Right Or Wrong Move | Riven |...

By chaotic_vibes

DISCONTINUED :( Ayla. Fire fairy. Completely oblivious of her real identity. Until, one moment that reveals i... More

characters & A/N
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6
part 7
part 8
part 9
part 10
part 11
part 12
part 13
part 14
part 15
part 16
part 17
part 18
part 19
part 20
part 21
part 22
part 24
part 25

part 23

1.2K 27 17
By chaotic_vibes

Only a month at Alfea, and already so much has happened I can barely comprehend it all. I get to miss the first lesson of the day because I have a meeting with Ms Dowling which was very much needed, I had a lot to talk about and that I still needed to know.
We were now at the end of October, because school here starts later than at home, but their weather is mainly hot so I'm not complaining about that.

It was Monday, so that meant I had a herbology class which I would miss for my meeting, and then a lesson at the end with Ms Dowling. We were also going to start training in combat on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so now it won't just be all normal lessons.

Last night had been perfect and for the first time in a while at Alfea, I had felt normal and happy. He felt the same way about me, and now I was missing having him near but atleast I can hopefully see him today at some point. Having training with the specialists on Tuesday's and Wednesday's also meant I would have time with him there.

All of this had happened between me and Riven, yet none of our friends even know we spoke regularly.

Riven
Good morning Firefly

Ayla
morning Riv :)

Seeing his name light up my phone was enough to make butterflies swarm around my stomach and it made me feel sick, but in the best way possible.

It was now half past 8 and I've been feeling alright all morning, but then a sharp yet dull aching pain replaced those sweet butterflies through my stomach where I was cut by that stupid burned one. All I need to do for now is take the treatment and hope someone kills it soon. That's what I did, took the elixir and headed down to breakfast with Aisha and Musa.

Breakfast passed by quick, no sign of anyone except our year, but Sam sat with us next to Musa and she explained to Aisha. Flora's gonna get a shock when she finds out about them. I headed to my meeting with Ms Dowling after we had eaten and I sat opposite her.

"So Ayla how are you feeling after the events from last week?" She asked me and she sounded genuinely concerned, it made me feel like I could trust her so I did, "Honestly, the pain has gotten better but it still hurts a lot sometimes.." she nodded her head, "Are they any closer to killing the burned one that attacked me or Silva?"

Her eyes flickered with sorrow and I knew then that there was no progress, "They have been trying their best, but these creatures out match our specialist team everytime and if we kill one, it's never the right one." I nodded not wanting to push the matter, obviously seeing the frustration she felt about the whole thing. Especially as Silva was also a good friend of hers.

"I understand, but do you think I could go out, maybe help?" Dowling looked at me shocked as if she would never consider it and I had my answer before she replied.

"Absolutely not. You are far too valuable to this school, this realm, the future." She spoke quickly and with much authority over me and I nodded my head knowing there was no arguing with her on this one.

"If you don't mind I think I'm going to head back now Ms." She nodded and told me to keep safe and focus on my studies. I can definitely do that.

Lies.

It had already been an hour and a half that I had spent in that office, talking and debating with Ms Dowling. That meant that it was now break and everyone would hopefully be at either the lunch hall or where the specialists train.

I headed through the cafeteria and saw non of them were there so I went straight to the fields and saw them all gathered on the grass, basking in the sun's warmth. It hit me as soon as I exited outside and made my way down the steps and past the lakes.

"Ayla!" Flora's happy voice travelled over to me as she waved her hands at me telling me to come sit with them. I wondered over smiling at them all, "Hey guys." They all smiled and continued their conversations.

I sat down beside Riven and Musa sat to my left, there was no Beatrix or Dane today with us. "How did the meeting with Dowling go?" Riven didn't look at me but was obviously speaking to me.

Turning to face him, I saw him let put a cloud of smoke leaning his head back. God it was hot. Hot enough to almost make me forget to reply. Almost, "Yeah it was alright, she won't let me go after the burned one which is so unfair because I could definitely help-" I stopped talking when he turned his head and those piercing green eyes met mine.

"No way are you going after than burned one." He looked so serious but at the same time unbothered. I really had no clue how I did it.

"But I know I can-" A sharp pain shot through my stomach, feeling like someone was twisting a blade in me. Riven's arm shot out to me as I leaned back slightly trying to stable myself.

"I know you help and protect yourself, but in this state you are no help to them and you have to accept that for now. They will find it and kill it." His words comforted me like no one elses could. It was a weird feeling.

I nodded and agreed with him before we got involved in the conversations being held by the group. We all carried on talking for the next half an hour until the bell rang and as we walked away from the boys, Riven brushed his hand against mine. This made my cheeks burn a bright red but my hair thankfully covered it up.

The day went on but half way through magic training with Dowling, I couldn't carry on so I went back to the dorm to rest.

When I entered the suite I headed to the bathroom and threw up, which did not help with the pain already there. There was blood mixed with throw up and the sight made me shudder. I rinsed out my mouth and drank some water before I lifted my shirt to look in the mirror.

