted, leaving her to take some time.

•••

She leaned back on the door and released a deep sigh, eyes closed as she rewinded what was to happen in the heated instant, mentally scolding herself for having broken her line.

"Zoya, you go and meet him. I will wait for you, here. Make it fast."

Wearing a burqa, the pregnant lady reached the huge mansion along with a friend and, reading the golden nameplate on the entrance wall, she confirmed the address. She noticed the crowd in the place as the evening opened its curtains, guests and relatives joining the probable function held at Hoodas'. She slowly mingled with the entrants and tried to have a glimpse of his, but all the heads she had seen in the dark seemed unknown. Until, she recognized Anjana Hooda, walking out in a rush holding her phone.

"Yes, Latha. Have you reached closer?", Zoya hid herself behind the people, hearing the woman's strong voice so close to her. "Alright, make it fast. Adi will be here any minute, and your daughter should be presentable in front of him.", hearing his name, she snapped her head up. "I hope they mingle fast, through the party... Alright, we will be waiting."

Saying so, she cut the call and turned back to the venue, when she stopped feeling someone hidden behind her. Though the darkness did not help her see, and dropping the thought, she entered the mansion. Meanwhile, Zoya's eyes teared up, knowing Aditya was to move on, and she realized she had no more right on him. She felt stupid for even coming here, in first place. Why did she think he would not have married someone, when she herself married someone, got impregnated, and now stood on the street with a single child in her responsibility?

Cupping her mouth, she turned her feet and ran towards the gate, her feet unstoppable on the streets of a busy city, before she unknowingly stumbled on a rock. Her eyes widened in fear, when a safe arm held her up, not letting her fall to the ground. She closed her eyes thanking her Allah for sending His angel, when the savior asked, "Are you okay, madam?"

She felt the erratic heartbeats hearing the voice, and as he helped her stand up, she held her face hidden, not willing to meet his stare. "Ma'am, I am asking you, are you okay?"

She slowly looked up and met the light brown greyish pair of eyes, staring back concerned for the passenger he noticed to be in a rush, her protruding baby bump wasn't left unnoticed. Years she had last seen this precious face she once cherished adoring in college, listening to his manly voice, while he would keep talking and playing with her hands. Seeing him again, tears rolled down on their own as he looked confused. "A... are you hurt, ma'am? Shall I take you to the hospital? I..."

He was suddenly interrupted when a younger man wearing specs came to him. "Bhai, what are you doing here? Mom is looking for you."

Aditya sighed and was about to check on the unknown lady when he realized she had disappeared. "Arey!Where is she gone? And those eyes...", she peaked at his confused state as he kept looking around for the mysterious woman, when he shook his thoughts off his mind with a deep sigh, before moving inside.

"What were you doing, Zoya? How could you have come out of your... everything is no more the same between you both. He has moved on, and so have you. So should you."

Telling herself the same, she walked to the bed led by the silvery moonlight through the curtains, and sat looking at her little girl in a profound slumber.

Zoya was having her lonely moment, seated in the lawn enjoying the peaceful evening, when Noor stepped outside.

"Appi, since I missed all my classes these last three days, I needed to get Alya's notes and she asked me to meet her in fifteen in front of the library. I promise I won't be long, though... you know, we never know, we might end up talking for a little longer while....", she sheepishly smiled.

Zoya grinned at her baby sister's hesitant tone. "I know, I know... I appreciate you explaining but you don't have to. Don't worry, I can stay alone for a hour or two. Not that... anything would happen to me... again...", she finished in a whisper. "Appi...", she started in a warning tone.

"You go, I will be fine. Take care, huh?", she reassured her sister and the latter smiled. "I promise, I will be back as soon as possible."

Saying so, she quickly pecked on the bump and softly rubbed it. "Don't disturb your mom much, baby. I am leaving my sister under your responsibility, okay? And then khala will tell you lots of stories.", making Zoya chuckle.

Left alone at home, she released a deep sigh and caressed her unborn kid, a smile on her lips as she felt the soft movements reacting to her touch. Thinking of taking a nap until then, she went back inside towards the rooms upstairs, when the doorbell echoed in the whole house.

She slowly walked to the door to fall on a group of men, seemingly not reassuring to her. "Yes? W... who are you?"

"Zoya Rehaan Ahmed?", the one facing her inquired as she nodded. "Ji... it's me... w... who are you?"

