One Day at a Time

By stephanimelado

Xavier King. He's apart of the notorious popular guys. Girls want him and guys want to be him. He's by far th... More

introductions
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6

chapter 3

172 5 0
By stephanimelado

"I feel like you're trying to kidnap us" said Hailey as she groaned into the seat.

"No my house is literally around the corner" I made the left and was met with the tall black gates that guarded my house. I put in the code and we made our way in.

"Ok now I really think you're kidnapping me"

"shut up" I said as I pulled into the driveway. The rest followed closely behind and they pulled all their cars into the driveway. Hailey and I watched as the guys tumbled out of their cars with Naomi and Skylar following close behind.

"so Im going to assume nobody is home" said Elijah. To him this seemed like an innocent question, but it was the one I was dreading the most.

"nope, we have the whole house to ourselves" I said smiling to disguise my panic. Nobody asked anymore questions so I very relieved and opened the garage to let everyone in. We stepped into the garage and it was pretty empty with the exception of a fridge in the corner and my surf boards. I searched through my keys and unlocked the door letting everyone upstairs. The basement stairs opened up into the living room and kitchen. Naomi, Skylar, and Hailey made their way to the couch while Elijah and Isaiah raced each other to the kitchen. 

Why am I not surprised?

Before I could make any moves into the house my nose was filled with the scent of crisp mint cologne. 

"Nice house" Xavier whispered in my ear from behind me before following the rest of the group into the living room. Tingles were sent down my neck and arms from the very small interaction. What the fuck is happening? I was standing in the doorway in shock and Haileys eyes met mine and she laughed. I sat myself on the  couch where Elijah and Isaiah soon returned with pizza.

Elijah had made the dangerous choice to lay himself on top of me across the couch. I grunted as he came crashing down on my very small self. After shoving some pizza into his mouth he had the nerve to look up at me while being crushed by his weight.

"How ya doin" he said chuckling in fear. He had no clue how strong I was so it would make what Im about to do that much better. I took advantage of my legs using them to pull myself to standing. Elijah rolled off of me and hit the ground with a loud thud.

"much better, thanks for asking" I said with and innocent smile walking to the other couch with no room for Elijah. I sat down only to realize that I was in between Isaiah and Xavier.

I can never win

We sat and finished the pizza while arguments and laughter filled the room. Although the girls and guys were not friends before I came along they fit together perfectly. It was almost like being home with my family (not by blood of course). I felt at home and for the first time I relaxed and felt at peace with my current situation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Empty pizza boxes littered the floor and the pointless arguments had been settled. It was now about 5:30 and the sun would soon set leaving me alone in the dark. My friends had began to roam the house and give themselves their own tour around. 

I stepped onto the back deck that overlooked my private beach and inhaled the sweet flavor of mango. I felt that feeling that was all too familiar that someone was behind me. None other than mister Xavier King. He walked over to join me leaning on the railing.

"Please tell me they haven't destroyed my house" worried about specifically Elijah and Isaiah roaming my house. They might as well be children.

"no, not yet at least" he said shaking his head. We sat in a comfortable silence for a minute before he looked back to me. "so this whole beach is yours?" 

"all mine" I said giving him a cheeky smile throwing my arms out in a 'ta-da' type of manner. Before he could say anything else a large group of idiots that I call friends threw themselves through the sliding glass doors.

"Girl, you failed to mention you have a private beach!" Naomi yelled in complete disbelief. I found it amusing how little could amaze them.

"omg omg omg, I have an idea" Skylar said jumping in excitement. "we should go swimming under the sunset" she said hitting me in the arm.

The guys all looked at each other before looking back at me "bet let's do it" they in unison as if they rehearsed it. Everyone looked to me begging for permission to do so.

"lets go" I said sighing leading the girls up to my room to get swim suits. We dug through my closet until I finally settled on a bikini.  It was simple, black, with high cut bottoms. It fit me perfect and I felt it was appropriate for the occasion.

"now that I'm dressed we need to address Naomi, Isaiah is totally into you" I said looking at her. She shook her head while smiling and I could tell the feeling was mutual.

"I agree we have to make you look equally as hot as Izzie" Hailey said getting more and more excited by the second.

"I would have to agree with Izzie looking hot" Skylar piped up while popping her head around the corner from the bathroom.

"Ill take the compliment but let's focus here" I said digging through the pile of swimsuits. After what seemed like forever we were all dressed and headed downstairs. Pushing the glass doors open They guys stood waiting. When they caught sight if me jaws dropped and eyes widened.

