To Conquer from Within

By Keiklei

This is the continuation of my very first story, which is the story entitled "Nathania Jane Life's Journey"... More

i
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11 • 1
11 • 2
12
13 • 1
13 • 2
14
15 • 1
15 • 2
16
17 • 1
17 • 2
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33 • 2
34 • 1
34 • 2
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45

33 • 1

73 4 0
By Keiklei

“Mom? Can we talk?” the lady asked upon reaching where her mother is.

“Anak!!” Regina exclaimed and immediately hugged her daughter. “Bakit hindi ka nagpasabi na pupunta ka ngayon dito? Do you want something? I'll cook for you. Have you eaten?” she ask consecutively.

“Mom, just relax, okay? I didn't came here to eat. Relax, mom, relax.” she calmed down her mother. They sitted on the couch.

“Bakit ka napasugod dito? Nag-away na naman ba kayo ni Lea?” she asked.

“I came here to uhm—explain myself.” she responds as she bowed her head. “Mom, I'm sorry for all my shortcomings. I'm sorry beca—”

“You don't need to explain yourself and be sorry of the past. I should be the one asking you an apology, baby. Sorry for all my shortcomings. Sorry because I failed as a mother to you.” Regina cuts her statement. “Mommy is so sorry for what she've done to you, anak. I hope you can forgive me.” she adds.

“I came here to explain why I needed to leave 3 years ago. I did it to breathe from all you the things I've been through, to escape from this chaos world where I belong. But that's not the main reason I left. I needed to leave to prove myself from all of you, that no matter what condition I have, I'll succeed. That no matter how sick I am, I can be what I aspire to be, and Mom, I already reached that goal.”

“That's why I'm so proud of you, baby! I'm so proud of you. You never gave up on your dreams, you proved to me that I'm wrong. That I shouldn't done all the things I've done to you before. I shouldn't deprived you on spreading your wings and sore high! I am so sorry, baby that you needed to undergo with those awful events before I realized all my wrong doings.” Regina cried. “And I hope you can still forgive me and let me make it up to you.” she adds.

“I already achieved my dreams, but mom, there's still this hole in my heart that only you guys can fulfill. Only you guys.” the lady replied, crying. “And I already forgave you, mom. You are now forgiven. Let's start a new again. I love you, Mommy.” she stated, wholeheartedly.

“I love you too, anak. I love you so much! Let's start over again and this time, I won't hurt you anymore.” the mother replied as she hugged her daughter tight.

“Please forgive of the things I've done as well, mom.” she cried. “I'm sorry for the things I've done to you. For being rebellious and disrespectful. I only did it because I wanted to have your attention that you forgot to give me since Nate came. But still, I should've just asked you and not did what I've done. I'm so sorry, Mommy. I'm so sorry.” she apologized. Regina held her tight as she continues to say sorry over things she've done before.

This is what the both of them were waiting for, being forgiven by yhe person they've wronged. “You are now forgiven, baby. I already forgave you even before things happened. Stop crying na, oka?” Regina consoled.

“Mommy? A-ate?!” Nate called after he saw them. “Ate!!” he exclaimed as he ran towards them, to give her big sister a warm hug.

“I think you missed me?” the lady asked as they broke the hug, not assuming that her brother would missed her after the things she've done to him.

“Of course, I missed you! You haven't came home for three years!” the boy exclaimed. “Uhmm, Ate—”

“Please don't. I'm sorry, Nate. I'm sorry for the things I've done to you. It's just that, I am not used of having a competitor on Mom and Dad. You see, I've longed for a mother and father's love and attention for fourteen years long. And I've been just leaving with them for years then you came. Since you came, mom and dad's attention were into you, and that they forgot about me. That's when I became rebellious and disrespectful. When you came, I'm still finding my way back home, seeking for love and attention I failed to have for long years. But as the years go by, after I left, I realized that I became selfish on that part. I didn't think about you, I focused on my own sake. Now, I found the missing piece in my life and I'm finally home. Nathaniel, please forgive me on all the things I've done to you.” she explained and apologized.

Nate wiped her sister's tears. “No, ate, thank you. Thank you for the things you've done to me. You're right, mom and dad's attention was fixed in me that they forgot about your existence. But amidst of the things you've done? I'm still thankful and will always be thankful. You taught me a lot, ate. I can't tell it one by one, but believe me, I learned a lot from you. Thank you for your help and love for me. I love you, ate.” the boy stated and kissed her sister's forehead.

“Thania—”

“It's Parisha!” the two exclaimed, correcting their mother.

