Standing Outside the Fire

TheQuietHufflepuff द्वारा

They averted the apocalypse, but, as usual, there are more issues and monsters to face. Sam, Dean and Franki... अधिक

Aesthetic and Playlist
I
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
II
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34
35
36
37
38
39
III
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
IV
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72

33

36 3 0
TheQuietHufflepuff द्वारा

[The Born-Again Identity]

EXT. RAILWAY - NIGHT

A figure ran down a railway track. They left the track and bumped into a man walking alongside it.

"Hey! Dick!" the man yelled.

The person running turned. Sam started running again, went through a gat, and walked along a heavily-graffitied alleyway. A woman was buying drugs from a dealer. The woman left and Sam walked closer to the dealer.

"Dude," the dealer said. "Get the hell away from me."

Sam rubbed a hand over his face, looking exhausted.

The dealer spoke again. "You speak friggin' English?"

"It's okay," Sam replied. "No one's after me."

"Why are you running up in here like that?"

"Just... Just leave me alone." He slid down to the ground with his back against a post.

"What the hell did you take, anyway?"

"Nothing."

"Shut up."

"No, he's telling the truth," Hallucifer said. "Burned through that last beer hours ago. Right about the time Dean and Saoirse passed out. Come on, Sam. Tell the nice tweaker. You'd be sleeping by now if the devil would just leave you alone for five seconds. Stupid Satan. Chasing you all the way to... Where the hell are we?"

Sam held his face in his hands. "Gah! I just need some rest."

"Hey. Sam. Try the hand scar."

"Ugh!"

"How many days have you been up, anyway?" the dealer asked.

"Four," Hallucifer replied. "Oh. Wait." He looked at his watch. "Scratch that. Five."

Sam got to his feet and started walking away.

"Hey, hold up!" the dealer called. "Wait! Hold up!" Sam turned. "You can't to knock out? I can knock you out."

Sam and the dealer were asleep in the front seats of a car. Something shattered the windshield, spraying glass over Sam and he got out. A bar was protruding through the shattered windshield, but when Sam looked again, the windshield was intact.

Hallucifer appeared behind Sam while singing and making hand motions. "Good morning to you, good morning to you..." Sam walked away, "...our day is beginning, so good morning to you." He called after Sam. "I thought you liked my singing!"

Hallucifer walked just behind Sam who was breathing heavily and rapidly as Hallucifer spoke. "Pills? You do get that you're just bringing free drugs to the party, right? I am inside you, Sam. Hey. Sam. What's the longest a normal human being has ever gone without sleep? 11 days." He chuckled. "Hey. You always wanted to be normal, Sam!"

Sam ran away from Hallucifer.

"If you are, you'll be dead in a week!" Hallucifer yelled.

Sam ran in front of a car, which hit him and sent him up onto the windshield, over the car and to the ground.

INT. HOSPITAL - DAY

A doctor was working at his desk. Dean opened the door and entered, followed by a nurse and Franceesca.

"Okay, sir, Miss? You can't just barge in here without an appointment!" the nurse told the two.

"They said, "Talk to Kadinsky." You Kadinsky?" Dean asked.

"You need to be scheduled!"

"Well, then, schedule us! He was in a car crash. Why the hell can't we see him?"

"You're Sam Smith's brother," Dr. Kadinsky realized. "Who's the young woman?"

Dean took Francesca's hand. "My fiancée. Now what's going on?""

Dr. Kadinsky turned to the nurse. "It - it's fine. Thank you. Really." The nurse left. "Sam was admitted. He was treated for a broken rib and lacerations."

"Okay," Dean said. "That's not too bad. And?"

"And... he's on our locked psychiatric floor."

Dean and Francesca looked surprised before he said, "I mean, he's had some trouble..."

"So you're aware that Sam is experiencing a full-blown psychotic episode?"

"Psychotic? Come on. I mean, the guy's... It's not like the guy's freakin' Norman Bates."

"No, I'm sure he isn't. We need to determine whether his state was brought on by insomnia or whether the insomnia is a symptom of his condition. Do you two understand? So that we can figure out how to treat him."

Francesca frowned. "Well, all both of us can say is that the sleep thing - is kinda new."

"Right. Well... we've pumped him about as full of sedatives as safely as we can. So far, he won't go under. I've never seen anything like it."

Dr. Kadinsky pushed a button to enter Ward D2. A sign on the wall and the door read 'High Security Area'. He, Dean and Francesca walked down the hallway in the ward.

