Bound to the Alpha

By RhodaSLyons

An arranged mating. Two enemy Packs. A killer on the loose. Angelina Montgomery has lived the life of a lone... More

Prologue
1. Le premier
2. Strange Visitor
3. Silver Dawn
4. Future Brother-in-law?
5. Plan A- Find Evie
6. Truce
7. The Shiver
9. Ashes
10. Lady Irene
11. Call Me Fraud
12. Red Spot
13. Right Hand Man
14. Find Me
15. Council
16. Unravel
17. If Only
18. Le Sucre
19. Don't fool me
20. Deal Or No Deal
21. Conditions
22. One In Spirit
23. Queen Of The Pack
24. Lost Girl
25. The Girl With Green Eyes
26. Between Worlds
27. Playing With Fire
28. Come And Get It
29. Speak Up
30. Maze of You
31. Piece of Me
32. Like, Mated?
33. No One Like You
34. The Wards
35. Float Away
36. Where The Taken Go
37. Ghosts
38. Undone
39. Never Again
40. Cold Heart
41. Red Hot
42. Mercy
43. Birthday Boy
44. First Born
45. Two Hands Bloody
46. Eris
47. Lights
48. Truth Be Told
49. Bound
Epilogue
A/N

8. Found

14K 718 34
By RhodaSLyons

     Angelina studied the map Riley unrolled across Mason's desk. It showed both Mason's Territory and Eris's land. Someone had adorned the map with yellow and green markers. Yellow for Evie and green for Jack.

     Since Mason had to go fulfill some other duties in the Pack, Casper and Riley quickly got hold of her. Casper didn't linger too long. He simply handed over the rolled paper to Riley, nodded and left.

     Riley guided her to the Alpha's study and motioned her inside the room.

     She noted that someone had plastered the young man's face at the bottom of the map, with the name Jack L. Samson below. He appeared to be just as young as Evie. A bright smile beamed back at her with sparkling blue eyes. She could tell that he was probably a charming kid. If there was anything she knew about her baby sister, it was that she fell hard and easily. She always worried about her big, soft heart she kept encased in a stone box.

     Beside his photo, there was a picture of Evie, the most recent one she possessed. Casper had asked for it earlier in the day for his research.

     Her chest felt heavy staring back at eyes identical to her own. She could tell that her baby sister was happy despite the absence of a smile on her youthful face. Her eyes were wide and twinkling, as if holding a secret she only knew.

     Casper had gone to town with the map, marking it according to his findings.

     "As you can see, Jack has visited your Pack a few times. Evie has only been here once. One of Jack's friends admitted that he had brought in a chick a few weeks ago to the Pack who fits her description. He'd been scared to mention it earlier but he hadn't heard from Jack in a while so he got worried."

     "How did she get in here?"

     "No idea. Which brings me to another question. How were you able to get inside? Did you hire a witch?"

     She had completely forgotten she hadn't been exactly greeted with open arms as she crossed into their Territory.

     She had no reason to withhold her information. "I just saw two people from your Pack draw a symbol on your barrier. I thought I could do the same so I watched and emulated it when they left."

     "Strange." The woman muttered. She didn't explain anything else as she re-directed their attention back to the map. "As you can see they seemed to meet up a lot out of Pack grounds considering they were trying to keep the relationship out of both our Pack's scrutiny. Looks like Casper found that they frequented these three places." She pointed to different points on the map marked with red stars.

     The first location was Sandy's Shack- an awesome eating place that supplied fresh seafood. She never visited the place, but she had always wanted to go.

     The second was Red Spot, a strip club that was two blocks away from Sandy's Shack. For a split-second, various scenarios entered her mind.

     What was Evie doing at a strip club? Her brain filtered through all the possible reasons, but none made sense.

     To her shock, the other location had her taking a double glance.

     Evie had come to Le Sucre often.

     How had she not seen her? Or scented her close-by?

     She was both alarmed and baffled by the discovery.

     "What? What is it?" Riley asked, sensing her unease.

     Before she could answer, the door whipped open, sending a staggering vibration against the walls.

     Dani stood framed by the doorway, heaving. That wasn't why Angelina was alarmed. The girl was crying. Her eyes were red-rimmed and tears were dripping down her cheeks like twin rivers.

