The Vampire's Pet

By poltergeist_people

this story contains adult content!!!! read at own risk. I glared at the vampire before me, pressing myself a... More

Prologue
Ch 1: Auction.
Ch 2: New Home
Ch 3: Goodnight
Ch 4: Why?
Ch 6: Jewelry
Ch 7: Ah that.
Ch 8: Only Time Will Tell
Ch 9: Gown
Ch 10: Drink Me.
Ch 11: Dudes and Dresses
Ch 12: Got it.
Ch 13: Monster.
Ch 14: What I Want.
Ch 15: Another Imperfection.
Ch 16: Obedient
Ch 17: Not Drunk Enough.
Ch 18: Damn Him That Bipolar Drunk.
Ch 19: The Quiet Game
Ch 20: Play Time
Ch 21: Prize
Ch 22: Boring Prudish Women
Ch 23: Bad Boy
Ch 24: Everything I Wanted
Ch 25: A Kings Son
Ch 26: Lets Have Sex
Ch 27: Cookies
Ch 28: Not a Word
Ch 29: Calla Lily
Ch 30: Our Little Secret
Ch 31: Ashes
Ch 32: One of Those Moments
Ch 33: Unwittingly
Ch 34: First Step.
Ch 35: ...I am Going to Punch You
Ch 36: Night Terrors
Ch 37: Dinner
Ch 38: You are so Going to Eat Those Words.
Ch 39: You Loooveee Her!!
Ch 40: It's Kind of a Big Topic.
Ch 41: Better in the Long Run.
Ch 42: Three Days Time
Ch 43: Teach me What I Need to Know
Ch 44: Chess
Ch 45: Death Grip
Ch 46: Holy Shit.
Ch 47: Secrets
Ch 48: Falling in Love
Ch 49: This Isn't my Kind of Game.
Ch 50: Fix This Fuck up.
Ch 51: Hypothetically
Ch 52: Five Minutes
Ch 53: I Would Wait Forever
Ch 54: Perfect Flower
Ch 55: Worries, Wants, Needs, Fears, and Nerves
Ch 56: I'll Live Forever
Ch 57: Open Your Eyes
Ch 58: Maybe
Ch 59: Nothing
Ch 60: Make a Visit.
Ch 61: A Bright Side to Everything
Ch 62: Strawberries and Champagne
Ch 63: Taste of Freedom
Ch 64: Waffles
Ch 65: Everything
Ch 66: A Wizard?
Ch 67: How Much?
Ch 68: I'm Yours.
Ch 69: You Hungry?
Ch 70: Drug.
Ch 71: Laugh
Ch 72: High Treason!
Ch 73: Jealous.
Ch 74: Just Gay and Less Deadly.
Ch 75: The History of the Calla Lily
Ch 76: I'm Going to Make This Last Forever.
Ch 77: A Chance
Ch 78: Do you Know how Vampires are Made?
Ch 79: The Best Way to Kill a Mood.
Ch 80: Only a Day.
Ch 81: I Love you Calla.
Ch 82: Wide Eyed and Terrified.
Ch 83: Calla Dawson

Ch 5: Tea

398K 14.3K 7.9K
By poltergeist_people

A/N Sorry about the late update! I was on vacation and such!!

~~

        I sat on a array of red and black cushions and blankets made of several different rich fabrics I didn't know the name of, leaning against Kaden's chair as he sat having drinks with his friends.

        I had tuned out their conversation in favor of lying on my stomach instead of against his chair the moment the harpy woman began to speak playing idly with my perfectly done nails. I was so consumed with my pointless task I nearly jumped when a plate of tea sandwiches and finger foods was placed in front of me on a trey along with delicate teacup filled to the brim with something that smelled flowery and sweet.

        I eyes the fine china for a moment before nabbing one of the mini sandwiches and taking a small curious bite. I nearly smiled as I chewed, it was tasty. I took another bite and chewed slower this time, Strawberry, cucumber, cream cheese?, Lemon, and Basil? It was unusual and not anything I had ever had before, I rested on one elbow and sipped at my tea, smiling as the taste hit my tongue there was honey in it.

        I love honey.

        I quietly munched away at the foods preferring the little strawberry sandwiches over the other ones and spending more time playing with some of the decadent foods then eating them.

        I frowned when I reached for another little sandwich and found there to be no more. I took to glaring at the plate before a very dainty, pale, hand appeared before me holding a plate of those little sandwiches. My gaze followed the hand up to the arm and to the shoulder before finally resting on Gwen's face, she was smiling happily at me as she leaned over the large glass coffee table, careful not to break anything.

