I Loathe You. I Love You Too.

By alyklugh

A reckless drunken night, a morning after, an agreement and a love story no one saw coming. More

~ COMING SOON ~
Chapter One : sure he is
Chapter Two : a voicemail
Chapter Three : did she just kiss you?
Chapter Four : when do we face the music?
Chapter Five : i mean i fooled you
Chapter Six : crimson tide?
Chapter Seven : did you go see her?
Chapter Eight : are you ready?
Chapter Nine : blanket?
Chapter Eleven : he likes you!
Chapter Twelve : what if i did
Chapter Thirteen : so you're just going to leave?
Chapter Fourteen : she likes you, connor isn't you.
Chapter Fifteen : even if the house is burning?
Chapter Sixteen : she's a ticking time bomb
Chapter Seventeen : just reminding him what's mine
Chapter Eighteen : it's our little secret
Chapter Nineteen : people change, you did
Chapter Twenty : i'm not yours anymore
Chapter Twenty-One : you've become obsessive
Chapter Twenty-Two : when did you play dirty?
Chapter Twenty-Three : did i hit a soft spot?
Chapter Twenty-Four : baby boy you're not the main character anymore
Chapter Twenty-Five : speaking out of anger
Chapter Twenty-Six : stupid feelings
Chapter Twenty-Seven : promises are meant to be broken
Chapter Twenty-Eight : she'd break my heart and i'd let her
Chapter Twenty-Nine : did you glitch?
Chapter Thirty : i kissed you to silence the world instead.
Chapter Thirty-One : three days
Chapter Thirty-Two : that's the problem, it's you
Chapter Thirty-Three : where's prince charming?
Chapter Thirty-Four : not when i'm with you
Chapter Thirty-Five : so why'd you come?
Chapter Thirty-Six : she's my girlfriend
Chapter Thirty-Seven : did they notice you?
Chapter Thirty-Eight : life with her in it made sense
Chapter Thirty-Nine : anyone else could, so why can't you?
Chapter Forty : he wasn't picky
Chapter Forty-One : i missed you
Chapter Forty-Two : always
Chapter Forty-Three : are you paying attention to me?
Chapter Forty-Four : i'm in love with her
Chapter Forty-Five : i can't love him
Chapter Forty-Six : little miss perfect
Chapter Forty-Seven : his pretty little lies
Chapter Forty-Eight : matchmaker
Chapter Forty-Nine : i didn't until you
Chapter Fifty : happily ever after
Chapter Fifty-One : an expiration date
Chapter Fifty-Two : are we toxic?
Chapter Fifty-Three : are the walls really that thin?
Chapter Fifty-Four : we were estranged
Chapter Fifty-Five : what did we end up becoming?
Chapter Fifty-Six : how could i let go?
Chapter Fifty-Seven : if you love them, let them go
Chapter Fifty-Eight : next up the marriage proposal

Chapter Ten : what was wrong with me?

305 8 0
By alyklugh

Chapter Ten : what was wrong with me?

Parker

Half way into the movie, my arms are over my head and I'm just chilling while also listening for the garage door to open but next thing I know is Paige moves and suddenly she's asleep on my chest, she's curled into a ball and she's cold to the touch. I grab the blanket that I kept out just in case she'd finally admit she was cold and gently as possible put it on her hoping she wouldn't wake up.

Haylee never really fell asleep when we hung out, and mostly when we did hang out we only did one thing and then she'd want to go hang out with her friends.

I knew I needed to pause the movie so we could finish where we left off once she woke up but what if by me pausing it that would be what woke her up. Hell she looked tired this morning and throughout the day so I didn't want to wake her. Besides she was peacefully sleeping and I couldn't be an ass and ruin that. My hands were falling asleep and I moved them from behind my head and hesitated to put my hand on her back. What was wrong with me?

I ended up letting it play all the way through but now my eyes were getting heavy as I mindlessly played with the tips of her hair. I rubbed my eyes to stay awake knowing that sleep was the last thing I should be doing.

She moved a little which woke me up a bit thinking she was going to wake up but instead she turned out to be cuddling with me, her leg was across my body and she was in fact definitely cuddling which part of me didn't mind it one bit and I knew I should be minding.

Fuck, what the hells wrong with me. I shouldn't be acting this way with her. I need to get my shit together and it was not fucking together, staring at her sleeping on my chest, while playing with her hair and liking how she snores a little. This was not apart of the fucking deal, shit!