INT. SAM'S HOSPITAL ROOM

Hallucifer was sitting on a desk, playing with a piece of string. Sam was on the bed, dressed in a white T-shirt and white hospital pants.

"I'm just sayin'. Back when you had no soul..." Hallucifer began as Dr. Kadinsky, Dean and Francesca appeared at the door, "...you never had to sleep." Dean entered the room, pulling Francesca in with him. "Ah, Mrs. and Mr. Helpless. Pull up a six-pack, buddy. Get some more muscle, little girl."

"How are you feeling?" Dean and Francesca asked.

"Maybe you two should cancel my UFC fight," Sam replied.

"Yeah. Keep that sense of humor, Sam," Hallucifer commented. "It'll get you through this."

Dean sat on the end of Sam's bed before he said, "Sam, we're gonna find a way to help you."

Sam exhaled and looked away.

"Now, that sounded a little cynical," Hallucifer stated.

Sam looked at his brother and friend. "I don't think it's out there, Dean, Frankie."

Francesca shook her head. "We don't know that."

"We know better than most. It's all snake oil. Last faith healer we hooked up with had a reaper on a leash. Remember?"

Dean stood before he said, "Yeah, Sam, I remember."

"I'm just saying..."

"What? That you don't want our help?"

"No, I'm just saying... don't do this to yourselves."

"Sam, if we don't find something-"

"Then I'll die."

"Oh, you're upsetting me," Hallucifer said.

"Dean, we knew this was coming."

"No," Dean retorted.

"When you put my soul back..."

"No."

"Cas warned you about all the crap it would-"

"Screw Cas!! Quit being Dalai frickin' Yoda about this, okay?" He punched his hand with his fist. "Get pissed!"

Sam sighed. "I'm too tired. This is what happens when you throw a soul into Lucifer's dog bowl. And you think there's just gonna be some cure out there?" He looked at his brother and friend sadly. Dean nodded and bit his lips and Francesca took his hand.

"Oh, you guys are having a moment," Hallucifer realized.

Dean and Francesca left the room.

Francesca placed a hand on Dean's cheek. "We'll find him help. Just have a little faith, Dee."

INT. HOUSE - DAY

Dean and Francesca were looking through a journal and talking on the phone.

"I'm a friend of Bobby Singer's," Dean said. "I'm looking for some info. If you could, uh, call me back. 785-555-0128. Thanks."

He hung up and crossed a name off a list.

INT. HOSPITAL - DAY

The nurse took Sam's blood pressure and temperature as Hallucifer looked on.

INT. HOUSE - DAY

Francesca spoke sarcastically into the phone. "Oh, I'm so sorry to have bothered you."

She shook her head and Dean crossed another name off the list. Eight names were crossed off.

INT. HOSPITAL - DAY

Hallucifer was reading from a large book. Sam was sitting on the edge of the bed, facing away from Hallucifer.

"Narcissistic personality disorder," Hallucifer said. "Okay, now, this one I could have."

The nurse entered. "Time for meds, Sam."

"Sets unrealistic goals. Check. But trouble keeping healthy relationships? Not so sure about that one. Thoughts?"

INT. HOUSE - DAY

Dean sighed and spoke into his phone. "Yeah. Thanks." He crossed out another name, closed the journal and picked up a smaller journal. He tossed the smaller journal onto a table as he walked to the refrigerator. As he took out the can, the journal fell to the ground. Saoirse, who was closest, picked it up. A business card for Mackey's Taxidermy had fallen out. On the back was a cell phone number.

Dean called the number. "Yeah, hi. Um... my name's Dean. I'm a friend of Bobby Singer's. I'm, uh, looking for some info. If you could call me back at 785-555-0128. Thanks." He hung up.

INT. HOSPITAL - DAY

Sam was sitting on the edge of his bed with his eyes closed.

Dr. Kadinsky entered. "Sam, how are we feeling today? Rib pain - scale of 1 to 10?"

"It's - it's not bad. Um," Sam cleared his throat, "three."

"You don't have to lie, Sam."

"I'm - I'm not."

"You've suffered terrible agony. I mean, your 10 must be astronomical."

"Yeah. I-I guess I have a high threshold."

"Yeah. But the worst is knowing that there's always a new 10."

"What are you talking about?"

"Well, I'm talking about the truly elegant torture I have prepared for you today..." he morphed into Lucifer, "...Sam."

Sam got up and turned away from Hallucifer. "Just stay the hell away from me."

