A New Life

By ConnorArlert

(Smut) Manga spoilers How does the rest of the crew recover and live their lives after Eren's destruction on... More

1. The Night
2. Preparing for Battle
3. Aftermath
4. A New Life
5. Remember?
6. Blood
7. The Shooter
8. Odd Reunion
9. I Want You
Thoughts on chapter 139
11. Rescue
12. Confession
13. Birthday
Author's Note
14. Breakdown
15. A WHAT?
16. Movie Night
17. Distractions
18. Boat
19. Boat (Part 2)
ANNOUNCEMENT!!
20. Last time
21. Thank you... (END)
It's Finally Done!

10. Risks

1.3K 28 10
By ConnorArlert

Annie's POV

"Well this got a lot lot worse didn't it?"

Armin chuckled "Yeah, it did. At least we know Historia is right here" he said while placing his hand on her shoulder.

"Wait, what's going on?" Historia said confused.

"I'm working here undercover to save Armin, but you came into the mix" I explained and Historia responded with an 'Oh'

Armin went to a chair in a desk and took out a pen and paper and started writing down. I realized what he was doing so I ran to him and held hard on his wrist. "What the hell are you doing? I thought you said you wouldn't write your resignation" I said.

"That was before Historia came in" he looked over at Historia who was sitting on the bedside looking down. Armin then proceeded to writing but I snatched his pen and threw at the other side of the room. He sighed heavily.

"Don't you realize that if you give up your position, Williams will take control of Eldia, YOUR HOME!" I screamed at him. He looked at me with tears in his eyes and I came down to hug him.

"I'm sorry, Annie.. I.." I covered his mouth because I didn't want him to say anything more.

"We have to think of plan to send a message to Levi and the others" I said more to him than myself, because I knew he'd be the one to formulate the best plan. I wiped ways his own tears to calm him down.

"The only thing I can think of is for you to write a letter for them and sneak outside and go to the city which is a mile away from here" he said sarcastically and sighed heavily "basically what I'm saying its unlikely and we don't have much of a choice, but agree to what they say"

"But, I can probably steal a car or a horse and get to the city faster." He looked up at me like he's thinking if it could work.

"We need to see how tight their security is at night right now" He reasoned. He held my hands and lifted my face to look at him straight in the eyes. "Be smart about this, if the security detail is too hard for you. Don't go... I can't lose you"

I nodded and stood up until someone opened the cell door and I looked it to be Connor. I quickly got in character and punched Armin so hard he jumped off the chair and into the floor. Historia got up and ran to him to see if he was okay.

"Consider that a warning, Arlert!" I screamed as I looked down on him. Connor laughed in the back.

"Well he isn't cooperating is he? alright" Connor went up to Historia and took out a knife and settled it on her throat.

"Wait! wait.. I'll do it, just leave her alone" Armin pleaded as he tried to get up but groaned in pain at my strike on him.

Connor smiled while Historia looked terrified and started crying "Too bad boy.. consider this a punishment" he was about to slice her throat when I held his wrist. He looked at me in surprise.

"Wait, we can still use her as leverage. I know Armin here better than anyone in this house, if you kill Historia now, he doesn't have anything else to lose and will never write the resignation." I pleaded at him and he let go of Historia.

"Yeah you're right Leonhart, but if he doesn't write it in the next couple hours. I have no choice" he smiled at me then left the cell.

I tended to Historia who was crying to calm her down. "Are you okay?" Historia then lunged at me for a hug that I then reciprocated.

"Thank you, Annie.. you saved my life" she said. I pulled back then went to Armin still laid on his back on the floor.

"You okay, tough guy?" I joked and he laughed with a few coughs.

"Yeah, you kinda overplayed your part Annie" he said and I chuckled as I helped him back up to his chair on the desk.

"What are we gonna do now? We only have a few hours until they come back again" Historia said as she went back to sit on the bedside.

"Well, I can go outside and see how tight their security really is. I'll come back if it's too much to handle." I said while Historia looked at me. Damn she really is a goddess.

As I went up to the door Armin stopped me and I turned back to look at him in concern. He gave me a worried look "Please, Annie. If it's too mu.." I interrupted him as I pulled him in for a kiss. Armin, surprised, held my waist gently. I could hear a gasp from Historia at the sudden action.

I pulled out for a breath and smiled at him. I turned around and went my way outside.

Armin's POV

I sighed heavily as Annie left the cell to check outside. Is this what she felt when I was kidnapped? I looked back to see Historia gazing at me but then averted her gaze quickly away when I caught her.

I went towards her and sat next to her on the bedside. "How's Ymir?" I asked about her new daughter that she named after her previous lover Ymir.

"She's fine back at home at least, I think about her and it relaxes my mind knowing she's safe" she said with a smile. She then playfully nudged me in the side and laughed.

"But, what about you huh? Annie? I'm surprised, I didn't even know she was capable of love" she joked. It was true everyone thought that Annie was a emotionless beast, but I knew she was a good person.

I laughed as well "We'll I guess we confessed back then two years ago as we made our way to stop Eren" She saddened at mention of Eren.

"Anyways, after being separated for two years and met again. I guess we couldn't resist eachother" I smiled.

"I always thought you would be with Hitch" she said smiling.

"Hitch is a really good friend, I think if Annie hadn't existed, we probably would be a thing" I laughed thinking a world without Annie would've been weird, for me at least.

