33 • 1

“Mom? Can we talk?” the lady asked upon reaching where her mother is.

“Anak!!” Regina exclaimed and immediately hugged her daughter. “Bakit hindi ka nagpasabi na pupunta ka ngayon dito? Do you want something? I'll cook for you. Have you eaten?” she ask consecutively.

“Mom, just relax, okay? I didn't came here to eat. Relax, mom, relax.” she calmed down her mother. They sitted on the couch.

“Bakit ka napasugod dito? Nag-away na naman ba kayo ni Lea?” she asked.

“I came here to uhm—explain myself.” she responds as she bowed her head. “Mom, I'm sorry for all my shortcomings. I'm sorry beca—”

“You don't need to explain yourself and be sorry of the past. I should be the one asking you an apology, baby. Sorry for all my shortcomings. Sorry because I failed as a mother to you.” Regina cuts her statement. “Mommy is so sorry for what she've done to you, anak. I hope you can forgive me.” she adds.

“I came here to explain why I needed to leave 3 years ago. I did it to breathe from all you the things I've been through, to escape from this chaos world where I belong. But that's not the main reason I left. I needed to leave to prove myself from all of you, that no matter what condition I have, I'll succeed. That no matter how sick I am, I can be what I aspire to be, and Mom, I already reached that goal.”

“That's why I'm so proud of you, baby! I'm so proud of you. You never gave up on your dreams, you proved to me that I'm wrong. That I shouldn't done all the things I've done to you before. I shouldn't deprived you on spreading your wings and sore high! I am so sorry, baby that you needed to undergo with those awful events before I realized all my wrong doings.” Regina cried. “And I hope you can still forgive me and let me make it up to you.” she adds.

“I already achieved my dreams, but mom, there's still this hole in my heart that only you guys can fulfill. Only you guys.” the lady replied, crying. “And I already forgave you, mom. You are now forgiven. Let's start a new again. I love you, Mommy.” she stated, wholeheartedly.

“I love you too, anak. I love you so much! Let's start over again and this time, I won't hurt you anymore.” the mother replied as she hugged her daughter tight.

“Please forgive of the things I've done as well, mom.” she cried. “I'm sorry for the things I've done to you. For being rebellious and disrespectful. I only did it because I wanted to have your attention that you forgot to give me since Nate came. But still, I should've just asked you and not did what I've done. I'm so sorry, Mommy. I'm so sorry.” she apologized. Regina held her tight as she continues to say sorry over things she've done before.

This is what the both of them were waiting for, being forgiven by yhe person they've wronged. “You are now forgiven, baby. I already forgave you even before things happened. Stop crying na, oka?” Regina consoled.

“Mommy? A-ate?!” Nate called after he saw them. “Ate!!” he exclaimed as he ran towards them, to give her big sister a warm hug.

“I think you missed me?” the lady asked as they broke the hug, not assuming that her brother would missed her after the things she've done to him.

“Of course, I missed you! You haven't came home for three years!” the boy exclaimed. “Uhmm, Ate—”

“Please don't. I'm sorry, Nate. I'm sorry for the things I've done to you. It's just that, I am not used of having a competitor on Mom and Dad. You see, I've longed for a mother and father's love and attention for fourteen years long. And I've been just leaving with them for years then you came. Since you came, mom and dad's attention were into you, and that they forgot about me. That's when I became rebellious and disrespectful. When you came, I'm still finding my way back home, seeking for love and attention I failed to have for long years. But as the years go by, after I left, I realized that I became selfish on that part. I didn't think about you, I focused on my own sake. Now, I found the missing piece in my life and I'm finally home. Nathaniel, please forgive me on all the things I've done to you.” she explained and apologized.