Second Life

By spiriteliminator

Ever wondered if there is a heaven? Where does one go once the soul leaves? After a period of time does the s... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Extra Surprises
Extended Scene 1
Extended scene 2

Chapter 19

12 4 0
By spiriteliminator

"I understand your reasons though," 

Randolph dragged Max to the side of the hallway which was bustling with reapers trying to put in place defences to prevent the invasion. 

"Theo could have all the other pieces. It's best he has the last piece he could save the memories. If Theo is the one he could have saved each memory into his subconscious untainted," 

Max didn't know whether to believe what Randolph was saying at all. 

"Randolph you seemed to be more confident in Theo now, it would speed up the situation best he did have this end piece now," 

Max reluctantly handed the red piece to his soul mate, Randolph took the piece and held it a little before placing it away safely. 

"Make sure he gets it, Randolph take care," Maxence wished his soul mate good luck Randolph soon teleport away.

Below them the rivers had begun to drain away; many boats that occupied it with its souls were being sucked into the void allowing a surge of demons and darkness seep up through the ground. The great darkness started to consume the cities and the sky became blackened as the demons started to pour into their world.. Theo and Alice along with the other contenders were now at the final location and the fight to get the heart was on. In front of them was the Eiffel tower, the final spot at the top somewhere the golden heart awaited to be claimed. 

"What is happening?" 

Theo looked up at the darkening swirling sky Alice noticed though they were now not far from claiming the final item. 

"Theo I need you to get that heart I'll deal with everyone else" Alice said which left Theo a little shocked until now they hadn't even used their weapons now they were at the end of the journey the stakes were high. The other contenders were realising they all now in one place they started to make a beeline to the top of the structure. 

"Wait Alice what are you going to do?" Theo's voice rattled as he watched her arm herself.

She had taken the reactor out of the car and was now arming the compact weapon they were given. It soon transformed into a double-ended blade 

"Theo get moving," 

She barked at him as Theo started to make a run towards one of the lifts though he was met with the other contenders who were fighting now.

"They're all becoming quite defensive," 

Theo panics as he is stopped in his tracks he had no choice though unarmed he was met with the swinging blade of one of the other souls. Theo's eyes widened though he had to back up he had no time to arm himself though Alice soon came in from behind and started fighting back the other contender Theo scurried away though he already noticed what was happening here clearly one half the team was going up the other half were fending off everyone else. Theo had to make a run for it.

He couldn't believe this though he had no choice he had to arm himself 

"Theo hurry up get up there,"

 Alice cried as she managed to inflict a blow the soul was soon gone. She then pounced on the next one with such vicious malice Theo saw his chances he had to time it lucky there were more than two lifts on this structure. Most of the contenders all seemed to race to one out of the two lifts. This was Theo's chance to get the head start so he made a dash to the other elevator that soon caught some of the attention of the other contenders.

Theo ran into the empty elevator and saw the swarm of others heading in his direction; he quickly slammed the button hard and the doors were closing. He was panicking he fumbled to get into his backpack which he had to take off his back the doors soon slammed shut the crashing of blades against the exterior scared him he cowardly into the corner of the lift which started to crank itself away from the ground. 

Theo peered through the glass windows as the other contenders were now opting to find a way to get up faster. Some clearly rushed back to the other lift and piled in others were caught in the fight. Theo realised he abandoned Alice by herself though he had the anxious wait to get to the top of the structure. In that time he decided to turn his attention to the scarf pieces in his bag; he took one piece out; and noticed the other pieces had knitted together; it was then he noticed it was complete and the tail end seemed to have appeared.

Theo held the complete scarf in awe and then felt a sudden pull, whenever he touched each piece before he saw quick glimpses of what was hidden within. He saw Randolph and Maxence's entire life path; everything was now all melded together. He wondered how the end piece came to be now he was seeing things that expected. 

Theo sat there on the elevator floor aware of the chaos outside more so what was going to be awaiting him at the top. One moment sprung out at him the second time he met Dr Fèvre. Theo held onto those moments, they meant something to him. With their aunt forgetting about them and his sister struggling to get by day by day if they never met Dr Fèvre they may be in the worst situation. For now, Theo focused upon a particular memory that had eventually surfaced into his mind where it was just himself and the doctor.

"I wonder if I'll find out how my father died. I see his spirit I know he is watching over me unable to tell me anything," 

Theo said he tried to keep himself from weeping as Max wrote the information down and listened. Theo watched the doctor solemnly, it was then Max put the pen down 

"I'm sorry you're unable to get answers. Is it ok I can check your breathing and heart first," Max proceeded to start with the heart and respiratory.

