Indecisive (Miya Atsumu x OC...

By hanafuda

Start: 7th of April 2021 End: ×××××× The international prodigy, one man team, Hoshikin Hätz is faced with the... More

How It Started
1. Moving
3. Moment
4. Confession
5. Decision
6. Run and Hide
7. Date
8. First Round
9. For the first time 🍒
10. Match
11. Calm before the storm
12. Interhigh
13. Camp

2. Volleyball

43 3 5
By hanafuda

    Hoshikin was more than used to the way everyone got deadly quiet or extremely hyped up when he enters the room. After 2 years or holding the title of Best Volleyball Player in the Under 18 Category he was at ease with both reactions. To dispense the tension he bowed down slightly in a funny, carefree way then politely asked everyone to take care of him.

       The very first person his eyes met when he finally got up from his bow is the hottie from yesterday. A playful smirk jumped on his lips as he winked before the coach came closer to the team.

        "I'm sure you all know who he is. But for the sake of fairness we'll have a short match just one set for the team trial." the old man mutters under his breath as the rest don't know if they should be excited or just scared.

        Playing a match against him was like trying to move a mountain with bare hands. He owns the court and everyone acknowledged it without a fake trial.

        "First team on the right side, main court. You take the left. The rest go back to practice your serves." the coach is harsh for sure.

        Of course Hoshikin earned his nicknames fair and square, but being an one man team doesn't mean he can easily defeat such players by himself.

        "ettooooo, matte matte matte! Not fair! At least give me a blocker or a setter!" the old man didn't bother to give him a second look but only opened his mouth to say some rules

          "Right side, only 15 first tempo attacks are allowed and left you can touch the ball twice in a row, but you can't serve the same way twice in a row. That's it, move your legs and play already!" he yells, completely annoyed with the bratty attitude of the darked haired newbie.

          "Kuso. That old geezer." cursed the kid as he dragged his feet to the main court, carefully stretching his limbs.

*Haven't played in 2 days and I already miss it. And the eye candy is on the other side of the net. Just how am I supposed to concentrate when his muscles flex under that tight shirt? How do your insides not tingle with just a look at those tasty pecs* he thought as he shaked his legs and devour the green eyed sexy beast.

          "Right serves first. Ushijima start the match." everyone is shocked to hear that, just why does their coach hate this new player so much? He's trying to make him switch schools or what?

            "Perfect, the sexy one stats the match. How can I look at the ball when he's so much better to stare at?" Hoshikin mutters under his breath, comment which doesn't go unnoticed by the setter of the opposite side who gave him a questioning look.

              The match starts as the deafening sound announces it and in just a split of a second the ball hits the opposite side of the court with a loud *boom* as if a cannon launched it. Hoshikin wasn't even in position, but his eyes are still glued to something  else.  *fuuuuuckkkk!!!! those abs, oh man just take me right here and now! Jump again baby so I can see just how much you work out*

         They mark the point for the right side and the second cannon blow comes, but this time it's the muscular arms that catch the newbie's attention. Yet another point for the right.  The next time it was the legs, then the clenched jaw, the fluffy hair, beautiful eyes, perfect form and 7 points were already scored for the right team.

         People already started wondering what's going on. Is he truly the prodigy of volleyball? He doesn't seem intimidated by those serves, he didn't even try to receive them! They are truly confused about what's going on the court right now.

          "You useless idiot, pay attention to the ball. If you're gonna stare at someone, at least make it a girl!" the coach yells throwing a ball at the brunette that stops his drooling at the eye candy.

           "Gomen, Gomen!" the teen apologizes scratching his head and smiling. *not my fault he's so sexy I can't take my eyes off him*

       The dark haired teen takes a deep breath and mentally kisses his eye candy goodbye before finally getting into position to receive. It was like the entire hall stepped into a tomb. The dark and dominant atmosphere makes everyone scared and those icy blue eyes are set on the ball like there's absolutely nothing else around.

         The cannon ball is served perfectly, the best serve Ushijima gave so far, exactly on the right corner, with the fastest speed he managed to achieve....and yet, in less time than they needed to realize what's going on the ball was up.

          "He-.... He received it!" yells the setter of the right side as everyone stopped looking at the legend in front of their eyes and follow the ball.

           Being his first time actually trying to receive it, the ball was set on a long distance and crossed the net to the other side right next to setter. He quickly looks at Ushijima to see if he can attack, slowing down to the second tempo since they can't afford to lose all of their first tempo attacks from the first return and finally tossing the ball in the air.

            Like a lighting bolt, Hoshikin runs towards the net and jumps just half a second after the ace of the right side, in time for him to block the attack as the ball falls down on their side. The point is turned for left as the others don't dare to say anything.

          The Golden Star spins the ball in his hands a few times as he goes outside the court to serve. Each step seems to be heard like a church bell, grave and loud and clear as the temperature dropped down with a few degrees.  Doomed... They are doomed.

           The signal to serve is quick but the serve comes even quicker. The same monstrous reflexes as before come into play as the ball gets smashed into the floor and deflates before his legs touch the ground again.