“Fine, Isha? Nagpaalam ka ba sa kasintahan mo?” she asked her daughter.

“Uhm, Mom? Do you have something to eat? Nagutom ako bigla eh” she asked, diverting the topic. She's dead by now for she forgot to tell Lea about it, or she intended not to tell her about it. Regina guided them to the kitchen and serve her food.

“Tumawag siya sa'kin, galit na galit. Hindi ka na naman nagpaalam 'no?” Regina said. “Anak, kasintahan mo si Lea, nararapat lamang na alam niya kung saan saan ka pumupunta. Alam mo naman kung paano mapraning ang babaeng yon.” she adds.

“Tulog pa naman kasi siya nong umalis ako. Don't worry about it na, ako na bahala sa kaniya mamayang pag-uwi ko. I came here to bond with you.” she responded.

“Anak, you should change that habbit of you. Pwede kang makapatay ng tao sa ginagawa mong yan. You should at least drop a message or note that you left para hindi mag-alala yong tao.” Regina reprimands.

“Will do, mom.” she replied and continue to eat. After she finished eating they continue to catch up and bond together.

While on the other hand, Lea was so anxious. She've been trying to reach out the latter but still no avail.

“Nicole? Have you reach her?” she asked her daughter.

“No, mom. And please, stop panicking! She'll come home anytime soon, okay? She's old enough to handle herself.” her daughter replied.

“I know she's old enough to handle herself but damn! I don't even know where on earth she is! It's almost lunch but she's still not home!” she exclaimed.

“Mama? Why are you—”

“Will you please go upstairs for a while, Leana?”

“Why, Mama? Do you have—”

“Will you please go upstairs, Leana Jem. Please?” Lea plead her daughter in a calm way in order not fright the kid. She knows that when she didn't control herself and yelled at her intentionally or not, the kid might cry and will be hurt. She doesn't want to be yelled and ignored, the same way as her Mommy does. And as long as Lea can, she's avoiding that to happen.

“Why you're mad at me? I didn't do anything wrong, Mama. I'll tell this to Mommy when she came home.” the kid replied and went immediately to her room and locked it.  There's no doubt that she's a smart kiddo. She can read someone's feeling by just merely looking the latter's face.

“Let me talk to her na, Ma. You might end up yelling at her eh, mana pa naman sa Mommy niya.” Nicole said and followed her sister.

“Why do I have to deal with these two! My goodness! They're stressing me out! Where the hell are you, babe! Where are you!!” she whispered. She've been cursing and ttying to reach the latter but to no avail.

“Ate? When are you coming home? I mean, when will you coming to live with us? I missed you so much, ate. Please be home na.” the little kid begged.

“I can't tell you when, Nate. Remember, I have a girlfriend and a child.” she replied.

“But tita Lea is not depriving you from coming home to us, right?” he asked again.

“She's not but soon, we'll getting married, Nate. And you know what does it mean, right? And my daughter needs me, just like you need Mommy.” she explained.

“Leana is not your biological daughter, ate. It's tita Lea and tito Rob's child. Please let them do their responsibilities and come home to us.” the kid begged to his sister. He's indeed fan of having his sister by his side although they aren't that close

“She is my biological child, Nate. She shares my blood, she's your niece. Ayaw mo ba non? You became instant tito!” she cheered but to no avail. Her brother still insisting that she should stay with them.

“Ate, please? Do you want me to talk to tita Lea?” her brother is really persistent on begging her sister.

“Don't worry, I'll often visit you here or you can come to their house. So that Leana will have someone to play with.” she assured. “Nate, will you do me a little favor?” she asked.

“Anything for you, Ate. What is it?” he asked, waiting for the latter to tell him what is it.

“Leana is your niece but will you keep it a secret? Just call her whatever she preferred to be called. I don't want anyone around us know about me having her as my child.” she favored.

“Why? You said it yourself that she's your biological daughter. Why don't you want me to address her as my niece?” he queried.

“It's not that I am not proud of having her but I just want it to be private. She's too young to be exposed in this world where almost everyone has a say to every individual they've seen. Do you get my point, Nate?” she explained to her brother.

“I do understand, ate and if that will protect her, I'll do it.” he replied and hugged his sister.

“Thank you, kuya!” she returned the hug. “I love you.” she uttered.

“Awww, that's so sweet, ate! May I join the two of you?” their mother interjects. They open their arms wide and gladly accepted their mother hug. When they broke the hug, Regina faced the two and hel their hands.

