Little Rose

By va_18x

Book #1 of the Rose series: Everly is a 4 almost 5 year old being raised by her older brothers. Not everythi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 15

16.8K 415 62
By va_18x

The three of us finally arrived at the house where two very anxious brothers were waiting. Ben refused to let me walk since he didn't want to risk opening the stitches again, even though Alex said walking wouldn't do anything and I'm 100% sure Ben knows that since he's a doctor/surgeon himself.

The three of us walked in and were immediately bombarded with both Elijah and Austin.

"What did he say?"

"How is she?"

"Is that blood I see?!"

"Why so quiet?"

"I can't believe the swings collapsed?"

"I need to sit down?"

"I'm getting too old!"

"I think I'm having a heart attack!"

The both of them shout one after the other. The questions didn't seem to be stopping anytime soon so I decided to close my eyes and try take a nap. Key work, try.

The second I felt sleepy, I was pulled away from Ben and into someone else's arms.

"My poor baby." I heard Austin mumble and he hugged me tightly.

"Austiinnnn." I whined. I really need a nap.

"Sorry honey. Nap time it is." He said as he carried me upstairs cradling me in his arms.

I was quite tired from everything that happened today. I couldn't wait to take a nap and dream. I love dreams so much. You can do whatever you want in them and you don't get into any trouble.

"You gave us quite the scare today." Austin said softly as he helped me change into a pair of pyjamas and tucked me in bed.

"It's not like I asked the swings to colpapse on me." I said with a yawn.

"It's collapse honey." He said with a laugh.

"Night night." I mumbled.

"Goodnight baby." He said as he tucked in Mr Bananas next to me and kissed my forehead before leaving my room.

It wasn't long till I fell asleep. The only thing that was really on my mind was careers week in 2 weeks. A week where we go to our parents or guardians jobs and see what it's like. Since I'm with Austin all the time anyway, I spend 2 days with Elijah and 3 days with Ben. It's usually a lot of fun. Sometimes Elijah let's me drive with him in his police car and we catch bad guys. That only happened once though. Ben shouted at him and said it wasn't 'safe'. Pft.

Ben's POV:

"I made a few phone calls, and I'm definitely suing the government. They're supposed to make sure nothing like this happens." I grumbled angrily as Austin came and sat down on the couch in front of me.

"I still can't believe the swing set just broke." Elijah said.

"Neither can I." Austin and Aiden said at the same time.

I let out a sigh before leaning back into the couch and closing my eyes. I feel like my hearts going to fall right out of my chest any second. I still need to move around a few surgeries because of careers week. I love spending time with the little monster at work. Everyone seems to love her too so I shouldn't have a problem. Every year my colleagues who are more like family, help with careers week. Every time Everly can't be with me because of a surgery or if a patient is too gruesome for a little kid, the one of the other surgeons take her for a while. Sometimes even Richard helps out too, the chief of surgery. 

I was soon snapped out of my thoughts with the ringing of the doorbell. Who could it possibly be?

Just as I was about to get up, Aiden beat me to it and answered the door.

"How is she?" Jenny asked panicked as she walked into the living room.

"Holly just filled me in on what happened." She said.

"She's fine, a few of her stitches opened but we got that taken care of." I told her as she sat down next to me.

"Where is she now?" She asked.

"Napping." Aiden grumbled.

"Please tell me you're not letting this go. What the fuck Ben?! The swings snapped. How the fuck does that even happen!?" She exclaimed.

"Oh there is no way in hell I'm letting this go." I said angrily.

"I spoke to a good friend of mine. He's going to help us out." I told her as to which she replied with a nod.

"Dinners at 7. Don't be late." She told us. Right now it was only 5. Everly could nap for two hours. Let's hope she's not cranky.

We usually have dinner over at Jenny's a few times a week. Mostly because we're usually too busy to cook and can't cook as good as she can. She never complains though, she loves having us over. She's too good to us.

We spent the next two hours doing our own thing, I played on the PlayStation with Aiden while Austin graded homework and Elijah went for a run.

