Together... and Apart

By jcleswrites

Two amazing actors falling in love onset.. how will they manage to see each other everyday? +Creds to Warner... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32

Part 27

856 25 30
By jcleswrites

(Words written in italic are things that happened in the past..)

David's POV:

Yesterday was absolutely amazing.. the kiss- it still replays in my head over, and over again. I can't get her out of my head. But she's dating someone else now, so there's really no point of making things work anymore. I guess her having a boyfriend already is just a sign for me to start my love life again. I'll just have to get used to the fact that she won't be in my future.

I'm already at the studio, we're getting ready for the last scene; Ross and Rachel's Central Perk kiss. I'm slightly nervous, we're going to be kissing in front of a much larger crowd this time. But I kissed her yesterday so I bet this one will be fine. Yesterday I was so into the kiss that I almost didn't stop- I ended up slipping my tongue in her mouth.. I better not let that happen today. I look at myself in the mirror one last time, making sure my hair is fixed nicely. It's supposed to be slightly wet because in a part of the scene I'll be waiting outside for her to open the door, and it's pouring outside. Well, not outside, on the set. 

I walk out of my dressing room, I don't find Jennifer anywhere. It's fine, I'll get her off my mind for a little. I see Matt sitting on an armchair, looking over tomorrows script. I need to talk to someone- I have too much on my mind. I walk over to him, sitting on the sofa across from where he's sitting.

"Hey, man." he says, a smile growing on his face. Wow, he's actually being nice.

"Hey.." I respond, nervously fiddling with my fingers.

"Don't worry about the kiss David, and don't worry about Jen. Speaking of her, I'm sorry about the break up.." he says, guilt in his eyes. He feels bad. Huh? The world is literally changing so much.. Matt used to hate me, and now he's nice. I can tell by his face expression that he actually feels bad for me, his eyebrows are slightly furrowed and there's a small frown on his face.

"Yeah, it's fine.. I can't fix the past." I respond with a sad smile, running my fingers through my hair. We talk for a few more minutes, Matt calms me down a little, which helps out a lot. I never knew he could be such a greta person. Marta comes running over to us, ready to announce something.

"David, it's time.." she exclaims, clapping her hands together. I inhale deeply, as if oxygen is the only thing that could save me from this. A rush of panic kicks in my head and my body. I'm not ready.. and least I don't think I am. I follow Marta and look behind me, waving at Matt as he gives me a thumbs up. I respond with a smile and continue following her. 

We arrive to the Central Perk set, I see her. She looks so beautiful... She's wearing a black shirt, with a dark skirt and an apron on top of it. Her hair is tied up in a bun and she's sitting on the orange sofa, reading over the script. Courteney is sitting beside her, it looks as though she was trying to settle her down. I guess Jennifer is as afraid as I am right now. 

"Okay, Jennifer and David get in your spots!" the directors shout at us, as I walk towards the exit of the coffee-house. I get in my spot, at last noticing how many people are actually here. There's the audience on the balconies above us, then there's the camera crew, and the whole cast. And a few more people I definitely do not recognize. I finally meet Jennifer's blue eyes, she looks pretty nervous. Okay, here we go..

(..)

 "Not, not, not every night. You know, and... and it's not like I didn't try, Rachel, but things got in the way, y'know? Like, like Italian guys or ex-fiancés or, or, or Italian guys." I yell, we're both starting to tear up, trying to stay in character the best we can. 

"Hey, there was one Italian guy, Okay, and do you even have a point?" she yells back at me.

"The point is I... I don't need this right now, Okay. It, it's too late, I'm with somebody else, I'm happy. This ship has sailed." I yell again, I feel hundreds of eyes staring at us right now, making me slightly uncomfortable.

"Yeah, what're you saying, you just sort of put away feelings or whatever the hell it was you felt for me?" she continues.

 "Hey, I've been doin' it since the ninth grade, I've gotten pretty damn good at it." I respond, half-yelling. I begin to walk towards the door of Central Perk, since I'm supposed to storm out.

