Realities: Damian Wayne One-s...

Por gacuseni2

Just some Damian Wayne centric one shots. Some angst and fluff. (Now if I realice it it's mostly angst lol) R... Mais

Still with us
Overstrain
Consequences
Unworthy
Laberynth
Sick
Its nothing to be ashamed of
Flashbacks
Requests
Consequences 2
Mourning
Growing up
Death memories
Father and son
Decisions
They do
Lazarus dependance
Lazarus dependance part 2
Overprotective
Tim part 1
Scar
School part 1
School part 2
Author's note

Tim part 2

2.2K 60 41
Por gacuseni2

TW INJURIES AND CANON LEVEL VIOLENCE ALSO CANNON DEATH AND KINDA DEATH

"I'm so done" Dick had said one day. Tim and Damian had looked at him confused. He was doing some Wayne Enterprises documents. "It's just too much. Those old men at the enterprise don't think I can lead WE, and at this point I'm so done with this and them."

Tim and Damian looked at each other and then Tim looked at him. "You know? I can uh take over you? I'm old enough, I already graduated from high school and you have enough with being Batman in one city and Nightwing in the other. Maybe you could even get back to being a policeman here in Gotham."

It had taken long to convince Dick, even Damian had helped him. Dick wasn't sure, it was putting too much on his brother's shoulders.

At the end they had convinced him, of course Dick still worked in some stuff, but it wasn't the same, and Tim would mainly take over. Dick was looking forward to talk to Gordon and applicate for the police force.

Damian didn't really cared, Grayson would be less stressed, that was good, but he also knew that Drake was more than capable, not that he would ever tell him that.

It all went smoothly for some weeks, no major injuries or near death situations, and Tim had adapted easily to being a CEO, Dick was in the process to enter the police force at Gotham, as he couldn't go back to Bludhäven. Even when Nightwing had always been seen in the city.

And Damian? Damian was actually adapting to live in the manor. He had lost contact with his mother. And they were now close to find Bruce wherever...or actually whenever he was.

Damian didn't knew how to feel, he had always wanted to meet the guy. But when he had finally meet his father they had crashed so many times between each other. His father didn't trust him, and obviously wouldn't like the idea of him being Robin.

That also meant that Richard wouldn't be Batman for longer...and he wouldn't be his Robin.

Tim had seen him act weird and stressed, he had avoided everyone, even Dick. Specially Dick.

He had found the boy once almost shaking in the sofa. But he had ignored it and taken notes for himself about it.

But he was done after another week.

"What's this?" Damian asked when Drake threw a jacket at him.

"It's cold outside."

"Tt. So? The manor is just fine."

"Your going to come with me to WE, I have a boarding meeting and some stuff."

Damian did protest, but he put his jacket on and followed Tim to the car. He had been wanting to meet the enterprise for some time now, not that he would admit it. He had been there as Robin, but never as Damian Wayne.

"I'll drive."

"As hell if you do."

"Tt."

The drive was quick. Tim put on some radio station and tried to get Damian to sing with him. Damian refused and insulted his songs. Tim sang them anyways.

When they arrived Damian had to say that the tower was probably the tallest one in the city, he already knew that. It had the best view of the city too, it showed all the power his father had.

Has? Maybe he should have more faith in the young man. He was smart. Even his grandfather had admired so. And he had saved him after all.

Damian didn't knew what to do with the feeling of knowing that he could meet his father after all. Like, really meet him, as his son.

"Damian you coming?"

They both went up to Tim's office. He had refused his father's, and he was given an smaller office, but still with an incredible view.

The complete day was meeting after meeting, Damian and Tim discovered also a deviation of funds in the Argentina's operations, Damian companied Tim on the meeting, he didn't enjoyed being sat and have to be quiet and listening, it reminded him of the league.

(Not me using the time of the long Disney World's queues to write this lmao)

After some more hours it was lunch time, Damian was about to leave and get something for himself. A woman at the office had told Tim that they should go get lunch together, and Damian hadn't stayed long enough to hear Tim's obvious response.