By the time it was 6:45 Everly made her own way downstairs holding Mr bananas with one arm and rubbing her eyes with the other. She has her adorable little bed her and came and sat on my lap while I was playing COD.

"Good morning." I said softly as I kissed her head making her snuggle closer into my chest.

She was 4 years old that behaved 14 most of the time, however when she's ill or sleepy, she's the biggest baby. I don't mind it one bit, she's already growing up too quick and I don't think I can take it. She still has a good 10 years till the boy stage so I think I'm good for now, however I know these 10 years are going to fly by.

"We're going to Jenny's for dinner." I whispered as she replied with a nod.

"Aid, switch the PlayStation off, we should leave now." Austin said as he walked into the living room.

"We still have 10 minutes. They live next door not in another state." Aiden replied as he rolled his eyes.

"It's better to be early than late. Come on kids." He said with his hands on his hips.

Austin is the mother hen of the house, he cooks and cleans and makes sure we're all 'behaving'. He behaves more like the eldest than I do.

The 5 of us made our way to Jenny's house and ate dinner. I could tell Everly was still tired even though dinner was over with. I'm glad though, most of the time she's extremely energised after her naps and doesn't sleep for hours. It's not very common where she's tired even after her nap.

Anyway, dinner was the same as usual, us adults spoke about adult things and mostly about what happened in the park today. Alex is a lawyer and I was originally going to ask him for help, but he already has a huge case on his hands, I didn't want to bother him with something like this. The kids all rushed off to play doctors with Elena and Evan since they were sick and Aiden 'supervised'. You can argue with me all you want but I know Aiden enjoys playing with the kids.

Two hours later the kids were all exhausted, we all said our goodbyes and left with a very sleepy Everly fighting to keep her eyes open.

"You have school tomorrow. Night night princess." I said as I tucked her in and watched her immediately knock out.

I kissed her forehead before switching on her nightlight and leaving her door slightly open. I made my way to my office after checking up on Aiden.

Letting out a sigh, I sat down on my chair and started my extra research on my clinical trial. Yes, clinical trial. I've been spending most of my time in my lab at the hospital trying to perfect a formula that tells informs you about everything you need to know regarding your medical history. For example, whether or not you will get cancer, if you'll get Alzheimer's etc. I've got a small team working on it and yes Athena is among those people.

Ready for tomorrow? - Athena

She texted, tomorrow is the first trial on our first candidate.

I'm more ready. Kinda nervous
though 😬 - Ben

A couple seconds later my phone rang.

Athena.

I rolled my eyes with a soft chuckle before picking up my phone and answering the call.

"Stop being such a dumbass. It'll be fine." She said through the phone.

"I know I know. But it's my first clinical trial, of course I'm going to be nervous." I replied as I rolled my eyes.

"Don't you roll your eyes at me mister." She said sternly.

How the hell did she know?

"What happened doctor Carter, cat got your tongue." She teased.

"haha very funny." I said with a small smile on my face.

"Karev told me what happened today. How's Ev?" She asked worriedly.

"She's fine. She was really tired today. I put her down a couple hours ago actually." I told her.

"I can't believe a fucking swing set broke." She grumbled angrily.

"I know. It was too scary." I mumbled.

"She's fine now. You don't need worry. She'll be okay." She said softly.

"I'll see you tomorrow. I need to check up on Ev before heading to bed." I said with a small smile even though she couldn't see my face.

"Goodnight Ben." She said

"Night Owl." I said with a laugh to which she replied with a growl before hanging up.

She hates that name.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6K 1.6K 29
Due to lack of responses, I am keeping this book on Hold UNTIL I complete Epiphany... For now, full focus will be on that book and after that, I will...
1.9K 100 48
Zarahs just a normal 19 year old girl who has had to raise her brother for 3 years after her parents died when she was 16. But that all will change w...
547K 7.7K 17
//Higest ranking: #4 in princess// #1 in kind// #2 in alone// ...
699 182 46
In the midst of overwhelming sorrow and isolation, Everly, a determined 17-year-old, sets out to rediscover her inner strength and identity. She stri...