She moved a little and muttered something before cuddling closer, shit that was cute but then she started shuffling more and I knew she was waking up and to find me staring at her like I am would freak her the fuck out so I acted like any rational fake boyfriend would do and act as if I was asleep.

I felt her rub her face into my shirt before setting up and I heard the small swears under her breath before she was searching the bed. Should I still act like I'm asleep or what?

"Parker," she hit my face with a pillow which made me realize who I was indeed fake dating. She was better asleep.

"Ow, what?" I pushed the pillow away.

"We fell asleep. Can I have your laptop tomorrow to finish the movie?" she looked at me and on her right cheek was an imprint of my shirt.

I smirked a little and she gave me a confused look.

"Is there something on my face?" she rubbed her face and I shook my head deciding not to comment on it.

"No, but yeah you can take my laptop for tomorrow just bring it back the next day. You might want the charger," I got up to grab my charger on my desk and she was relatively quiet which was a first.

"Parker," she said my name which made me look back, "I'm sorry for falling asleep," she hesitated, "on you. I must've been really tired, I usually am never like that. Falling asleep on anyone, I think I was just really cold so that's why I cuddled up to you. I'm really never like that, I'm sorry if it made you uncomfortable, I wouldn't have been mad if you pushed me off. I'd understand, also sorry for throwing a pillow at you, I'm just a little crabby when I first wake up."

"Nah your good Porter," I handed her the charger and she smiled.

"Thank you, do you have a password for your laptop?" she looked up at me.

"Yeah, shit sorry it's Haylee and I's anniversary. I suck with dates so I kept it as my password to remember. 12/21/12."

"Has it hit yet?"

"Has what hit yet?" I looked at her confused.

"The break up, any new changes?"

"Are you waiting for me to break down Porter?" I smiled trying to ignore the fact that it was hitting, it hit at practice today.

"No," she shoved me a little while getting up, "I'm just checking in on you Greyson."

"It is what it is," I shrugged my shoulders before laying back down on my bed.

"But you don't mean that, I saw how you interacted with her on the field," she sat on my desk and looked down at her hands. Her behavior changed.

"Are you jealous Paige?" I smirked trying to get her mood backup and part of me wanted her to be jealous.

"No Parker, me jealous? Do you hear yourself? Does that sound like me?" she smiled but it wouldn't compare to the smile she gave me when I put my hat on her.

Man I wish it fucking did, "No," I was quiet for a little before opening my mouth, "but it was hard seeing her like that before you came. I don't know what I would've done if you didn't come. I probably would've fucked everything up. Thank you by the way, for saving my ass when you could've watched me crash a burn."

"I couldn't watch you screw yourself over for going back. I mean you did some tough shit as it is and expecting perfection from you is selfish of me. I mean you broke up with her in person by yourself, called her to let her know you couldn't talk at night anymore without my help. You did things I didn't think you were capable of."

I did all of it because Paige didn't think I could and I knew she was watching me so if I slipped up I'd let her down. But when she was leaving to go pick up Nora I knew she wasn't watching so of fucking course I was going to let myself hit rock bottom.

"Tomorrow are you sure you'll be okay with Connor?" I looked over at her and she nodded.

"I'll call you after he leaves if that makes you feel better about the whole thing."

"There's something about him I don't like," I shook my head, "but yeah. I'll call after practice and when I'm heading to work."

"Okay," Paige nodded.

"You're still working at that diner?" I asked her.

"Yeah, only weekends now though, sometimes Fridays if someone calls off. I didn't go in last weekend or the weekend before because I was stressed and Kayla was leaving two weeks ago. I can't believe it's been that long."

I heard the garage door opening and I got off my bed to look, his truck was pulling into the garage and I knew I needed to get Paige out of here.

"Is that your mom?" Paige looked up at me and I grabbed her shit to get her out of here now.

"No, her boyfriend. We gotta go," I was searching for my keys wondering where the hell I left them.

"What's the rush?" Paige stood up and looked at me confused.

"No rush I just know you need to get home," how could I explain to her about him.

"Hey boy!" he yelled, "get your ass down here!"

"Stay here," I looked at her and she gave me that look like she'd think about it.

I put her stuff down and went downstairs to greet the bastard. He used to be a really good person but after moving in with my mom he created new bad habits that he couldn't break. Now he's a crooked drunk with a crooked personality.

"Who's shoes," he pointed to Paige's shoes, shit her shoes. "Someone over?" he was already drunk, barely able to stay up with another beer in his hands.

"No," I shook my head, "I had someone over after practice to study, they must've forgot to grab their shoes."