At least he would have some time for himself.

He looked as Tim grabbed some of his stuff.

"Ready?" He asked him.

"What?"

Tim rolled his eyes and sighed. "Lunch demon. The cafe nearby is really good. And I'm starving, so are you coming or not? Not gonna wait."

Damian followed.

Tim ordered for some coffee, probably his third of the day. And an Italian panini. Damian got a salad and Tim forced him to get a smoothie.

Damian had barely touched his plate when

Damian couldn't stop looking at the older one, why did he even brought Damian here in the first place?

"So," Tim started. "How's been your day."

Damian shrugged. "Tt, I do not know why you ask, you have been here all along."

"Yes but, I just wanted to see what you think. About the enterprise and well everything."

"It's...interesting."

"Yeah, but do you like it? Would you enjoy working here?"

"I can not still see what is the point of this. Why do you ask? And why did you brought me here?"

"Oh, well that's easy, someone will have to take this someday."

"But haven't you already?"

"Yes, but Bruce will come back, and Dick won't take over the full office again after Bruce retires, he already's got a job. And Jason...he's not on the table, don't think he'll ever be. And I might need some help someday. I mean, if you ever want to."

"But I will take over the mantle that's what my mother-"

"That what your mother wants. But as far as I know she disowned you."

Damian started to frown.

"That's not how I meant it. Your mother and grandfather has no longer power to take your decisions, they never should have. So what is what you want Dames?"

"I-" Damian closed his mouth, what was it what he wanted? He always wanted to become Ra's, lead the league. He also wanted to become Batman. But those were the things they wanted for him to become. He had never thought that there was a third option.

"Here is another option. I want you, to be a normal child. I want you to go to school, maybe Gotham Academy, get friends of your age. Go to college, maybe marry someone if they have God's patience and are able to stand you. Get a job, maybe in WE. Maybe not. Get a family, and don't have to worry if you will see the next sunrise next morning."

Damian took some breaths and thought about it. It looked like a far possibility, not real for someone like him. Not for someone raised the way he was, for the things he was supposed to do and the things he had done.

"You and I both know it is not possible, I'm not a normal child. And I don't know if I'll ever be. I don't know if I could."

Tim got closer to him. "You and I both know that you deserve that more than anyone. Dick and the rest will understand it. I know I can't make you decide anything, but can you promise that you will consider it at least? I don't want you to die so young as Jason was. It would break the family even more."

Damian stared at him for some minutes, he really didn't get it, he had brought him to the tower, brought him to a cafe to get lunch and forced him to get a smoothie that he wouldn't admit it was actually pretty good because of the amount of sugar it had.

And then he was telling him he wanted him to be a normal child? That he deserved it? Damian was sure he hadn't seen all the things the did at the league, and all the things he had enjoyed doing as one of them.

Or maybe he had, maybe he just wanted him to give up Robin so he could take it back.

He looked at Tim, he looked at his eyes. Damian might have been no expert as Cassandra to read people, but Tim did seemed genuine.

"Tt, ok. I will think about it Timothy. Thank you."

Tim opened his eyes a bit and almost choked on his coffee.

"A thank you and Timothy on the same sentence? We are on Timothy terms now? And a thank you? From you, Damian Wayne, my little demon brother. Are you ill?"

"Do not let it get to your head Timothy. But yes, we are on Timothy terms as you called it. After all you did saved my life."

Damian couldn't help but think about the fact that Tim had just called him his brother. His demon brother, but his brother after all.

He tried to hide his smile but he was sure Tim did managed to see it as he smirked as he got up the table.

***

Damian did thought about the offer Tim said, the third option was tentative, but there was always something that made him postpone his decision.

And then Bruce came back, and Dick needed him.

