Axel's Girl

By Horns07

Book 3 of New York series (Does not need to be read as a series) His hand travelled further up my thigh caus... More

Aesthetics and introductions
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Extra characters
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3
Bonus Chapter 4
Epilogue

Chapter 37

44.2K 1.3K 1.5K
By Horns07

Enjoy
don't kill me please.
I wanna do that myself 😚✌🏼

Adalyn.

It had been 1 month without Adalyn nor Jake here.

A whole fucking month.

Or to be precise 32 days and 5 hours since I had woken up that horrible morning to be greeted not by my precious but by that letter.

The letter that tore my heart to pieces over and over and over and over again.

Flashback

My eyes fluttered open to just close again when the light burned them.

My arm searched around the bed trying to find Adalyn only to be met with disappointment when she wasn't there.

I listened closer for the sound of the banging of pots in the kitchen or the running of water in the bathroom but there was nothing.

Just silence.

A little bewildered by this revelation I slowly opened my eyes again and looked around the room.

She was nowhere to be seen.

In the place where I last saw her lay a piece of white thin paper. What?

I grabbed it quickly and started reading. As I read further, I could feel the overwhelming pressure building up in the back of my eyes.

My throat began to clog up as I used all my strength to hold every tear threatening to escape down.

As my grip on the paper became tighter, I began to worry that I would rip it but not as much as my worry for what I read.

No. No. No. She hasn't done that. No.

I instantly jumped out of bed and headed towards the bathroom.

She wasn't there.

I ran down the halls checking every room.
"Adalyn!!!"

She wasn't there.

I ran down the stairs and searched every place she could be.
"Adalyn!! No. Please no."

I ran into the living room and checked behind the sofa thinking this was just another game of hide and seek.

Thinking that I would just find her again and what I read wasn't true.

Thinking I would be with her again.

But she wasn't there.

She wasn't anywhere.

"Adalyn!!! Please. Stop it!! Come out! This isn't funny anymore!! ADALYN PLEASE."

The letter was still gripped in my hand and I fell to my knees not even trying to hold my tears down anymore. They flowed down my cheeks without any hesitation.

"Adalyn!! No."

I cried not only for Adalyn but for my brother.

They were both gone. Truly gone.

Flashback over

My head lay on my arms as I blocked out any sound. I couldn't deal with it. Not anymore.

After I cried to my heart's content, I called Leah immediately.

The sound of her cried and her pleading with me to tell her I was just joking hurt me but not as much as what Adalyn had done.

I sat in the middle of my living room for I don't know how long before I was pulled out of the trance I was in by someone.

I couldn't remember who. My mind had gone blank.

All I remember was muttering her name over and over and over again as if it would suddenly make her appear in front of me.

But despite how many times I said it or how sore my throat got, Adalyn never did.

Never.

My breaking point was seeing my ma cry when I told her about Jake. Seeing my ma, the strongest woman in my life, break down and sob for her son for days was what broke me.

Adalyn left me and I couldn't deal with that.

I loved her. Was I not enough? Did she not love me? Why is she always lying to me? What did I do wrong?

I told her. No, I begged her to trust me. To tell me whenever something was troubling her but no.

She didn't. She didn't trust me and probably never has.

My alcohol problem started when we received the first video two days after she and Jake were kidnapped.

I had watched it so many times I could tell you every detail of the room and what was in it and where that thing was located.

I know I shouldn't torture myself like that but it was the only thing keeping my hope of her and my brother's survival strong.

The video

Light appeared into the room as the creaking of the door swallowed the silence.

A shadow in the middle. Head hung low and body slouched. As if it was a dead body.

The dark was chased away by the light as a switch was turned on. Jake squinted his eyes a little bit not quite used to seeing so much brightness in a while.

A man walked in with a woman behind him being dragged by handcuffs. A bag over her head denied her of seeing her surroundings.

Jake's eyes followed the woman as the same man he had been taken by forcefully pushed her in a seat and tightened her hands to the arms and her ankles to the legs.