        Glancing around, I noted that all eyes had focused on us before I slowly reached up and took one of the sandwiches, suspicious of what she wanted.

        She giggled lightly, "Ill trade you all mine for your deviled eggs?"

        I glanced at the uneaten eggs on my trey, those things were nasty. I nodded and took her plate before practically shoving the small plate of eggs at her.

        She grinned as if delighted, "good these are my favorite."

        I gave her an odd look, I couldn't believe she actually enjoyed those things.

        Kaden set his cup onto the table, "Gwen, don't go feeding her a bunch of fattening crap."        

        Ah there was that improper vampire lord I had a glimpse at.

        Gwen rolled her eyes, "oh hush Kaden, even you have to admit she's adorable when shes eating those, she looks so happy! And she seems awful hungry. You didn't forget to feed her right?"

        He seemed irritated, "I fed her, she just didn't eat much."

        Angelica rolled her eyes, "well I guess all you had to do was feed her fattening sandwiches and she would inhale them like a swine."

        I glared at her, tempted to throw a sandwich at her head but they were too good to waste on her.        

        Gwen ignored her, "so Calla have you had sandwiches like these before?"

        I shook my head, "nope. And all the stuff they would feed me at the pet shop was crap."

        She frowned, "I heard that particular shop took very good care of their pets."

        I nodded, "oh yeah steaks all around and top of the line things I cant pronounce for everyone but me."

        It was Kadens turn to frown, catching my attention as he took my plate, "why?"

        I shrugged, "too many times sent to the whipping room? I don't know."

        Gwen seemed horrified, "they whipped you?!"

        I rose a brow at her, "uh yeah? I still have a scar or two to prove it but the maid covered that up with makeup. They stuffed my food with this weird medication after they were through with beating the crap out of me so the scars would fade fast if they even formed in the first place."

        I hadn't even noticed Kadens grip had gone white on the plate he was holding until an audible crack broke through the room, "they beat you and then forced medication on you to hide the proof?"

        I looked at him curiously before my mind flashed back to the auction and realization dawned upon me, he hated the other vampire even touching me. I'm sure a good beating riled his weird temper. Slowly I rose and took a sandwich from the plate he still held, "I guess. The owner had really wanted to break me in an make me the perfect pet because he thought I was pretty and my hair color is insanely light even for a blonde not to mention my blood type. After a bit he realized that I wasn't going to break, not if he still wanted me pretty so he resolved to try selling me as is and told me if I didn't sell by third auction he would drain my blood and serve it to his top clients."

        Kaden looked furious, clearly angry that his new pet was damaged before he even pulled out his wallet, Slowly his gaze raked over my body, "You said you still have scars?"

        I nodded.

        His eyes narrowed in displeasure, "We will have to deal with that."

        My frown shifted to a scowl, well gee sorry I'm not perfect.

        Slowly his attention turned back to his friends and he started back on their previous conversation, handing me the cracked plate, the subject of my beatings immediately dropped."

        I set the plate back onto my little trey no longer hungry. 

        I wondered how long I would have to sit here, his friends were almost as irritating as he was if not more so.

~~

        Kaden POV: 

        I nearly snarled into the phone but rained in my temper just in time, "I am inquiring as to why my new pet, of only a day might I add, has scars on her back."

        The shop owners voice took on a nervous tone, as it should, I don't like my things touched. Everyone knows that. and the weasel never told me she was damaged, "My apologies Lord Dawson. I was unaware they did not put her scars in her file."

        I slowly sank back into my chair, knowing full well that if I was to ask about why they covered the scars the day of the auction he would just ramble something about how it wouldn't look good under the lighting if her scars were visible. "So you are telling me that I bought a girl who I was assured to by physically flawless due to a typo?"

        I the blood in my crystal wine glass swirl before taking a sip, listening to the shop owner ramble desperately, "I apologize Lord Dawson, if you find the girl unsatisfactory you may return her to the store I would be happy to have you in the shop again to look through the selection of pets privately if you would like. Free of charge of course, and if it satisfies you you can keep the blonde as well. her blood is precious after all."

        I pretended to think it over for a second, "No. You see what i think happened is that you lied, to me. I think you took me for a fool and thought you could beat something and sell it to me believing that I wouldn't be angry once I discovered my property was damaged. Tell me, do you take me for a fool?"

        He sputtered, "O-of course not my lord! you are renowned for-"

        I tuned him out, my eyes focusing on my laptops screen which proudly displayed live footage from the camera in Calla's room.

        She was pacing as if angry. She had been doing so since my friends left, clearly debating something, clearly trying to decide something. Her the intricate curls in her hair bouncing as she moved. I narrowed my gaze on the screen, a lot of her bounced actually without any support.