His father wasn't exactly happy with the choice of Dick making him Robin and not Tim. And maybe that was one of the reasons he decided to stay as Robin, maybe he could show his father that he was a good Robin, that he could be trusted.

Tim didn't said anything but he was worried, just as he was worried for any other family member when they were out, Damian deserved to have that childhood that was stolen from him.

Bruce was surprised that Tim and Damian didn't wanted to kill each other, they did fight sometimes, but it was nothing near to how they used to be.

"How did you do it?" Bruce asked Dick once.

"What?"

"You know uh to get Tim and Damian get along?"

Dick crossed his arms and looked to Bruce. "The truth is I have no idea, I don't even think I had something to do with it at all."

***

Damian had a nightmare.

Bruce was at the cave, training to get back in shape so he could soon take over the mantle, and Dick was currently on patrol, he had benched Damian for some minor injury that he had hidden from him.  Tim wasn't supposed to arrive to the manor until tomorrow and Alfred was at the computer.

So Damian didn't cared when he woke up screaming. And heard something breaking. It wasn't exactly a nightmare, it was more like a mix of his worst memories, but this time it was different, Dick left him, and his father disowned him and told him he didn't trust him, which was true, and he punished him and he left him back with his mother.

Damian loved his mother. But he was terrified of his mother, he didn't want to go back to his mother.

Someone knocked at his door. Damian was paralyzed, what if Pennyworth had heard? Or worst, his father?

"Dami are you okay?"

He knew that voice, Damian tried to regulate his breath and blinked a couple of times to get the tears away. But still couldn't say a word or make a sound.

"Damian I'm coming in ok?"

Tim opened the door. And looked at the boy in his bed, he had his eyes opened, but other than the fact that he wasn't frowning or yelling at him for coming in, Tim would have never guessed that he had screamed and cried out loud some minutes ago.

"What?"

"You were crying." Tim took a look at the boy, his hands were red. "You are bleeding."

Damian looked down at his hands, they were in fact, bleeding. He must have hit the lamp on his night table when he woke up.

"I-"

"Let me patch them up ok? Where is you first aid kit?"

It took longer than it should have for Damian to answer, but Tim waited.

"The mirror over the sink, at the top, left hand."

Tim went and grabbed the kit and some oxygenated water and alcohol. He grabbed the boy's hands, but he pulled them away in a hiss, Tim noticed the boy tensed in a defensive pose.

He didn't knew what Damian was thinking or seeing, but he clearly wasn't completely here at the moment, Tim put his hands up. "You see? I'm just going to help you, you have a piece of glass in you hand." He pointed at his left hand, were a small piece of glass was stuck. "Let me just take it out and patch it up, then I'll leave if you want."

Damian relaxed and let him approach. He had to remind himself this was just Timothy, he wasn't going to hurt him...right?

Tim started patching him up "So want to tell me what happened?"

They both stayed in silence for some minutes, Tim didn't pushed him, but he started trembling when Tim was almost done.

"Ok Damian, if you could just stop moving your hands so I can finish wrapping them up..."

Damian didn't stop shacking, his trembling got worse, Tim had to stop and look if everything was fine.

It wasn't, Damian wasn't here yet, his eyes were undivided, probably having a flashback or he was just trapped in his head.

"Damian-"

"He doesn't-" Damian swallowed before trying again. "He doesn't want me."

"Who...?"

"Father, Bruce he doesn't- he doesn't. He will give me back to mother I know, I know you know it he- he..."

"Oh Damian but he does-"

"No he doesn't he" Damian looked up to Tim and some tears were in his eyes "The man doesn't trust me Tim, he doesn't-my dad doesn't trust me..."

Tim wasn't sure what surprised him more, the fact that Damian had told him that, or that he even spoke to him. Or the fact that he was crying and calling him not only Timothy, but Tim.

Or the fact that he was hugging him for the first time.

Of course, Tim hugged him back.

Damian denied anything happened after that. But Tim knew they had a bonding moment though.