I know I'm hot

"take a picture it'll last longer" I said walking past yet I still felt a burning gaze on me as we headed down to the ocean. The ocean was my happy place and it just felt like home. As we got closer I saw that Naomi and Isaiah were farther behind and I couldn't help but smile knowing I was right. The sun lowered in the partly clear sky leaving the rest pink and orange. I could tell a storm was coming in and I was excited for it. They make the best waves.

I stood with my ankles in the water lost in thought while the rest caught up to me. Pulling me out of my thoughts Isaiah came running past with Naomi in his arms. They were laughing and made a mental note of how cute they were. I all seemed a little too peaceful until I heard Elijah arguing. 

Of course

"-of course its wet" said Elijah

"No water makes other things wet but its not wet itself" Hailey argued back

"Hailey's right water isn't wet" Skylar back her up.

"Im gonna have to be on Elijah's side for once, water is wet" said Xavier. Realizing that it was a tie they all looked to me to break it.

"water isn't wet, that's my final answer" I said shrugging. Xavier and Elijah look at each other with devious eyes before charging at me full speed. Before I knew it Xavier was holding my upper body above his head while Elijah da my legs over his head. They ran into the ocean farther and farther from the sand. I knew this was going so I breathed out when they finally threw me. The water was cool but refreshing from the humidity. They rest of the group soon followed and we spent the rest of our time trying to throw each other.

As the sun got lower the clouds came in until we heard a crack of thunder. To most people this was a sign to get out. The wind picked and everyone dried themselves of sitting in war towels on the sand. It was still light out and the waves got bigger. I ran back to the house and got my surfboard. It was my dad's and it was my favorite. I ran back down and past my friends.

"You wanna see a good time" I said smirking ready for the rush that this would give me.

"Izzie"

"You're gonna drown"

They all shouted for me to come back because this was fucking a stupid idea. If I weren't as good as I was I could easily drown in the massive storm waves. I kept walked when I felt someone pulled back on my wrist. I slammed into a hard chest and when I looked up stormy grey eyes met with mine. I never took a moment to notice how ripped he was. His abs were deeply carved into his stomach with all 8 clearly defined. His arms could rival a superhero's and he was overall perfect.

"Don't be fucking stupid" he said 

"relax" I said running into the ocean. I paddled far out past the crashing point of the waves. When I got out far enough I sat on my board in the middle of the storm in the ocean surrounded by six foot waves. I was a dumbass. I looked back to see the faint formation of a wave. I waved at my friends and started paddling towards the shore. The wave picked up quick and before I knew it I was seven feet above sea level about to drop in. I stood up and dropped into the barrel of the wave. I turned 360 around and did my flashy moves to impress everyone. The wave was slowing and I was out of the barrel just as quick as I got in. Carrying my board I met up with my friends and we decided to walk back.

"I would say Im impressed but you just keep surprising me" Hailey said. We all walked and Isaiah had his arm thrown over Naomi's shoulders and they looked happy. Hailey and Skylar continued to argue with Elijah like always. 

"You are something else Ms.Castillo" Xavier said shaking his head.

"And yet you've only seen the half of it" I said, he thought I was being funny. I was dead serious, I was not about to lose my friends cause they know how I make money. We walked inside and were met with a wall of freezing air once we stepped through the doors. The sun was long gone and everyone was starting to get tired. One by one they started to head out and just as I predicted I was alone in the dark. Living alone was something I loved but it got lonely. I was only 15 and all of my family had walked out on me. I was the only person I could rely on. My fears would soon eat me alive but my big question was how long I could hide the real me from my new friends.

Little did I knew it would be much less time than I thought.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n

I know it's a little late but Im working on another chapter right now and I hope to have that out soon. What do you guys think of Naomi and Isaiah? Thoughts on Xavier are welcome too!

Please let me know what you think of it so far and what you wanna see in the future by commenting here ----->

I will be answering a couple questions every chapter to give you guys a better look on what you want to know about any characters, plot, setting, etc. Please ask any questions by commenting right here ----->

word count: 1959

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 50 44
She is "The Good Girl", meet Kiara Thompson, the stepdaughter of a cop and a daughter of lawyer. She is a diligent and well-behaved student with a br...
199K 4K 35
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
78.2K 2.6K 39
Logan is a 17 year old tomboy who grew up with two older twin brothers in a town that gives her little room to be her own person. In a place, where s...
757K 27.1K 26
❌❌❌ WARNING THIS BOOK IS REALLY CRINGY ASF AND THERES ALOT OF MFUKIN MISTAKES READ AT YOUR OWN RISK❌❌❌❌❌❌❌ Meet Aviana Kinsley, your typical teenage...