"But it's - it's so nice chatting. Sam, I hate these one-sided conversations. Come on, buddy." He raised his fists. "Engage. Sam? You... me... locked ward. Is it me, or is this just like the Cage?"

EXT. HOSPITAL - NIGHT

INT. HOSPITAL - NIGHT

Sam was sitting on the bed, yawning. An orderly brought in a tray. Sam picked up a plate holding a sandwich and sat on the bed again. He took a bite, then looked down at the sandwich and saw that it was crawling with maggots. He dropped the sandwich to the floor and moved further up the bed. A girl wearing white hospital clothes with a bandage on her neck was watching from the doorway.

INT. HOUSE - NIGHT

Dean and Francesca were doing a search on laptops. Dean brought up the 'Amazing Grace Helping Friends' website. His phone rang.

INT. HOUSE - NIGHT / EXT. STREET - MACKEY'S TRUCK - NIGHT

"This is Dean," Dean said.

"Mackey," Mackey replied. "Calling you back. Hey. Real sorry about Bobby."

"Yeah, me too. You're on speaker, man." He turned the phone onto speaker so Francesca could hear.

"Look, what you called about - I might have something for you. There's this guy. He goes by the name "Emmanuel." He kind of roams. First started hearing about him a couple of months back. How he was healing the sick, curing the crazy."

"Uh-huh."

"Naturally, I think something in the milk ain't clean. Find this sucker, punch his clock. Right?"

"Right," Dean and Francesca said.

"Heard the best way to get to him is through his wife, Daphne, out in Colorado? So, I go. Tell her I'm going blind. It's true. My right eye's burnt out. She says, "Go home. He'll come." So, I go. I set every trap, every test in the book."

"That's what Frankie and I would have done," Dean replied.

"Emmanuel shows. He passes every one. There ain't nothing weird about this guy. Except... he's the real deal."

"What do you mean?"

"He touched me, and my eye was fixed. Look - I don't believe in much that don't suck your blood. But I wouldn't call you on a maybe."

INT. HOSPITAL - NIGHT

Sam was sitting on the edge of his bed, covering his ears and facing away from Hallucifer, who was talking through a loudspeaker.

""Oh, my head hurts. Make it stop!"" Hallucifer taunted.

"Hello?" the girl called from the doorway as she held out a chocolate bar to Sam. "You want this or not? I saw you yesterday." Sam took the chocolate bar. "You didn't look too happy with your in-flight meal."

"Thanks," Sam said. "Uh..."

"Marin. No problem. Sam. Right?"

The loudspeaker blared and Sam winced as Hallucifer said, ""I'm Sam.""

Sam covered his face and Marin left.

Hallucifer continued. ""Hello, Sam. Hi.""

EXT. HOUSE - DAY

Dean and Francesca walked up the stairs and the couple knocked. A man opened the door.

"Hi," Dean greeted. "Uh, is this, uh, Daphne Allen's house? We're looking for Emmanuel."

"Well, you found him," the man replied. "Daphne's resting. If you don't mind."

"Oh, yeah, sure."

Emmanuel stepped outside and closed the door.

Francesca licked her lips. "Uh... So, we were hoping, uh..."

Through the window, the two saw a woman who was bound to a chair and gagged. They looked back at Emmanuel, whose eyes turned black. The demon grabbed Francesca and threw her against the door, kicking Dean down.

"You were saying, Frankie?"

Francesca let out a wry laugh. "I'd think twice if I were you. You were aware that your boss issued a hands-off memo, right?"

The demon laughed. "Please. What have any of you done for him lately? Roman's head on a plate? No? Whatever Emmanuel is, Crowley's gonna want him - a lot more than he wants any of you these days. So..."

The demon started towards Francesca, who stabbed it with her knife. The demon yelled and light flashed from his eyes and mouth as he died. Saoirse pushed the demon down the stairs as she withdrew her knife. A man was standing at the bottom of the stairs. Dean and Francesca stared; it was the body of Jimmy Novak, Castiel's former vessel.

"What was that?" Emmanuel/Castiel asked.

INT. DAPHNE ALLEN'S HOUSE - DAY

Emmanuel/Castiel removed the gag and ropes binding Daphne. "That creature hurt you."

"I'm okay," Daphne replied. "But, Emmanuel... They were looking for you."

"It's okay." He turned to the hunters. "I'm Emmanuel." He held out his hands to the hunters and they shook it.

"Dean," Dean said. "I'm... Dean. And this is Frankie."

"Thank you for protecting my wife."

"Your wife. Right."

"I saw his face. His real face."

"He was a demon," Francesca clarified.