(Oh god Wattpad momentally erased like 1.5k words and I got fucking scared lmao, also at this point I don't know what I'm writing anymore I suck at fluff so it's kinda angsty?? Lmao)

**

Tim had a list. And Damian knew it. He had knew since months ago, before they got his father back, but then Tim and him had started getting along and he forgot the matter, but he needed to see the list for himself.

He had found some evidence when he had arrived once early from patrol and he had found Tim on the computer, writing something in some hidden part of his archives, and then removing it and locking it under a password. It was too suspicious and Damian needed to know what was going on.

Dick and Tim left him during patrol hours on the penthouse so he and his father could talk. The man hadn't said a word to him ever since he came back other than 'stop' or an occasional greeting.

So Damian did what he had been wanted to do and tried to get the password.

After six hours he did, and he was trembling in rage.

Tim was not ready for it when Damian jumped him after they came back. He hadn't done it in more than a month, not since Tim had brought him to Wayne Enterprises and Bruce had come back.

So when his instincts of battle after patrol kicked in, he was sure he had broke Damian's face.

"God! Damian, what the hell was that!" He yelled at him after he had thrown the boy a couple of meters away and Alfred came to help him stand up.

Damian didn't said a word, he glared at him and stayed still in the med bat while Alfred patched him up.

"What's going on, Tim?"

"I have no idea Dick, he jumped me."

Then Damian finally stood up, with bruises on his face, not even caring that Alfred was not done.

"Show him Drake!"

Drake, Damian hadn't called him Drake in some time now, they were on Timothy terms! Even Damian had said so. God, Tim was sure in some more months Damian might end up accidentally calling him Tim again someday soon.

"What?" He looked at him.

"The truth about your Hit list!"

Oh.

Damian had finally found the hidden hit list, behind the hit list of the 'bad guys' as Dick has said, there was also one with 'good guys' on it. Including Superman, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel...and him.

No wonder why he was angry.

And Tim still tried to play dumb. "What truth? Dick knows this is just a general plan of action."

"Yes of course, but now show him the other side of the screen..."

Damn.

"You hacked my password."

"It was a child's play." Damian tried to brag.

"Looks like you were playing for six hours."

"Nevertheless, access your back door and show Grayson..."

Oh so he was even calling Dick, 'Grayson', he was mad.

"Oh, okay..." Tim clicked enter and the hidden hit list was shown on the screen. And there was clearly the Robin square almost at the middle of the list.

"...now I can understand why you were angry." Dick said.

"I have done all that has been asked from me!" Damian finally yelled. A finger pointing at himself.

Angry was an statement, the boy was clearly offended and mad.

"I control aspects of my upbringing that neither of you could begin to understand-and I am dismissed-by him, as threat to be monitored in a hidden agenda?!"

His rage seemed to lower, and he finally looked down, he looked even sad, "it isn't fair." He finally said.

Tim may have even preferred him to be angry at him and continue yelling, he had never seemed the boy look sad.

"Maybe it's not Damian but it's-" dick started saying. "It-" Dick sighed. "-go clean up and let me talk to him okay...?"

Alfred and Damian started walking away and Dick turned to him.

"You understand right? Just in terms of general planning," Tim started explaining. "I mean, look at his history, his biology even-"

"I get it Tim, I really do. But at least maybe a harder password to hack-?"

"I didn't think the homunculus would care to try, much less be hurt by it..." Tim was lying, he had been getting to know Damian the last months, and he knew he would be hurt if he ever found out about it.

"You kidding? He practically bleeds a need to be accepted." Tim knew. "And you knew it, you've been getting along, you knew how he would react, you're smart Tim."

"I know why you did it, I understand it, it's something Bruce would have made and surely have done. But you need to understand that not everyone can detach themselves as easily as you can..." Dick took over the computer. "Though I did noticed I'm not here."

"You never would be."

***

And then the day came, Bruce was finally getting back Batman, and Dick was getting back to be Nightwing.

