unrequited love | jegulus

By prongsadvocate

"you're mine now, reggie," whispered james, "yeah?" the story is complete but i will be doing bonus chapters... More

cast
regulus black - character study
playlist
one
two
three
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
PSA (is that the right term? idk)
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
sixty three
sixty four
sixty five
sixty six
sixty seven
sixty eight
sixty nine ;)
seventy
seventy one
seventy two
seventy three
seventy four
seventy five
seventy six
seventy seven
seventy eight
seventy nine
eighty
eighty one
eighty two
eighty three
eighty four
eighty five
eighty six
eighty seven
eighty eight
eighty nine
ninety
ninety one
ninety two
finale
~ bonus chapters ~
tonks
orion and walburga
lily
christmas

four

26.8K 990 850
By prongsadvocate

~*~*~

"oi, black!"

~*~*~

"how've you been?" asked sirius as the two walked around the grounds in a strange silence that wasn't awkward but there was underlying tension.

"phenomenal," replied regulus deadpan, looking out into the water of the lake, the sun glittered on the water and it looked picturesque, regulus thought.

"no, reg, how are you?" asked sirius with a serious tone that surprised regulus because he hadn't ever really spoken like that.

"fine," shrugged regulus, not knowing what else to say and not wishing to tell sirius exactly how he was feeling, not seeing the point in it all.

"c'mon, reg, we aren't like how we used to be," said sirius suddenly, "you used to actually smile, do you remember how to do that?"

"i sincerely apologise that i haven't had much to smile about since you abandoned me," said regulus, stupidly giving into how he was feeling but he felt like he couldn't hold it in any longer when sirius complained about regulus' distance and withdrawn demeanour.

"i couldn't cope in that house, mum and dad hate me," said sirius raking a hand through his hair when a gust of wind blew by, "you can because mum and dad think you're the best son on the planet."

"what makes you think i can cope?" asked regulus challengingly, "i'm intrigued, actually, what makes you think that?"

"because you- well, y'know? mum and dad like you, you can play the part better than me," said sirius but regulus just tutted at the weak answer, he shook his head and walked past him brother.

"who says i'm playing a part?" asked regulus over his shoulder before finally walking away from the lake, feeling no better about he and sirius' relationship than he did before.

regulus feeling severely pissed off, headed to potions in a strop, not in the mood for any unnecessary attention. but, since when did regulus ever get his way?

"oi, black!" called the easily determined voice of barty crouch jr, who threw his arm around regulus' shoulder. offended, regulus pushed it off.

"we don't have that kind of friendship, crouch, dunno how many times i need to say that," said regulus honestly, knowing barty wouldn't actually say anything to bite back, he'd just accept regulus' distaste towards him.

"when's the quidditch tryouts?" asked barty as he stood beside regulus outside the potions classroom.

"this sunday," answered regulus with a sigh, sick of having the same conversation, "in all honesty, crouch, i think you should sit it out. only the best make the team and you can barely ride a broom."

"i've been practicing all summer break," protested barty, he didn't sway regulus but he was glad that summer came sauntering down the hall, looking like she didn't have a care in the world.

"hey, reg," said summer, leaning her shoulder against the wall, "hi, crouch."

"hey, summer," said barty with a toothy grin that repulsed both prefects immensely, "you dating anyone this year?"

"no, and even if i was, you don't make the cut," said summer dismissively, regulus bowed his head to hide his grin that nearly broke out into laughter, "i'd date snape before i'd go near you. no offence, though."

"yeah, none taken," replied barty sourly, going to the back of the line to join his friends.

"you really told him," said regulus through a chuckle.

"he has a really bad vibe, don't you think?" asked summer to which regulus nodded, "he'll be a death eater, mark my words."

regulus said nothing in response. it would be a lie if regulus said it didn't interest him, the whole death eater cult movement. he doubt he'd make the cut, considering he didn't really believe in a muggleborn massacre and pureblood supremacy. he just found the whole thing interesting and fascinating, how one man can really persuade and threaten so many people into joining his army.

summer joined regulus at a desk, which he didn't mind, he'd rather her than barty or some other idiot. he figured she'd be a good desk partner considering she's intelligent and would be valuable in a team effort if they had to brew a potion together. regulus liked professor slughorn, he thought he was a little clueless a times but all in, he was a good professor and smart, just a bit ditsy and shallow when it came to that slug club of his, which regulus got an invite to every year.

"there's already a party scheduled this weekend, you coming?" whispered summer as they copied notes from the board.

"absolutely not," said regulus, his tone deadpan and certain.

"why not?" persisted summer in a frustrated voice.

"i don't want to," replied regulus, knowing that simply not wanting to was a perfectly acceptable reason.

"boring," huffed summer, she left it at that and got on with her work.

"mr black, i forgot to congratulate you on all your achievements this year," said professor slughorn, gesturing to the badges on regulus' robes before he could leave the classroom.

"oh, erm, thank you, sir," said regulus politely, smiling through the embarrassment of being singled out amongst his peers.

"i love when you get embarrassed," said summer once regulus was finally freed from the classroom and the two walked down the corridor together.

"yeah it's brilliant," replied regulus sarcastically, "i swear, i don't understand everyone's obsession with talking to me. i put this moody face on so people stay away from me."

"maybe smile once in a while, that would really throw them off," said summer, laughing at her own joke while regulus only grinned sarcastically in return.

by the end of the school day, regulus finally got some time in the library. he had decided to do something differently and venture down to the restricted section, always wondering what was so bad about it that it had to be secured away from pupils. it depended on how many people where around if regulus would go in or not. he could always come back another time to see if he could get in. regulus looked over his shoulder and saw that the coast was clear as he held the door handle to the restricted section. despite his deep curiosity, regulus didn't think going in before curfew was a good idea.

"just browsing, are we?" asked james who had come up behind regulus just as he turned back towards the restricted section.

"why are you everywhere?" asked regulus sourly, but james only grinned at him and winked, regulus felt mildly dazed at the action but jumped back into his normal self, "not that it's any of your business what i'm doing anyway."

"technically, it is," said james, leaning against on the bookshelves and pointed towards his head boy badge, "i'm kind of in charge of every student in the school."

"you're kind of an imbecile if you think you have any authority over me," said regulus, he gave james a hard stare before waking part him, unintentionally bumping his shoulder along the way.

james looked over his shoulder at the slytherin and grinned, subconsciously putting his hand on his shoulder where regulus had touched him momentarily. james brought out the map from the pocket of his robes, the contents still visible, he looked at the name he had been studying since sixth year. regulus black. he then closed the map with a mischief managed and went to a table where he could see a first year struggling with their work, wanting to help.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.4K 537 14
"𝘐𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘦, 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴, 𝘵𝘰𝘰." ***** 🌸𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐝�...
4.2K 137 26
Oh, Ophelia Heaven help the fool who falls in love. ☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°★.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆. "Would you...like to hear a story?"
9.9K 99 18
Just some stories on Ao3, I wanna put in a book so u all can read them over and over again like a collection you know. ( So far lots of Jegulus (with...
208K 8.2K 24
i'm gonna try to write a proper description. don't take this seriously at all really i wrote this for a laugh that's all (i was also 14 so i don't re...