"Well, we are sure you have heard of Maalik bhai. Your husband came to us six months ago to borrow some money, for some emergency. We just needed back what we have given."

Her eyes widened and she slowly distanced. "My hus... why would he take money... You might b... be mistaking...", she stammered in fear. An evil smirk grew on his lips as he continued. "I think... you would want to sit comfortably while hearing it."

"I... I can't...", she cursed for her fate to have left her again in a mess. "P... please, come la... later... when abbu will be home...", she tried calming herself gently holding her bump.

She was about to close the door when it got pushed back to stay open, making her more nervous as she stared back at the man.

"I were you, I wouldn't dare to do this, Ms. Zoya Siddiqui.", saying so with a crooked smile, he stepped inside, followed by the others.

She tightly held her shawl, crumbling the wool-made cloth, as the man took a seat on the sofa, the others standing behind like some guards, when he looked up at her. "Why are you still there, now? Come, sit there comfortably! We have lots to discuss about."

She shook her head in no when his eyes turned serious as he sat straighter. "I don't like repeating myself."

Once the lady seated, he continued."See, what we do is pure business, we lend money to people expecting to be paid back on time, with a certain amount of interest as concluded. And when someone starts breaking the rules, it doesn't end well."

"W—what do you mean?", she asked all the more confused while the man looked at her blankly.

"I shall not remind you where your husband ended to be.", the blunt answer pricked her heart, still not completely over the suddenness of the happenings. "All that... to satisfy his manly needs. Which I don't understand why, after seeing you.", as he stared at her.

She flashed red awkward and irritated by the talks. "Ex... excuse me? Please, speak properly about him...", she started in a warning tone when he leaned forward, scaring the innocent lady, losing her voice.

His elbows resting on his knees, he entwined his hands, while staring at the woman. "I don't think I can't talk anymore pro—per—ly, about a cheater."

"You... you are crossing the limits, bhaisaab... better you go away from here right now...", she was interrupted when he threw a bunch of pictures on the coffee table, pulling her attention. He leaned back on the sofa, a leg resting on the other matching the smug look on his face, as she gasped. She moved her trembling hand to the photograph displayed on top of the pile and brought it closer to her face. Without giving any other reaction from her widened eyes, she moved to the next pieces of art, that cleared the first one's confusing story. A tale of secrets, betrayal, unfolded truth.

"Noor, why is the door...", the silence got broken as her mother in came, slowing her steps down falling on the unexpected guests. A worried mother rushed to her daughter who stood still on the couch, and tried waking her up, as she caressed her head. "Zoya, beta look at me. Your ammi is here..."

"I guess, you might be Mrs... oh, my bad! Ms. Zoya's mother. Good!", the man sarcastically smiled at the woman and the latter, giving a quick glance at the people, she turned her kid, rubbing her arm while side hugging her.

Waseem walked inside within a few and frowned at the scenery in confusion. "Who are you? And what are you doing in my house? What do you want with us?", he asked.

"Waseem sahab, why getting angry? We only came here for something that belonged to us, that's it. For the prize... of a truth."

As he finished, Zoya unconsciously crushed the photographs in her hand, making her mother look down. She slowly took in her hold and lifted them in front of her face. Shock filling her face as she took in their meaning. Her hand immediately caressed her hair as Waseem shared a look with his wife, before staring at their girl in worry.

"What are you saying, Waseem? Again money... do you think giving them whatever they demand will erase the pain in our daughter's life? Zoya has already seen enough, now should her kid face it too?", Roshnaq argued with her husband as the old couple were conversing in the study room, after having made sure Zoya was asleep in her room.

"Then what do you want me to do? Let anyone hurt our Zoya and that unborn child? No! None can near my kids, and ruin their happiness any longer.", he asked back as he took a deep sigh. "Cheaters! If only I knew Rehaan would turn out to act so, I would have never sent my little girl to him..."

She sighed. "I hope you realize, judging someone as per your thoughts and ideologies doesn't always represent the reality.", she said, stressing on the words.

Noor unwillingly heard their parents' talks, as she was getting her water carafe filled from the kitchen downstairs, and sadly walked along the corridor towards her room, when she noticed her sister's sleeping form from behind through the small space.

"Poor appi. Allah, please keep my sister happy, from now on. She deserves all the best things in the world, and even you know that.", she sent a silent prayer before closing the room door.