            All of them were speechless. What just happened? Was that real? Did anyone actually see it? No-one knows what's more impressive, the speed or the power?

            "Ano- gomen! I'll buy another one and bring it for the next practice!" the same cheerful voice rings in the hall as everyone directs their eyes to the one who managed that serve.

            They didn't see it the first time, according to the rules they can't see it again until they score, but it's certain that they don't want to come across the same serve again. A new ball, a new serve. Will it be he use jump float? Will he use the left hand? Will he use the high celling one? The no spin? The crooked one? All the impressive serves they've seen him do on TV are greatly displayed one by one, as if they were just spectators and not people who are supposed to receive it.

             After 17 taunting and all different serves the coach blows his whistle as the 18th serve was too similar to something he had already done and gives the ball back to the right side.

          "Tsk, come on! It wasn't that similar! Let it pass, coach! Just this once!" the brunette pleads but the ball was already tossed to the opposite direction.

          Hoshikin quickly jumps back to his receiving spot as the ball comes to him easily. The new server can't compare to Ushijima when it comes to it so the brunette tosses the ball high and close to the net like a setter would do for an ace. The accuracy is scary to say the least as he jumps high above the  net and spikes the ball down to the other side. A player tried to receive it but the speed was too much and the ball was pushed outside the court.

           His turn to serve again. A few more crazy balls and the set is done with no-one being able to receive any of his serves. Everyone is quiet, no-one dared to clap their hands or say anything. An ash haired teen, the one who played on the setter position got under the net and approached the player that just showed them how volleyball should be played. He bowed his head down and for just a few seconds stayed quiet.

         "Thank you for playing and I'll be gald to see you on the same side of the net next time!" the couragous yell got to everyone's heart as more players around the court bowed their heads, thankful that they have such a strong ally now.

          "Well don't stay there now, move, everyone outside for laps!"

           Everyone stepped outside to run, but another player, definitely a first year with bowl cut hair approaches the one who blew his mind on the court and crushed his idol.

           "Goshiki Tsutomu! I'll be the next ace of our team and surpass you and Ushijima-senpai!" he introduced himself, loud and clear which somehow bought a light chuckle for Hoshikin.

           "I'll look forward to see that, little ace. Please surpass me so we can compete seriously next time!" he cheerfully says, ruffling his hair before he picked up the pace and run towards the eye candy he didn't get to speak to again.

          "Hello again~ You put up a good fight out there! Your serves and spikes are some of the best I have ever seen!" the legend who just crushed him complimented him.

           In return he got a nod and slowly increased their speed, keeping up with each other until no-one else could be seen around them. They got to a high point on the mountain when Hoshi signaled the captain to stop for a bit. He's never been to Japan before, so at least for a few minutes he wanted to enjoy the view here.

          "Why didn't you recieve the serves from the start?" for someone who barely talks, to hear him intiate a conversation was more than rare if not impossible.

          *because I was too busy eating you up with just my eyes* of course he couldn't say something like this right form the start, so the ace decided to just smile and shrug, but Ushijima wasn't the one to take that for an answer.

           "You easily received the one when you focused." *are we so week that you pitied us?* that thought was left unspoken but Hoshi leaned on a tree, indicating he's thinking about the reasons why he didn't give his all from the start.

            "Your form. I wanted to see it more before cutting the game short. It's been a few months since I've seen your official match so I wanted to see how you play with your normal high school  team." it's not a lie, he did want to see him play a bit more, but well, definitely for other main reasons.

            The dreamy and peaceful look on his face, topped with the jersey that nicely hugged his body, made Hoshi seem totally out of this planet. Ushijima couldn't explain why but he felt something different when he looked at his newest team-mate.

           "Your volleyball is beautiful." it isn't a compliment, it isn't a pick-up line, it is just a truthful statement.

          A shy blush rose on Hoshi's cheeks as he smiled in excitement. *what are you going to do to me, you sexy beast?*

            "Arigatou, senpai!" he closed his eyes before pushing up from the tree and quickly catching Ushijima's wrist and pulling him after.

            "Let's go back before the rest start practicing without us~" he gently laughs before letting go of the powerful wrist he held and running towards the Academy.

          At the gym things were going  well even in their absence. They tired teens started doing some passes and serves before the coach dismissed them, calling the newest student to stay behind for a while.

          "The national team coach called earlier. I'm sure you already got the notice but they want you to come play for Japan for the U-18 category." the old man informed him as he proudly patted his shoulder

           "I'll give you a special training schedule so you and Ushijima will be ready for it. Keep pushing each other more, you both have a bight future ahead." he continued before being cut off

           "Ojiisan! I made it! I really made it! The top is so beautiful that I never want to let it go so I'll be under your guidance to keep my title intact." the teen has tears in his eyes as the brightest and most genuine smile danced on his lips

            "Tsk, you bought pride to this grandpa of yours. My daughter definitely raised you well." coach  Washijo says pulling his grandchild in a hug before the student bids him goodbye and finally goes home.

       The weather outside is nice and fortunately hot enough for Hoshikin to play around with a volleyball outside in his own court. He is mindlessly spinning the ball and tossing it to the pole that holds the net in place while thinking about today's events.