"All right, fine, you go ahead and you do that, all right Ross!" she yells, behind me.

"Fine." 

"'Cause I don't need your stupid ship!"

"Good."

 "Good." At this point, I'm already outside, waiting for the next part. She opens the door and waits for her line.

 "And ya know what, now I've got closure!" she yells at me, while I wait outside in the fake rain. She locks the door, as I watch her discretely from a small window. She walks over to the couch and sits down, and begins to cry. Okay, the kissing scene is coming soon.. I walk over to the door, and watch her on the couch. I look in the corner of my eye and see multiple cameras pointed in our direction. I watch as she gets up, she turns around and is shocked to see me waiting outside. She walks closer to the door, and wee lock eyes. I get lost in her gorgeous blue eyes once again, it always happens whenever I just Geta. glimpse of her blue circles. She walks closer, we still stare at each other, with so much love. She struggles to open the door, my line is coming up. 

"Try the bottom one.." I say, she listens and unlocks the door, opening it slowly. I wait until it's fully open, and look into her eyes one more time before walking up to her and pulling her into my face. I quickly place my hands on her waist, as I smash my lips on hers. Her soft, cherry lips. I gently kiss her, passionately. Her hands move into my hair, pushing my head into her face. My hands travel up her back until they meet the side of her face. The kiss is getting more intense by the second, our lips begin moving in sync as I start to feel her opening and closing her mouth. I feel her tongue starting to lick my bottom lip, I open it slightly and let her in. I close my mouth a little so nobody could see us kissing with tongue, because generally we're not supposed to. We just got a little carried away and we missed each other, so I guess its fine. We continue kissing passionately, I try to pull away because I heard the director say 'cut' already. I slowly pull away, but she pulls me back into her face. Holy shit. People are watching.. and she wants more. I feel our noses rubbing against each other's, as I deepen the kiss even more. I feel myself getting a little turned on. Awh crap.

"CUTTTT!" the director shouts at us, probably the third time he said that. I pull away from her face, our hands still kept where they were before. I feel my cheeks reddening, kind of embarrassed that this just happened. A few seconds pass, dead silence. I slowly look at the audience and cast, they're eyes are widened and jaws are dropped. I look at Jennifer and gulp, waiting for someone to say something. Anything. Next thing I know, the audience bursts into applaud, and we receive some standing ovations. Everyone begins to clap and scream with overjoy, making me chuckle a little. As I remind myself what just happened, her lips, her soft. warm touch, I feel myself getting turned on again. I just kissed her. I feel myself getting hard- Not now please..! Oh no. No, no.. I scrunch my eyes, as my breathing quickens, trying to hide what I'm feeling right now, and the thing that's growing in my pants. 

"David..? Are you okay?" Jennifer suddenly asks, as the crowd start to leave out the exit, giving us some more privacy.

"Mhm.. yeah, erm, I have to go.." I say quickly, retrieving my hands from Jennifer's shoulders as I walk speedily out of the room. I run out of the studio, I need fresh air. I need time to process what just happened to me. I run to the side of the building, finding some stairs that lead to the roof of the building. It's a known location, mostly by people who have a lot on their minds or celebrities. I reach the roof, and my eyes stop at a figure sitting on the ledge of the flat rooftop. It's a woman, she has short hair, it's brown and slightly glistening from the sunset. I walk closer to her, slowly recognizing her. She turns around, revealing her face.

"HOLY SHIT-" she screams in paranoia, thinking I'm some ghost. She starts to throw rocks at me; I manage to dodge some of them, but some end up hitting my face. 

"Hey..! No.. I-I.. work h-here!" I yell, using my hands as a shield to cover my face from being bruised from any more rocks. 

"Oh! I'm so sorry..! I just got really scared.." she says apologetically while walking towards me. I get a better look of her face.. she's really pretty, bright blue eyes and dark brown hair, slightly tanned face. I recognize her from somewhere..