        It was no wonder Gabriel and Jerric couldn't take their eyes off her, Calla was beautiful and interesting after all.

        I tuned back into the shop owners annoying praises, "-and you have been generous enough to donate large sums of money to programs for hu-"

        My pet had just flopped onto the deep blue velvet duvet and attached herself to a silver silk throw pilow. I wondered what had her so riled up, perhaps she was gaining her rebellious spirit again. The would be interesting. I cut off the shop owners still continuing rant, "This is how things are going to go, you are going to refund me in full for my purchase and I am going to keep my pet, understand?"

        He sputtered, "w-what?"

        I drummed my fingers against the chairs arm, un impressed, "I do not like repeating myself. I expect a check in the mail within 3 days." I hung up on him before he could protest further. I had work to do and no time to bargain with him. Glancing at my laptop screen once more I zoomed in a bit; Calla was fast asleep, probably exhausted from the nights adventures. Picking up my paperwork I decided that calling for a maid to wake her could  wait an hour or so.

        Time ticked by and the only sound in my study was the soft scratching of my pen and the shuffling of paper as I read and signed document after document. Land grants, contracts, checks, deals, and so on stopping to write a quick note for the kitchen staff about Calla's diet so they would be sure to include those sandwiches whenever she had tea. She seemed to enjoy them and after hearing about how she was treated in the pet shop I would not tolerate anything but foods she thoroughly enjoyed, I couln't have her stop eating as I was told she did during her stay at the shop. I needed her healthy.

        Glancing at the screen then the clock on the desk I called for a maid to wake her up, its been a bit over an hour sine her blue eyes fluttered closed. 

        A corner of my lip twitched upwards as on-screen-Calla chucked a pillow at the maid.

        Such a violent temper for a little thing.

        I clicked on the volume and listened as Callas angry voice filled the room, "I don't give a damn! your master can suck it!"

        My brows slowly rose as she stormed from the room. It only took a minute or so for her to stroll into my study, "hello little flower."

        She mimicked me under her breath with a poor imitation of my accent. "what do you want Kaden?"

        Ah so my pet was angry when awoken, "nothing much, I had just forgotten to tell you that a jeweler is coming in a few days with an assortment of sketches of jewelry for your navel designed especially for you and some sketches of others that have yet to be made. You may pick out whatever you like."

        She eyed me for a moment, "a jeweler? where from?"

        I spared her a glance, "My home country."

        Her brows furrowed, "which is..."

        "England."

        Her eyes widened, "holy crap your British."

        "wonderful observation pet."

        She was still gawking at me, "do you use words like barmaid and bloke?"

        I frowned at her slightly irritated, "I left home long ago pet."

        A  tiny grin formed on her lips, "you so do! say something British!"

        She looked delighted, frankly it was a bit annoying seeing her delight at my expense, "maybe if your good and stop cursing at the maids." 

        She seemed to physically deflate, eyes growing sad and glossy lips forming a pout, she muttered to herself, "...but I've never met someone from another country before..."

        I ran my hand through my hair and eyed her wearily, "fine if you're good maybe I'll buy you some candy floss and fairy cake."

        She took a moment to process what i had just said before she grinned, "awesome...what does that mean?"

        I shook my head at her as she anxiously pranced to my desk, "Candy floss is what you would call cotton candy and a fairy cake is sort of like a cupcake or a small sponge cake."

        She let out a delighted noise and leaned over the desk, "you should talk British more often its interesting."

        I didn't bother correcting her and pointing out that either way its English, "I find that Americans have trouble following what I say then."

        She shrugged, "fine, but you sound cooler the other way."

        I ignored her comment, "have you decided upon your room or will you be accompanying me again tonight?"

        She pursed her lips, "I like my room, when did you say dinner was?"

        "I didn't."

        She looked away, "so when is it?"

        I rose my glass at her, "to the dining room we go then."

        She rolled her eyes but waited for me before strolling out the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 8.4K 33
(Book 1 in the 'Blood Drops' series) Five drops for the vampires who drink it. Four for the creatures who relish in it. Three for the strong who take...
19.7K 1.4K 28
Evelyn Sapphire, a young college student. She works hard in her degree, but plays even harder at night. With her best friend by her side, an Australi...
4.3K 139 83
"I will always find you. No matter where, no matter how far. I will. Always. Find. You." He snarled at me, so close I could feel his breath hitting m...
10.9K 535 49
When the world is taken over by the vampire race witches are pushed to near extinction. They are considered a threat to the king's rule and sentenced...