          "They're strong but definitely not the best in the Nation. Their team play isn't the most optimal, while focusing on the Ace is a good strategy, against a team that puts a lot of effort in the strength of each player they won't be able to win. The foundation is solid but there's so much to do. And interhigh is so close already... And then there's the hottie, that damn hottie. How do I get a piece of eye candy for myself?" the rambling continued for a few more hours before Hoshikin decided to go out and grab a bite since he got no food a home yet.

            He pulled up a hoodie and some jeans before going on a light run till he reaches a small convenience store where a middle aged man is smoking and lazily flipping the pages of a magazine. The teen picks up some curry buns, a protein bar and some juice before going to the cashier, but the ruckus outside catches the attention of both of them.

           "Sorry, Karasuno's volleyball must've finished their practice. Let me go and tell them to shut up" the older man says mentally cursing at the noise the boys are causing yet just as he's about to go outside the teen pulls down his hoodie and shakes his head.

       "Volleyball team? Let them be, I'll go say hi so could you pack a few more buns for them too? My treat!" he says putting the money on the counter that definitely was too much for the items he bought and grabbing the paper bags.

        The team captain was just about to go inside, opening the door when Hoshikin slipped out with the goodies in his hands.  "Thanks for that! These are kinda hard to deal with please, take some!" he says pointing with his chin to the top two bags but the team froze on the spot.

         "O-ONE-ONE MAN TEAM!!!!! THE GOLDEN STAR OF VOLLEYBALL!" yell at the same time all of them, with one orange haired boy jumping in the air like he has springs for legs.

         "Hehehe, you heard of me? I wasn't kidding about the buns, please help yourselves!" he cheerfully smiled and everyone took a bun and thanked him for the treat.

        "Your spikes are incredible! They go whoosh and pow and then boom! I'm going to learn how to do it just like that! I'm going to be the Ace!" the overly energetic boy explains in such a silly way it got everyone laughing

        "With your jumping and stamina I'm sure you'll become an incredible Ace! Make sure to send me an invite to your matches when that happens!" Hoshikin is getting excited just from seeing the positive energy radiating from the little kid. They seem strong, the tall middle blocker and the one with sharp eyes that's definitely a setter are definitely secret weapons of this team.

        "You came to Japan just a few days ago, right? Going to any big school in Tokyo?" the captain asked after finishing his bun

      Everyone already heard of him coming over to Japan, but so far no-one knew where he'd go to school. And since no local news talked about it yet they guess he didn't enroll in their prefecture.

        "I'm going to the Academy where my grandfather is the coach. He'd probably kill me if I dated to go anywhere else! Even if I just started today it's a nice place for sure." the boy answer truthfully, after all he had no reason to hide it, sooner or later he's gonna meet them in matches since they're from the same prefecture.

        "Sugoi! Your grandfather is a coach! No wonder you're so good at volleyball, you must train together all the time!" the same orange headed boy exclaims, taking yet another bun from the bag and jumping around. He definitely had a lot of energy even after practice.

         "Actually that never happened" the star definitely didn't have the most relationship with his Japanese side of the family and just thinking about it hurts him a little, "it's my first time coming to Japan. Grandpa came to Germany a few times, mostly for the important international tournaments, but he never meddled in my training." he continued but the atmosphere around is just dark and sad, one of them with a shaved head barely holding back his tears.

            "Ahh don't worry about it! Now that I saw the team he trains I'm sure I'll definitely learn a lot! Plus the national training camp will start soon so I'll just keep pushing forward! Damn, look at the time! Sorry guys, I need to go but let's have a match sometimes!"he quickly run out of the place while the rest waved their hands and thanked him once again for the food.

           *I won't ever let anyone get my title. No matter what I will push forward!*

××××××××

1. Eto- confused phrase meaning *umm..*
2. Matte (Chotto matte kudasai) - informal way of *wait*
3.Kuso- curse word *shit*
4.Gomen/Gomene/Gomenosai- different ways of saying sorry
5.Ano- similar to Eto, meaning *uhm*, while hesitating
6. Arigatō- thank you
7.Ojiisan- grandfather
8. Senpai- an upperclassmen, person you look up to
9.Sugoi/Suge- way to express awe, wow, incredible

How is it so far? All okay? I'm honestly very anxious about writing a Haikyuu fanfic especially with these characters, but I just love this idea so much I can't let go >°< hope someone enjoys it~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 6K 42
On one hand, it would be nice to be a part of something, especially with your best friends. You would gain new friends and make high school memories...
24.1K 1K 24
"𝐈'𝐌 𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈 𝐃𝐎𝐍❜𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐄" 𝑖𝑛 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑐ℎ 𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑢𝑛𝑎 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑦/𝑛 𝑙/𝑛 𝑑𝑒𝑣�...
51.2K 1.2K 19
#3. animexreader 07/30/21 (Y/N) (L/N) was just a regular teenager like any other, he behaved pretty well, and usually got good grades. He was usuall...
19K 464 43
~Love is realising that the other person is not perfect.~ Book One of the Heart Series. The books of this series loosely connect to each other but do...