Little Nightmares: Oneshots/M...

By Annoyingsister2004

(Requests Closed.) Oneshots of little nightmares characters. Some will focus on other characters as well as s... More

(Requests Rules.)
Disconnected.
The Dunce Punishment.
Enemy's Savior.
A Woodland Tag Along Fest.
Different Maw Travels (1/2).
Different Maw Travels (2/2).
Shadows Perspective.
Six Accepts The Damn Sausage.
Runaway's Raincoat.
Sinking.
Descent.
Togetherness.
Different-Toned Nightmare.
The Signal Outbreak.
Grieve.
The Lady's Tellings.
Don't Turn Your back On Me.
Trust.
She's Toxic.
Weapon To Be Used.

Post-Apocalyptic Nightmare.

575 18 7
By Annoyingsister2004

Disclaimer: I do not own Little Nightmares. I also do not own the pictures.

(This is a Little nightmares (video games) oneshot.)

(Its Mono and Six-centric)

(Sorry if the characters seem OOC.)

(This takes place after the ending of Little Nightmares 2.)

(qwertuno and SilentReadersMatter and Mycurrentfandom And -H0RIZ0N)

(I apologise for any spelling mistakes.)

(inspired by 'The last of us' (video game, owned by naughty dog). And 'Raya and the last dragon' (Film, Owned by Disney.)

(Hope you enjoy this little chapter. 😄)

Running.

Mono's good at running. Away from everything, yet to nothing. There's no goal in mind.

Only the will the survive.

He runs and looks behind, seeing a group of kids flying on board. You heard that right, birds. Animals enslaved during the world's ending.

Yep, the world went to a bad state.

It started....four years ago? Maybe five? Six? Ten?

Time's passed so quickly, I don't know anymore.

But Mono runs. The will to survive. Not die.

Death is no mercy. The supernatural took over. He looks to see birds aware of his presence. Mono stole food from their camp.

Now their intent is execution.

As they say, kids can be crazy.

The birds caw, alerting the children of the solo's presence. Mono curses, he wants to cry, and then is ambushed to the ground.

His back hurts. Feels like crap.

He's not surprised. The tactic is to usually run and hide. Survive. But the flight or fight instincts take over. Mono can fight if necessary.

And that's what he settles to do.

Standing, Mono shoves the child off roughly. A surprised squeak rang out in a kinda highpitched manner. Mono knew this is a female.

"What?"

"You stole our food."

The children wear stolen clothes. Tune shorts, pants, jackets, the works. Their hair covers their eyes, same as Mono. He wears a paper bang, just to make sure.

Mono only chuckled, he smirked with a shrug.

"I'm hungry."

"SO ARE WE!"

A child tackled Mono to the ground. He's prepared however, kicking the child off. A male this time, he kicks them in the crotch. A common weak spot.

The male faints in front of Mono, hands clutching his private part. Mono smirks wider, turning the other children. It's their turn.

"Anyone else want a piece? I'd love to take out another leader. The blood is so satisfying."

Oh yeah, Mono's a bounty hunter. He hadn't actually meant to kill the leader, only take a little food.

"My people need that piece of bread!"

Yep, the kids chased him over bread. One single piece of a food they had plenty of. It's honestly pathetic on Mono's opinion.

"Steal it."

Mono prepares his pocket knife.

The children charge. They look around ten years old.

Oh, this will be easy.

One leapt, Mono stabbed in the gut. He blocked another's wrist. Landing a kick to the stomach, the child practically flew away.

Mono tilts one cheek, bloodlust shining as he slowly drew blood from the cheek to lip. Yeah, he's a bit insane. But the world doesn't allow sanity.

"What's your name?"

"Ev..an."

Mono's aware of three other kids standing. He can't care less, he knows his fear status. Very, very high.

The male child speaks again.

"Evan!"

"Better."

Mono cooes, cradling the child's cheek. He leans down, whispering chilling words into their ear.

"Go home, kid. Or death will occur."

Luckily that Mono knows Evan's the leader. He kinda fearfully, rushing towards the birds to lead his people away. He's the pack leader.

Mono finds this pathetic.

Sighing, he walks towards the bird. It stands there obediently, waiting for a master. Mono feels sorry.

And he's someone who's rarely sympathetic.

"Boy or girl?"

The crow caws, showing it's backside slightly. Mono gets a good luck. His hand stokes along the base of the wing, feeling old and new scars alike.

"So akin to mine, huh?"

The bird only crooned in response. Mono imagines it actually understands. The thing's alone like him.

Mama, dad.