"They went out barefoot?" he looked at me like that didn't make sense and I realized he wasn't drunk enough to not understand shit.

"Actually, Parker and I were playing hide and seek and he thought I left, hi Mr. James I'm Paige," she came down the stairs and held out her hand for him to shake.

She knew not to look at me and she had a damn good reason not to make eye contact with me.

"Oh," he looked up and down her and he smiled, a smile I knew was not okay, "one of the Porter girls, Jamie babysat you girls when you were young." he shook her hand and held it a little too long for my liking before releasing.

Don't worry she's still a minor, I wanted to say but I kept my mouth shut trying to keep my composure and not let Paige see how much I was panicking. I told myself she wouldn't be here when he was, I promised Malcolm too. I fucking blew my own damn promise.

"You staying for dinner?" he asked, taking a swig of his beer.

"No, no she's gotta be home," I shook my head, not going to allow her to be here any longer. She's already been here too long.

"Come on now Paige, have dinner with us," he smiled at her and Paige looked at me like it wasn't a bad idea.

"Yeah why not."

"No," I shook my head, "Malcolm texted me and asked when you were coming home. I told him I was bringing you home right now. Maybe another time," I said it like that was even possible but in reality there wouldn't be a next time.

"Here text him back and say she's eating with us, now come on Paige let me show you the kitchen," he motioned her to follow him into the kitchen drunk and Paige mindlessly followed.

Hell to the fuck no.

She walked in and I kept myself close to her while wondering what she was thinking about the bare, beer bottle filled kitchen. But she kept her smile on as she listened to him.

I grabbed her hand and she looked back at me confused.

Michael looked over at us and then our hands intertwined. Shit shouldn't have done that, hes the type of asshole to try to make my fucking life a living hell and he's damn good at it.

"Well I'll be damned," he looked up at the two of us, "you two, who would've guessed. Anyways Paige honey Jamie reorganized the kitchen and well your a lady do you know where she'd put the mixer. I never know where that damn thing is."

Sexist fucking peice of shit, I looked at Paige worried she'd take offense but she stayed rather neutral.

She tried to go over and help but I tightened my grip on her hand before squeezing three times. I didn't want her close to him, I wanted her to go where he knows he can't follow. This is his house, his rules.

"Parker," she looked at me telling me in so little words to let go but I shook my head.

"Ah here it is!" he pulled it out, but pretended it hurt him to lift up, "damn this things heavy, Paige sweetheart can you help me," he looked up at her and she smiled before looking at me.

Nah I know his damn tricks.

I pushed her back and picked up the damn mixer myself and put it on the island.

"She can't eat here," I looked at Michael and he looked taken back.

"And why's that son?" he crossed his arms, "it's not a crime if she eats here?" he looked at her and she nodded.

"Mr. James, can I talk to Parker for a minute?" Paige asked and he nodded.

"Sure darling, maybe you can get him to agree for you to have dinner with us."

We walked in the front of the house and on our way to the porch and I grabbed my keys, her shoes and bookbag on the steps before grabbing her arm and hauling her to the car but she fought.

"Parker no," she pulled herself out of my grip, "what's going on in there?"

"Nothing," I shook my head.

"Okay then let's go back in," she turned around and I dropped the shit from my hands before lifting her up so she wouldn't, "Parker!" she squealed.

"Why can't you just fucking listen when I tell you I don't want you here anymore and get in the damn car."

"Because I need a reason, I don't just listen like some bitch." she stopped struggling in my arms and I set her down. "Are you gonna start talking or are we having dinner here?" she crossed her arms.

Shit, "if you get in the car and I can take you home I'll explain everything. But I'm never bringing you over again."

"No, no Parker that's not fair."

"You'll understand if you get your ass in the car," I motioned for her to get in and she hesitated.

"Can we at least say goodbye, give him a reason why we are leaving so soon."

"No," I shook my head. He didn't need a damn reason or excuse.

She looked at the house and then my car like the decision was so damn hard.

"Okay, but the whole me not coming over thing. That's still on the table."

No the fuck it isn't.

"Get in the car."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

880K 25.6K 58
Two separate worlds collide. Wounds and scars of the past mended. Forth's and Beam's journey of love and happiness.
520 96 26
I really Suck at descriptions really sorry • • • • • • How will one unknown phone Call connect these destined lovers?
6.3K 956 50
A story about university students focusing on love, friendship and how destiny unfold in their life.
79.6K 1.1K 46
One careless drunken night changed there lives forever.... © 2014 EhTeam All Rights Reserved ®