“I missed you.” she stated. “It's my first time to see the both of you this sweet. I never had the chance to give you what you deserved and I'm so sorry about that. I promise that I'll make it up to the both of you.” she adds. The two wiped their mother's tears using their free hand as they pulled her for a hug.

“We love you, too, Mommy.” the two replied.

“You missed, Daddy?” she asked.

“Wala namang araw na lumipas na hindi ko nami-miss ang daddy niyo eh. Kailan na lang nong huli namin siya nakasama, natin siya nakasama.” she replied.

“It is my fault, Mom. Why are you two suffering with this kind of set-up.” she apologized again.

“It is not your fault, it's no ones fault. It's our mutual decision for him to look after their legacy. No one's at fault, sweetheart, no one.” Regina replied.

“What's your plan now, Mom?” she asked her mother.

“Gaya ng napag-usapan, susunod kami doon. It's about time to spend my time in taking good care of you guys. Or maybe I can still teach there or work there if ever. Your dad never stops me from working, he supports me to whatever I wanted to do.”

“I do have your resignation letter already, it's in tito Aga's house. I forgot to bring it when we went back to Carmen's house. I'll just drop it here after the vacation.”

“I think I won't go to the vacation na, I don't belong there anymore. I—”

“Come with me. Next week, you'll be preparing for your flight na. It'll serve as our bond together, don't you want it?” she tells. “Please, Mommy?” she said with her puppy eyes. Regina sighed and nodded her head yes.

“We'll going on a vacation? When?” Nate asked.

“Tomorrow. So better fix your things now and don't let mommy do it for yourself. You're a big boy na kuya, so do it by yourself.” the lady said.

“I know, ate! You don't need to remind me, ate.” he replied.

“Mommy, kausapin mo itong anak mo't dumudugo ang ilong ko.” she complained as she pointed her brother.

“Ako din sumasakit ilong ko kaka-english niya!” the mother seconded.

“Itapon mo na, Ma!” she joked and her brother pouted.

“Ate naman eh! I know how to speak tagalog naman eh.” he hissed.

“Hindi eh. Mommy and daddy didn't teach you how to speak Filipino, don't they?” she asked.

“They did kaya. Marunong ako eh. Mommy, ayaw maniwala ni ate oh.” he said.

“Magsitigil nga kayong dalawa! Mamaya mauwi na yan sa awayan eh.” their mother stopped them. “Hindi ka pa ba uuwi? Baka hinahanap ka na ni Lea? Dragon pa naman iyon.” she chuckled.

“I can tame the dragon, Mom. Don't worry, she can't lay her hands me, she can't hurt me.” she proudly said.

“You can tame her pero huwag ka magpakante diyan. You shouldn't use it just to save yourself, anak.” Regina reprimands her. “Hindi sa hindi ka pwede dito pero umuwi ka na, anak. Alam kong kanina pa umiinit ang ulo ng kasintahan mo.” she adds.

“Pinapaalis mo na ako? Ayaw mo na sa akin? Hindi mo na ako mahal?” she asked as if she's nagtatampo.

“Hay na'ko, Nathania!” she stated.

“Mommy, it's Parisha! Please, accept my name na. I've been using it for how many years now.” she corrected.

“Eh bakit naman kasi pinalitan mo? You knew what that name means.” Regina blurted.

“I'm sorry, Mommy. Yes, I changed it but that doesn't mean that I don't love you na. You gave that name to the both of us, it's just that mine was the girl version of Nate's name.”

“I know naman. It doesn't matter now, what matters now is that my baby is back!” she tells.

“I didn't leave, it just that, it was hidden for a moment. And my Mommy is back as well! My mom really did came back to me!” she replied to her mother and they shared a tight hug.

“Sige na, umuwi ka na. Ako na nakiki-usap sa'yo.” Regina tells as she kissed her daughter before she walk her to the gate. “Ingat po pauwi ha?” she reminded. She waved her hand one more time and waited for the car to vanished from her sight.

“Tatay, salamat po sa paghatid.” she thanked the man, their family driver. The man replied and drove off. She went inside the house and went immediately to her room. After taking a bath, she went out of the room.

“Oh bakit nandito ka? Hindi ba't doon ka na mamamapagi kina Lea?” Aga asked.

“Yeah! I just came her to invite you for tomorrow if you're not busy?” she tells and sit in front of them.

“Saan?” Liza asked.

“I don't know where but it'll be a vacation for all the teacher in the school and we are free to invite whoever we want to invite.” she tells.

“We are not busy but we can come. We'll be preparing the papers we needed. We'll going back to Italy, right?” her tita Liza replied. “Just enjoy the vacation, babe.” the woman adds.