"A demon walked the Earth."

"Demons," Dean corrected. "Whackloads of 'em. You don't know about...?"

Daphne turned to her husband. "You saw the demon's true face." She turned to the hunters. "Emmanuel has very special gifts."

"Yeah," Dean said. "W-we've heard about that... Emmanuel. That you can heal people up."

"I seem to be able to help to a certain degree," Emmanuel commented. "What's your issue?"

"My brother."

INT. HOSPITAL - DAY

Sam was lying on the bed with his eyes closed. A firecracker popped, startling Sam. Wake Up Little Susie by the Everly Brothers played.

Hallucifer lit the firecracker and tossed it to the floor before saying, "You know, you're actually keeping it together better than I thought. Kind of... the way someone pinned under a bus keeps it together."

"None of this is real," Sam said.

"And yet... you know what really sucks?" He tossed another firecracker. "It doesn't really matter." He turned off the music. "Because I won. Your madness won. I mean, look at you. It's hard to believe you were the guy that saved the world once."

An orderly, Marcus, brought in a tray of food.

"Mmm!" Hallucifer hummed. "Sammy. What'll be today? Maggots again... Or, uh, tapeworm?"

"Thanks," Sam replied.

"Yeah, no problem," Marcus answered. "How you doing?"

"Uh... little better. That girl, uh, Marin..."

"Look, I'm not really supposed to talk about it. Let's just say, unlike you, she didn't get here 'cause of no accident."

Sam laid back on the bed. Hallucifer lit another firecracker and laughed as Sam flinched.

INT. CAR - NIGHT

Dean was driving with Emmanuel/Castiel in the passenger seat and Francesca in the back.

"So, Daphne - is that, uh, your wife?" Dean asked.

"She found me and cared for me," Emmanuel/Castiel replied.

"Meaning?"

"Oh, it's a... strange story. You two may not like it."

"Believe me, I will. And I think she will as well."

"A few months ago, she was hiking by the river, and I wandered into her path, drenched and confused, and... unclothed. I had no memory. She said... God wanted her to find me."

"So who named you Emmanuel?" Francesca questioned.

"Bouncybabynames.com."

"Well, it's working for you," Dean told him. "Must be weird not knowing who you are."

"Well, it's my life. And it's a good life."

"Yeah, well, what if you were some kind of... I don't know... bad guy?"

"Oh, I... don't feel like a bad person."

INT. HOSPITAL - DAY

Sam got up from the bed and stood at the window in his room.

"Man, you must be really determined to wait out nap time," Marin said as she held up a chocolate bar. "Here." She tossed the chocolate bar onto the bed and turned to leave.

"Wait," Sam called. "Uh... share this with me."

"Thanks. I don't know why I'm thanking you for a candy bar I stole."

Sam tried to tear the wrapper and couldn't. "So, how long you been here?"

"Five weeks and counting. Going for the record."

"How come?"

"It doesn't matter."

"That's a lot of bandages for "it doesn't matter"."

"You want the doctor answer? I'm psychotically depressed to a suicidal ideation."

"And the not-doctor answer?"

"I feel like crap. I just... want it to be over."

"What?"

"Everything. Come on. Tell me I'm young and have everything to live for."

"Why would you believe me?"

"True. I heard you're here because the voices won't let you sleep."

"Just one, really."

"Who is it? Like Charlie Manson or the devil?"

"Kind of. Yeah."

"Me too. I... hear a voice."

"Is that why you set the fire?"

"Who told you that?"

"No one. The - they're burns, right?"

"I didn't set the fire, o- he did! You know what? I don't even know why I'm talking."

"Marin, it's okay."

"No, it's not! You're crazier than I am! Charles Mason tells you what to do. At least it's my own brother-"

"It's your brother?"

"Yes. It sucks... when it's your dead brother saying... kill yourself to be with him... or he'll do it for you." She left the room.

INT. CAR - NIGHT

Emmanuel/Castiel spoke. "So, your brother..."

"Sam," Dean clarified.

"Sam. What's his diagnosis?"

"Well, it's not exactly medical."

"That should be fine. I can cure illness of a spiritual origin."

"Spiritual? Okay. Someone did this to him."

"You're angry."

"Well, yeah. Dude broke my brother's head."

"He betrayed you, this dude. He was your friend?"

"Yeah, well, he's gone."

"Did either of you kill him? I sense that you two kill a lot of people."

"Honestly, w-w-we don't know if he is dead. We just know that this... whole thing couldn't be messier. You know, she and I used to be able to just shake this stuff off. You know, whatever it was. It might take us some time, but... we always could. What Cas did... we just can't - I don't know why."

