McMess

By HalleJole

When Meredith finds out Derek kissed scrub nurse Rose she has an incident one night with McSteamy. A few week... More

Crashing Down
Living Hell
Diagnosis
Escape
Life
Catching Up
Rings
Post Honeymoon
Returning
Solutions
Thanksgiving
1 Month
Christmas Eve
Christmas
New Years
2 Months
3 Months
Valentine's Day
Birth
Bright & Shiny
Ella Marie Grey-Sloan
Reunion?
Meeting the gang & dont mess with her
Birthday
Vacation!
Nighttime Talks

GC

366 8 13
By HalleJole

At Mer and Mark's House...
Meredith's POV:

Yesterday was the last day of my maternity leave and the last day of Mark's paternity leave, we convinced Chief to let us go for the same amount of time, we got up like usual and are getting ready to head out.

"You get el and I get the twins?" Mark asks me.

"Sure." I say with a head nod and then I made my way to the nursery to wake Ella up.

"Morning princess!" I saw tickling her to wake up in a fit of laughter.

"We have to get ready! We are dropping you off at grandmas house! Daddy's getting the twins ready." I say lifting her out of the crib and getting her dressed in purple Dino onsie which Mark bought because of the nickname Ella-Saurus.
Onsie:

Then she fell asleep in my arms. I walked down stairs and see the twins sitting at the counter eating breakfast with Mark.

"Morning baby's" I say

"Morning mama!" Ame says

"Morning!" Lucas says half awake, he's not much of a morning person.

"Hey! We have ten minutes to be out of the house Kay?" Mark say to which I just nod.

We all finished eating and getting our bags and heading to Susan and Thatcher's house.

"Kay so you guys know the rules be nice, try not to fight, and help grandpa and grandma with your little sister if they need it. Mommy and daddy will be picking you up but if aunt Lexie gets off earlier she might pick you guys up." I say I we park in the driveway of the house. We all walk out and I knock on the door.

"Morning everyone!" Susan says answering the door.

"Morning."

"Thank you for taking care of them while we are at work! We will be off early hopefully but that is if our surgeries aren't prolonged. Ella is sleeping like always but she should wake up soon" I say.

"Aww she has such a cute onesie!" Thatcher says walking to the door.

"Thanks I picked it out" Mark says proudly, "since I call her Ella-saurus I thought this was fitting. We actually got a few since I couldn't choose which color would look best."

"Well either way adorable and your welcome for taking care of them. We are their grandparents after all so it's no biggie." Susan says.

"True. Oh! And Carolyn and the rest of the family might come down in a few weeks so they said they could take care of them and that they would want a big family dinner while their in town." I say.

"Oh great idea I'll talk to her and make arrangements." Susan replied. "Now you two should go or you won't have a head start on the day."

"Right!" Mark and I bed down to be closer to the kids height. "We love you and we will be back soon!" I say "be good and don't fight. Mommy and daddy should be home soon and we can spend the rest of the day playing but in the meantime have fun with grandma and grandpa!" Mark adds in. We all say our goodbyes then Mark and I jump in the car and head to the hospital.

We arrived at work and parted ways quickly seeing as I already had a consult with Bailey.

As I was walking down to Bailey, I walked past a man that looked familiar... mad? Then again it was a hospital, a lot of people get bad news daily.

"Grey, we have a few surgeries today. First one is in an hour. Cholecystectomy." Bailey said, handing her a chart.

"Okay. Thanks Bailey." I replied. "Just review her chart and meet me in OR 2 in an hour."

I reviewed the chart for about half an hour when Bailey walked back over. "Grey, can you go check on the patient real quick? I gotta go check something." She asked. I simply nodded and walked off quickly.

On my way, my pager flashed. "Code Silver - seek shelter immediately." It read.

My blood ran cold. Silver? I've never learned about Code Silver in school nor in internship. Might just be a drill. I shrugged it off and kept on my way.

*no ones POV*

Mark got the page while sitting in his office and immediately took out his phone and called Meredith.

"Mer?" He asked.

"Hey, what's up?" Meredith replied.

"Are you somewhere safe?" He asked.

"Checking up on a patient. Why?" She asked.

"Go. Hide somewhere. Now. There's somebody in the building." Mark said sternly.

"What?" Meredith exclaimed in fear.

"Yes. Pease go hide." He begged.

"I have to cross the catwalk. Hang on." Meredith said, quickly hurrying across, but not before someone stopped her.

"Stop right there!" A loud, familiar voice called loudly. Meredith froze.

"Mer? What's going on?" Derek asked as Meredith turned around.

