He Changed || KookV ✅

By hippy_hoppy

[Completed] "Come in." Taehyung walked inside the vacant office. The aesthetic interior caught his attention... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34 (epilogue)
Author

8

32.5K 1.6K 496
By hippy_hoppy

Third Person POV:

"T-taehyung." With widened eyes, Jungkook tried to approach the other male who was groaning in pain.

Taehyung's hand had hit the lower parts of the sink and Jungkook could even see his painfully twisted ankle.

"YOU BETTER NOT TOUCH HIM."

A sudden loud voice caused Jungkook to look back. He was quite taken back by the pure rage written on his face.

Saejung.

The figure skater trudged towards the two others and crouched down next to the photographer whose face was twisted in pain. He sure had a hard fall.

Jungkook watched the scenario helplessly. Saejung tried his best to help the other stand up and just when Jungkook tried to help, he was met with a glare.

Taehyung successfully stood up with the younger's help. He still tried to talk to Jungkook but the other was quick to leave the place when he made sure Taehyung was not seriously hurt.

Taehyung sighed at the unsuccessful talk he tried so hard for but in the end he was the one who messed everything up.

"Are you alright? Can you walk?" Saejung carefully asked as he searched around for any sort of injuries.

"Yeah...I'm fine. But what are you doing here? I mean what about your results?" Taehyung winced at the end when he walked too fast.

"Careful there. And my results got announced so I came looking for you." Saejung watched his every move with keen eyes.

"His did it go?"

"Well. I'm not sure if its okay to say that but I won!" The skater suggestively said. Keeping in mind what the other just went through, his voice was softer and more careful.

"Really? That's great. I really wanted you to win." Taehyung tried his best to sound cheerful and not disappoint the other but Saejung observed how his rather pretty smile didn't reach his eyes nor did the enthusiasm.

"You still upset about what happened?"

"Did you hear everything?" Taehyung suddenly looked at him and asked in all seriousness, ignoring what the other had asked earlier.

"No, actually. I just saw him pushing you."

"That's good." Taehyung muttered to himself before flashing another smile to the figure skater who helped him walk out of the bathroom even though Taehyung clearly told him he was fine and could walk on his own.

"Taehyung?" Jimin questioned once he saw the two of them coming towards the bleachers.

"Why are you limping? Are you hurt? And why did Jungkook storm out? Did something happen?—"

Bombarding him with a dozen of questions, Jimin looked between the limping male and the figure skater whom he was currently leaning on.

"I'm fine and about Jungkook...well... um...our talk didn't work out and I got mad. I fucked up once again Jimin." Taehyung finally answered all of his questions.

"I feel like a useless sack of rice." Saejung intervened. He was really confused about all the ordeal and finally decided to speak on it.

"Then what are you going to do now?" Jimin asked further successfully ignoring the skater's pleading eyes, making him feel even more useless.

"I don't know Jimin. I was so frustrated and said things I regret--" Taehyung, too, didn't pay any attention to the skater and the said male was sulking the whole time.

"Why did you get mad?"

"I couldn't help it. It was just...I couldn't —He was not listening to me at all..."

"So you decided to get mad at him instead? How stupid can you get Taehyung?" The latter knew Jimin had every right to scold him yet he felt a slight bit hurt at how everyone was expecting him to make everything right and nobody was questioning Jungkook's actions.

"Jimin, I know I messed up but I swear I didn't mean to—"

Taehyung's rant was interrupted when Jimin's phone ringed and he had to take the call, saying it was from someone important.

Yoongi.

Why was Yoongi of all people calling him now? They barely had anything to talk about–or that is what Taehyung thought–so it was not a casual phone call.

"Hello?" Jimin answered the call whilst looking at Taehyung.

"What?...H-how?"

Taehyung witnessed how his demeanor came falling down. How his breathing became irregular. His furrowed brows and gasps told him it was something bad. Something really bad.

In a second, Jimin was running out of the ice rink, before Taehyung could even process anything, Jimin was out of the place leaving him hanging despite Taehyung and Saejung calling him several times.

Just what in the world did Yoongi tell him?

The duo followed Jimin out of the small place full of people. Jimin had been really fast because Saejung and Taehyung couldn't spot him inside.

A lot of help from Saejung helped Taehyung reach outside.

Taehyung gasped at the sight.

Jimin was in a frenzy. He ran from one officer to the other while spitting some profanities at them.

The main road was a mess. Several cars were stopped at the police's command. The thing that made Taehyung's insides quiver was the puddles of blood on the road.

He exchanged a glance with Jimin who was on the verge of tears.

The duo didn't know what to do. Whether stop Jimin and ask him what was going on? Or just leave him running around like a mad dog.

"Jimin!" Taehyung shouted when he saw Jimin fall on the ground in pure despair.

He tried going near him. Crossing the yellow tape around the area which read 'caution! Crime scene' carefully trying not to alarm the police who were interrogating the locals.

Jimin saw him coming over and he started to cry silently, Taehyung had never seen Jimin so desperate and helpless. He was always the vivacious, cheerful one of the group. It must have been something really bad.

"T-taehyung! ..Jungkook..he...h-he had an accident."

"What!?"

5 years ago:

"Tae! Let me walk you home" Bogum offered. He had been friends with since diaper days but a certain event had tore them apart, Bogum had moved to Seoul when Taehyung was still in Daegu.

Now that Taehyung, too, moved to Seoul, they were bound to meet again.

"It's fine Bogum.  You don't have to. I don't wanna burden you."

"You can never do that Tae! Besides I also live around there. We can both go together."

"Oh really? Let's go then." He announced, knowing Bogum wasn't the one to back down and arguing with him was pointless.