"Well, it doesn't matter why."

Francesca's brow furrowed. "'Course it matters."

"No. You aren't a machine, Dean. And neither is Francesca. You're both human. Your friend's name was Cas? That's an odd name."

EXT. STREET - DAY

Dean parked the car and got out. "Oh, hey, hey. Just, uh, sit tight. I'll be right out, okay? Frankie, stay with him?"

INT. CONVENIENCE STORE - DAY

Dean took out his phone. He heard the door open and looked up at a mirror to see a man walking towards him. He took out his knife. The man shoved Dean into a wall and Dean pushed the man into a refrigerator, shattering its glass door. As the man stood, Dean stabbed him with his knife. Light flashed from the man's face as he died. Dean picked up his phone and saw that the screen was broken.

"Oh, come on," Dean muttered.

He walked to the next aisle of the store and found two more demons waiting for him. He raised the knife and swung at one of them, but the demon blocked his arm and the knife went flying to the floor. Dean punched the demon and it threw him into some shelves. While he was on the floor, someone stabbed the demon from behind. Light flashed from its face. Black smoke poured from the mouth of the other demon as it left the body it was possessing.

"Emmanuel, you son of a bitch," Dean said.

The first demon fell to the ground, revealing Meg, who was holding Dean's knife.

"Emmanuel," Meg stated. "Yeah, not so much."

"Meg," Dean noted.

"Dean, Dean, Dean. You got some 'splainin' to do."

Dean turned the sign on the door around so it read 'Closed' and pulled down the blinds.

Meg continued. "Rumors are really starting to fly about this Emmanuel fellow. My curiosity sure got revved up."

"Just tell me what you want, Meg," Dean said.

"Imagine my surprise when I track him down, and he's snuggled up with you two. And he's the spitting image of poor, dead Castiel. So, Dean, what's poor, dead Castiel doing in that junker out there with Frankie?"

"Christmas caroling."

"Fun. But how's he alive? Last I heard, he played God, went poof."

"We don't know. And neither does he, so you got to keep it shut."

"Oh, I do?"

"He doesn't know he's Cas."

"I know. Been watching you for hours. So here's the deal. You might remember Crowley and me were frosty back in the day? Well, times haven't changed."

"Good."

"That hurts my feelings. I've been good to you, Dean."

"No, you've been good to you, sweetheart."

"Look. Right now..." Dean took some items from the shelves and put them in his jacket, "...rumors of this wandering healer are strictly low-level. But body count's getting high enough to change that. Folks start poking, they sniff angel dust."

"Yeah, they start falling all over each other trying to tell Crowley."

"Now picture Crowley with his hands on harmless little amnesia-Cas. Don't get me wrong. I'm gonna burn that smarmy dick. But right abut now, my army-of-one situation is not cutting it. It's cold out here, there's a price on my ass, and I need friends."

"Yeah. "We get that. But we ain't it."

"That's where you're wrong, Dean. 'Cause I'm here to help you and Saoirse, and that makes us friends."

"Help, huh? You mean see if you can't turn harmless little Cas out there into an angel-sized weapon?"

"Like either of you are taking him caroling. And by the way, you really want to keep going with little backup? Hey, I don't trust you, either. But I could really use Emmanuel. And he trusts you and Frankie. So for now, it's in everyone's best interests to hold hands and cross the street together, okay?"

"We go straight to Sam. No detours."

"I love it."

"And one more thing. My knife."

Meg held up the bloody knife and Dean took it before she said, "You sure we wouldn't be safer traveling with a full-throttle angel? I could jog his memory." Dean glared. "Kidding! We wouldn't want to upset the poor dead guy."

EXT. STREET - DAY

Dean and Meg walked up to Emmanuel/Castiel and Francesca.

"Her face!" Emmanuel/Castiel cried. "She's one of-"

"It's okay," Meg interrupted. "We come in different flavors."

"She's, uh... a friend," Dean told him.

"Meg. Just here for moral support. I mean, after all, we go way back. Dean, Frankie and me. Just met you, of course. But I think we're gonna be good friends, too."

Dean rolled his eyes. "All right. Can we go?"

INT. HOSPITAL - DAY

Marin walked down the hall.

Sam came to his doorway and called, "Marin. Marin, hey. Hold on. Um... I'm sorry I upset you."

"It's okay," Marin replied.

"Can I ask you something?"

"About?"

"The fire."