"Mr Clark? Gun." Meredith whispered in shock. She had only heard about the man from Lexie and a bit from Mark by extent of what Derek told him. She had only seen the Man walking the halls while his wife was in the hospital.

"Oh god. Stay on the phone, okay?" He asked.

"Put the phone down. We have some things to discuss, Dr..." The man said patiently waiting for Meredith to respond.

Meredith shakily put the phone down, not ending the call. "Grey. Dr. Meredith Grey." Meredith replied, not taking her eyes off of the gun in his hand

"Killed a few people." He said nonchalantly. Meredith gulped.

"A doctor who share your name killed my wife." He said accusingly.

"Mr Clark, you wife died of brain cancer. Th- the doctors on your wife's case did everything they could." She replied.

"No! Listen to me, kid, the doctors and Dr. Shepherd killed my wife. And I know you and him are together, I looked for him earlier and saw your picture on his desk." He yelled. "You're togetehr, aren't you?" He asked.

"He's my ex. We have tw- twins." Meredith stammered out.

"Even better." Gary chuckled, raising the gun and seemed to be examining it.

"Mr Clark, we're very sorry for your loss. I am very sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to lose someone." Meredith said.

"Oh, I'm sure you do. The love of your life ever just...die?" Gary asked bitterly.

"No. But when my mother died our relationship was only starting to grow. An- and I had to go through my pregnancy without the father of my children. It felt like I died because I felt alone and scared. So I know how your feeling." Meredith replied sympathetically.

"No you don't! Dont say that again!" He yelled, pointing the gun directly at merediths chest.

"Mr Clark, I'm human. I'm flawed. I make mistakes. But I'm a good person. Cant you see that?" She asked.

*POV change*

Mark's heart was racing when Meredith wasn't answering him. He decided to run to the catwalk, in hopes of finding his wife, alive and breathing.  Mark raced through the halls, running as fast as he possibly could.

"Sloan!" Someone yelled.

"Webber, what's going on?" He asked. 

"There's a shooter. Get somewhere safe." He said.

"No. Meredith isn't safe. I have to find her." Mark said.

"Sloan!" Richard exclaimed as Mark continued running. 

Just the thought of Meredith lying on the ground, bleeding and in pain from a gunshot wound made Mark's heart stop.  He finally got to the catwalk and peeked around the corner, seeing Meredith face to face within feet of the gunman, who he recognized as Gary Clark. 

"I want Dr Shepherd to feel the pain and grief the loss like I'm feeling right now. And the key to that, is killing you." He heard Mr Clark say. 

"Please. Don't kill me. Think about what your doing." Meredith begged.

"I already made my choice." He said bitterly, before a loud gunshot rang through the hospital. 

"Meredith!"

Mr. Clark had shot Meredith and went running when he heard someone scream. Mark ran to Meredith as fast as possible and fell to his knees beside her.

"Mer! Meredith! Hey hey hey! Your gonna be okay. Calm down. Breathe. You got this. We are gonna get out." Mark said trying to calm Meredith's rapid breathing.

"H-h-hurts." He heard her say.

"I know. I know. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. You have to fight!" He said holding pressure to her lower left abdomen where she was shot.

"Grey! Sloan!" Richard turned pale when he saw blood seeping around Meredith and Mark.

"breathe! We are gonna be okay! We are gonna go home and see the kids!" Mark said rapidly.

"Lexie a-an-n-d Der-Derek. Find th-them." Meredith said to Richard.

"Okay. Okay but you need to calm down and get taken care of!" Richard said.

"We will. I will find an OR to be safe and if possible I'll try to get out." Mark said.

"Kay. Good. Be safe." Richard said leaving after seeing Mark nod.

"I love you s-so mu-ch okay? If anything ha-happens you-u move on fo-r the kids o-Kay? I won't be mad." Meredith tried saying.

"Hey. No. Nothing will happen I promise." Mark replied.

"Just inca-" Mark cut her off.

"No we are finding a way out or at least getting the bullet out of you!" Mark picked up Meredith in his arms and started carrying her to the OR.

"Mark! Where is Mer-OH MY GOD!? What happened!" Cristina said running up to Mark.

"Mr. Clark. Derek and Lexie's patients husband or something. His wife died blamed it on the hospital. Um-anyway he shot Mer I ugh need help..OR! I need to get the bullet out of her abdomen." Mark said trying to think straight.

"Ok let's get her into the OR. Clam down it'll be okay." Cristina told Mark.

"Yang! Sloan!" Richard yelled running down the hall.

"We're taking her to the OR now." Mark informed him.