He stood back up and smiled before pulling the bag off.

As shock overtook Jake's face, Adalyn adjusted to the light by closing her eyes.

Her face was grabbed and she was forced to look up into the horrible eyes of one of her tormentors.
"Welcome to hell sister."

Adalyn looked him dead in the eyes and a smirk crawled onto her lips as she leaned in further.
"I can assure you even hell wouldn't let a monster like you in Fyodor."

Fyodar's eyes blazed with anger and he raised his arm to strike her but was held back by someone grabbing his wrist.
"Fyodor. Don't."

His head whipped to the side and he sneered at his older sister.
"Why? The little bitch needs to know she can't talk to me like that. You can't tell me what to do Irina."

His body was pulled back and a stinging sensation erupted on his cheek instead of Anastasia's.
"And you need to know you can't talk to me like that. Get the fuck out before I do much worse Fyodor."

He grumbled and bumped her shoulder on the way out.

Irina huffed and pushed some hair out of her face before turning to the two of them with a smirk.
"You're in for a hell of a ride. Enjoy it before it ends."

She blew them a kiss before turning around and skipping out.

Silence surrounded them again and Adalyn looked up biting her lip. A sigh escaped her lips as she turned her head to the left.
"What happened?"

Jake turned to her and shrugged his shoulders the best he could.
"I was on my way to Axel's yesterday and then my car nearly got ran off the road. I pulled over and suddenly a man walked over to me. I put up a good fight but eventually I was knocked out. What about you?"

Adalyn looked away and licked her lips.
"We were all in Axel's backyard and I went to the bathroom. While I was in there, I got a call."

She stopped talking and Jake continued to look over at her.
"A call?"

Adalyn turned back to him and sadly smiled.
"He said he would kill you if I didn't come so I did. I left in the middle of the night and gave myself to them and now I'm here."

Jake's breath stopped and his eyes widened.
"You-You're here because of me?"

Adalyn dryly chuckled and looked down.
"No Jake. You're here because of me."

It went silent again and Adalyn's body shook as silent sobs swept through her. Tears cascaded down her cheeks and her nose became runny.

"I-I'm sorry Jake. I'm s-so so sorry. It-It's all my fault you-you're here right now. I'm sorry so g-goddamn much Jake."

He looked over at her and the feeling of his facial features softening took over him as he saw how bad her body shook. His first instinct was to reach out and comfort her like he would with Lilith but due to the restraints he couldn't.

He was never good with words. He fucking hated them but Jake knew Adalyn would end up having a whole breakdown if he didn't try to console her troubles.

"Adalyn. It's okay. It really is."

She shook her head and looked over at him.
"N-No its not J-Jake. It's n-not okay."

"No. Adalyn just shut up."
She instantly closed her mouth and Jake sighed.
"Okay sorry but you really wouldn't stop talking so I had to. Adalyn I would be mad at you. Really I should be mad at you right now but I can't be. Sure I'm in a dark room chained to a chair in a place I don't even know but without you my brother wouldn't have been happy. You got me kidnapped but you also made Axel happy so I guess I can forgive you. And hey what's a better way to be killed than by a psychopathic pair of Russian mobsters? That's sick am I right?"

Adalyn laughed and shook her head.
"You're n-not going to die Jake. I promise."

Adalyn went to make a pinky promise but couldn't. Jake saw what she was trying to do and smiled.
"I know Adalyn. It's okay though. I don't mind. Don't get yourself killed in the process either. Axel wouldn't be very happy with me if you did, you know?"

Adalyn's heart dropped into her stomach. Axel. The love of her life.

The man that probably despises her guts right now.
"N-No he wouldn't."

Jake looked at her confused.
"What?"