     Riley dashed to her friend's side, studying the agony etched there. "Honey, what's going on? What happened?" She'd never heard Riley speak so gently.

     Dani shook her head, burying her face into her hands as her dainty shoulders shook. "T-They found him."

     "Who?"

     "Riley, I-it's bad. So bad. Mason is there now. I just came here-"

     "You're not making sense Honey. Can you speak more clearly please?"

     Angelina would never forget the utter devastation and sorrow in the woman's face as she quietly said, "They have Jack. They found him just outside the barrier."

     Riley sagged in relief. "Oh thank the-"

     Dani shook her head, "-in pieces Riley. They cut him up and put him in a sack. Drake found him."

     Riley shook her head, "No." She uttered with horror.

     Angelina felt sick as Dani continued to speak in low, hushed tones. Each word seemed worse than the last.

     She thought about Evie being cut into pieces and stashed in a bag by some psychotic asshole. Bile rose in her throat as she grabbed the bin beside the desk and vomited inside.

     She heard Riley ask if they found something else, but Dani shook her head. She could feel both of their eyes on her, studying her expression. She didn't care that she was losing composure. Her baby sister was out there and she didn't know where she was.

     "Mason has already informed Jack's family. They're all there." Dani said quietly. There was only sniffles in her voice as she spoke but Angelina couldn't hear a single word clearly through the chaos in her mind.

     What was she doing sitting around this Pack doing nothing?

     The emergence of Jack's body only shuffled her worries to the forefront of her brain. She had been ignoring the root of the problem for too long.

     She scrambled to her feet, despite the sudden dizziness that consumed her body. She had to get out of there and look for Evie herself. There wasn't any time for her to wait for-

     Mason suddenly appeared at the door, looking utterly drained. His usual golden skin looked paler than usual. His gaze instantly fell on her, noting her troubled expression. He immediately became alert, glancing between her and the door, "What are you doing?" He asked slowly, his voice rough. Misery shone dimly in those specks of greens in his eyes.

     "I have to find Evie. I can't stay here any longer. She's probably scared-"

     "-No. You can't go. This was a warning. You can't leave Angelina. It's dangerous."

     Maybe she would've taken much more notice that he was using her name but her thoughts were consumed with Evie.

     She shook her head, fighting the wave of bile that settled over her, "I have to. I need to go now." She moved forward but Mason stepped into her path, effectively blocking the exit. "I won't let you."

     She faltered a step. "Stop. What are you doing?"

     She was stunned when the weight of his hand suddenly settled on her shoulder. His fingers cupped the back of her neck, slowly caressing the sensitive spot there. "You're high on emotions right now. Don't run off. You'll get hurt."

     His eyes were so sincere she instantly felt like an absolute asshole. "I need to run for a bit." She sighed, combing her fingers through her locks. She couldn't stay within these four walls any longer. Her wolf was becoming agitated and she couldn't control her if she decided to surface without mutual agreement. The last time she let loose, she had almost allowed her wolf too much control.

     "I'll join you." He added curtly.

     "No, I'll be okay-"

     "Wait for me." He instructed. She forced her retort to stay down and watched as he joined Riley and Dani. He opened his arms and they both fled into them, sobbing fiercely into his chest. He expelled a long soft sigh, gathering them close.

     Mason was whispering on top of their heads, offering comfort.

     She averted her eyes and studied her slender hands. She felt like an intruder in their midst.

     She stepped out of the room, letting them have their grief.

     When Mason finally slipped out of the room on silent feet, he led them to the back of the Pack house. He was quick to unlace his boots, setting them beside the steps that descended to the grass field.

     From her peripheral, swirls of colours painted the air around him as he transformed.

     She jerked mid-step, awed by the dark sepia wolf sitting at the edge of the stairs, peering up at her with those sharp irises. Deep hazel eyes watched her, waiting patiently.

     She toed off her own boots, not wanting them to be wrecked in the morphing process.

     She filled her lungs with air and leaped off the porch, letting the sensation of the transformation roll through her body in soft ripples.

