Dancing The Edge // ptv /aldc...

Per moth-ia

Florenity Desya was a normal 14 year old girl. At least, until her mother passed in a car acident, she was se... Més

Cast
prolouge
ONE : California bound
TWO : Competition and Leaving home
THREE : Room Shopping and Dance
room details
F O U R : The Opportunity Of A Lifetime
F I V E : Auditions and Anxiety Attacks
S I X : Day One At The ALDC
S E V E N : Week One Competiton
E I G H T : Interviews, and Instagram
N I N E: Panic Attacks and First Solos Of The Season
A note
T E N : Week Two Competition and Third Pyramid Down
E L E V E N : Dad Mode and A Dance
T W E L V E : Jealousy Divides A Team
T H I R T E E N : Feelings? We Don't Know Her
F O U R T E E N : Group Rehearsal
F I F F T E E N : Sleep is For Cowards
S I X T E E N : Avoiding
S E V E N T E E N : I Fall Apart
E I G H T E E N : Exhaustion
T W E N T Y : CrushCrushCrush
T W E N T Y - O N E : The Biggest Crowd

N I N E T E E N : The Process to Heal

68 1 0
Per moth-ia

FLORIENITY

The week before I went on tour with my favorite band ever aka my uncles and dad, I was given a deal with the show. While I was under a contract, the producers and Abby worked out a deal that while I would still learn a few of the dances and be in the studio taking classes, I wouldn't be on camera until I was ready to. I was glad they were actually giving me time to deal with everything that happened last week, or well more so everything that was happening building up to last week.

So it was a little weird being able to sleep in Monday and not get to the studio until a little later.

When I got there, Danielle let me know that Abby wanted her to schedule me a private and I nodded before heading to my contemporary class. Walking in to the dancers den, I'm a little surprised to find Luca talking to another girl from my contemporary class.

"Luca?" I asked, and she turns to me with a sad-ish grin.

"Ity, hey." I can't help the heat rising to my cheeks from her nickname as she walks to where I'm sitting on the bench. She sits next to me and wraps her arms around me in a hug and I take note of the strange but comforting smell of hot chocolate and maple.

"I- I heard about your breakdown on Saturday. Are you okay?" I sigh and rub my palm nervously against my temple.

"I've been worse. I- I guess everything with my mom caught up with me and I..."

"The rope finally snapped?" Luca finished and I smiled at her, nodding to confirm she had it right. She rubs my back in condolence before we have to go to class.

The rest of the class Luca keeps catching my eye and smiles at me. I keep feeling the familiar butterflies in my stomach and when I get home that night, the memories of the day keep replaying in my head.

I groan and turn over again, deciding to text the DM groupchat to maybe take my mind off it.

Flora - y'all I think I like someone

Brady - ha y'all

Sarah - wait really? Who is it??

Gianina - you don't have to tell us if u don't want to!

Flora - um okay I'll tell you but please don't judge me

Hannah - we could never judge u floor

Flora - ok well she's really pretty and smart and caring and she's only two months older than me...

Sarah - wait, flora, she?

Flora - oh yeah uhm I'm bi I hope none of you think I'm weird or feel uncomfortable around me...

Sarah - aww no I still love you flora as a friend of course lol I support u 100% ❤️❤️

Flora - thank you Sarah love you too as a friend lol

Brady - my older brothers gay so of course I support you flora. I mean still twins right lol

Flora - of course brads

Gianina - sorry I was in the bathroom but OF COURSE I SUPPORT U FLORA I LOVE U PLATONICALLY but also tell me this girl's name - who is ittt.

Hannah - I fully support you floor, I'm not going to judge you for something you can't control.

Savannah - hey I was busy but o support you too flora!

Pressley - omg guys I was sleeping 😒 but fr I 200% still support u flora now tell us about this crush of urs

Lily - I just snuck my phone into my room because it kept blowing up but yeah flora I support u too ur like my big sister

Flora - aw thanks guys I love y'all but about my crush 👀 her name is Luca I danced with her sister before I started the show. We use to talk and hang out like every competition and I think she's taking classes at aldc now because she was in my contemporary class today.

Lily - awww I ship it

I can't help the grin on my face knowing they all support me. I decided to text Luca and ask her about classes and she said she was now taking classes at the aldc but June wasn't. She also told me about the custody battle and said that June was now living with her dad and his partner. Luca was living with their mom, June and her had the same mom but different dads. We ended up texting over half the night about dumb stuff and it was nice to easily get back into conversations we would have weeks ago.