Unaware the elder daughter was laid sleepless, as the voices in the house fell to her ears.

She sat at her desk and stared at the piece of paper placed on the pad, before she picked a ball pen from the holder to draft her mindset.

"Abbu, ammi, Noor,

At the time you would be reading this note, I would have already gone away from this house. I know that this decision of mine would prick you all deeply, but let's say circumstances were not in my favor to give me the courage to face you.

However, I can no more act as being just a vulnerable daughter. As the mother of my unborn child, I want my baby to have a peaceful life, and I fear this place is no more welcoming for a widowed, broken, betrayed, single mother. I felt the need to move looking for a better place, and I couldn't take you with me in this fight as well. Being the daughter of this house, I have disturbed your peace and hurt you all enough because of my issues. I just cannot hurt you more. One day I might regret, you would say, but then, until that day, I want to live without any more regrets, I would say.

In fact, I guess this should be one opportunity Allah has given for me to prove myself as a woman, a future mother, your daughter, and not to stay dependent on you for my whole life. Enough of me depending on people, I shall learn to live on my own. I want to face all those hurdles that are to teach me real life, and not live in a happy bubble forever, which would one day be source of pain.

I have always thought I would stay in my hometown... my own Mussoorie, that has the most beautiful memories of my childhood, but I guess Allah wants me to explore more. And I should respect His decision, agreeing to it."

She arranged her clothes in a bag, along with her documents and important things for the long journey that was waiting for her.

"Do not worry for me, I will soon find a shelter, and call you once settled. Until then, I might not be able to contact you. Within a week, I will send you another letter, updating you of my well-being.

I will miss you all. Please take care of yourself, and if possible, forgive me for my decision.

Always yours,

Zoya."

She sniffed and wiped the tears down on her cheek as she was laid on her side, the memories of her life left behind haunting her nights keeping her sleep-deprived, until she felt something on her waist. She looked down and smiled at the little arm reaching for her mother and, slowly turning not disturbing her sleeping baby, she faced the kid, caressing the back of her finger on her face.

"Ammi...", she mumbled unconscious, while the mother pecked her tiny nose, before pulling her in her embrace, her warmth helping her to find some peace.

Unaware, the man was about to spend a sleepless night once again, guilt being such an enemy to someone's conscience.

~•~•~•~

End of Adhura Alvida — Shot Two

Share your views in the comment section, and if you like it, then color the little star in orange.

© a shrucreationsx' pen work

~•~•~•~

Hola, la familia!

Hope you're all being safe, healthy, and careful. Situation got better at some places, while it worsened at some others, and all what we can do is pray, act as per the given precautions and rules, so that no worse damages breaks the population again. Not only because of the virus but there are many other issues disturbing the world, and I really hope that good days come back soon, very soon.

Coming to the story, I have nothing else to say but a BIG SORRY to the readers. I have taken almost two months to post the second shot, many would have even forgotten the story (because I have also), and let me be honest that I am still not satisfied with the changes. I need not to precise how much more unsatisfied I would have before.

Anyhow, I am finally done with Zoya's flashbacks. Kinda made me blah with all the pain and crying. Yeah I can hear you all asking "then, why?" Well, it's just that I get some sudden ideas, that I would feel inspired by, but then lose the spark, and end up... just blah. I hope you guys still could have made it up, and yes, I hope I would make it faster for the next part. *fingers crossed*

Anyways... I just hope you all stay safe and healthy, once again. Prayers and condolences to the families who would have lost their dear ones because of this pandemic, and prayers for everyone to stay good.

Until next time,

With love,

Shuruthy.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Falling into the Chaos Ani

Любовные романы

1.5K 148 14
When Zoya Siddiqui's step-grandmother died, she left Zoya a tea garden under two conditions. First, Zoya has to move home to the small town of Musso...
80.4K 6.4K 54
This is a Fan-Fiction of AdiYa of Bepannaah. Aditya Hooda, an aspiring Chartered Accountant. He owns a CA firm and living alone in Bangalore. Zoya Si...
12.4K 605 9
One Shots on my favourite couple Adiya from my favourite show Bepannaah. This is my way to get over the abrupt end of our beloved show. I am just a...
117K 9.9K 60
Aditya Hooda is a sincere police officer, who doesn't believe in destiny and holds himself totally responsible for anything right or wrong which happ...