“Aalis na talaga kayo? Iiwan niyo ako mag-isa dito?” she asked. She totally understand that they can't stay in the Philippines for too long. They're just there to accompany her as she crossed her way back home, to Lea and her family. To fix whatever is needed to be fixed.

The two went closer to her and scooted her for a tight and comforting hug. They don't want to leave this young woman alone but their job didn't let them. And they know, she can take good care of herself whether they are there or not. She grows up independent and wise. There's no trace of being immature as of her aga. They've seen how she struggled, how she cried at night wanting to give up.

“You deserve to be happy, love. I saw you at your worst, same as the best and now, I want you to be happy. You finally find your way back home, to Lea and to your child. Be a good mother, okay?” Liza stated as she kissed the top of the lady's head.

“You deserve all of these! You already build your dream family, you now have your house, a child of your own and Lea. Make memories! We're just here if you needed someone to.” Aga stated after his wife. “We love you like our own child already. Be happy.” he adds.

“Why are you doing this to me!” she whines as she broke the hug. “Thank you, tita and tito. Thank you for being there since Mamo and Dada died. You became my parents since then. I love you, guys!” she stated and hugged them one more time.

It's already three in the afternoon but she hasn't come home yet, Lea was too anxious thinking where could possibly the lady be. She's not replying to all of her messages and doesn't picking up her phone.

“Isn't she home yet?” Nicole asked as soon as she reached where Lea is. “Its three in the afternoon already.” she adds.

“She isn't and for Pete's sake! I've been calling her for how long now. Is she really doing this intentionally?! Ang sakit niya sa ulo?!” the woman exclaimed.

“You both are, mom.” the lady replied and received a dagger look from the woman. “Sorry not sorry. But have you talked to tita Regine already? Tito Vice? Someone who is close to her?” she asked.

“I did and Regine told me that she's been out already for an hour or two.” she replies.

“Don't worry na kasi. She'll come home naman later eh. She's maybe roaming around and she enjoyed a lot to forget to inform you.” Nicole said. “And mom? Leana's been crying and doesn't want to stop. She's been calling Misha's name.” she tells.

“I'll just talk to her and explain that her other mother isn't home yet.” she tells and started to walk upstairs but her older daughter stopped her.

“She doesn't want to talk to you after you did earlier.” she tells. She turned her back to her daughter and walk towards the couch. Nicole sat beside her mother as she continues her statement. “She was hurt by your actions towards her. Mom, you know she's a smart kid. She knows how to read someone's emotions by just merely seeing you. The way you acted earlier is too obvious that you are mad and that you poured your madness to her.” she adds.

“I tried to talk to her naman as calm as I can to prevent on showing her ny madness 'cause I know she'll be hurt. She's just like your sister, I mean your sister by heart. What have I done?” she tells and covered her face with her palms.

“Don't cry, Mom. That won't help, just relax and pray that she's safe. I already talked to Leana and explain things to her. Let's just give her some time to get over and you'll be fine.” Nicole consoled her mother.

“She doesn't want to talk to me, she doesn't like me anymore.”

“Of course she likes you, she even love you! She's just hurt, okay? You'll be okay later on.” she replied. They stayed like that. Nicole stating word to ease her mother's mind. Lea's smart and understandable, she's a woman every man wants to have. But she has her weakness, her children and now, her girlfriend too. They are her weakness, no one will dare to mess with them or else she'll be the one they're going to face.

She's too protective when it comes to the person she loves, but not to the extent that they're already choked of it. She'll probably fight for them in anyway she can just to protect them. She can't see the three hurting, she just can't.

Minutes and hours had passed, they already finished eating dinner, a very gloomy dinner. Her youngest isn't talking to her since earlier and she can't do anything about it for now. As much as she tried to approach the kid, she's distancing herself from her. She's just like her Mommy, she never talks to anyone who did something to her. She doesn't talk and just kept on avoiding that person who did her wrong until she became okay, until the pain subsided.

Nicole went to her room as well to pack her things that she'll bring tomorrow and to rest as well. Lea on the other hand stayed in the living room to wait for her girlfriend to come home. Not too long when she heard a car stopped in front of their house. She stands up and wait for her in the main door, she waited for her to open the door.

After a minute and two, the door clicked and opened. The lady was surprised by Lea who's standing right in front of her. But what surprises her the most is what the woman did to her.

“What time is it! What do you thi—” Lea wasn't able to finish her statement when they heard someone yelled at their back.