"Look. You mean well, but you have no idea-"

"You said you didn't start it. I believe you. I can help you, Marin, before he tries to hurt you again."

The two entered Sam's room. Hallucifer was leaning against the wall.

"You're worse," Marin said. "Your organs need sleep, you know. Your hair and nails are gonna fall out, and your kidneys are gonna shut down. I saw it in a movie. Sorry."

Hallucifer laughed at Marin's words.

"So, um, your brother - when did he pass?" Sam asked.

"Uh, last year."

"Do you see him?" Marin shook her head. "So... he just talks to you. I bet at first it wasn't so bad. You must have missed him. Did you just hear him at the house?"

"Here too. Whenever I'm alone. I can always tell he's coming because I get these chills."

"You feel cold."

"Yeah. I mean, you're right. At first it's like... I knew I was crazy, but... I didn't really care. I did miss him. But then... he started saying he was lonely. And he started to get mad. And one day he started yelling, and I tried to run but the door was locked. And when I turned around, the whole room was on fire. I barely got out. How can you help me?"

"I can put your brother to rest. He's, um... He's stuck here."

"For real? Like-"

"Like he's a ghost."

"Why should I trust you?"

"Because it's your only shot."

"Okay."

"Okay. So, your brother - was he cremated? Buried?"

"We cremated him."

"And do you have anything of his?"

Marin touched a bracelet she was wearing. "This. He made it for me. With a busted hand, too. Sliced it open doing stupid archery."

"He bled on it?"

"Probably."

"Good. That's - that's good."

"Why is that good?"

"One more question. Is there any chance in hell you got a lighter?"

INT. CAR - NIGHT

Dean was driving, Emmanuel/Castiel was in the passenger seat and Meg and Francesca were in the backseat.

"This silence is very uncomfortable," Emmanuel/Castiel said. "Is there something I should know?"

"I don't know," Meg replied. "Dean? Frankie?"

Francesca glanced at Dean, remaining silent.

"No," Dean said. "Meg has that effect. Awkward. You know?"

"That must be difficult for you," Emmanuel/Castiel noted.

"Dean's making a joke, Emmanuel," Meg told him.

INT. HOSPITAL - DAY

Marin came into the room and help up a cigarette lighter.

"Nice," Sam said. "Where'd you score that?"

"Grabbed it out of Marcus' pocket," Marin replied. "Being locked up is really turning me into a decent criminal."

Sam closed the door and barricaded it with a chair. "We're laying down a circle. Help me open these, okay?"

They used small containers of salt to make a salt circle.

Sam looked up and saw Hallucifer blowing on the salt. Sam leaned back against the wall before saying, "You're gonna have to do this on your own. It's okay. I'm okay. I'm just having a little..."

"Brown acid moment," Hallucifer finished.

"Dizzy thing. It'll pass."

"Definitely. When your heart stops."

Sam and Marin stood in the finished small salt circle.

"Great," Sam said. "Now, um... stay with me in the circle. No matter what. No matter what happens, okay?"

"What's gonna happen?" Marin asked.

"Give me the bracelet."

The lights flickered and Sam and Marin's breath became visible.

The ghost of Marin's brother appeared and said, "Marin, don't do this. Please."

"Marin, give me the bracelet."

"I'm so sorry," Marin apologized. "I have to."

She broke the bracelet from her wrist and gave it to Sam. The room shook, the door flew open and the lights exploded. Sam lit the bracelet and the ghost burnt up.

"Noooo!" the ghost cried.

"Y-you got to go," Sam told her. "Go."

"Thank you," Marin stated.

She left. Two orderlies entered and grabbed Sam. White light shone as Dr. Kadinsky shone a flashlight in Sam's face. Hallucifer stood behind Dr. Kadinsky.

"Sam?" Dr. Kadinsky called. "How are you feeling now?"

"His soul is broken, doc," Hallucifer replied. "Can you give him a pill?"

"I can't give you any more medication. The potential for overdose is too great." Sam looked at his fingernails, which were bloody. "We need to talk about surgical solutions."

"Surgical?" Sam repeated.

"Ooh. Lobotomy?" Hallucifer guessed.

"It's okay," Dr. Kadinsky reassured. "We're not talking lobotomy here."

"Darn."

"Sam. Are you with me? Sam?"

White light shone again.

EXT. HOSPITAL - NIGHT

Dean turned off the engine and he got out of the car. A number of people were standing around the emergency entrance to the hospital. Dean walked around the car and joined Emmanuel/Castiel, Meg and Francesca.

