The Hero of Remnant Volume 1:...

De LukeHerdman04

Long ago there was a young boy garbed in green who protected the land 'till his last dying breath. Now, thous... Mai multe

Authors Foreword.
Bio (Act 1)
A Hero Reborn
Things Can't Get Worse... Right?
Mistaken Identity
History Repeats Itself
Memories With A Sword Spirit
The Lost Kingdom Of Hyrule
Ancient Temple Spelunking
The Hero Returns To Beacon
The Fall Of Beacon Academy
Bio (Act 2)
The Aftermath Of Beacons Fall
The Search For The Sword
Fateful Reunion
End Of An Era

A Legend Is Born

918 10 12
De LukeHerdman04

When most people think of legends to tell their kids, the story of the Four Maidens comes to mind the most. The truth is that there is more to the story than most people know. A tragedy that history forgot, involving a young boy giving up his life to save the world. And it all started with a boy garbed in green, who lived in a forest.

Emerald Forest was once a forest where there was a peaceful tribe called the Kokiri. The Kokiri were a tribe that stopped ageing at the age at the age of 10. Most Kokiri children were visited by a fairy when they turned 6. However a young boy by the name of (Y/N) was an exception. When he turned 10 he still had not been visited by a fairy. His best friend Saria always cheered (Y/N) on and believed in him. She was always there for him when he needed her the most. At the age of 6 instead of being visited by a fairy, he instead turned his focus towards training with a sword. By the time he turned 10, he had become the best swordsman in his entire tribe. That's when he received a shock. He was visited in his sleep and warned about impending doom from a blue lady with no arms. When he awoke, he steeled his resolve and prepared to leave his tribe for awhile. Before he could leave, Saria gave him one last gift. An ocarina, along with a song that would contact her if he ever needed to talk to her.

After leaving his forest, he quickly found himself in a world that was completely new to him. People gave the young boy strange looks as he wandered through the streets of this new town. As he was looking around, the voice of that lady rang through his head. 'Locate the Goddess Sword.' (Y/N) wasn't sure what a Goddess Sword was but he knew that it would be crucial to defeating whatever was going to attack. After asking around he eventually found a man that was named Ozma who knew what he was talking about. After explaining the dream he was told that there was a temple nearby that required whoever entered to pass tests of power, wisdom, and courage in order to gain access to the sword. After their conversation Ozma led the young swordsman towards the temple. The boy passed each test and gained access to the sword. However as a twist, he was sealed away in a place called the spirit realm by the evil force he was tasked with destroying.

7 years later the boy emerged from the spirit realm and met Rauru the sage of light, who then tasked the 17 year old with upgrading his Goddess Sword into the most powerful version it can be. He was also tasked with recruiting the other six sages to help seal away the darkness that was plaguing the land. He discovered that while he was trapped for 7 years darkness had steeped into the land and taken over every inch of the world he once knew. 

After an excruciatingly long journey, (Y/N) was able to upgrade the Goddess Sword into the completed Master Sword. After assembling the rest of the sages, (Y/N) was told that he would have to complete trials to collect all three pieces of something called the Triforce. The Triforce was a power that focused on three attributes of a persons soul. When all three pieces were collected, whoever collected the pieces would gain one wish from the goddess Hylia herself. After completing the trials and gaining all the pieces of the Triforce, (Y/N) set out to rally enough troops to launch an assault on the dark castle. Many people refused to join before he found one man who agreed to assist in any way he could. Ozma. Eventually (Y/N) and Ozma gathered enough people to launch an assault of great proportions against the castle in which the darkness resides. Before the army made their assault they needed someone to take charge and guide them into the battle. Ozma instantly voted that (Y/N) be that man. After being convinced to agree, (Y/N) gave everyone a pep-talk that changed the outcome of the fight forever.

"I'm not going to lie or sugarcoat this." He started simply. "I'm looking at this group and realising just how overwhelmed we might be during this fight. But that's not going to stop us from trying to change the world. One day people will see this in the history books and do one of two things depending on the outcome of this battle. They will praise us as heroes if we win, or laugh at us like losers if we lose. I don't know about you guys but I'm going to fight for the land I once knew until the bitter end. The future generations need a better future. If we want that for them, we need to put our all into this battle! So who's with me!?!?!?"

The speech seemed unorthodox but it seemed to do the trick in boosting the morale of the warriors around him. Ozma looked on in amusement, barely believing that this was the same 10 year old boy who came to him for guidance when he was starting his journey. He made a mental note to congratulate him on growing so much in the 7 years he disappeared.