“M-mommy!!” their daughter yelled on where she is. She's standing not so far to them. Lea turned her back and saw her youngest looking at their direction, tears are flowing down to her cheeks. And then realization hits her. She cursed herself but it won't change the fact that she did it to her girlfriend, and their daughter saw it.

Misha went to where the kid is and immediately kneeled to level her. “M-mommy—” the kid was about to say something but she stopped her.

“Whatever you saw, is not what you think it is. Why are you still up anyways? It's pass your bedtime na.” she explained. She doesn't want her to think that her mother is bad, she doesn't want her to misunderstood it. She doesn't want the kid to build hatred or bad impression to her own mother.

“But I saw what she did to you, Mommy.” the kid says. “Does it hurt, Mommy? Do you want to go to the hospital? Should I tell ate about it? Mommy, answer me! Answer me, Mommy, please?” she cried even more. You can see how she loves her mommy even though they haven't seen each other for a long year.

“Mommy's fine, babe. You don't need to worry about me.” she assured. She carried her to her room and explained everyting to the child. She didn't blackmailed her girlfriend, she invented a story to assure the kid that what she saw was nothing serious. Whatever happened will stay between them and only them can resolve it.

‘White lies to protect your innocence.’ She thought.

“Have you readied your things already?” she asked instead to divert their topic.

“Not yet, mommy. I already choose my clothes but I don't know how to pack them properly. Mama does it everytime but not today because—” she stopped when she realized what she's about to say.

“Because, what?” she asked.

“Because she's busy and I don't want to add the burden, mommy.” she replied.

“Oh, if that's the case, I'll just do it for you then. Is it okay with you if I'll do it for you?” she inquired and the kid nods. While fixing the kids clothes, the kid kept on asking her. And she willingly answered them and explained it in anyway she can.

“Why is Mama mad at me, mommy? I just asked her earlier if she looking for you. But—”

“Did Mama yelled at you?” she asked and the kid shook her head. “If that's the case, then Mama is not mad at you. She's only mad at me because I love pissing her off.” she tells.

“But I saw in her eyes that she's fuming mad, mommy. And her actions says it, too.”

“Okay let's put it in this way, maybe Mama is mad but it doesn't mean that she's mad at you. If you were in her shoe, you are fuming mad and you talked to me. Does it mean that you are mad at me?” she explained.

“No, Mommy.” the kid replied.

“Did you get it now?” she asked and the kid nods her head. “Okay, it's bed time already.” she declared.

“Will you stay here for tonight, mommy?” she asked.

“Of course. And LJ? I'll leave early tomorrow, okay? Just tell ate that I left early and let's just meet at the school, okay?” she informed.

“Can I come with you, Mommy? Please?”

“You need to be with Mama, anak.”

“It's your first time you called me that, Mommy. It feels good, you know? You never addresses me with that, just now.”

“Really?”

“Really, mommy.”

“Oh, we're talking too much na. Let's go to sleep. Momma will check on you in a while.” she said. They utter a short prayer and they fall asleep after.

Minutes later, Lea came to check on her daughter. But she didn't expect that her girlfriend was there, too. She kissed them good night, then she sat at the edge of the bed and stared at them. Her daughter's legs and arms are wrapped in her girlfriend's body, while the latter is hugging her daughter as if protecting her.

Tears began to fall from her eyes as she remembered what happened earlier. She didn't know what have gotten her to do it, maybe because her madness takes over her and wasn't able to control herself from doing so.

She held her girlfriend's hand and said, “I'm sorry, babe. I didn't mean to do it. I swear, I didn't mean it. I don't even know why I did it. Please, forgive me. I promise not to do it again. Just forgive me, babe. I'm really, really sorry.” she cried. She laid beside her kid and fell asleep as well.

The morning came, Parisha was the one who wake up first. She kissed her daughter a morning and was surprised when she saw the woman, peacefully sleeping on the other side of the bed. She leaned towards her and kissed her forehead as well before she jumped out of the bed and went outside.

She went straight to the kitchen to prepare their breakfast, Nicole came after. “Good morning, bunso!” the other lady greeted.

“Good morning, too, Ate. Take a seat, I'm almost done.” she tells. After a minute or two she's done cooking. She put the food in the table and sat across Nicole. “By the way, Ate, I'll go ahead, okay? I already informed LJ about it last night. And I don't want her to see me for she will come with me.” she informed.

“Why are you—”

“Good morning, Ate! Good morning, Mommy!” the kid greeted them and gave them a morning kiss. Parisha just let out a deep sigh, she can't escape now as the kid sat on her lap.

“Good morning, too, Leana! Ang aga mo ngayon ah?” Nicole greeted and teased.

