A Jedi's Duty

moon_11412

Luna Coran has always dreamed of growing up and becoming a padawan fighting side by side with her master, but... Еще

Info.
Destroy Malevolence
Mission
A New Beginning
Dooku Captured
The Gungan General
Dreams
Holocron Heist
Boredom
Children of the Force
Landing at Point Rain
Weapons Factory

Master Kenobi...

385 11 4
moon_11412

Luna's POV

I narrow my eyes in concentration, deflecting laser bolts here and there with my two cyan lightsabers. 

Right. Left. Duck. Roll. Deflect. The moves come more and more naturally as I practice with the training droids. Usually, I would work with Master Vol'tra on lightsaber techniques, but today she had a mission so I had to train alone.

I sigh, using the force to turn off the training droids. Slumping to the ground, I thought about my dream. To become someone's padawan and eventually, a Jedi Knight and Master.

I had wished it since the day I had become a youngling but the clone war had taken my chance away. Jedi Masters used to visit the temple every day to search for a padawan, but since the clone war started most were all busy with the war to look for one. I was now 13. A little old to still be a youngling, but exceptions were made because of the clone war. 

I sigh, closing my eyes. One day I'll be a padawan. I tell myself. One day. Footsteps make my eyes open, and I hold back a groan when I see my mortal enemy. Hayden K'liek.

"Training on your own again Looney?" He smiles cruelly, "Looks like you'll have to wait for some sympathetic master to help you."

I stand up and glare at him, "I was practicing." I put my lightsabers in my belt, "And don't take your anger on me because no Master wants you."

My words hit Hayden like a punch, and he takes out his dark blue lightsaber and jumps at me. I barely have time to take out my lightsaber to block the blow.

His eyes burn with anger and I smirk, "What? Don't like the truth?"

"You and I both know that no Master wants you. It's only a matter of time before I get chosen, leaving you in the dust." He snarls back, "You have no talent whatsoever. It's a wonder that no one's noticed yet."

"I'm not a mirror, you know." I snap back angrily. I gracefully do a backflip and deactivate my lightsabers, walking out of the training hall to my dorm.

I decide to meditate for a while in my room and close my eyes, seeking guidance from the force. I feel myself replaying Hayden's words You and I both know that no Master wants you. I sigh. He was right. No master wanted me. It was only a matter of time when Master Yoda realized that I was too old to be a youngling any longer. Then I would be sent to work at the agricorps where I would never learn to be a Jedi.

No. I tell myself firmly. I would not fall into a pit of despair. There was still time for me. My thoughts end up chasing each other in circles, and I fall asleep, thoughts still racing.

*~The Next Day~*

I hurry to class as usual. Today Master Vol'tra was back and I had class with her first thing today. I walk down the halls of the temple, thinking about my lightsaber techniques. They were getting better, but I still needed more work on Ataru. I always seemed to favour Soresu, but still added Ataru moves here and there. Once I reach the training chambers, I smile at Master Vol'tra who was standing at her usual spot at the front of the class, but instead of standing alone, a Jedi with auburn hair and a beard was talking with her. 

Master Kenobi. The voice echoes in my head. I had read almost every book and holocrom from the Archives about all the Jedi Masters at the Temple. I find myself wondering what he was doing here. Shouldn't he be on a mission?

Then it hit me. He was here to look for a new padawan. I feel a spark of panic flash through me, which I quickly covered up. What if I messed up while he was watching? What if I do something wrong? What if I say something that I shouldn't. 

My thoughts eventually calm down. He was here to look for a padawan. It was simple. The force will decide. I tell myself. Just be cool, be calm. Be yourself.

By the time the rest of the class had gotten to the training chambers, I had finished warming up. Master Vol'tra told us that Master Kenobi would be here to watch our class, and help out if needed but we all knew that he was looking for a padawan. 

Master Vol'tra must have noticed our uneasiness because she smiled kindly at all of us and said that it would be the same as any other class. She sorted us into sparring partners, and sadly, I was paired with Hayden.

He smirks at me, "Ready to lose Looney?"

I glare at him, "One, my name is Luna, get that into your thick head! And second, you're going down."