"Oh, gracious," Emmanuel/Castiel murmured.

Dean looked through binoculars at the people outside the emergency entrance.

"Damn it," Meg muttered. "Demons."

"All of them?" Dean asked.

"No grass growing under your feet."

Emmanuel/Castiel looked to Dean. "How many knives do you have?"

"Just the one," Dean replied.

"Well, then, forgive me, but what do we do?"

"Yeah, Dean," Meg said. "Got any other ideas how we could blast through that? Frankie, any bright ideas?"

"Excuse us," Dean told Emmanuel/Castiel. "Meg..." Dean and Meg walked a short distance away.

"Sam's in there. I know you're enjoying the double dip with your old pal, but-"

"You think it's that cut and dry? Really? You know what he did. And you want to tell him and just hope that he takes it in stride? He could snap. He could... disappear. Who knows?"

"I gather we know each other," Emmanuel/Castiel commented.

"Just a dollop," Meg answered.

"You can tell me. I'll be fine."

"How do you know?" Dean asked. "You just met yourself. We've known you for years."

"You're an angel," Meg told Emmanuel/Castiel.

Emmanuel/Castiel frowned. "I'm sorry? Is that a flirtation?"

"No, it's a species. A very powerful one."

"She's not lying," Dean said. "Okay? That's why you heal people. You don't eat. I'm sure there's more."

"Why wouldn't any of you tell me? Being an angel - it sounds pleasant."

"It's not, trust me. It's bloody and corrupt and far from pleasant."

"He would know. You two used to fight together. Bestest friends, actually. Miss Rivera became a close friend."

"We're... friends?" Emmanuel/Castiel questioned. "Am I Cas? I-I had no idea. I don't remember any of you. I'm sorry."

"Look. You got the juice. You can smite every demon in that lot."

"But I don't remember how."

"It's in there," Dean told him. "I'm sure it's just like riding a bike."

"I don't know how to do that, either." He paused. "All right, I'll try."

"This ain't gonna go well."

"I don't know," Meg replied. "I believe in that little tree topper."

Emmanuel/Castiel walked towards the hospital emergency entrance.

"Hey, I know you," a demon said. "You're dead."

"Yes, I've heard," Emmanuel/Castiel noted.

"Meg," Castiel called.

Meg smiled. "That's my boy."

One of the demons tried running, but Emmanuel/Castiel appeared in front of him.

"I don't think running will save you," Emmanuel/Castiel said.

Emmanuel/Castiel put a hand to the demon's head and smited him. Dean, Meg and Francesca walked up behind Emmanuel/Castiel.

"That was beautiful, Clarence," Meg complimented.

"Cas?" Dean and Francesca called.

"I remember you two," Castiel said, turning to Dean and Francesca. "I remember everything."

Castiel continued. "What I did. What I became. Why didn't any of you tell me?"

"Because Sam is dying in there," Dean answered.

"Because of me. Everything. All these people. I shouldn't be here." He walked away.

"Cas," Dean and Saoirse called again. "Cas!"

Dean turned to Meg. "You stay here." He called after the angel. "Cas!"

INT. HOSPITAL - NIGHT

Sam was being wheeled down a hallway on a hospital bed by the orderly Marcus. They entered a room.

"Where... Where - where are we?" Sam asked.

"Electroshock therapy," Marcus replied. "Let's just get you settled. Don't be freaked. I've seen this help a lot of people."

"Umm, umm - my brother. And our friend."

Marcus put a mouth guard in Sam's mouth. "Sit down." He turned on the machine. "Ordinarily, they keep this thing set on low. But I was thinking we could experiment a little. What do you say, Sam?" He put the electrodes on Sam's head. "Let's get that head strapped in." His eyes turned black.

EXT. HOSPITAL - NIGHT

Castiel walked away from the hospital, Dean and Francesca close behind.

"If you remember, then you know you did the best you could at the time," Dean said.

"Don't defend me," Castiel retorted. "Do you have any idea the death toll in Heaven? On Earth?" He stopped and turned to face the couple. "We didn't part friends, Dean."

"So what?"

"I deserved to die. Now, I can't possibly fix it... So why did I even walk out of that river?"

"Maybe to fix it. Wait." He opened the trunk and took out Castiel's trench coat. He held it out to the angel.

INT. HOSPITAL - NIGHT

Sam was strapped to the bed and shaking from electric shocks.

"Amazing," Marcus commented. "You just take those lickin's, don't you, kid? Well, if it's meat, you can cook it. You just got to turn up the heat."