I turned sad, looking down "Im sorry Historia, I never thought about visiting you these last two years. The only time I would see you is in dinner with friends. I've never thought how you would feel after Eren's... you know" I confessed.

I never thought about how Historia felt about all this, she was always in the sidelines. She and Eren did have a good relationship, there were even some rumors about her baby being his and not the supposed farmer, but I never bothered to ask because it didn't really matter in the end.

"It's okay Armin, you were very busy rebuilidng Eldia after all that. I know... you tend to hate yourself and think that you're useless.. especially when you were revived instead of Commander Erwin." She held my hand in reassurance. I smiled at the thought of Commander Erwin, he was my inspiration and I always thought about what he would do in my situation.

"Im happy that you at least found someone so you could feel that your life has meaning" she said as I looked at her as she meant Annie.

"The thought of Annie does relax me at times, even though she did torture me, but it was for the sake of my life" I said as I laughed softly with Historia.

"I felt the same way for Ymir... I mean Ymir from our training days. After I lost her... I felt empty, but I moved on and did my part on the world. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if she... passes away, no matter how bad it feels.. you have to find a way to move on" She reassured me by tightening her grip on my hand and side hugged me.

"Thanks Historia, never thought you would give great advice like that" I smiled and she softly hit me in the shoulder in response.

We were startled as the door opened and Annie came into view. I let out a relived sigh that she came back.

"I couldn't, they are too many guards out there, I'm sorry" Annie said.

I walked up to her to hug and she reciprocated. "It's fine.. I'm just happy that you're okay"

Levi's POV

We were hiding behind some trees as we were spying on a big mansion. We followed Armin's convoy since there were sightings reported of a strange carriage and two cars guarding it on the road.

"Why is a politician keeping the Commander of the Scouts in his own mansion?" Hitch said as she informed us earlier that the owner of the house is of one Andrew Williams, a well known politician.

"I don't know, but it is very suspicious that they look like their expecting a war" I said as I pointed out the immense amount of guards in the front gate and all around the perimeter.

"Then they're keeping Armin there, Annie as well, we have to go now" Mikasa suggested and I nodded.

"We need to formulate a plan first in order to further accomplish to infiltrate a fort like this" I said and thought about various strategies to break in.

"A full on assault is too risky, there are too many guards and we would most likely get killed along with them." I sighed deeply. "We need to get in quietly... as quiet as possible at least."  I said as I looked at both of them for help on this.

"I mean we have ODM gear, so we can go for a quick rescue. One for Armin, and the other for Annie" Mikasa planned and I nodded. I still had doubts though.

"Something wrong Captain?" Hitch caught my doubting face.

"We still don't know what they're using him for, we don't even know if he still alive." I said as I saw Hitch and Mikasa's face go in shock.

"I don't think so, Annie would've gotten out as soon as possible if he died" Mikasa said with confidence.

"I suppose you're right, but we still don't know the enemies' motivations" I reasoned. I looked over the mansion, it was guarded by a big fence with guards on the front. We could use ODM gear to jump over the fence since they are trees in the other side. But we have to create a diversion to distract the guards so we can go in unseen.

"We can go over the fence, but the problem is distracting the guards, any ideas?" I asked them. Hitch did a dumb 'ding' sound as she raised her finger as she had a plan. I'm working with an idiot.

She pulled out a couple of grenades, Mikasa and me widened our eyes at what she was holding. "Why the fuck did bring grenades?" I aggressively whispered to her.

"Becaaaause I thought we were gonna have a big fight with them, sooooo why not pack the bug guns!" she said with a wide smile as I rolled my eyes.

"Okay besides your stupidness, this is good. We can use the grenades as a distraction and head in quickly" Levi planned out as Hitch and Mikasa nodded at his plan.

Hitch tied up all the grenades in a single bag at tied all their pins in a single knot so she could throw it so all of them would detonate at the same time.

Mikasa and I were in position as Hitch threw the grenade bag to the far right as we moved in from the left. The guards were startled at the sudden explosion and they headed to check it out. Mikasa, Hitch and I went to move in and fly to the mansion. As we made our way inside the fence we went into an open window on the first floor.

We found ourselves in a living room with a fireplace. Mikasa nudged me in the shoulder as she found a door leading down to a basement. We were going to head down until we heard a cocking of a gun.

"Who are you!?" A young guard said while aiming a gun at us. I held up my arms in surrender as well as Mikasa and Hitch.

"Look buddy, you don't have to tell anyone. Just walk away if you want to live" Mikasa warned him when the guard was even more nervous when Mikasa reached for her gun holster.

"Wait, Mikasa!!" I tried to stop her.

BAAAMM!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 22.7K 48
Please read the preface before the rest of the book. ~Eren ~Levi ~Armin ~Jean ~Marco ~Erwin ~Hanji ~Mikasa Requests are closed. Oneshots and songfic...
16.7K 230 29
[COMPLETE UNDER EDITING] Ichika Hayashi is abandoned at the age of 18, she is left bearing a child by a man she wished she never came across. A few y...
2.9K 259 23
Descriptions are for cucks. DISCLAIMER: All attack on titan characters belong to Hajime Isayama, I only own the plotline of THIS story. The storylin...
12.2K 223 5
They are victims of their circumstances but guilty of their crimes. It's an experience Annie hoped Armin would never share. WARNING: Explicit content...