“Because I want to go with Mommy! She informed me last night that she'll leave early, so I wake up early to be with her.” the kid replied.

“I don't want you to come with me, LJ. You should arrive there with Mama. I already explained this to you last night, right?” Parisha replied that made the kid cry.

“Just let her come with you. I know the reason why you want to leave early. Just eat breakfast so you could go.” Nicole tells and Parisha thanked her. The two eat their breakfast and Nicole get her sister's baggage from her room.

“We'll go ahead, Ate. Let's just meet at school. Take care.” she bids good bye.

“Take care as well. Kasama mo ang anak mo so be extra careful.” Nicole reminded her.

“Will do, Ate. And your tagalog is improving na!” she compliments. “Sige na, excited na ata yong isa doon at nauna na sa sasakyan.” she hugged Nicole one last time before getting inside the car.

“LJ, we're going to tito Aga's house first to take a bath, okay? Then afterwards, well drop by to buy some snacks, then we'll go straight to the school.” she informed and the kid just nod her head.

While on the other hand, Lea just woke up. She was surprised that her girlfriend and daughter was no longer there. She immediately went out to search for the on the other rooms but she found nothing. She then went down straight to the kitchen and there she found Nicole.

“Good morning, Mom!” Nicole greeted and gave her a morning kiss. Lea sat across her and greeted her back.

“Have you seen the two? They aren't there anymore when I woke up.” she asked Nicole as she get some food to eat.

Nicole was hesitant to reply, she's been torn on telling her mother the truth or lie. “Did she went out already?” Lea asked after noticing that her daughter is taking too long to reply, and Nicole nod her head slowly to answer her question.

“She told me to just meet them at school. She's with Leana by the way so you won't worry anymore.” she informed and Lea just nod her head as an approvement. “What have gotten you ba kasi to do it? She's so affected on what you did, Mom and I, too is disappointed with what you've done.” she voiced out.

“I don't know either. Maybe my emotions took over me and wasn't able to control myself. I'm sorry.” she explained and bowed her head in shame.

“I am not her so don't apologized to me. Let's just wait for her to heal from what you did. Hurry up so we won't be late.” Nicole stated and excused herself for her to get ready.

Lea let out a deep sigh and finished her food before she went upstairs to prepare as well.

Everyone is already at the meeting place, in school. They all gathered in one place for a quick talk.

“So, each of us will join someone who has a car. Two to three persons will be distributed.” the head of the school said.

“We have four cars with us plus the two vans.” one of the teacher says.

“Let's settle first who'll join the four cars.” the head replied. “So, who will join Mr. Soberano?” he asked and three person raises their hands.

“Now, who will join Ms. Ruiz?” he asked again and three raised their hands as well. “Now, who will join Miss Trinidad,  Parisha?” he asked and there are a lot who wants to join her. Lea forrowed with what's happening.

“I'll join her! My daughter will drive our car for the rest to ride with.” Lea exclaimed. The remaining teachers looked at her, as well as Parisha.

“Anyone else aside from Ms. Sarmiento?” the head asked and it adds on Lea's madness. Not because he asked for more but on the way he addresses her.

“I'll take Miss Munsod and her child, Sir. I can't ride with someone else but them. I have someone with me already so we are all good now.” Parisha informed. “Please get in, Ma'am and make yourselves comfortable.” she adds and Lea glared at her but she didn't mind about it.

While talking the grouping of the others, Miss Munsod went out of the lady's car together with her child and that the lady saw them.

“Aren't you comfortable there, Ma'am?” Parisha asked the woman.

“It's not that but the kid seems uncomfortable with us. But it's okay, we can ride with the others naman.” the woman replied.

“Please give me a minute, Ma'am. I'll just talk to her for a minute. Please don't ride with them. Wait for me.” she tells and she went in inside the car. She immediately faced the kid. “Leana?” she called and the kid bowed her head.

“They don't know me! They don't know that I am your child! I am mad for not recognizing me as your child!” she exclaimed.

“Babe, listen, okay? No one really know about you being my child except for the people who are close with us. But they know that you are Mama's child, isn't that enough?” she explained.

“No! I want them to know that you are my Mom and that I am your daughter. Aren't you proud of having me?” she asked as tears began to form at the corner of her eyes. “Aren't you proud of me, mommy?” she asked and her tears began to fall.

She immediately wiped her daughter's tears and made her sit in her lap. “I'm so proud of having you, babe. I'm so proud of you!” she tells and hugged her daughter.

“Then why are you hiding me from them. Why does they only know me as Mama's child and not yours.” the kid then asked.