The battle was a long one. If you ask the few people who know about the true battle that took place that day, it's widely unknown how long that battle lasted for. Some say it took 2 hours, some say it was a whole 3 days. While it remains unknown the exact amount of time that the battle lasted for, there's one fact everyone agrees on. (Y/N) was the best fighter that army had. After the majority of the battle was done there was one dispute that was still going on. The battle between good and evil, light and dark. (Y/N) and Ganondorf. As the former moved forward to stab Ganondorf in the gut, the latter sidestepped and stabbed (Y/N) through his own. Falling backwards, (Y/N) glanced at his right hand before slightly smirking. The next thing everyone felt was a tremendous surge of power. (Y/N) unfortunately was forced to use his last resort weapon. The Triforce. (Y/N) picked up the Master Sword and said a chant to use the Triforce's power.

"Goddess Hylia, I pray in your name. I make my wish upon the Triforce." (Y/N) started. "I wish that you seal away the dark force that threatens this world. I plant my sword in this ground to create the seal. Should this seal be broken, then the world will fall to the darkness. I pray to you, Lady Hylia, so you may make this wish come true."

For a few tense seconds nothing happened. Ganondorf started to let out a laugh that chilled the bones of the warriors that were left alive. Before Ganondorf could continue laughing a bright golden light shot out from the heavens. The beam split into two as they moved towards Ganondorf and the Master Sword. Ganondorf started to evaporate and his pieces moved towards the Master Sword and were absorbed into the blade.  As the warriors were celebrating the defeat of their enemy, they heard a sound that sacred them more then Ganondorf ever could. The sound of a body hitting the ground with a thud. Looking to where the sound came from, they saw (Y/N) laying on the ground, blood pouring out of his wound. Reacting quickly Ozma ran towards the fallen man he was proud to call a friend. When he arrived he kneeled next to his friend and started talking to him.

"Hey, (Y/N). Come on get up." Ozma said. "We won, we did it."

"I'm not going to make it Oz." (Y/N) said in a noticeably weaker tone of voice. "I've lost too much blood. There's no hope for me."

"Don't think like that." Ozma said trying to keep his friend alive. "You've pulled through worse. Remember the fight against Dark (Y/N)?"

"We never agreed to call him that." (Y/N) said with a small smile. "You just came up with that because he was a shadow version of my handsome self."

Ozma let out a chuckle at that. He noticed he was joined by the four maidens. They all held solemn looks on their faces, showing they completely understood the situation. Ozma was about to continue talking with his friend, when he felt a hand on his shoulder. Looking up he saw an attractive young woman in a simple but elegant white dress. She offered him a smile that seemed to radiate warmth and hope. She walked past him and the maidens and knelt next to the fallen warrior.

"Oz, did I die? Because I'm seeing an attractive girl next to me." (Y/N) mumbled, his speech being slurred by the extreme blood loss he was experiencing,

"I'm more than just a pretty face you know." The woman said with a chuckle. "I suppose I should be, in order to follow through with your difficult wish."

Ozma and the four maidens eyes widened upon learning that the woman in front of them was in fact the goddess Hylia. (Y/N)'s eyes widened a bit before wincing in pain.

"It's an honour to meet you Lady Hylia." Ozma said with a bow of his head, eliciting a similar reaction from the maidens. "To what do we owe the pleasure?"

"I've come to visit my knight." Hylia explained.

"Is he going to make it?" Ozma questioned with teary eyes.

"Unfortunately not." Hylia said. "But I can give him another chance for another time."

"What do you mean?" (Y/N) asked in a quiet voice.

"I make a pledge right now with everyone here as witness's." Hylia said. "Should the darkness that you sealed away ever return, you shall be reincarnated to combat the darkness once again."

With his last dying breath (Y/N) reached up to his head and pulled of his hat and passed it to Ozma. (Y/N) gave his friend one last smile before his body went limp forever. Ozma and the four maidens wept for hours as they mourned the loss of the greatest warrior they had ever known.

Ozma eventually reincarnated and made his hunter school, Beacon Academy. However he needed an age for first year students to be to enroll into the school. When thinking of the optimal age to train warriors, his mind wandered to the boy who laid down his life to protect those around him. The boy only been 17 years old and yet he was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for a generation he never got to meet. With a small smile on his face he decided to honor his friends sacrifice by making the entrance age 17.

Thousands of years later Ozma was now known as Ozpin, headmaster of Beacon Academy. He had assembled a small alliance with other headmasters of other hunter schools and certain people that he was certain he could trust. He had experienced plenty throughout his lifetime but he never could have prepared for what he was about to encounter. Not only a silver eyed warrior, but also the reincarnated Hero of Remnant. And it all started with a blacksmith shop.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

10.3K 148 25
A boy named (y/n) has many powers of magical origin, one of these powers is immortality. (y/n) lived centuries in a village far from everything bein...
30.9K 633 23
Y/n Rose, a boy from the Xiao-long and Rose families who was born without a semblance or even an aura, so his family neglected him for this until one...
323 3 6
Just the journey of a young teenage boy named, Megumi Ryuji, trying to find the end to his suffering. The usual revenge story.
16.5K 528 58
"You took everything away from me... The people I loved, the people I swore to protect with my life... And, to think that I was so foolish to not see...