Marcus turned towards the electroshock machine, but Castiel was there. Castiel put a hand on Marcus' head to smite him. Marcus fell to the ground with his eyes burnt out. Castiel turned off the electroshock machine and the angels took away the electrodes on Sam's head and the mouth guard.

"I never should have broken your wall, Sam," Castiel said. "I'm here to make it right." He touched Sam's head, but Sam didn't look better.

Sam saw Hallucifer in Castiel's place. "You're not real."

"Oh, Sam... I'm so sorry."

INT. HOSPITAL - DAY

Hallucifer was sitting in a chair next to Sam's bed, holding the book 'Three Little Pigs'. "I see that third little pig was smart. Went out and got some bricks."

Dean, Castiel and Francesca were standing in the room. The chair next to Sam's bed was empty.

"What the hell do you mean you can't?" Dean retorted.

Castiel looked at him. "I mean there's nothing to rebuild."

"Why not?" Dean demanded as Francesca took his hand.

"Because it crumbled," Castiel replied. "The pieces got crushed to dust by whatever's happening inside his head right now."

Dean frowned. "So you're saying there's nothing? That he's gonna be like this until his candle blows out?"

"I'm sorry. This isn't a problem I can make disappear. And you all know that." He paused. "But I may be able to shift it."

"Shift?" Dean and Francesca repeated.

"Yeah, it would get Sam on his feet." He sat on the bed close to Sam. "It's better this way. I'll be fine."

Sam flinched.

"Wait, Cas, what are you doing?" Dean asked.

"Now, Sam..." Castiel began.

"This may hurt," Hallucifer warned. "And if I can't tell you again..."

"...I'm sorry I ever did this to you." He put a hand on Sam's head. Sam groaned in pain and his face and eyes glowed red. The red traveled up Castiel's arm and face and his eyes turned red. Sam groaned and gasped for breath.

"Sam?" Dean and Francesca called as the elder of the two walked to the other side.

"Dean! Frankie!" Sam exclaimed.

"Sam!" Dean and Francesca cried.

Sam turned to the angel. "Cas? Cas, is that you?"

Castiel saw Hallucifer on the bed in Sam's place.

"Hello... brother," Hallucifer greeted.

Castiel stood and backed away in horror. Sam, Dean and Francesca looked at each other. Hallucifer laughed.

EXT. HOSPITAL

Sam, Dean and Francesca left the building.

"I don't know," Sam said. "I mean, we can't just leave him."

INT. HOSPITAL - DAY

"Well, we can't bring him with us," Dean voiced. "Everything on the planet's out for us, okay?"

Castiel sat sadly on the edge of a bed, dressed in white hospital clothes.

"Word gets out, we can't protect him," Francesca said. "Not really."

EXT. HOSPITAL - DAY

"This is safer," Dean told the others.

Dean, Sam and Francesca stopped at the driver's, passenger and back doors of the car and spoke over it.

Dean continued. "Every demon who knows about Cas is dead."

"Not everyone," Sam replied. "Look, Dean, Frankiethis whole "enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing feels kind of like a demon deal."

Francesca frowned. "It's not a deal. It's-"

"It's what?"

"Mutually assured destruction," Dean answered. "Look, man, we get it. She's not our friend. We don't even have friends except for Frankie, though she's more than a friend to I guess both of us. Almost all our friends are dead." He got into the car.

INT. HOSPITAL - DAY

Dr Kadinsky was sitting at his desk reading a piece of paper. "Well, you certainly have experience. I'm impressed. Tell me - why do you want to join our staff?"

"I really just want to help the parents," Meg replied. "Watch over them. Not to be immodest, but I feel like I'd make a great fit."

"I can't argue with that." He stood and offered Meg a hand. "Welcome to the team... Nurse Masters."

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

559 40 9
❝I've lost my religion going off the rails on the crazy Train❞ Getting shot by a gun can lead to lots of things, heaven, hell, bloody purgatory, hosp...
Day Is Gonna Come TheQuietHufflepuff द्वारा

रहस्य / थ्रिलर

1.9K 63 52
Between the son of an archangel and an open portal to a different world, the Winchesters are in for more than they bargained for. Tragedy strikes an...
17.3K 309 86
Francesca, Frankie, Daniela Rivera was always a go-it-alone type of girl. But when two hunters find their way to a bar and take on the case of a myst...
6.1K 133 97
The demigoddess, the brothers, a rebellious angel and an old drunk thwarted the apocalypse. But more challenges await them, each harder than the last...