She frowned and looked back at him.
"I-I didn't even say goodbye to him in person. I l-left a letter. I p-promised that I wouldn't lie again b-but looks like I broke that. I a-also promised I wouldn't leave him but look where I am right now. I-I make all these promises but look what happens. I just end up breaking them all. He probably hates me now. I'm the reason his younger brother's been kidnapped. I lied to him again. I left him a letter without telling him myself. What kind of person does that? A horrible one. I'd rather me die than you Jake. You mean much more to him that I ever will. You're his brother and I'll die before you get hurt. So don't worry about me. My life ended the minute I broke every promise I made to him. He'll never want me anymore anyway so don't try risking your life for me. I wouldn't let you anyway but don't try."

Jake looked at her shocked. Did she really think that?

He knew exactly how head-over-heels his brother was for this girl and here she is doubting him wanting her anymore because she's risking her life for him.

She couldn't possibly think that.

Adalyn kept her head down too ashamed to even look Jake in the eyes.

She knew what she was doing the minute she wrote that letter. But she couldn't let the love of her life's brother get hurt because of her.

Whether Axel hates her after this or whether she dies, she won't regret anything because she'd rather die than Jake and that'll never change.

Her head slowly lifted up as the door opened again and not a feature of her face changed seeing who walked into the room.

"мое бесполезное оправдание дочери."

(My useless excuse of a daughter.)

Adalyn remained silent as he walked further towards her with a sinister smile on his face.

She nodded her head and took in a deep breath through her nose.
"Papa."

He sneered and her head whipped to the side before her jaw was grabbed again.
"You think you can escape me."
He laughed in her face and little droplets of saliva hit her skin.
"Fucking stupid bitch. You and that other bitch Katina can't escape your fates. She may have already ran away from hers twice when she ran from Louis and then left Russia but I can assure you, you will not get away again child. Or else our friend over there will have the unfortunate opportunity to meet my demise. Are we clear?"

She stayed silent and her cheek heated up again as another slap landed on it.
"I said are we clear?"

"Yes papa."

He dusted his hands off and then pointed towards the camera with a smirk.
"Oh and say hello to your dear friends and family. I can't wait for them to see you suffer, especially that bastard of a boyfriend you have. I can't wait for him to see your blood paint these walls but I'll be sure to give him a show first. I promise. Goodbye for now my daughter. We'll be back soon. I promise you that."

He turned around and the door was closed once again.

Adalyn's breathing had gone crazy and she looked up nodding her head. Her fate was set. She wasn't making it out of her papa's grasps again.

She took a glance at the camera and mouthed the words she knew wouldn't make any difference.

She mouthed an.
"I'm sorry Axie."

Video over

We have gotten 4 videos in the last month and each one gets worse and worse.

But, in each one, you don't see Adalyn once cry in front of them or show any weakness in front of them.

Jake stays quiet most of the time not even speaking when spoken to. The only time he talks is when he's with Adalyn alone.

I'm glad he's okay. He hasn't suffered much but there's been a few times where he's been cut or punched. However, I ,of all people, know Jake can take that and much more but Adalyn's protecting him from it.

At least she's keeping one of her promises.

"Axel."
The words echoed in my brain not fully registering as I was stuck in my own world.

"Axel!"
I groaned and looked up from my arms to see Armani standing in front of me.

I laid my head back down and frowned. What the fuck now?
"You can't just stay cooped up in here forever Axel."

"I can and I will."
I grumbled back to him.

He sighed and I heard his footsteps against the floor. I hoped he had gone away but as my chair was pulled out from under me and I landed on the floor I knew he hadn't.

"Do you fucking mind Armani? What's your problem?"

He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest.
"What's my problem? What the fuck is your problem? For the last week, you haven't come out of this room. You hardly eat. You hardly talk and you fucking stink."

I leaped up and gave him a glare.
"My problem. You want to know my fucking problem? Well let's start with the fact my brother's been kidnapped by some crazy Russian mobsters and has been for over a month. And then my own fucking girlfriend gave herself up to protect him proceeding in lying and breaking every single fucking promise she made me in the process. You want to know my fucking problem. There you go. Now fuck of and leave me the fuck alone."