Damian had always been afraid of this. He had been training all day long at the cave, he was angry, he took his katana and started fighting holograms and robots, screaming until his hands were hurt and bleeding. And even then he continued, he had done it before. He just needed to take everything out.

Dick had tried to talk to him, but he hadn't seen him like that before.

And he hadn't talked to Tim ever since the list. Tim had been avoiding him and Damian didn't want to see him.

"Tim come here."  He heard his father said from the entrance of the cave. Damian hid behind the batmobile as some first reaction he had from the league. He knew his father had different rules for the batcave schedules, and Damian didn't want to face the man's consequences of him being alone without supervision at that time of the night.

Not when he didn't trust him yet. He hadn't even taken him out for patrol since he became Batman again and Dick left to Bludhaven to sort some things out as Nightwing.

"What's wrong Bruce?"

"Nothing-I mean. It's just that Damian isn't my Robin. You and I both know that. You are, I can understand Dick's reasons, but I don't-"

"I don't see where you are going with this Bruce."

Damian did, Bruce didn't wanted him. His father didn't wanted him to be Robin, he would take him back to the league, to his mother, where they already replaced him and he would be a failure and a dishonor as an Al Ghul and they would make him kill and they would-

"I want you to be Robin again."

Damian tried to not make a sound, he knew how to. Tim's response was obvious, he obviously wanted the title back, that was his plan all along wasn't it?

"No."

Damian opened his eyes in surprise. No?

"No?" His father asked. Damian could hear Tim nod.

"No. It's Damian's, he deserves it. I know what it is like to get Robin taken away. The kid needs it, his mother disowned him Bruce, and Robin is probably the only thing he has."

"That's not true, he can still be someone else, or go to school-"

"Can he Bruce? You and I both know his history and that it would be difficult, if not impossible for him to leave everything behind to be a normal kid, no matter how much he deserves it. Believe me, I talked to him, but he wants Robin, he wants to be your Robin. And I think he deserves it." There was a pause.

"Robin belongs to Damian now."

It took Bruce a couple of days before he finally took Damian out as Robin. Damian was happy. But it clearly was a mess.

(Oh god my dad just asked me what am I writing and I was like uhhh notes. And he was, what notes? And I said, book notes, uh books that I want to read...I don't think he believes me lol)

***

Bruce and Damian didn't knew how to work together, Bruce reprimanded Damian in most of the things he did, and Damian did a lot of things, specially things Bruce didn't exactly liked.

He also said the hood was useless, ridiculous and it would get in his way. He was wrong, Damian liked the hood. The hood was nice.

Damian could see his father did not trusted him. He believed Damian only wanted things for himself, that he was selfish. He was wrong. And Damian wanted to prove him wrong.

He sometimes went out as Robin without Batman, he knew it wasn't helping on his image with his father, but he couldn't care less.

It all paid of when he got to see the look on his father's face when he gave him back his mother's pearl that he had been searching.

Things were getting better. He had Titus, and even Batcow. Alfred wasn't very pleased when he told him at first he had become a vegetarian, but after a while it had become easier.

Tim didn't actually get that, when he had visited from San Francisco and seemed that Damian had changed his diet he had made some comments about how ironic because of his upbringing.

Damian hadn't appreciated the comments though.

He didn't knew that some new recipes that Alfred got a couple of weeks later were from certain brother of him. Or that he started getting those alimentary supplements also from him.

He hadn't also talked to him, not exactly. They had of course exchanged some words, sometimes even sentences.

Sometimes those sentences came with surprises like an almost broken nose or a punch in the stomach.

They hadn't had a decent conversation ever since the hit list, it seemed like the beginning all over again, instead of taking steps forward every time they met, they were jumping backwards.

Bruce could barely handle the two boys almost killing each other every time they had to work with each other or every time Tim visited Gotham.

Tim still felt guilty though.

And Damian was still too hurt to forgive him.

***

Months started passing.