"It's fine.. do I know you from anywhere..?" I ask her. Her voice is similar to me as well, she has a British accent.

"Oh, probably from TV or something.. I'm Natalie Imbruglia and-" 

"ohh! You're a famous singer..!" I exclaim, smiling. She smiles and nods, I admire her smile for a little. It's so joyful. Even her eyes, they hold so much happiness. 

"I'm so sorry about that.." she says, looking slightly guilty while pointing at the small scars on my face.

"No, really, it's fine.." I say, smiling because of her contagious smile. She seems like a great person.. she's so joyful, and her eyes are really pretty. They remind me of Jennifer a little. Other than the fact that Jennifer's held so much emotion and sadness, while her's are just happy. Her name too, Natalie.. it has a nice ring to it. 

Jennifer's POV:

That was really weird.. David just ran off after the kiss. I'll follow him. Maybe he needs someone to talk to? But at the same time, I cannot let my intentions take over my brain, because I already have a boyfriend. I can't just go off and chase my ex boyfriend, even though there is a slight possibility that I still love him. 

I start to walk to the exit, before Court stops me.

"Where are you going?" she says to me, with a confused look on her face.

"I wanna see why David ran off, maybe he needs-" 

"Yeah, alright.. just remember, you have Brad.." she interrupts me before waving me off. Yes, I know I have Brad already, but David's a friend.. right? I run out of the building, searching for David. I walk towards the side of the building, where a bunch of trash is piled up in the back. There's a few trailers on the parking lots, with people rushing back and forth carrying either props or cameras. I decide to go up these stairs, I think they lead to the roof of the building. Maybe he's there. What will I say to him though..? Should I ask him if he's alright? What if he ends up getting mad at me or something.. but I'm doing the right thing, I'm just checking if he's feeling okay. I reach the last step before hearing muffled noises and giggles. I decide to hide behind a cardboard wall, why is this even up here? I make sure not ruin any bits of my outfit, since it doesn't really belong to me and just in case we have to shoot the scene again I'll have to wear it. I pop my head out to see the two people, I recognize the man.. it's David. He seems so happy.. I squint my eyes some more to see who the woman is. She's really pretty.. David's a lucky man. I can't help but feel slight defeat.. I miss him, I truly do. But he obviously doesn't. He never had such a huge smile on his face before, even with me

I guess this is just a sign to start moving on. I feel my eyes start to water as I begin to realize that he won't ever be with me again, but with any other woman... just not me. I rub my eyes to get rid of the tears; now's not the time to show any sadness. I should be happy for him..! But at the same time, my jealousy stops me from feeling glad for him. I take one last glimpse at them, they're still laughing with huge smiles on their faces. I watch as she moves her hand from her side and onto his thigh, rubbing it back and forth continuously. At this point I feel like screaming out of rage- but I stop myself as I remember how I was the one who decided to end our relationship. However, I don't think that could stop my temper. And the fact that I just had kissed him, makes it even harder for me to not want him back.

March 3rd, 1996

My life suddenly feels so different after these past few weeks. Brad and I have been dating for about two months and a half now, and I feel like he made my life change for the better. He's so understanding and caring, and our relationship is only growing more. I feel as if my love for him has grown; I just haven't told him about that yet. And I only started to realize I love him after a few days ago, when we were watching a movie together and I fell asleep next to him. I remember how he snuggled himself next to me to keep me warm, and how he wrapped his arms around my body while running his fingers through my hair.. it was the best feeling I've felt for a while now. After all the drama with David, I'm starting to realize that there's no point of carrying such a grudge against him. He made a mistake, and that's his problem. Now it's time for me to live my life, without him. And so far, it's going great. 