I slouched back down in my chair and laid my head in my hands holding back the tears. I didn't want to cry. I had already cried enough.

"It's all just fucked up and you expect me to eat without vomiting it up knowing what the both of them are going through. Knowing what she is going through. I can't and don't want to, please just leave me alone Armani. I can't be arsed anymore. Just leave me alone."

He sighed and his footsteps faded away before the door closed.

I grabbed my laptop and opened up the second video we had received.

Video2

"So what do you prefer? Being electrocuted or being drowned? Pick."

Adalyn's head looked between the two. She could handle electrical charges. She had before.

But being drowned was one of her biggest fears. And that's what they wanted to know.

If she chose being electrically charged, they'd make her be drowned so she had to say that.

"Drowned."
Irina smirked and ,like Adalyn had expected, grabbed the equipment for her to be electrically charged.

So predictable.

Adalyn was hooked up and she took a look at Jake who looked even more worried and scared than she did.

Jake watched as Adalyn was hooked up to this machine. How the fuck was her body supposed to withstand behind electrocuted?
Can human bodies even bear that?

She gave him a smile and then turned to Irina who was now accompanied by Fyodor and her papa.

"So Anastasia want to tell us how the Italian's knew how to attack us so perfectly?"

She thought over it and then smiled again at them.
"Not really."

Fyodor and Vladimir both grinded their teeth whilst Irina struggled to contain a smile but knew she couldn't or her cover would be blown.

"That really wasn't an option, sister."

"But it was a question and if I recall correctly ,unless it was a rhetorical question, I have the right to answer it as I please and I did."

The knob of the machine was turned and Adalyn's body lifted up off the chair as a familiar painful shock overtook her.

A light scream past her lips and slowly she sat back down and her breathing calmed.

Her whole body felt as if it was on fire. Heat pricked her inside all over and she couldn't feel most of her body.

"Stop being a smart ass and tell us."

Adalyn brought her head up and shook it.
"I-I said no."

It was a miracle that she could even move her jaw to speak.

Vladimir slowly stalked up to Jake and Adalyn's heart picked up as a knife was pulled out of his pocket.

Jake looked at them amused. A knife. Are they serious? He had been through worse.

"Adalyn how about now? Want to tell us now?"
Vladimir slowly trailed it up and down Jake's arm before going up to his neck.

A little trickle of blood seeped through his skin but he didn't react. Like he said, this isn't the worse he's been through.

"O-Okay. Okay. I'll tell you just move your knife."
Vlamdir chuckled and slowly pulled his knife away but stayed behind Jake just in case.

Adalyn looked up at them and swallowed the lump in her throat.
"My knife?"

Fyodor tilted his head to the side.
"Your knife? What about it?"

"My knife's case had the coordinates of all the safe houses and warehouses written on it so I knew where they were in case of an emergency. I gave it to Armani and told him my plan for if I was going to attack you."

Her body was electrocuted again and this time it was so intense even tears had escaped her eyes.

A scream filled the room and her whole body shook as it wasn't quite accustomed to such pain and power.

"So you are the reason why my men have been slain and my warehouse have been destroyed."

Her body shook again and her tears fell faster.

Jake looked to the side as it was too difficult to see his friend in this state. In so much pain.

As it all went silent, Adalyn's weak laughter surrounded them.
"I-Ironic right? Yo-You ruin my life and I ruin you-your whole empire. That-That seems fair to m-me."

She used her strength to lift her head up. The three of them glared at her with angry eyes but the angriest was her papa.

"No you little bitch. I gave you what you deserved. You killed my wife and I avenged her death by ruining your whole life. That seems fair to me."

Adalyn swallowed the lump in her throat and Jake was shocked. Adalyn had killed her mother?

"You-You're delusional. F-Fucking delusional."

Her body lifted up again but this time it felt as if it was about to burn and rip in half. Her limbs felt numb and she couldn't even keep herself up right anymore.