-

The rest of the week I would go to class and see Luca, occasionally flirting with her but I'm not sure how many she would realize weren't as a joke. On Friday I had my private with Abby so when I walk into the studio, I was really nervous. I hadn't been in a studio with Abby for a week. I was also a little startled by the cameras, seeing as I had been free from them constantly in my face for a week.

With a confused smile, I ask why the cameras are there and Abby shrugs.

"The producers have seen you in class and they think your stable enough to be on camera again. You aren't going to competion this weekend considering you're about to leave for at least 2 weeks."

I nod in understanding and take a deep breath.

"so I know last week was really difficult and you had some sort of outburst in the hallway. What was that about?"

I sigh and hold back the tears again.

"as you know, my mom passed away a couple months before the auditions and I guess I haven't...actually been dealing with it...I guess seeing all the moms with their kids last week got to me" Abby opens her arms for a hug and I do so, she does her best to calm me down.

"You know, I understand what you're going through. It's hard not having your mom around anymore. But you know what keeps me going?"

I begin to grin a little.

"this?" I gesture to the studio and Abby nods with her own grin.

"and I see how much passion you had for dancing in your audition, but you've been off lately. You need to heal. So I want you to listen to this music - and think about your mom, any memories or feelings you have and we want to see what you do with it."

I nod and sit on the floor, staring at myself in the mirror and as the words and music to Paralyzed by NF begins, I take in every little thing about my appearance. My eyes are bloodshot and puffy from crying, I haven't been paying enough attention or give enough time to put on any makeup - not that I need it - and fly always were everywhere. I take a deep breath and close my eyes.

Memories of seeing my mom out in the audience stare me in the face. Another of her dancing in the kitchen to Bulls In The Bronx while I laugh at her and help cook dinner. Her holding me while I cry because I was stressed out.

As the song ends, I open my eyes and realize I was crying softly again. I wipe my eyes and stand up.

We end up spending the entire private lesson making up a solo to the song. Abby said she and Gianna couldn't choreograph the entire thing because it was only going to help heal if I put meaning to it.

When I got home, I cried again and watched movies, more than happy that Vic and the others would be home by tomorrow morning. We'd be spending the rest of the weekend hanging out and packing before we left.

I fell asleep finally seeing memories of my mom for the first time in months.

-------------INSTA-----------------------

Florienity.Fading : sometimes to heal you have to let go. I've been starting to learn that. But throw back to last Year learning a solo and I dyed my hair red for my 13th borthday lol. Can't wait to start my lil break and hang out on tour

PC : I don't remember but I'm posting this now cause some of y'all thought I never post dance photos lol

View comments

piercethevic - aww dang I missed out on the fun hair color! But I'm glad ur taking care of yourself love ya kiddo ❤️❤️ can't wait for you to be on tour with us

View 2 replies

drunkenwatercolors - oshshaba dad Vic is so wholesome I cant

Florienity.Fading - love ya too dad ❤️

ptvjaime - you should dye ur hair a different color again and it should be blue and u should let me do it

View 1 replies

Florienity.Fading - I would but I can't rn cause of dance

Gerards.left.nipple - wait y'all imagine florienity with blue hair 👀 she'd be a whole snak
View 3 replies

Mickey.muse - uhh isn't she like 14?

Gerard's.left.nipple - yeah? But I'm also 14?

Mickey.muse - oh ok

bradyfarrar - imma miss my twin 😞
view 3 replies

florienity.fading - aww I'll miss u 2 brads

frady5ever - I ship itttt

Collins.Avery - oh not this again

————INSTA————-

A/n : I know in previous chapters I've said Florienty was 15 but I've decided to change her age to 14 so she's closer to the rest of the team's ages while still being the oldest.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

64.3K 3.4K 37
// BOOK TWO // *CONTAINS SPOILERS* It's been a week since I found Demi after she relapsed and started drinking again. She won't talk about it with me...
29K 750 30
She has PTSD. He has epilepsy. He's on the football team and she's in choir. She's introverted and shy. He's extroverted and popular. He's determined...
2.8K 113 31
*JUST PRETEND THE PTV GUYS ARE 21 OR 22 PLEASE* -I wrote this when I was 12 okay- Scarlett Johnson had no idea 'falling' for s...
63K 1.1K 60
[I know a lot of people have done these, I'm not copying, I just wanted to do one myself] NOTE BEFORE YOU READ THIS STORY: This story surrounds some...