I feel a body rotating on the other side of my bed, and I shut my eyes and pretend I'm still asleep. Brad just woke up, he's hovering himself closer to me and I feel the warmth of his body slowly heating me up. I slept over at his house.. we watched a movie.. and we ended up.. in bed together. It happened numerous times already, and every time it happened it just felt magical.. but that's not the point right now. He gently places his hand in my hair, slowly running his fingers through the strands. He slowly meets my neck, tracing his finger lightly down my spine, sending shivers all over my body. He moves closer to me, pressing his naked chest against my back, as he pulls me into his arms, gently, of course. He still thinks I'm asleep so he does every move so carefully and thoughtfully; making sure I wouldn't wake up.. but little does he know. I feel him lower his head so it's closer to mine, his breath blowing on my neck. 

"I know you're still asleep.. I just want you to know that you're the most beautiful woman I've ever laid my eyes on.. and," he says, making my heart melt from his generous compliments. After a short pause, he continues. "..I love you..". 

I feel my body warm up and my heart beat quicken. I immediately blush and turn my body around so I'm facing him, and I look deeply into his bright blue eyes. He looks embarrassed, as if he just said something terrible. I place my hand on his cheek, while grinning at him until my cheek bones start to hurt.

"I love you too.." I finally say, the weight suddenly lifted off my shoulders. His face expression changes; he looks relieved and happy. He pulls my face into his, and kisses me passionately. The type of kiss that makes me feel weak. I just hope that I won't end up losing him.. not like what happened to David and I.

David's POV:

I'm surprised I actually got over Jennifer. I got a girlfriend.. and a wonderful one. She's extremely nice, and beautiful.. I can't even describe her in words, that's how amazing she is. Sometimes I wonder if my brain is just messing with me, and making me think these things just to get over the woman I practically live for, AKA Jennifer. But maybe I live for someone else; maybe my heart belongs to someone else, and not Jennifer. Maybe it's Natalie, my girlfriend.. who's an amazing person with an extraordinary personality. I can't help but think of both of them, both of their images flash before my eyes. I feel myself panicking, as if I had to choose one of them to spend the rest of my life with. But it's totally not like that.. Jennifer is dating her new boyfriend 'Brad'. Brad.. an image of him pops in my mind as I remember how he was holding her yesterday outside of the studio.. kissing her.. that's supposed to be me. Wait. No.. that's supposed to be me, but instead of Jennifer, it's Natalie. Right.. Natalie.

I walk out of the bathroom, feeling a little guilty as I was picturing another woman when Natalie is literally under the same roof as me. I wrap the towel tighter around my waist, making sure it doesn't fall. I walk towards my bedroom and find Natalie, wearing my t-shirt while looking at an old photo album with 'DAVID IN HIGH SCHOOL' written on the front cover. Awh, shit. When will people stop looking at my old photos?

"Natalie!" I say, running over to her and walking the album out of her hands.

"Aww.. but babe, you looked so cute in those photos!" she says, putting her lips and grabbing the album back. We fight over it for a couple more minutes before we end up on the floor, and I'm hovering over her as we're both laughing in hysterics. This reminds me of something... when life seemed so much happier.. when my love for Jennifer wasn't announced yet.

"Come onnn David.. I want to see it!" she says, with that cute smile of hers that makes my heart feel like it's about to explode..

"No." I say back, sternly.

"Please?" she says, putting her lips which makes me absolutely insane.

"Okay, Jennifer.. you know I can't say no to that.." I respond

"So it's a yes.." she says snatching the album from my hands.

"No!!"I shout, tackling her on the floor while pinning her wrists onto the hardwood floor. I start to tickle her, as she bursts into giggles. I love hearing that noise..

"No! Stop!" she says in between giggles. "David!!" she starts having a laugh attack, but before I know it she rolls me over, while straddling her legs on my sides. The smirk on her face drives me crazy for her.

"Payback..." she says, laughing at me.

"No! Please Jennifer.." I say as she begins to tickle me. I try to escape from this but I end up hitting my head on the coffee table.

"Shit! I-I'm so sorry, are you okay?!" she shouts as she rubs her fingers over the bomb on my forehead. She looks so concerned for me, she so caring.. she looks into my eyes, and I feel myself getting lost while looking at her angelic features.