She'd been stolen by the signal tower, along with everyone else. Parents no longer existed, kids remained, sometimes babies and toddlers.

Aren't they extinct now?

There's many enemies, Mono always just runs into the worst ones. Believe it or not, Toddlers can be one of the worst. Used by older kids to lure in passerby's.

Mono learned to not trust anymore.

Him, himself, and no one else.

Mono's personal motto.

They're in the forest now. The bird's flying so high, Mono can jump and then he'd die.

Though, he can't now. He's got a deal to go.

Steadying the saddle, the bird lands inches away from a seemingly bottomless hole. Mono steps off, but not before placing a break.

He can't afford to lose his only ride.

The hole is right there, Mono places a bag filled with contaminants so a person can pick it up. There's a little pouch set aside. His hands picks is up.

Dear Asses,

Here's your body. I killed the leader as requested and now his second in command, Evan, I think his name is now fears you.

Btw, thanks for the pay in advance.

Not yours Faithfully, Hush.

Hush is a nickname came up to describe Mono.

Hush sees people behind bushes, in the trees, watching to see if there's a betrayal coming.

No one walks away to describe Mono's appearance.

It's honestly quite funny.

Sometimes.

Mono saddles up the crow again, releasing the break so the the bird can fly. His eyes glaze over as he fake the paper bag off a second, letting himself take in fresh air.

Breathing in, he smiles. Unlike his emotions, air is serene. A calm atmosphere befalls the area. Mono forced the bird to fly over the forest's edge to a oncoming beach.

Mono steps off the to meet another child.

"I know your here."

"Smart, I like that.."

"What do you want?"

The other child steps into view, the forest's entrance forbidden to anyone unless they are passing through.

But only passing through.

"Nice to see you to."

The one stands there with a bandana to cover his eyes, half damn naked except with a diaper thing covering half his body.

And a stick with a bag.

"Thanks."

The boy smiled. Mono's tempted to call him, 'stick boy'. But he feels it would be kinda offensive.

Doesn't mean he knows my thoughts.

"What's the tab this time, Toddler?"

No joke, the kid's knows as the Toddler. Owner of the woods, the entrance at least. But he has a stick, a tribe, people on his side.

Mono's smart enough not to piss him off.

"The girl. Yellow raincoat. Six."

Mono's eyes widened, his chest constricts as the wind picks up ever so slightly. Even the Toddler shivers at the nickname.

"What about the girl?"

Six is the one who's been shunned out by the society. God help the ones who run into the shadow entity.

Another entity, Mono's hunter side takes a moment, protective of the other normal half. His sanity.

A string is all he has left.

"Guard the girl, help her on a journey."

"SHE KILLED THE LADY, I'M NOT GUARDING THE SHADOW KILLER!"

"I'll pay?~"

When did the toddler get close?

Ching. Ching.

Mono looks at the bag, so much money. It could be a thousand piece for all he knows. Maybe hundreds.

God damn, Mono wants that money.

"C'mon, Hush. Just do the task. You'll be paid in advance."

AWOOOOOOHHHHHH!

The sound echoes, and Mono realises. He'd been lead into a trap. It's sunset, there's people surrounding us with sticks.

Around thirty kids.

Yep, there are wolves, creatures of the forest. Mono would either need to run or die from mauling.

Well, he chooses the latter.

"Fine!"

Mono snatched the bag, running towards the crow he'd secured. He quickly rose off into the skies with the money.

Damn, now I have to do it.

Mono is bound by code. Morality, gotta hate it. The big whump is he knows where the Shadow killer is.

Ahh, had to love rumours.

The house is up ahead, Mono parks the crow.

The cabin is in view, Mono rushes inside.

He climbs through a window into a kitchen.

What the hell is this?

He's never been inside.

Wooden floors creak, the door swing open by themselves no doubt. Mono's coat is covered in blood. Though, he thinks the Shadow killer won't mind.

Breathing easy, there's room in view.

Ooh.

Mono squeezes through the door.

Travelling downstairs, Mono jumps a little gap. His knife is out instinctively. Dangers didn't show until the last minute.

What's-

SNAP!

The technique of the using the butcher knife failed.

Mono stares at the new cuts acquired. Shrugging the pain, Mono demands adrenaline to run it's course.

He's survive off that until sleep.

'Hmmm, hmmmm, hmmmm, hmmm..'

A tune rings out, a surprisingly soothing melody.

A music box. The girl's here.

Looking, Mono spots the wooden marked off door. He grumbled, reaching into another room to grab an axe; swing it, then smashing the door.

The terrified shrill makes his ears go deaf a minute.

...OW.