Her throat got sorer as she screamed with all her might. Her cheeks were damp with tears and she couldn't feel her body at all.

The grasps of consciousness was slipping away from her.
"Delusional?"
Her papa chuckled and threw his head back.
"No. You're the delusional one thinking that your whole existence wasn't the reasoning to why your mother died. It was your fault and always will be Anastasia and I'll ruin your life for that and disobeying me. Be sure of it."

He walked out of the room and it went silent again. Fyodor looked at his sister in distaste and walked over to her and lifted her face up which just hurt her neck.
"You took my mother away from me now I'm going to take your life away from you."

Fyodor walked out and Irina was just left. She looked at the two in fake hatred and leaned down to Adalyn's ear.
"Just hold on.You'll be safe soon."

She pulled away and spat at the foot of her feet with a sneer.
"You were fucking useless anyway sister. To think you actually believed you were safe from us. I'll have fun torturing you and then I'll go after those horrible children of mine. Maybe I'll even make a new coat out their skin. You never know. It's the new fashion trend in Russia now."

As Irina walked away, Adalyn didn't know how to take what she said. Was that supposed to mean she would be dead soon? Was it a threat?

Or was it a sliver of hope that they would be rescued and saved? Was Irina truly on our side?

Video2 over

The laptop was slammed shut and I jumped in my seat.
"Axel stop it."

I looked up to see Leah and Lilith both standing there. Lilith had her arms crossed over her chest and Leah had one of her hands on my laptop and the other one on her hip.

"What?"
I groaned out.

Leah pulled the laptop away and tucked it under her arm. I raised an eyebrow at her and pulled another one out of my draw and placed it on the top of my desk.

Leah took that one and it was just replaced again. Her eyes widened and she took that one too.

I went to take another one out and Lilith stopped me.
"Oh come on Axel. Stop being such a bastard."

I stopped my movement and turned to look at her. Had she just sworn at me? Lilith hardly ever swears.

"Yeah I did. Now get out of this room before I do it myself."
I slumped back in my chair and tilted my head to the side.

"And how would you do that?"
Before I knew it, Lilith disappeared behind my chair with Leah and I began to move.

I jumped off and turned to them who were just smirking at me.
"You two are so stupid. I am able to use my legs you know?"

How did they expect that to work?

Suddenly, my arms were taken and I was picked up by them.

My head whipped to the side to see my father and Armani walked out of the room still holding onto my arms.

I couldn't even move them. I tried to use my feet to stop but they were contained by Arianna who just smiled up at me.

Oh I see. Using the child against me. If I move them, she gets hurt.

Smart motherfuckers.

I was carried all the way to my room again and my eyes widened.

No. They can't put me in there.

"No"

They didn't stopped though.

Leah opened the door and I was pushed in. Before I could get out, the door locked behind me and I started pushing my shoulder into it.

"Axel change your clothes and take a shower and then we'll let you out."

My breath picked up as I looked around the room seeing all the things that belonged to her.

Her kindle.
Her glasses.
Her clothes.
Her scent.
Everything.

All I could see was Adalyn.

I fell against the wall as my breathing picked up.

I can't be in here.

Everything in this room reminds me of her. She was everywhere but not with me.

I fell against the floor and grabbed one of my hoodies that she always wore and had claimed as her own.

My head whipped all around me. Adalyn. She was everywhere.

I can't be in here. No.

I went to say something but my voice was trapped in my throat. I grabbed it trying to will it to come up but it wouldn't.

My breathing was way out of control now and I couldn't control it one bit.

I can't be in here. No. I can't.

I gripped her hoodie even more and pushed it to my chest as it moved up and down rapidly.

What was happening to me?

My chest was hammering and it hurt so fucking much. But I couldn't stop it.

My hands were too sweaty for my own good and my body was trembling like mad.

Adalyn. I wanted Adalyn.

My sweaty palms tightened on her hoodie and more tears fell down my cheek.