     There was no pain, only slight discomfort as she landed on her four paws in the next breath. She didn't need a mirror to know that she was a light silver wolf with blue undertones. She could see her own reflection in Mason's irises. Angelina spotted her wolf's vibrant verdant eyes, studying the other wolf critically.

     Mason's wolf warily approached, grazing his dark snout against her coat tentatively.

     What are you doing?

     She was stunned by how rough her voice sounded.

     It's not me. My wolf is curious. He doesn't really do this.

     He hasn't requested my permission to touch.

     Hold on.

     A few seconds ticked by before the big wolf eased back, lowering his body to his paws in a silent but sure gesture.

     He didn't bow his head because he was an Alpha. Alphas never dipped their heads; however, he was doing something close to it as he remained poised in a huddle. He reminded her of the Sphinx. At that moment, it was difficult to not remember that wolf and man were more than just dangerous.

     My wolf has restrained himself and is asking permission.

     Angelina emulated his posture.

     Man and wolf took that as a sign to approach.

     She remained languid on the grass, assessing his approach. Now that her wolf surfaced, her emotions -ones her wolf considered to be utterly human- dimmed in her plight to sidle closer to the Alpha.

     A shot of apprehension peaked as her wolf craned her neck, examining Mason with a great deal of suspicion, inquisitiveness and... attraction.

     She jolted from the surprise. Her wolf rarely took notice of other wolves. It was a startling surprise she was even sizing up Mason's wolf.

     Don't do anything rash. She warned her wolf.

     Her wolf huffed, as if insulted.

     Please. She pleaded.

     I won't hurt him.

     That was the best she could do for now.

     Mason jerked his head to the line of trees that led deeper into the forest.

     Her wolf yipped, falling into step with the bigger wolf.

***

     Mason had led her to a stream of water that trickled down the slope of hills. The trees thinned the closer they approached the rippling current.

     Her wolf instantly dashed for the clear water, pawing at it with the grace of a young child. She flopped onto her back, dampening her thick coat.

     Mason sprawled near the base of a tree; his furry head perched on his two front paws as he intently watched her frolic around.

     Every few minutes she checked that she wasn't emitting any dominant vibes. It wasn't too hard to do but sometimes her wolf liked to be difficult. Her wolf understood why they couldn't show their true self but that didn't mean she hid her belts of anger. Her wolf had the right to be infuriated by the sentence they were bestowed with. It was unfair but it protected Rosie.

     The trickle of flowing water snagged her attention from her musings.

     She never would understand her wolf's pleasure with water. Any body of water was like an amusement park for her animal counterpart.

     Even in human form, she felt the flush of pleasure each time she dipped into a lake, pool, or sea. She could float for hours until her fingers pruned. She loved it.

     Her wolf spotted a few fish. She howled in glee, racing for the poor suckers.

     She tried to urge her wolf into another direction but her wolf swiped her big paw into the stream of water, whacking out two fish. They flopped like eels; it should've turned her off but she felt oddly famished watching the two fish jostle along the wet banks.

     Mason joined her, craning his neck. She was still amazed by how much bigger he was than her wolf up close.

     Her wolf pushed one fish towards him, urging him to eat.

     Mason released a huff of air, as if confused but delighted by the offer. He accepted the fish, picking it up between his white teeth. He threw the morsel up into the air and cracked his jaw open, devouring it in one gulp.

     Her wolf yipped and flung her portion into her mouth.

     Her wolf began to tire a few hours later. She managed to heap up more fish and had offered Mason a few more. He accepted each gift with a soft huff, as if amused yet charmed at the same time by her offers.

     It was only when they treaded back to the Pack house she realised that her emotions had become as calm and tranquil as the little stream behind them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

352K 10.5K 37
Would you be willing to go through Hell to get your happily ever after? --- "Sebastian, do not come any closer to me," I whispered. He ignored my ple...
385K 10.2K 23
"Your mine," I tell her, trying to control my breathing. "As your mine." She whispers back, her sweet breath fanning across my face. We smile goofily...
28.6M 878K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
1.2M 46.6K 31
Book 4 of The Alpha Series! Cannot be read as a standalone book! Highest rank: #1 in Werewolf genre on 06/11/2019! Amelia Reid and Ivan Romanov were...