The girl hides under the table, looking scared.

...Don't tell this is the Shadow Killer?

The entity is meant to be terrifying, black skin, dark tentacles spitting out like slender man (Mono shuddered at the once and only encounter.)

The Shadow Killer isn't meant to look like...like a child. Curled up, arms stretched to protect.

Why is Mono sympathetic?

He squished the feeling down.

"Hey.."

Mono kneels down, hand outstretched. The foot slowly looks up, Mono reminds himself her name is Six. Six, Six, Six.

Remember.

The girl is about to grasp his hand, then plays dirty.

Six shoved Mono to the ground, sprinting past the boy she considers a threat. She runs away.

Why?

People hunt because she has the powers. Though, they are suppressed. The price is the never-ending hunger haunting her stomach every second.

In this world, your never safe.

Especially if Hush hunts you down.

"HEY!"

Oh, hell no! His prey isn't getting away that easy. Six is Mono's payed person to keep wage temporarily.

Yes, he knows it sounds wrong.

Mono sprints after the girl. She no longer deserves a name. Not after he'd broken the door down to save the child. And he got paid in advance.

Hell no, is Six getting away.

THEEEEHUHWEEEE!

Mono quickly whistles to his newest pet. The bird comes smashing in through a window. Six squeaks as they crow blocks the way to the cabinet window.

"I knew, I couldn't trust you."

Mono hissed, going close to the girl. Six struggled, clearly trying to give an impending warning. Begging, pleading, just to be heard.

Too bad Mono ties her wrists together.

"Shadow killer, your coming with me."

"No, Hush. Please-"

Mono's used to begging. His victims often tried playing dead before actually dying. This time, the begging isn't amusing.

Mono feels slightly bad.

He placed Six on the front of the crow. Settling the saddle, Mono kicks the bird's side to single leaving.

He glanced at the ground. The moon shines, he'd consider it pretty if not for the oncoming creatures that threatened his very existence.

A shadow kid spying in the dark.

Mono tightens his grip on Six possessively.

She scowls in return, biting Mono's hand.

God damn.

He shakes his hand, licking the blood drawn.

"I like the colour red, my Shadow Lady."

Six...blushed. Mono chuckled softly, placing an arm around waist so she didn't fall. Despite his attitude, Mono hates hitting people.

"I won't hurt you."

Six unconsciously relaxed into his grip. Mono sighs as the bird lands. He forces Six to walk somewhere.

"Here, she's all yours."

Mono shoved Six to the ground, folding his arms his arms to lean against the tree. Looking around for the people paid to have Six in their grip.

They now appear, Mono cringes.

What the hell?

Nomes. Nomes appears in front of them all.

Six backs away as far as possible. She knows the bloodlust look. Mono only bows a little.

He's heard of the tragic ones.

The ones turned by the lady into creatures laughed at by society. The maw, but the after events worked in their favour.

When the lady fell, the nomes rose to power.

They now are cannibals.

Meeting them is both an honour and a curse.

The nomes are survivors and monsters.

Kinda makes sense The Toddler would know them.

The nomes stare at Mono, gratitude in their eyes.

"Thank you, young one."

One holds Mono's hand, placing extra payment inside. It's half more than the Toddler's.

The same nome pats his hand as they close the fist.

"As a reward, three nights of sleep."

Mono almost tripped. Three nights of sleep.

It's a dream come true.

Mono's nightmares are common. A peaceful sleep is a dream come true, even if sacrifice another requires it. A price is always needed to be paid.

"She ruined our lives, killing the lady is Six keeping them power. Now, never speak of this again. The shadow Killer is ours to punish."

Mono's code require no questions anyway.

He solemnly nods as Six's face falls of any hope.

Surprisingly, Mono looks forward to sleeping.

(A/N: Hope you enjoyed the chapter.)

(Maybe I'll continue this if anyone wants, Lol. What do ya'll think?)

(Vote, and comment if you like this~😚)

(Hoped you enjoyed this little fic~😘)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 71 20
Cover Art & Written: krissa_0622 Started: December 16, 2023. Finished: ONGOING. I have no description on this because this is a 'One Shot' or 'Short'...
16.5K 369 17
Mono will do anything for Six. Even if that means being betrayed over and over just to keep her safe. It kills him when she does it but he'll do ANYT...
14.1K 604 32
Cover by SepiaPaws The third and final book in the trilogy. I recommend starting with my first story "Together" and then reading "Forever" so you kno...
63.9K 2.3K 47
Trapped in a vicious cycle, time and time again Mono has only known failure. Bound by an incomprehensible force and queer visions of deja vu, all of...