“I know you won't understand this much but I'll explain it to you later after we reach our destination, okay? But for now, apologized to them and behave. Am I clear with that, LJ?” she replied and the kid agreed. She went out of the car again and let the two get in. She then went back to where the others are but someone grabbed her arm and pulled it in the corner where no one can see them.

“Why are you doing this, again?!” Lea asked.

“Doing what, Miss Sarmiento? I'm just doing what's being asked and I have a say on who I want to ride with.” she replied in civil.

“Will you please drop the formality?! I am your girlfriend and volunteered to ride with you but you chooses someone else! How could you do that?!” Lea replied, full of anger.

“Will you please act civil when we are with our co-teachers? Act civil, please? I am not here to argue with you. And I don't even want to talk to you either but here I am, talking to you.” she replied casually. “Don't ever bring our personal life when it comes to work. That's one of the thing I've learned from you when I'm still studying and I wanted you to do it as well like you always do.” she tells and was about to walk away but Lea pulled her again.

“Babe, hear me out, please? I really didn't mean it. I swear, I didn't mean it. Babe, please?” she begged.

“Hear you out? You didn't even gave us the chance to explain ourselves. You even acted like that in front of your daughter? Really, Carmen?” she vent out. “I want my girlfriend back! The old one, not this one. Just talk to me when my girlfriend already came back and that she's already willing to listen to someone's explanation.” she turned her back after saying those words that she knew will hurt Lea but she's hurting, too.

Dealing with Lea's randomness was never been that easy, she's acting like a child but she didn't complained about it because she love her that much. She's hurting but can't even confront her because it might worsen their fight. She can't help but to think Lea's welfare. It's always been their welfare before hers, that's how much she loves her.

“One more step forward and I swear, I'm going to provoke Miss Munsod!” Lea warned that made her stop from walking. She turned her back and saw Lea, crying. “All I want for you to do is to inform me whenever you go so that I will be able to know where on earth you are. Babe, is it hard to do?” she asked.

“You know I won't be able to go that far without informing you, Carmen. If I wasn't able to inform you that means I'm just at our house or at tito's house. I am not that stupid to not inform you.” she tells. “But the thing I didn't expect you to do, you did and I'm so disappointed. That's the least I know you wouldn't do to me but dang! You did it!” she broke down.

“I am hurting, too just like how you are hurt. I am hurt but you never saw it because I never let you saw it. I am sad but I never let you saw it. I am fragile but I didn't let you know it. You never heard me complaining, not even on the simplest things, Carmen.” she cried. “But hurting me physically is something else! It breaks me, babe. It breaks me.” she break down and her knees weakened to the extent that she can no longer stand.

Lea went near her to support her from falling. She never knew about it, of course she can't! How can she see all of those if her ego is high. All can Lea do for now is to say sorry all over. She helped her girlfriend to walk to her car. When they reached it, they were the only once who's there. The others are no longer there.

“Where have you been! And why are you guys crying!” Nicole exclaimed as she helped her mother to support the lady. “They already go and we should as well.” she adds.

“I can't leave her in her situation! Maybe I'll ride with them na lang.” she tells.

“No. I don't want to be with you. I can handle myself, but thanks for bringing me here. Just go and we'll follow.” Parisha butts in.

“Babe, I can't let you—”

“Not this time, Miss Sarmiento. I told you, I'm fine. If you want or if LJ wants, you can get her and ride with you if that's what your concern is.” she stated.

“Babe—”

“Mom, enough! Can't you see? What you did affects her a lot! Let's just trust her and give her some time.” Nicole said and assisted her mother to their car. After calming their selves, they already take off.

While on the road, Leana and Miss Munsod can't help but to take a glimpse of the lady every second. They are worried about her condition right now. Her eyes are puffy and lone tears escaped from eyes from time to time.

“Mommy? Are you okay? Do you want to stop so that I can give you a hug?” her daughter asked her. She smiled a little as she take a wuick glimpse at her.

“I am fine, babe. Just don't mind me, okay? Mommy will be fine.” she assured her.

“Parisha—”

“Ma'am, can you please hide it to everyone? No one know that I—”

“You can trust me, Isha. I already knew about your relationship with Lea since then and what's your relationship with this little kid.” the woman replied. “Can we drop by at the nearest store so that I can take over for a while for you to rest. It's okay with me, don't worry. You needed to rest as well and as well as your daughter.” she stated. A minute or two they reached the nearest store on their location. She parked it it there and the woman get out of the car to buy something.

