Mist {BTSxReader}

By TaeTae_lyfe

You watch her walk away and it hits you that she is an entire ocean And you were wrong, so very wrong Because... More

Chapter 1: Distractions
Chapter 2: Wagons
Chapter 3: Mirrors
Chapter 4: Secrets
Chapter 5: Stars
Chapter 6: Symbols
Chapter 7: Barrels
Chapter 8: Tortuga
Chapter 9: Voices
Chapter 10: Marks
Chapter 11: Songs
Chapter 12: Songs II
Chapter 13: Friends
Chapter 14: Betrayals
Chapter 15: Taverns
Chapter 16: Deals
Chapter 17: Boxes
Chapter 18: Maps
Chapter 19: Mirrors II
Chapter 20: Mermaids
Chapter 21: Overboard
Chapter 22: Stowaway
Chapter 23: Cells
WEBTOON
Chapter 25: Islands II
Chapter 26: Walls
Chapter 27: Cages
Chapter 28: Beauty
Chapter 29: Hearts
Chapter 30: Sacrifice
Chapter 31: Voices

Chapter 24: Islands

9.9K 961 531
By TaeTae_lyfe

"We are like islands in the sea--separate on the surface but connected in the deep."

-William James

Jimin's eyes were narrowed as he stared at your form from across the deck, his arms crossed over his chest as the tropical breeze blew his blue hair from his face.

Your blue eyes seemed to shine beneath the sun as you explained something to the dark-haired man beside you, the corners of your lips tugging upwards at something he had said to you.

Jungkook. That's what you called the taller man. You had claimed that he'd met you in Tortuga and you'd promised him work, so he could provide for his family.

The whole situation left Jimin feeling uneasy--Especially since it didn't make any sense to him. If he had truly been aboard the entire time, why hadn't Jimin or anyone else seen him? Him going overboard wasn't much of a stretch as sirens were known to eat humans, but the rest of the story hardly made any sense.

Still, Jimin wouldn't question you. Not in front of the dark-haired man. He had a feeling that he wouldn't get the truth out of you as long as he was around. And so, he waited until Jungkook left your side.

He'd been waiting for a while.

Jungkook hadn't moved away from you since the moment you'd released him, the large man following you like a lost puppy as you introduced him to the crew and showed him the ropes of how to sail the ship.

"And this is Jimin."

The blue-haired captain was pulled from his thoughts as you mentioned his name, hands motioning towards him as you looked at Jungkook.

The former siren tilted his head as he looked at the man, his brown eyes taking him in with contempt on his face.

You'd warned Jungkook that his blue eyes would bring about trouble for the both of you and so, he changed the color using his 'magic' so as not to bring on any suspicion.

Jimin tilted his chin upwards, assessing the newly-clothed man before him.

"Pleasure," Jimin greeted a sardonic smile on his face. "Apologies about locking you up. I was unware of your relationship with the captain."

Jungkook's eyes narrowed slightly.

"Our relationship is intimate. I could hardly expect you to know of me, especially when Y/n is so secretive."

Jimin's eyes jumped at that word; "intimate". His eyes shot to yours, watching as annoyance fell over your features.

"Again, my sincerest apologies. The last thing I'd want to do is separate two lovers such as yourselves--"

"We are not lovers." You interrupted, giving him a cold look, "He's simply an employee. I hadn't expected you to jump to such conclusions, Park. Your imagination is truly to be reckoned with."

"You'll forgive me if my unbridled jealousy got the better of me, captain," He smirked, "I just find myself a bit underwhelmed by the company you keep."

You raised an eyebrow.

He was challenging you.

That cocky little-

"Likewise," Jungkook deadpanned, crossing his arms to mirror the man across from him. "Your manners are deplorable. How dare you speak so familiarly to your captain? The bride of a siren?"

Jimin tilted his head back in laughter, enjoying the anger that flared from Jungkook's brown iris'.

"She and I have a deeper relationship than all that formality. Indeed, I'd wager our bond to be a great deal more 'intimate' than yours."

"Oh do stop teasing him." You sighed heavily, rubbing your eyes, "One would almost think you were trying to rile him up to simply annoy me."

Jimin smiled innocently, his hand taking yours as he placed a kiss on the back of it.

"I would never do anything to upset you, my captain," He chuckled, "I hope to remain in your good graces for as long as humanly possible. My only goal is to keep you happy."

You gave him an annoyed look, pulling your hand away from him before pointing an accusing finger in his face.

"You're on thin ice, Park," You mumbled, "I'm getting sick of that cocky look on your face."

"That is where we differ, captain. For I could never get tired of your face."

Jungkook let out a sound of annoyance, his hand grasping the cuff of your sleeve as he pulled you back from the blue-haired man.

You shook off his hold, giving him an unreadable look before marching past Jimin, eyes staring at the open sea.

"There's an island nearby," Jimin said, giving a smirk to Jungkook before turning around, gazing at the sea beside you, "If you wanted, we could anchor there and grab more supplies before heading out."

You paused for a moment, seeming to contemplate his words.

"No. We carry on."

