The Thief

By Prickly_Thorns

"Tell me little thief," he breathed silently against my ear causing all my hair on the back of my neck to ris... More

The Thief
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Epilogue
Q & A
Covers 1
Covers 2
Covers 3

Chapter 54

6.8K 330 143
By Prickly_Thorns

She looked irritated and beyond angry.

"And if I refuse?" she spat out.

"You can try but then I will never reveal Isaac's location."

"You are a vile man." She scowled and pulled her sword back changing her line of sight to focus now on me before making her way over.

"No, don't kill her her..." Prince Edward who was barely conscious tried to stop her but was completely ignored.

She stopped in front of me. She looked conflicted and a sad frown graced her lips.

"I'm sorry for this." She lifted up her sword with both hands in preparation.

"W...ai.." I broke out into a coughing fit. Shit. The worst timing. I refuse to let Patrick win. I needed to stop her but my body was not allowing it.

She took a deep breath and shut her eyes lifting up the sword higher before dropping it down. I tried to move out the way.

"Nooo!"

Someone yelled. I couldn't make out who as my mind was completely focused on the searing pain I was currently experiencing through the right side of my chest as I had barely managed to dodge the blade which would have pierced through right into my heart.

The pain was immeasurable. Her blade had pierced right through my lung between my rib cage.

Strangely she did not remove it right after and use it to finish the job which should have been completed with the first blow.

Amongst the agony I was feeling I could only just make out where her attention was drawn to. A blurred figure was trying to crawl towards me.

Isaac.

It was him who had screamed. He had his sole focus on me and getting nearer and nearer. Isla looked like she had seen a ghost and dared not move an inch.

I moved my gaze onto Patrick. He looked equally shocked but it soon turned into a fit of rage.

"Why?!" He screamed out. Then looked up and began to laugh. The tone was off. His laughter was all that could be heard.

Isaac managed to get over to me. His expression was very distraught.

"Y-you cannot... Die..." He placed his two hands onto the gashing wound on my side which Richard had inflicted earlier. Isaac tried with what little strength he had to apply pressure to it.

"You said... You said you would come back.. Back to get me..." A tear fell down his dirty cheek.

I lifted up a heavy arm to wipe it away. Isaac's teary navy blue eyes shot up to meet my own. He was shaking. I could tell he was scared.

I tried to give him a small smile but before I could movement to the side caught my eye. I grabbed Isaac's head and pulled him down to my chest in an attempt to save him from the menacing swing of the sword.

Patrick missed and before he could try again, he was blocked by the Prince. I had not even noticed that Prince Edward had gotten up.

He had blood all over his face and looked like an absolute mad man. Rage was dancing in his eyes like a burning fire.

The clashing of swords woke Isla up from her stupor. She reacted by moving quickly to grab Isaac and try move him out of the way of the swinging blades but Isaac would not let go of me.

"You have to let go. Please let go." She voiced out her desperation.

Isaac was troubled. He held onto me tighter. I looked up at Isla my gaze meeting her pleading eyes. I knew what I had to do.

I placed a hand on Isaac's shaking hands which were desperately trying to stay clung to me. His navy blue eyes shot up to me.

"Y... You must... Let go now..." I coughed out some blood came with it. I tried to give him a reassuring smile.

Isaac looked even more panicked. "N-never!"

"It's okay..."

Isaac's eyes were frantically searching my own.

"You... Must survive... Fo-" I coughed out more blood. "For the both of... Us."

His eyes widened. He was still frightened but I could tell he understood. His grip slowly loosened and his sister took it as the chance to pull him away from me.

Isaac's eyes never left my form until I saw them roll back and shut as he had fainted due to being in such a weakened state. Isla carried him off to safety and out of sight. I was relieved.

My attention was drawn back to the fight before me between Prince Edward and Patrick.

The Prince was winning. I watched him throw off his uncles balance and knock him to the ground.

"Filth!" The Prince spat out some of the blood that had ended up in his mouth.

"As expected, you are as strong as ever little Eddie." Patrick grabbed a small loose pebble beside him, "But you fight to honourably and it will be your downfall!" he threw the pebble with a lot of strength hitting the Prince right in the eye.

This temporary distraction gave Patrick enough time to get up and stab Edward through the neck, right through his windpipe.

I tried to scream as the Prince fell to his knees, Edwards chocolate brown eyes met my own for a split second. He obviously noticed the terror in my eyes as he tried to smile before falling flat faced on the ground choking on his own blood.

Before Patrick could celebrate his victory however, a sharp blade pierced right through his chest from behind. With shocked eyes, he turned his head to meet the livid eyes of the General who held the sword.

Ivor pulled it out not a second after and sliced Patrick's head off in one clean blow. The bastard was finally dead.

Ivor fell to his knees in a loud huff right after. He was to weak to stand up and was desperately trying to catch his breath but his eyes were focused on the fallen Prince's unmoving body the whole time.

Before he could make any attempt to get to the Prince, two figures came rushing into the clearing. Both had their swords at hand ready to take on any opponent. It was Vorn and Jessie.

They stopped as soon as they saw Ivor and lowered their swords taking in the scene before them. Vorn was the first to move.

He rushed to his cousins side completely ignoring his father's battered corpse. He flipped Edward's body over confirming his death. The other two watched in silent shock.

I unintentionally broke the silence with another coughing fit. My breath was now coming out in short raspy pants and that's when I took notice of all the blood around me not only from my mouth but mainly from my gapping wound on my side.

Before I could comprehend the situation, two hands were on my shoulders and frantic eyes met my own. It was Jessie.

Vorn was next to me right after and Ivor tried to use the last of his strength to get up and make his way to me as well.

"Shit, Skyler!" Jessie eyes raked my body as he took in all my wounds before stopping on the sword that had pierced my lung.

"Don't worry, help will come soon so hang on." Vorn desperately tried to reassure me.

Ivor was silent the whole time, his face was pale and I could see fear as it dawned on him the true extent of my injuries.

"It's... Okay..." I coughed again, "Can you... Please pull it out..." I was referring to the sword.

Jessie panicked. "No, you will bleed to death."

I gave him a sad smile. "I... Am already..."

"Don't say that! You aren't going to die!" Vorn screamed out.

Ivor placed one of his hands on both Jessie's and Vorn's shoulders. They both looked up at him. His expression was enough for them to understand.

Vorn's eyes started tearing up as he glanced back at me. Jessie looked down, I could tell he was trying to fight back his own.

"It's okay..." I tried to reassure them, "please..." I referred to the sword again.

Jessie nodded and moved to pull it out, chucking the sword to the side. The blood came gushing out right after. I started coughing a lot more but I held my smile.

"It's okay..." I hated the look on their faces. I did not want to see them like this.

"Pl.. Please don't c... Cry... Its... Oka.." I could not properly make out my last words.

I used the last of my strength to keep my smile and slowly shut my eyes. This was the end of the road for me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

866 56 21
Before I begin, I just want to say that this story does include some mature themes. I will also give out a warning a chapter prior to these scenes. ...
241K 11.8K 60
Book 1 - Saved By The Devil ✅ Book 2 - Return Of The Devil ✅ Book 3 - Crowned By The Devil ✅ Book 4 - War With The Devil ✅ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Sce...
281K 8.1K 18
The blade of my hidden knife stops just a few centimetres from the prince's warm skin of his neck. He lays there, eyes closed and rhythmic breathing...
226K 5.1K 13
"I curse you." A mewled whisper erupted her throat steadily raising her shaken up gaze. The man who had her jaw held in a terrific grip gave her a tw...