“Leana, will you be okay here with Aliyah?” she asked. “And Aliyah, honey, can you please look after Leana? I'll just need to go to the restroom. Behave, okay?” she tells and went out of the car as well.

When they are about to reach the car, they both heard commotion coming from the car so they rushed to get there and was surprised by what they've saw.

“What happened?!” the two woman asked their children. The two glared at each other and immediately broke it as they avoided their mother's question.

The two woman fixed their childs hair because it was disarrayed by their fight, they also got scratches. After calming the two kids, they already take off. It was all silent when Parisha broke it.

“Leana, what happened earlier?” she inquired but the kid didn't replied back. “Leana, one more time, what happened earlier?” she impatiently asked but to no avail, again.

“Aliyah, anong nangyari? Bakit naman umabot sa puntong nagkasakitan kayo? And anak, she's younger than you, you shouldn't let that happened.” Miss Munsod asked and reprimands her kid.

“She did it first, mommy. I'm just sitting here when she started a conversation. At first it was all nice and pretty well, but then she started to—”

“You provoked me first! How da—”

“Leana! She's explaining, so listen.” she reprimands her kid that made her cry.

“You didn't have to defend her from me, Mommy! I am your child and not her! Why are you defending her! She's trying get you from me! They're trying to get you away from us!” she cried and she unconsciously stepped on the break that made the car behind them bumped into them.

“Leana? Baby, what are you saying?” she asked for clarification as she parked the car the the side of the road.

“Y-you called her 'h-honey' earlier and you even asked her what she wants but you never asked me! I am your child but you don't even defended me and asked me what I want! You are so sweet with Aliyah but you never did to me!” she sobbed and all she can do is to pulled her for a hug. She didn't know that her child feels that when she called someone 'honey'.

“I'm sorry if you feel that way. But baby, calling someone honey doesn't mean she or he's more than you, it's just an endearment and nothing more.” she explained.

“Y-you don't love me anymore, m-mommy. Y-you—”

“Let's just exchange, Parisha. You can't drive in your case right now. You need to console your kid. If possible, take a nap. I'll just drive for us to our destination.” the woman said and she just agreed for she feel drained but she needed to console her daughter. They exchanges position and resume trailing the road to their destination.

“Mommy, please don't leave us. Please, don't leave me, Mommy.” the kid beamed as she sobbed.

“Mommy, won't leave you, LJ. Mommy will always be here for you, for mommy and for Ate. You don't need to worry about me leaving because I won't do it again.” she replied.

“Please don't let them take you away from me, Mommy. They are trying to get you from me.” the kid repeated.

“Look, Leana, we're not here to take your Mommy from you. I am married now and your Mommy has your Mama as well. We're just with you because weh don't have our own car to ride with. I am just Mommy's co-worker and a friend, maybe?” the woman explained to at least ease her worries.

“M-mommy! Mo—”

“LJ, follow me. Inhale... Exhale! Repeat it, baby. Calm down.” she worriedly instructed her when she began to breathe heavily. “Anak, calm down. No one's stealing from you. No one can steal Mommy from you.” she assured her and continues to calm her down.

“M-mommy? I want Mama to be with us. Please?” the kid asked out of nowhere. She doesn't want to be with her as of the moment but if it'll calm her daughter down, them she have no choice but to ride with Lea. She fished her phone and contacted Nicole to inform her on what the kid asked. They pulled over and Lea transferred to their car.

“Mama's here already, LJ. Do you want to go to her?” she informed the kid but she shook her head.

“J-just let her, Mommy. I don't want to talk to her for the meam time but I want her presence to be here in order to hold you in case I fell asleep and the two will take you from me.” the kid replied without withdrawing her head her the lady's chest. Her hiccups are now disappearing, her breathing are now stable. The lady closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep as well.

“Lea, I know what you are thinking about what your daughter mentioned, but it's not what you thibk it is. She thought that I'll take Parisha from her, drom you but I don't have anu plans. Your kid misunderstood it.” the woman explained.

“I really hope it's not what I'm thinking, Ms. Munsod. I really hope.” she replied.

• • •

To be continued!💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 10.7K 83
Ok in all reality I suck at descriptions. This is my first story please give it a chance but speak your mind also. Please note tags and thank you f...
5.3K 187 4
In which Nayeon is struggling with dating and Mina needs more social exposure. Their differing issues result in the same solution. - This was my firs...
48.5K 316 23
This is my first time writing a story. I really wanna know what you think. Please leave a comment
461 1 9
This is an updated version of my first book. I have edited, revised, and removed some chapters entirely. It will be mainly some sexual content, so I...