Jimin's eyebrows furrowed at that, his eyes moving to your face.

"The ship took some damage from the sirens. It would be wise to allow us time to repair the ship before carrying on any further."

"We don't know what's on that island." You explained, sighing, "We are in the middle of a monstrous sea, after all. The last thing we need is any more surprises."

"Should we not prepare ourselves for the worst?"

"That's exactly what I'm doing. I don't want to risk going on the island and never returning."

Jimin's eyes narrowed slightly.

"So, you'd send us to certain death instead?" He asked, "This ship won't survive another hit."

Your blue eyes clashed against his, the ice within them stunning Jimin to silence.

"The island is rumored to be inhabited by cannibals."

Both sailors turned as Jungkook spoke, their gazes shouting out their silent confusion.

"Impossible," Jimin stated, "No human could live within these seas, even if they were on an island."

"Cannibals?" You repeated, ignoring Jimin, "That seems unlikely since they live in such a remote place...How would they eat unless they had other humans visiting regularly?"

Jungkook shrugged his shoulders.

"I have only heard stories of them but I am almost certain that there are people inhabiting it."

"Shipwrecked sailors, perhaps?"

"Perhaps."

Jimin watched the scene with rising aggravation. Why did you take his word so seriously? If he was from Tortuga, then he'd have no knowledge of any kind of island even being in these waters. The only reason Jimin knew was because of the maps his father had left him that he'd recently copied for you.

You didn't trust anyone, so why were you taking this man's--the stranger's words at face value? Just how "intimate" was your relationship with him?

"The island is best left avoided," You stated, "Even if there aren't any people there, the chances of finding something far worse are still high."

"And what is there are people?" Jimin countered, "People who need help? Shipwrecked people?"

You shrugged your shoulders indifferently.

"I've no use for any more crewmates." You said coldly, "Besides, even if I had the desire to help them, it would be far safer for us to retrieve them on our way out of these dangerous waters."

"Are you saying that you will help them?"

"I'm saying that, if I were to help them, it would not be now. Not when I have so many other things to worry about. We don't have enough food for anyone else--let alone an island possibly full of people."

Jimin frowned.

"That's why we restock supplies on the island." He argued, "We get more food and-"

You huffed in annoyance. Must he always defy you?

"All of this is assuming these people aren't even dangerous. I am tired of arguing about this. Leave it be, Park."

He let out a long sigh, running his hands through his hair as he raised his gaze towards the blue sky.

"You ignite an anger in me, dear captain," He smiled, watching from the corner of his eye as you straightened up, "I suppose it is my own fault. I should have left you in the hands of the young king all those days ago."

Fighting your better nature, you allowed yourself to chuckle, relieved that he hadn't taken your refusal to go to the island too personally.

"If you'd have done that, I doubt you would have survived. Not with your lackluster swordsmanship."

"Ah yes. How could I ever hope to live up to your flawless form, captain?"

"You couldn't."

Jungkook frowned at the two's shared moment, suddenly feeling as though he stood a million miles away from the two of them--as though he were not their at all.

The mark on his hand ached, the pain shooting straight up through his arm and remaining in his heart.

You felt the sharp ache as well, taking a step back in surprise as you turned to give the former siren a look of annoyance and confusion.

It wasn't his fault. Jungkook couldn't help how he felt but that didn't stop him from enjoying the sight of you moving away from the blue-haired man he had already begun to despise.

"Captain!"

Thomas offered you a large smile as he limped towards you, the mechanism on his leg preventing the need for his previous crutches.

Your brows raised as he stood in front of you.

"I bring bad tidings," He stated, his gaze flickering between the two men you stood with, "Mr. Yoongi says there is a storm approaching from the west. He doesn't think it looks too good for us."

Your eyes instantly hardened at the news, body going on full alert as you turned your gaze towards the west, watching as the dark clouds slowly crept closer.

Of course.

As if you didn't have enough worries with all the monsters.

You turned towards Jimin, giving him a wry smile.

"Well, Park you win.

Looks like we'll be heading to that island after all."

A/N,

I KNOW IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME! I'M SORRY! SCHOOL IS THE WORST!

Anywho--

I'd like to thank everyone who read the WEBTOON and commented on it as well! I am super proud to say we already have over 2k views on the Prologue and the next part will be released before the month is out!

Thank you for your support and patience with me.

I love you.

I adore you.

I purple you.

I'm out.

-Max

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 205 15
when mermaid min yoongi is washed up unconscious from a violent storm, human kim taehyung just so happens to be taking a vacation there, and saves hi...
122K 4.2K 38
The thing that enraptures me, is her eyes. A deep, crystal, aqua blue, so clear in fact, that I find myself staring into them. You can see everything...
46.8K 1.6K 87
#1 kpop #1 btsxreader, #1 skzxreader #1 kimseokjin Book One - The Distraction A favour for your boss ends up getting you in an unexpected situation...
5.8K 403 14
[Book 3] "If you want her come and take her"- park jimin. "I will drown you and kill you in the same water where you born"- jeon jungkook. -_-_-_-_...