His mother wasn't happy, so of course, as any mother would do with a rebellious child, she put a bounty over his head.

Bruce had called Tim to help, but it became too much, and they had to fake Damian's death.

Of course Damian wasn't happy it had been a dishonorable death in his way of seeing things, shot by some crazy hit man dressed as a goat.

So of course the kid had decided to take some new persona, Redbird as he called himself, making his own rules while Robin was grounded.

God the kid really had something for drama.

Tim had been called to the batcave, Dick, Damian and even Jason were there. Damian had been forced to stay as Bruce was been forced to decide between his son and his city.

Jason had finally said they should go in. Damian tried to go to, but they didn't let him, Tim had lowered to him.

"Damian, please, I need you to understand why we need you to stay in here."

"I do understand but I need to-"

"No Damian. You will stay here, we will go and help Bruce ok? Stay with Alfred." Tim looked at Alfred, who nodded at him.

The boy was restrained by the old man as his three older brothers went away to help Batman.

***

They were too late, Damian thought. He was looking at everything through the computer, they were too late and his mother had him. She had his father.

They had lost his father. And the knights was death.

None of it would have happened with him as Robin. With them as Batman and Robin.

Suddenly an "Uh Oh" was heard from Red Robin's line, followed by an explosion and then static.

"I lost contact." Nightwing spoke.

"Master Timothy?!" Alfred tried to contact the boy.

There was no answer. Damian opened his eyes, nothing wrong could had happened to Tim, it couldn't, he hadn't yet told him he had forgiven and that he was sorry.

"This is it Pennyworth, I'm goin-"

"Somethings wrong!" Dick exclaimed. "I-She's-Thalia's using kids! She's using children as her army!" Some background noise could be heard. "I can't fight kids! And the police can't shoot children."

Damian turned around to Alfred. "Tt, it's clear they need my help Pennyworth!" The older man started walking around. "My mother is a dangerous woman, far more than the people my father regularly faces. She leads an international organization and she won't stop."

Damian opened his eyes. "I-Grayson told me you helped him while he used to be Robin, when he disobeyed father orders." He took a breath. "Only I can stop this, and I want to prove my father he is wrong about me."

***

Damian was out now. Pennyworth had helped him to go out as Robin, he said he would tell his father he had overpowered him, as if such thing was possible.

Pennyworth had said that his father was proud of him, that he already knew that. But Damian wasn't really sure.

When he arrived everything was chaos, he arrived to the Wayne Tower, Timothy was already there, Damian was able to see how his brother fought and was crashed down an airplane.

"Tt, fool." He was glad that the fool was alive though, his comma didn't worked yet, and some parts of his suit were missing.

Damian didn't hesitated to fight children, he had done it before, and it wasn't like he would make some permanent damage, he knew how to make sure of that.

Dick had came in too, helping him fight the guards and avoid the shooting directed to him.

"What would you do that without me?"

Damian smiled, he got this.

***

He didn't. Not really.

The fight was getting harder each second, he was now fighting against his brother on his own. Dick and Tim were unconscious.

"Mother! I know you're watching somewhere! Stop! Please!" The Heretic was too strong. "Father!" He pleaded.

God he felt like a small child again, scared, and alone.

As the Heretic grabbed him by the neck he looked around, maybe Dick was coming to help him, he had been his Batman after all.

He spat blood at his clone's face. "Coward."

Maybe Tim would help him? He hoped he wasn't mad at him for being angry. He understood his reasons. Maybe he would help him fight this monster and Damian could forgive him.

That would be nice.

But then as the Heretic threw him to a wall reality hit him, there was no forgiveness, there would be no tomorrow.

"...call him off at once..."

He wouldn't live another day to see the sunset.

"...mother..."

He should have taken Tim's offer, he didn't want to die.

"Tt."

The last sound that he ever heard, 'Tt', coming from the mouth of his assassin, killing him with a sword through his stomach.