"Let me help you are to nervous and I'm a general surgeon. This is my specialty." Richard said sternly.

"That'll be great. Sloan you can sit by her head ok?" Cristina said to which Mark just nodded his head.

They started operating on Meredith once she was down from the anesthesia. Cristina needed and extra hand so Mark had to go scrub in.

"Hey up gonna be a minute there's no more soap."

"Okay hurry please." Cristina replied.

"Will do." Mark said before scouring the scrub room for soap.

Cristina jumped when the OR door burst opened and looked are Richard who's face was very pale.

"Stop working on her!" The man said. Gary Clark.

"I said stop!" He yelled again.

"We can't sh-she can't she's hurt." Richard stuttered.

"Someone she knows killed my wife! She deserves to die!"

"If that's the way things worked the human race would be extinct because someone somewhere had an influence on someone who died, thought of dying, or committed. The woman on the table. Closest thing I have to a daughter. To the woman beside me best friend. To the man who worked on your wife. Co parent. The the female who worked on your wife. Sister. To this hospital. Family. If she dies no one in this building will let you walk away from this harm free." Richard said

"She doesn't deser-" Mr.Clark was cut off. Cristina turned around when she heard the fun go off to see Mark had tackled the man.

"You. Don't. Get. To. Choose. Who. Lives. And. Does. Only god can and from what I can't tell your not him." Mark yelled with every punch until the man was out. Richard had been distracting Gary to let Mark jump him. He saw him after Mr.Clark finished yelling. While Richard was talking the gunman Cristina had been working on Meredith seeing as no one was really paying attention to her.

"How is she?" Mark asked

"She stable. We finished." Cristina said as she set her instruments down.

"Let me check you out. Then, go get the S.W.A.T team to take him." Richard said gesturing to the man.

"It was just a graze on my arm nothing a wrap and some cream can't fix right?" Mark said making his way to the hall to find the team.

"Yang. All of us might have not been hurt physically but mentally we are all suffering especially those who lost someone or people like us who came in close proximity with the man. Everyone is getting hospital mandated therapy. No fighting with me on that." Richard said as sternly as possible.

"No fighting. I know I am going to need help before I can get back to surgery." Cristina said with her head down. The two cleaned everything and took Meredith off the anesthesia so she would wake up in a few hours then sat down waiting for Mark and watching Mr.Clark making sure he wouldn't wake up. Soon Mark came with the team and they took that shooter away and the trio took Meredith upstairs to her own room.

————————————————————
In Meredith's room...
Mark's POV:

'Meredith was shot in her lower abdomen during the shooting. Cristina and Richard operated on her and successfully took the bullet out. We are at the hospital in post op room 412.' Sent to: 'Friends' and 'Family'

No one responded to the message and instead they randomly came in to sit down for a while. The door opened. I looked up and was met by Thatcher holding Ella and Susan with the kids.

"We got here as soon as we could. We passed by your house to get you guys some things and incase things for the kids." Susan said.

"Thank you I really appreciate it." I said.

"Daddy what happened to mama?" Lucas asked.

"Here come sit in the chair so I can tell you." The kids jumped in Mark's seat while he bent down eye level with them.

"Today a man came in and hurt mama because he was said and mad at something that happens in the hospital. When I found mama she was hurt and needed help. Grandpa Richard and auntie Cristina helped mama and right now she has to rest and when we are able to go home together she's gonna need help so we all have to help okay?" I told them. The twins nodded. I took them to daycare since I know Meredith's parents are gonna have questions. When I walked in her room I saw Ma and all the sisters.

"Mark" Ma said to me with sympathetic eyes.

"Hey" I said tearing up a bit. She pulled me into a hug and held me while I cried a bit.

"You okay?" Lizzie asked me.

"Not really but I know you all have questions." I replied I heard Lizzie mutter "right stupid question"

"What happened?" Thatcher asked.