A presence appeared beside me but my sight had gone blurry and I felt dizziness.

"Axel!"
A distant echo said.

I turned my head but couldn't see anything. Why couldn't I see anything? It was black.

My mouth opened but as my breathing got heavier no words would come out.

I needed to get out of here. I couldn't be here. The only place in this house Adalyn hadn't been was my main office. I needed to go back.

"Axel! Hey it's me. Come on baby. Calm down. Calm down. It's okay."
I recognised that voice immediately.

Ma.

She wrapped her arms around my body and I slumped against hers. She ran her arms up and down my back like she used to and shhhed in my ear.

"M-Ma."
She shhed me again and as her heart calmed I used it's beating to calm mine too.

After a while, I slowly calmed down and my breathing slowed. Tears continued to fall from my eyes and my ma hugged my head into her neck.

"It's okay baby. It's okay. I'm here."
I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled myself closer to her.

"Sh-She left me. Ada-Adalyn left me ma."
She ran her hair through my hair which probably looked horrible.

"No Axel. She didn't leave you. She left to help Jake. She'll be back soon. She will."

I shook my head and a sob racked through my body.
"No sh-she won't ma. She's n-not coming back."

My ma sighed and pulled my head out of her neck, gripping my cheeks.
"She will Axel. You need to have hope that she'll come back. She's doing something so heroic but dangerous right now. She's protecting my baby and your brother. Yes she left you but not because of you. Because she's a kind-hearted amazing person that would rather suffer then see the love-of-her-life's brother suffer. Adalyn will come back Axel."

I nodded my head and my ma pulled me into a hug again as my tears dried up.
"Have hope my son."

I nodded again and my ma stood back up offering me her hand. I looked up at it and then placed mine in it and stood up.

She placed her other one on it and rubbed mine.

I looked down at my left too see my other hand still gripping Adalyn's hoodie. My grip tightened as a new found hope settled within me.

She will come back. I'll make sure of it.

My ma led me out of the room and I took in a deep breath finally out of that room.

No matter how strong I was I couldn't be surrounded by all her stuff. Not yet.

She let me go into another room and patted my chest.
"Go have a shower Axel. You stink."

I wiped my eyes and chuckled.
"Thanks ma."

Smile lines appeared by her eyes as she grinned at me.
"Don't worry son. Now go."

I closed the door and stayed there just to hear her scolding my father.

"What the hell were you thinking Carlos? Forcing him into a room full of Adalyn's stuff. Have you gone stupid over the years?"

"Darling-"

"Don't darling me Carlos. He had a panic attack in there. Our baby nearly blacked out because you , Armani, Lilith and Leah forced him into a room where he and Adalyn used to sleep. Like s-seriously Carlos."

I noticed the way she stuttered which she only does when she's really angry or upset.

I'd say she's both right now.

"Lavender. I honestly didn't know. I didn't know it would cause him to have a panic attack. I just wanted him to look after himself and get out of that room."

"Why do you think he stays in that office all the time? Because it's probably the only place she hasn't been. Everywhere else in this house holds memories of her and him but that room doesn't. So don't force him to come out of it. He'll do so when he's ready."

I pulled away from the door and sighed walking towards the bathroom and cleaning myself up.

I showered for about 30 minutes. Most of it was me just letting the water flow down on me.

In there, I came to the conclusion that I would try my hardest to find her. I would try harder.

Because, despite her leaving and risking her life, I couldn't bring myself to hate her or let her go.

Never.

5021 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 2.5K 40
"Matteo, can I ask you a question?" Lilly asked, looking up at him. "That was a question." he joked. She giggled, "I mean a different question, just...
107K 3K 37
"I'm not going to apologize for you being my mate because I would rather have no one else but I do wish you didn't have to deal with the hardships"...
14K 138 17
Mature content 18+ only "You are crossing a very dangerous territory, Natalia. I suggest you better stop, before I take things in my hand." He growle...
1.8M 57.2K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...