The taller male grabbed his hand and started walking. Taehyung blushed at the contact and Bogum witnessed his flustered state. The other cooed at his shy behaviour quietly.

The duo walked down the pavement. Occasional horning of the cars and constant chirping of birds made the walk livelier.

Bogum still had a hold on the others hands and was not planning to let go anytime soon. He was enjoying this way too much.

"The date is tomorrow Tae."

Taehyung stiffened hearing Bogum's low voice. The other took notice of his posture and slowly ran his thumb on Taehyung's hand to calm him down.

"I remember." It was a whisper.

"Do you wanna go to the cemetery?" The older proposed, carefully catching Taehyung's every reaction to their conversation.

"To Daegu?" The younger couldn't help his surprise at the proposition. Would they really go to Daegu?

"Yeah...It's weekend anyway. I have already planned to go. I wanted to ask you too. If you wanna go?"

"I--Um.. It's--"

"It's fine if you don't want to." The older added quickly, not wanting to pressurise the younger who clearly was hesitating a lot.

"No! Its just-- I haven't been there for so long--"

"It's fine really! I can go alone." Bogum chuckled, assuring the other who was trying his best to explain everything, even if he didn't have to.

"You know what? I'll go with you" Taehyung answered after a while of contemplating for a bit, it was such a good opportunity for him to let go of everything that held him back all his life.

"You sure? I feel like I forced you--"

"No no Bogum. I want to go." Taehyung smiled reassuringly at him, or at least that's what he tried to do but to Bogum it was an uncertain smile.

"Okay then!" He sighed, agreeing anyway.

"I'll pack my stuff and I'll meet you near the central park tomorrow."

"Alright! I'll text you the time."

"Hmm."

Both of them settled for a comfortable silence during the rest of the walk.

"Go inside Tae! I'll see you tomorrow."
Bogum waved his hand, ushering the younger to go home as they stood outside Taehyung's and Jungkook's shared apartment. The black head stood still on the porch looking at Bogum.

"Do you wanna come inside?"

"Thank you so much but I'm afraid I have to decline your offer. I still haven't packed." He politely refused.

"Okay then."

"..."

"..."

"You know you can go now Bogum!" Taehyung giggled looking at the other.

"I'll watch you go inside first."

Taehyung's heart did a back flip. Bogum was being so sweet. Even this small gesture meant a lot to Taehyung.

"Alright then! Go home safely."

"Okay! Taebear."

Taehyung flinched visibly at the nickname and the gesture didn't go unnoticed by the other male.

Just a simple nickname brought back a flood of memories. Memories he wanted to erase so bad. The cause of his night terrors and his anxiety. The cause of his messed up life.

"I-I'm so sorry. I didn't---"

"It's okay Bogum! Just please don't say that again."

With that he walked inside his home and Bogum turned around to walk to his own.

.
.
.

Jungkook arrived home by evening and took a shower since he was reeking of sweat, practicing all day long really made his sweat glands frantic.

Both Taehyung and Jungkook had a peaceful time eating and talking about their day in general.

"So..You have practice on weekends as well?"

"Yeah! I know it sucks."

"It doesn't. You have to practice hard for the try-outs Jungkook!"

"Yeah! Heard that a dozens of times from coach-nim."

Taehyung rolled his eyes at the other and Jungkook just innocently munched on his meal.

"So? Do you have any plans for the weekend?" He initiated a conversation, wiping his hands and mouth on the wet tissue within his reach, too lazy to wash them.

"Actually, I'll go to Daegu." The said male announced.

"To Daegu? Alone?" Jungkook questioned, already standing up to put his and Taehyung's dirty dishes away.

"Yeah...Daegu. I'll actually be going with Bogum." He added carefully,  standing up to help Jungkook.

"Oh! That's good then. You won't have to go alone." Came the raven head's response, he turned the tap on to start washing the dishes.

"I know right?...Let me wash it." Taehyung nudged Jungkook away, who gladly did so. Moving a slight bit away from the sink, he hoped on the counter where he could see Taehyung just right whilst talking to him.

"Why are you going though?" His curiosity kicked in. Gently taking the washed dishes from Taehyung and wiping them with a towel, he put them in their shelf afterwards.

"Just to walk around the neighborhood. I haven't been there in ages." The black haired male lied flawlessly, feeling guilty about it but he just couldn't tell Jungkook about his messed up life, just not now.

"Hmm." Sensing something was definitely off, he didn't question it and hummed instead, not wanting to force something out of him if he didn't want to share.

Bad decision.

Is the story even making sense?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

368K 21.4K 44
"i will race into your heart and crush it wholly like the best heartthrob and biker i am" "i would like you trying jeon. too bad though, i'm not into...
48.6K 1.8K 13
𝘈𝘜𝘚𝘛𝘌𝘙𝘌 ── ˢᵗᵉʳⁿ ᶜᵒˡᵈ ⁱⁿ ᵃᵖᵖᵉᵃʳᵃⁿᶜᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵐᵃⁿⁿᵉʳ. ᗢ 𝙱𝙾𝙾𝙺 𝚃𝚆𝙾 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙰𝚉𝚄𝚁𝙴 𝚂𝙴𝚁𝙸𝙴𝚂 🕸️ 𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝙾𝙽𝙴 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚂𝙿𝙸𝙳...
84.6K 2.4K 38
" I believe you'll protect taehyung " " I will sir , even if it costs my life " . . . . . "what have u done to me kim taehyung" . . . . . "I...
167K 4.7K 32
naruto is getting treated bad in the villiage so is kakashi and sakura. one day when the council turns on naruto and has him almost beaten to death t...