"Um well it started with getting a page, it said 'Code Silver- seek shelter immediately' everyone thought nothing of it since we assumed it was a drill so some of us found shelter while others went on with their day. I called Meredith freaking out wanting to make sure she was okay. She responded and I had told her to go hide since she told me she was going to check up on a patient she responded saying she needed to cross the catwalk to get to shelter. I waited and told her to not hang up and to keep talking to me. She was about to respond when someone yelled at her. She was cornered by the shooter and he told her to put down the phone before she did she said 'Mr.Clark? Gun.' When I called for her and she didn't respond I started sprinting for the catwalk Richard found me and I told him everything and he told me to go hide and he would take care of it. I was worried so I started running again. When I found her I was in the lobby and  I saw her on the catwalk they were talking when he shot her I yelled and her ran away. I sprinted up the stairs and when I found her she was bleeding onto the floor she was awake and talking she kept saying 'I love you' and 'if anything happens' I didn't want to hear about that so I told her everything was gonna be okay. Richard came then left to find Lexie and Derek since they were his targets. Mr.Gary's wife was admitted to the hospital in the neuro wing and Lexie and Derek were her doctors, she passed away and was put on life support or vent I can't remember, anyways she was taken off because that was what she said she wanted and signed for but he didn't agree with her and blamed her death in the hospital. While Richard and Cristina where operating they need my help so I went to scrub in, when I went to scrub I realized there was no soap so I went to find more a few minutes passed and I looked into the OR to see Mr.Clark running in and yelling at them to stop so Mer could die. Richard was talking to him to distract him while I was sneaking up on him I tackled him and started punching him till he passed out I got a little bullet graze and Meredith was finished we wheeled her up I texted everyone and now we are here." I told them.

"Thank you." Thatcher said. "You saved my daughter."

"She's my wife, the mother of my children, my future, and the love of my life I would do anything to save her." I said.

*few hours later*

I found out Lexie and Derek are okay and aren't hurt. They came to sit by Meredith and are watching the kids. It's been a few hours since Meredith got out of the OR so she should wake up in 2-3 more. I decided to take a nap so I payed my head on the bed and my arms under it cushioning it. I woke up feeling someone's hand in my hair. I looked up and saw emerald eyes. I got up and hugged her.

"Your awake!" I said into her neck.

"I am. Thank you and I love you so much."

"I was so worried" I said tearing up.

"I was too"

The door opened and in came our family. They went to get food while I was sitting with Mer.

"Your awake!" Lexie said running and hugging Meredith.

"Your okay!" Meredith said.

"Lucky I am. Alex was shot so Derek and Rose were helping me with him during the shooting. I was so worried when I found out you were shot. I'm so sorry. If his wife hadn't died you wouldn't have been shot." Lexie cried.

"Hey it's okay as long as you and my family are okay." Meredith said. Ella started whining and Ma passed her to Mer.

"Hey baby girl. I love you so much." Meredith started hugging Ella and I noticed tears in her eyes so I looked at everyone and they got the hint to leave for a little.

"What are you thinking?" I asked knowing her head must be overflowing right now.

"We almost lost them. One different move and we could have lost them, each other, everything." She said letting her emotions come to the surface.

"I know. I almost lost you and then it would just be me and the kids. I could've lost you! Part of my everything. You helped me become the man I am today."

"Hey you wouldn't be alone. You would have our family. They wouldn't hate you or hurt to see you as for who you are today, it's always been there fighting to come out just not mowing how to." She said.

"You might be right but I would lose the love of my life. This kids would lose their mother. You family would lose a daughter, friend, sister."

"We are here now and for a long time."

"Yeah we are here now and for a long time."

————————————————————

Hey guys Ik it's been a while sorry.

What did you think of the new episode?
I was freaking out when Eric Dane came on screen. I love Eric and Ellen they are amazing. I loved when Cormac was talking to his wife's sister abt Meredith. He smiles when he talks abt her.

What did U think abt the promo?
I was freaking out about link possibly proposing and Mer waking up!

Overall?
I think Meredith isn't thinking abt how everyone would feel if she dies like a lot of people want her to wake up because she is friends with everyone and she's so strong. Cormac is falling for someone so if she dies he'll think it's him who's not supposed to be with anyone. The kids will have lost BOTH of their parents not of old age but because of how messed up the world is. Her friends will lose someone who is kind and caring and how is always there. Her work mother and father, Richard could fall back into being an alcoholic bcs Meredith was there helping him through it. Bailey will lose her last intern and close friend. Meredith has been there for everyone and I don't know who is her enemy like  tell me who she hates that is in the hospital like she didn't tolerate Nathan AT FIRST bcs OWEN hated him. Ok well like always love you💋 and stay safe😷

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.4K 2.2K 34
Derek and Meredith meet through Mark and Lexie. They've known each other for a couple years now. Derek is always teasing Meredith, it's totally obvio...
7.3K 177 11
What would happen if Meredith found out that Derek was married to Addison and sleeps with him again. What if they do it multiple times
11.6K 247 24
This story is a what-if Addison and Meredith were a couple when she found out Derek was married.
38.2K 1.6K 13
Join Margo Shepherd as she navigates her way through her new home Seattle Grace Hospital Grey's Anatomy | Season 1- TBD MARK SLOAN x OC SLOW BURN #...