There was a black circle that seemed to spread across my stomach and through my veins, clearly visable on my skin. It looked horrific and I quickly put my shirt back down after applying some more of the elixir.

The pain ebbed away slightly as I went to my room and lay down but I got a text before I could. It was lunch now but I wasn't hungry so I just checked my phone.

Riven
Hey :)
Heard you went back to
the dorms, I'll come over
later Firefly <3

The message sent from him carved a smile into my face and made my stomach swarm with butterflies, the effect he always had on me. I changed into some black shorts and an oversized shirt to hide the black mark.

An hour later I woke up and it was now 2 o'clock menaing school was over now and everyone should be back soon. I brushed my hair when I saw the birds nest that was caused from my sleep.

I had no makeup on anyway today so I just waited for everyone to arrive back. When no one came I got very confused until the door opened and I walked into the living room to see Riven.

He was holding a white box and he smiled when he saw me and led me back to my room. "You came." He chucked slightly, "Why wouldn't I?"

He had already sat down on my bed that was unmade from half an hour ago and he patted beside him for e to come sit beside him.

"Where is everyone?" No one had come back yet like they usually would and it was weird.

"They all went to this weird assembly the teachers are holding and wanted someone to check up on you, I volunteered." His smile was gone just sitting there.

I nodded, "So what's in the box?" Now the smile was back, I liked this side of him where he didn't hide any emotions, "Open it to see."

I raised an eyebrow at him warily as I slowly opened it but started smiling when I saw the donuts inside. Chocolate, caramel, oreo and jam, a classic.

"You got these for me? You're so sweet Riv." I hugged him but I felt him roll his eyes at me complimenting him in any way, "Yeah yeah just eat the donuts. I know the oreo one is your favourite."

I smiled at the fact he knew that but decided against commenting on it.

We ate some of the donuts and agreed to watch a movie on my laptop. He insisted that we watched either Aladdin or The Maze Runner, which shocked me because even though they grew up here, they knew almost everything about how we live in the other world.

We decided on Aladdin, a classic, and not even an hour into the movie we had both fallen asleep. It must have been around 6pm when we woke up to Aisha clearing her throat from the door frame.

The warmth on Riven's arms wrapped around my waist and his face being placed in the crook of my neck, was replaced with cold when be removed both. It was reluctantly done from him I could tell but he sadly still had to let go.

"Sorry I will leave now." Riven stood up and put on his shoes, "I will talk to you later Firefly." He smiled at me warmly before leaving our room then the suite.

I groaned as Aisha closed the door and raised her eyebrows at me. "So what's going on with you and that love sick puppy?" She chuckled lightly to herself.

"Look I don't know either." I huffed at the realisation that we had no real label or commitment to each other. That worried me, because he could easily be with other girls.

No. That's crazy. I knew he liked me and he wouldn't, I'm just being paranoid.

"We're just hanging out I guess. I mean we like each other we just haven't done anything about it really." Aisha rolled her eyes at that clearly not buying it or not wanting too.

"Fine whatever you say Ayla, but all I'm saying is you should do something about it." I shrugged at her but nodded after I thought about it.

She spent a bit of time explaining what they went over in class and then she let me do some of her homework with her so I could catch up. I practiced some magic and tried to advance it but we stopped when we realised our room and suite was very much flammable.

After that I spoke to Riven on the phone for while once Aisha had gone for her evening swim. I swear he made my heart melt by just saying my name, or more so the nickname he gave me.

"I really wish you were here with me, I'm always missing you." He spoke so softly and his tired voice sounded so angelic. All I wanted was to me cuddled up with him again, the feeling of safety and happiness his presence brought me was unmatched.

I had to say goodnight to him when I saw the time was 9pm so Aisha would be back soon, although it pained me to do so. A few minutes after putting down the phone Aisha returned and then we both fell asleep after a while.

Pain from the scratch was there all through the night but I managed to sleep with minimal waking up. Restless nights was all I had to await me until that burned one was killed.
______________________________________________________________________________

Okay first I would like to say thankyou so much for almost 18k reads that's genuinely insane.

Second I am so sorry that I took over a month to update this, it's unfair I was just unmotivated but I hope now I will update more frequently.

I'm also working on another book that is not published yet but hopefully i will publish it soon.

Again vote and comment if you liked this chapter and follow to stay up to date :)-S

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 2.6K 16
Mia Silva is Saul Silva's daughter and best friends with Riven and Sky. She's also a shadow fairy; shadow fairies have the ability to manipulate/cont...
747 29 7
When you search the term 'Fairy' what comes up? An image of a beautiful girl with glimmering wings appears on your screen. The words 'Mythical Creatu...
723K 13.8K 37
✩𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚎✩ Clove, a first year fairy at Alfea academy. With being a rare fairy and new dangers arising...
1.9K 60 10
STORY DISCONTINUED (Only charcter that's mine is Sam) • • • ° • ~* "You're a fairy Sam." • • • • "I'...