"Yeah.. don't worry I deserved it." I say, slightly chuckling. I feel like my heart is pounding much faster and louder, as I feel her hot breath blowing on my chin. She moves closer to my face, as if she were to kiss me. But, it doesn't end up happening...

Natalie kisses me though, stopping me from getting lost in my thoughts. This has to stop happening.. not Natalie kissing me; but thinking about Jennifer. Every time I kiss or.. y'know.. with Natalie, Jennifer pops into my mind at some point. Her voice, her eyes, her lips.. the memories come rushing back, when we were dating. God.. those were good times. But now I'm with Natalie.. and I should focus on that. 

I'm back at the studio, we're rehearsing some scenes for shooting tomorrow. So far, Ross and Rachel kissed at Central Perk, but then Ross had to choose between Rachel and Julie, and he ended up making a list. Ross chose Rachel, and broke up with Julie. But just as things were starting to go great.. Rachel found the list, and got mad at Ross for it. She's still mad at him, but after watching this 'prom video' from when they were young, Rachel realized that Ross really loves her, and would do anything to be with her. They have a make out scene.. which is happening tomorrow. It's going to be a little longer than the Central Perk kiss which makes me get really nervous. Not just because I'm going to kiss my ex girlfriend, but also because she has a boyfriend.. and I have a girlfriend. And the thing that's the most scary, is that this isn't going to be our last make-out kiss on camera. Apparently they sleep together after they officially announce themselves as a couple. Shit. This is going to be really hard. I'm trying my best to get over her, but this.. won't make the process any easier. 

We're still talking, but I've noticed how Jennifer is.. avoiding me. We already have so much tension between us, not good tension though. It's like whenever she looks at me, she wants to rip my head off or something. I want to talk o her about the break up, but I don't know when would be the right time to do so..

Jennifer's POV:

I'm currently sitting in my dressing room, contemplating about my life. It's mostly Bard I'm thinking about.. god I miss him. I can't stop thinking about him; he makes me feel like the only person in the world. But so did David..

I get interrupted from my thoughts when I hear my door knock.. weird. It's probably Courteney or Lisa. I get up and open the door slightly, checking who it is.. why is he here?

"Hi..?" I say to him, narrowing my eyebrows a little. I'm genuinely confused by his sudden presence.. I mean, I just saw him five minutes ago. What could he possible want?

"Hey, uh.. can I talk to you?" David says to me, the tone of his voice concerns me a little. Is there something wrong..?

"Yeah.. sure," I say rather awkwardly, opening the door a little more so he could come inside. Once he's in, I shut the door and turn around to face him. We just stand there for two minutes, again, awkwardly. The fact that we haven't spoken word to each other since like, the last time we rehearsed makes this situation even more weird. And what's weirder is that he used to be the man I was incredibly in love with.. my first love. 

"..what did you want to talk about..?" I say, breaking the unsettling silence. He shoots his head up, and looks me straight in the eye, making me slightly uncomfortable.

"About us, Jennifer.." he says quietly. I feel my face turning red, rage taking over my body and brain. I scoff, turn around and throw my hands in my hair. 

"What?! Is there a problem with us..? We're fine-"

"No. No, we aren't. I just came here to clear the air a little since there's so much uneasy tension between us! I don't want us to act like enemies, especially since we're working together..!" he interrupts me, his voice raising a little.

"You're here to clear the air?! You're the one who CHEATED on me!" I yell back, a little too loud.

"For the last time, I did not cheat on you..!" he yells, I feel tears starting to build up under my eyelids. 

"Yeah, sure.. because you making out with another woman is going to make me think that you didn't," I say back, sarcastically. I can tell he's hurt by this.. I didn't mean to be rude though. I'm just mad.

