Just a Cannon Fodder

By gelainess

Moriana Allisson. A female side character who loves to befriend and follow the heroine wherever she goes eno... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Special Chapter: What If
Side Story

Chapter 23

12.9K 570 56
By gelainess

"Anna!" Leo shouted after seeing Moriana getting shot.

When blood came out of her mouth, it felt like his rationality was ripped into pieces.

When Moriana almost fell, he sprinted towards her and caught her on time.

"My lady!" Justin ran towards her and noticed a presence.

"How dare they." Justin muttered in a cold voice.

"I'm sure you've noticed by now. You can do whatever you want with the suspect, just don't kill him. It's an order." Leo said.

"...Yes, your highness." Justin was left with no choice except to concede.

Far away from where Moriana currently is, a hooded person can be seen running.

'Boss will give me a big reward if she heard what I did. I need to hurry and report this.'

"Found you." Justin whispered from his behind.

"Who? Ack-"

Justin punched him in the gut directly.

The man then fell unconscious immediately.

"Tch. Pathetic."

The Justin now and the Justin Moriana knew was totally different.

He carried the man by collar and returned to the prince's current location.

At the imperial palace...

"Your highness! What happened to Anna?!" Moriana's parents barged in.

Moriana was placed in a bed and there were healers that surrounder her.

"We are still waiting for her stability Lady Allisson." Leo said.

A healer then walked towards the prince and talked to him.

"Her situation is really dire. The arrow that passed through her heart has a toxic poison. I'm afraid that-"

"Treat her no matter what." The prince said in a dominant voice.

"...Yes, your highness."

***

'What's going on right now?' My eyes were half open and I saw people talking and surrounding me.

"She's awake! Lady Moriana is awake!" A person exclaimed.

'I don't know what's going on right now but, why are their faces so long?'

I got up from the bed and sat straight.

"What's the occassion?" I asked with a straight face.

They wore shocked expressions.

"How are you feeling? Are you feeling hurt somewhere?" The person wearing white beside me asked.

"No, I'm feeling fine." I replied.

"Please give me your hand. I need to check something." He said.

I gave him my hand and he was silent for a moment.

"!!!"

His eyes were surprised.

"What- What's wrong?" I asked.

"My lady, did you already manifest when you were little?"

"Manifest? You mean, magic manifestation?"

He nodded.

"No...not yet."

"I think that you have manifested by the time when your situation was dire. It's very rare for nobles to manifest in an adult age, but it seems like your case is different."

"But the more interesting part is... you possess a healing ability." He added.

'Healing ability?! Moriana didn't have an ability ever since a child! How come......right, things are different now. I'm not in a story anymore.'

"What should I do?" I inquired.

"For now, you should have full rest."

I nodded.

The people started going out one by one leaving the crown prince and my parents behind.

"Anna, we were so worried!" My mother hugged me.

"I'm alright mom." I said.

"I'm glad that you're alright now. I need to find the bastard who did this to you." My father added.

"Don't worry Marquis. I already handled that matter." Leo said.

Leo then met my gaze and cast a smile a me.

'.....Too handsome.'

***

Somewhere in a different place, a person was being interrogated.

"Hahcck!" The person grunted.

"Tell me. Who is your boss?" Justin asked.

"No one- Euk!" Another punch landed in his face.

*Creak

The door opened and a person walked inside.

"Is he still not confessing?" Leo asked.

"Not yet your highness." Justin replied.

Leo walked towards the man.

"If you confess who your boss is, I will forgive you and even pay you more than you can think of." Leo whispered.

"That...." The man said with a bit of hesitance.

"Yes?"

"It's Lady- Ack!"

When he was about to confess, white foam came out of his mouth and he died.

"Tch. It's self-destruction magic." Leo said.

"At least we know that the mastermind is a lady. We need to keep quiet for a while before making any harsh move." Justin added.

Leo agreed to Justin's words.

***

Tomorrow...

This is the second time that I stayed in the imperial clinic.

The interior design still amazes me everytime and I feel like I'm in a vip hospital.

*knock *knock

"Come in."

A familiar face came inside carrying a bouquet of flowers.

"Duke?"

"Anna."

'I forgot his existence for a moment.'

"What brings you here?" I asked.

"I'm just visiting. I heard about your situation. Are you alright?" He said.

"Yes. I'm alright." I smiled.

There was an awkward silence.

'What should I do now??'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.6K 799 12
α€‘α€žα€€α€Ία€›α€½α€šα€Ία€€α€”α€·α€Ία€žα€€α€Ία€α€»α€€α€Ία€α€½α€± α€œα€½α€”α€Ία€œα€½α€”α€Ία€€α€Όα€°α€Έα€€α€Όα€°α€Έα€•α€«α€α€„α€Ία€œα€­α€―α€· α€€α€­α€―α€šα€·α€Ία€Ÿα€¬α€€α€­α€―α€šα€Ί ဆင်ခြင်ဖတ်ပါ။
185K 9K 51
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
691 77 6
"...in my graphic era!" to all the authors who made my heart smile with their beautiful words! thank you.
280K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...