The rest of the class fades away as I ignite my lightsabers. Hayden does the same, and he immediately takes offence. I block his strikes easily, predicting where each of his moves would take him. Soon, I get bored of defence, so I switch to a more complicated form of Ataru, sticking left and right. I could sense Hayden getting angrier by the second, and I knew from experience that he was about strike back. 

I frown as he charges at me mindlessly and quickly somersault away. Taking my defensive position again, he rains down hard and clumsy blows that I block with ease. 

"Why are you fighting so hard Looney?" He taunts, "Want to impress Master Kenobi?" He strikes me again, "Don't even bother trying. He has his eyes on me."

I could feel a familiar rage build up inside of me as he spoke, and I bite my lip, "You're just saying that." 

His eyes light up, "No it's true, and you know it."

A fire was burning inside of me. I wanted to let all my anger out, but I knew that I shouldn't in front of the two Masters in the room. So, I take a breath and try to ignore all of Hayden's hurtful words.

By the time Master Vol'tra tells us that we can stop, both me and Hayden were panting. Neither of us had won. I feel the back of my neck prickling and I turn around, seeing Master Kenobi staring at me and Hayden thoughtfully.

I feel myself gulp. Was that good or bad? I wanted to hit myself. I should have hidden my anger. If Master Kenobi had been watching us the whole time, then he must have noticed how much anger I had.

Well, what's done is done. I tell myself. Too late to change anything now. Master Vol'tra tells us that that was it for the day and that we were dismissed. We all bow respectfully and slowly trickle out the door. I turn my head around one last time to see Master Kenobi discussing something with Master Vol'tra.

Obi-wan's POV

I watch as the Younglings all get split into groups they murmur excitedly to each other hoping that by tomorrow they would be a Padawan. Once Master Vol'tra had separated them all into groups, they all begin sparring. There were flashes of colour, but no one had caught my attention. 

Then, I feel something through the force. Glancing to my left, I see a girl duelling a boy. They both seemed about 13, almost 14, a bit old to still be younglings. I think to myself. The Force seemed to be drawing me in towards one of them and I concentrate harder. I sensed a feeling of anger coming from one of them- maybe both of them since neither looked very calm. The boy struck down hard in uncoordinated blows. The boy says something to the girl too quiet for me to hear, and she falters a bit. Suddenly, I felt anger charge through the force, but it began to fade away as the duelling match continued.

I glance and Master Vol'tra. "Those two look a bit old," I say casually, nodding towards the boy and girl.

 Master Vol'tra nods, "Yes, they're both 13, almost 14." She smiles at me, "Are you interested?"

I nod, "They're both quite skilled," I watch as the girl begins to take offence, "What are their names?"

"Luna Coran and Hayden K'liek." She smiles fondly at both of them. "Both very talented. There's nothing more I can teach them." 

I nod, deep in thought, "I'll think about it." I tell her.

By the end of the Younglings' class, I had reached a decision. 

"What do you think?" Asks Master Vol'tra once the class had all left.

"They both seem quite strong with the force, but I want to understand them more. I still don't know who will be a better pair with me on the battlefield." I pause, "I am due to reinforce Anakin's fleet ASAP..."

Hiiii!
Okay, some of this is messed up, I know Obi-wan was already in space when all of this is happening, but bear with me, okay? It will get better.
Thanks for reading the first chapter anyways!

~May The Force Be With You~

~Moon~

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

33K 519 26
Luna Skywalker is the older sibling (13) of Anakin Skywalker (9). The siblings lived a normal life as slaves on Tatooine with their mother. Until a...
3K 200 27
- 𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐀 𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐀 is a young Padawan training in the Jedi Temple. Forced into close proximity with her rival, Anakin Skywalker, Regina begi...
Rexsoka love story doglover622

Любовные романы

100K 2.2K 50
This is a story that takes place during the clone wars. This is a Rex and Ahsoka love story! Enjoy! This book has a lot of grammar and spelling mista...
966K 28.2K 106
| The Wattys 2022 Shortlist | 𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒅𝒊𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅? Taken from an early age from her family in Scarif in the Outer...