"Holy shit Jennifer! When will you stop acting like I'm the villain here..! I'M NOT!" he says, but the last part of the sentence.. he yelled at me like never before. I feel hurt; we can't just have a civilized conversation anymore. It used to be so much better in the past, when we were dating.. I feel him glaring at me, and I burst into tears. I've been yelled at many times before, and yes, I've cried. But not in front of other people.. especially my family. I wipe my tears away from my eyes, and sniffle a few more times before looking back up at him. I don't get a chance to look at him though; instead I just see a blur.. and I feel a warm touch on my lips. It's soft, something I've been waiting for a long time already. He's kissing me.. he's actually kissing me- but, what about Brad? What about his girlfriend?! My thoughts stop as I feel his lips starting to move against mine, and I try to keep up until my lips move perfectly in sync with his. My hands that were at my side before, move up to his neck while his hands remain a strong grip on my waist. A gazillion thoughts run through my head.. what's happening? Are we back together?! I think yes.. but my brain tells me no.. I don't know anymore. My mouth slightly opens, as I lick his lips unconsciously asking for entrance. He opens his mouth in return, and my tongue makes it's way to his mouth. He does the same, and we just kiss like that for 5 minutes straight. I don't care about breathing anymore. All I care about is what's actually happening right now. At one point, my knees start to shake by the soft touch of his lips smashed against mine, but luckily he keeps me up. Our noses are rubbing against each other's, similar to what happened when we were kissing on camera. But this.. is different. Now, we're kissing with emotion; at least that's what it feels like. 

"Holy shit-" I hear a voice say. I didn't even realize that somebody was here because of how deep into the kiss we were. We immediately stop, gasping for any possible air while our heads shoot to where the voice was coming from. Once I realize who it is, my face turns tomato red. It's Courteney. 

"Are you guys... dating..?" she asks us, still wide eyed. I glance at David, he's blushing so hard.

"Uhh.. no, we're just, uhm.." 

"Practicing for tomorrow." David finishes the sentence for me. I look at him and quietly sigh in relief. 

"Oh, thank god.. because you two are already dating different people, and that would just be really weird.." she says, also relieved. 

"Okay, well I'll leave you two alone to practice," she says after a long pause and she leaves, shutting the door. I awkwardly look at David, my arms still wrapped around his neck and his are on my waist. After we realize what's actually happening, we both remove our hands off of each other, brushing them off. 

"Well.. I'll uh, see you tomorrow.." he says to me, turning the doorknob. I smile and nod, before he leaves and shuts the door. I lean by body against the door, re-visualizing what just happened.

"Holy crap.." I whisper to myself, my hands in my hair. What have I just done? Here I am, dating another man while making out with my ex boyfriend. David.. what about him? He has his own girlfriend too.. Natalie, is that her name? Yeah, I think so. But great, now I have another thing on my mind. A life changing decision.. Brad, or David..?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I made this chapter slightly longer than the other one, so I hoped you liked it. And, to anybody who celebrates it, HAPPY EASTER! I don't have much to say, but I'm posting this chapter now because I might not have time to update this story this week.. maybe, if I have the time. I just have tons of homework due, and I haven't even started it lol. Thank you for 3.8k reads btw!! Ly all <3 BIG THANK YOU TO: JonnafeRosales4 FOR GIVING ME AN IDEA TO ADD NATALIE IN THIS STORY! <3

xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 3.5K 15
When Chandler tries to prove to Meredith he can be in a just sex relationship, they both end up getting more than they asked for, despite both of the...
6.3K 96 35
Icl this is a bit like Ross and Rachel's storyline just with u guys! When going through Wattpad I never see a lot friends stories so I thought this...
585K 13.5K 36
π˜π—΅π—² 𝗼𝗻𝗲 π˜„π—Άπ˜π—΅ the youngest geller kid falling for her sarcastic neighbour 𝗼𝗿 π˜π—΅π—² 𝗼𝗻𝗲 π˜„π—Άπ˜π—΅ evelyn realizing he had already fallen...
18.4K 536 10
We all know that Ross and Rachel got their happy ending. But, what about Jennifer and David?