And killing all the dreams and hopes he had started to let himself have with him.

***

Tim was...struggling.

He wasn't as bad as Dick, or Bruce. He had the ability of emotionally detaching himself as Dick had said.

But he hated this.

His brother had been killed not even a hundred meters away and he hadn't been able to do anything.

He had used a cannon though. That would have been cool if his brother wasn't death, he would have probably liked it. Who was he kidding? Damian, he was the kid who always wanted to drive and push all the buttons of the batmobile, he would have adored it. After all he was just a kid.

He had been just a kid after all.

The funeral had been quiet, Gray and so dull for a boy that in such a short time had changed their lives so much.

Dick was devastated, and Bruce was...as emotional constipated as always. Alfred felt guilty.

They all felt guilty, and they all were, in some way.

(Oh I just realized, Alfred felt responsible for Damian's death after he let him out when he was grounded, and then Damian feels responsible for Alfred's death, took me a couple years to realize it noooo)

Bruce had said some words. Tim hadn't exactly listened. But he did catch the last few ones.

"...his death will be avenged."

"Amen." Dick had said.

Amen. Tim had thought.

His death will be avenged. That was a fact. And facts do not lie.

***

Tim had left. He left the manor as soon as he could and went to the Titans. He stayed with them the longest he ever had after Bruce had came back.

The rest of them already knew what had happened. News between the heroes always travelled fast. Specially someone's death.

And Tim had been even more empty than he had before. Than he had been when Bruce 'died' because that time he knew Bruce wasn't dead, he knew he had to be alive somewhere...

Even if he wanted to believe the same thing with Damian's death, he knew it would be bullshit. This time he had seen it. There was a body. There was a funeral. And there wasn't a Robin anymore.

Tim had already been through the denial step of grief. He hadn't really got over the grief, he had already passed the angry step.

That have been probably the hardest two weeks, he didn't even knew who he was angry at, he was angry at Damian, he was incredibly angry at Talia, at Bruce, at Alfred, at Dick.

But he had been even more angry at himself.

And now...there was the depression step.

And God maybe this was harder. His teammates had noticed, and Tim had noticed they had noticed. But he couldn't bring himself to care.

It was just emptiness. He just wanted to be alone. But he wanted a hug so bad, he wanted to hug Damian and tell him it would be okay.

But he knew it wasn't.

Then there had been a problem at the field, they had been fighting some random villain, no big deal, but Tim had been sleep deprived and the illusions started.

He had seen Damian, he swears it. He had seen him, with his stupid smirk, looking at him, and then turning around, and leaving him.

Tim couldn't let him do that, Damian couldn't leave him, not again, please, no-

He had followed him, he had ran and tried to catch him, he had yelled him name.

But then there was a dead end, there was no place where he could have hidden, and Tim understood it hadn't been real.

Damian was dead, he had to remind himself.

Damian is dead.

He had sat in the floor of the alley and started thinking of everything and nothing at the same time, his eyes unfocused and he felt disconnected to the reality.

Kon and the team had found him after some time, Tim don't sure how much though.

They were saying something, probably his name, Tim? Was that his name? He didn't knew. It felt like he was underwater, drowning. But he felt at peace, sleepy. Could he just maybe close his eyes? Maybe he would find his brother the next time he opened them up.

The next thing he remembers was waking up in the medbay with Kon at his side.

He closed his eyes again because of the brightness in the room.

"Glad to see you're awake."

Tim moaned.

"What-?"

"You passed away, you were injured yesterday, you were bleeding a lot, and then you started running as crazy in the middle of the fight, you left, yelling..." Kon looked at him more softly. "Yelling his name."

Tim remembered that. He had seen Damian.

"When we found you you were sitting in an alley, your eyes were red and you had lost a lot of blood, he had to bring you to the medbay."

Tim looked at the room and slowly nodded. Then he looked at Kon's eyes, he could see the worry in them.

"I-I saw him Kon." He finally said, his voice breaking. "I know it wasn't real, but god I miss him. He was my brother Kon, he was my brother and he trusted me and I betrayed his trust and now his dead."

Tears started falling.

"My little brother is dead and I couldn't say sorry to him, I never got to see him grow, we never got to go to the arcade he wanted-and I-"

Kon sat beside him, Tim hugged him as hard as he could.

"I miss him. I want him back-I, it hurts. I hate it."

Kon hugged him back, he could feel his warmth, "I know Tim, I know."

"It hurts."

"It will be ok Tim, it will get better, it will hurt less." Kon said softly. "It will be okay."

Tim nodded, he wanted to believe it, but it was hard.

***

Bruce had been going crazy trying to bring Damian back, it had been difficult months, for everyone. Tim knew that everyone had blamed themselves for his death, even Alfred. Maybe even specially Alfred.

Bruce had almost broke the family to bring him back, he had went to multiple places, even to Frankenstein. And then they went to Apokalips.

Then there had been a fight, because in this family there always had to be one.

Kalibak had followed them, and at some point he had been fighting Bruce and Damian, and then he had thrown the boy so far that he reached the other side of the cave, and hit his head, hard.

Tim was sure he heard a crack.

He opened his eyes, it couldn't-it couldn't happen, they had just brought him back-they had just-

Damian got up after what seemed to be the longest seconds in Tim's life.

Tim was surprised, he should have died. That hit in his head was fatal, how was he even standing?!

It all happened in minutes, Damian helped Bruce to get out of the water, and battled Kalibak on his own. The kid's strength could equal Kon's.

After everything happened Damian just simply said. "I'm feeling a little...different father."

No kidding.

Turned out his little brother had powers now. He didn't cared, he just wanted to hug him and never let go, not until he was sure this wasn't a dream, an illusion that would vanish like the ones he had before.

He finally got the opportunity after a couple of days, when Bruce and Alfred finally released him from all the tests about his powers and any other secondary effects from being resurrected.

"Timothy-you are choking me."

Tim almost cried when he heard his name. He finally let go and looked at his brother.

"I missed you."

Damian smiled at him. But then he looked down.

"Dami, what's wrong?"

"I'm sorry."

Tim frowned so hard that his eyebrows almost became one. "About what?" He said confused.

"I never forgave you. I should have, it was...childish."

"No,no,no,no Dames, I'm sorry, you're my brother, not a threat. I should have know better, you trusted me."

Damian looked up with a small spark on his eyes. "You really mean it?"

"Of course I do." They smiled at each other. "So the arcade that you wanted to go to-it opened some months ago, do you still want to go?"

Damian smiled with even more excitement.

God Tim had really missed his brother. He sometimes didn't really believed in Gods or any sort of thing like that, but he silently thanked whoever was out there because of this second chance with his brother.

Yay I finished!! I had exams so I couldn't really update a couple of weeks ago when I wanted to but at least I did now.

And now I'm gonna go and continue Who are you. Probably will update next week a long chapter, I'll try to.

You can also find me in AO3 with the same username, where I currently only have this one-shots under the name of "Realities".

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

19K 317 32
The Batfam (Mainly Bruce, Dick, Jason, Babs, Tim Cass and Damian) as oneshots. ON HIATUS: WILL UPDATE IF ASKED AND GIVEN PROMPT Minor cursing. What's...
999K 19.2K 104
Cover by GlebTheZombie on deviantart. I DONT OWN ANY CHARACTERS OR DC. Batfam/brothers xreader requests welcome. KEY- Y/n - your name Y/ln - last...
15.4K 393 7
[DISCONTINUED] So this is just going to be a collection of one-shots about Dick Grayson (aka my favourite and the BEST Robin!). It'll be mostly Night...
873 11 6
First time doing oneshots so if it's bad or anything lemme know. Will contain: Wholesomeness(very low chance) Angst Self-harm Characters: Bruce Alfr...