He grabbed the stethoscope and Theo looked at it 

"It's ok I'm just going to need you to lift your shirt a little I'll listen to your heart. I just you breathe in out ok," 

Max smiled as Theo complied there was no reason to be reluctant at all. Theo breathed in and out as Max asked him to and he couldn't even remember the last time he even saw a doctor at all.

Max watched Theo's face. He couldn't help but somewhat feel a connection, he wasn't sure at first though he continued with his check-up. 

"At least your breathing and heart sound fine which is good. I'll check your ears and throat,"

 Max placed the stethoscope down on a mat he laid out on the table top.

"That's good I guess I often wonder if I'll ever experience love" Theo looked into the doctor's eyes, Maxence wrote down into Theodore's medical folder. He looked sideways and caught Theo blue eyes seeking an answer.

"Theo you will. You have your sister who loves you, your aunt and your uncle Randolph,"

Theo looked at Alice he caught a glance of and she looked sadly back at him.

"I don't mean that sort of love. I want a soulmate, someone who will love me for who I am," 

Max grabbed his otoscope and stood up from his seat to get close to Theo. This topic was bringing up Maxence's feelings about Randolph; he never spoke of his relations to anyone at all.

"I know what you mean Theodore trust me, you will capture the eye of someone I'm just going to check your ear canals if you can tilt your head," 

Theo did as Max placed the otoscope in the ear hole and looked in

"I never really thought much about what I'm drawn to. I'll say this if I may be quite a handsome man, Doctor Fèvre," 

Max paused and shifted in his stance and looked at Theo who looked at him with his blue eyes. 

"Thank you for noticing that, I don't get many compliments these days," Max felt a little flustered noticing Theo smiling at him making him smile. 

"Really I loved to be told that by someone else," little laugh escaped Theo as he tilted his head so the doctor checked the other ear.

"Well your ears aren't too bad either, I'll check your throat next," 

Max went back to his seat Theo had cheered up almost swearing the albino kind of flirting and not being aware of it. He couldn't bear seeing another patient who is depressed. Max had reached for his tongue depressor and already facing Theo with it 

"Open up and say Ahhhh," 

Max proceeded to inspect Theo's throat he knew Theo clearly wasn't going to stop talking which he didn't mind though, he removed the tongue depressor and add to his notepad. Theo was feeling a warmth pool inside of him, the doctor moved a little close which caught Max off guard and leaned closer. Theo stared into Max's green eyes with such longing which Max could see. He couldn't afford to overstep the line here, as much he wants to comfort Theo that wasn't part of his job.

"I never really seen an Albino before, very rare humans with interesting genetics," 

Max looked over to see Alice lurking about and he gave her a smile she somewhat smiled a little back. Theo noticed it and he smiled too. He was grateful to find a place at least someone willing to allow him to stay with them when clearly they are struggling themselves. Theo noticed the ring that the doctor was wearing he brought his hand over to touch his for a moment.

Max looked at Theo who stared at the ring 

"This ring, my father used to have one like this. Claddagh ring Irish wedding band. If worn certain ways it signifies if you're engaged or married. It also has other meanings attached to it,"

 Alice listened attentively she never really took much notice of the doctors' ring before. Max looked at the ring, it was a gift he was given and never considered it more than an ordinary ring. Nor the way he wore it, made him realise there was meaning to this ring that the giver was expressed without the use of words.

"It's a lovely piece. I see you are wearing it on your right-hand heart pointing inwards means you're in a relationship," 

Theo admires it, his eyes soon gazing into the doctors who were quite taken back by the knowledge.

"Theo I think we best end this check-up, it was lovely meeting you," Maxence remembered the moment he received it and touched him deep down

"I guess isn't right for me to pray. I do feel blessed I don't know how to pay for this check-up though," 

Theo went into logical thought again, lucky he stopped talking about love. Max sighed and leaned back in his chair and looked at Theo 

"It's fine Theo, Alice will take care of that," 

Theo felt a wave of relief hit him though Alice had decided to venture into the room.

"Honestly Doctor Fèvre...here you go it's probably not what you usually expect," 

Alice had a small pile of notes in her hand she already took out of her purse. Max knew Alice was barely getting by with whatever money her family was giving her. 

"Alice, keep it, I know your situation, you take care of Theo. I hope you keep taking your medication. Is it making you feel any different?" 

Theo looked at Alice whose face seemed to fall into a sorrowful look Max knew and Theo looked down at the table. Max stood up from his chair and went over to Alice 

"If you need me again just call," Max looked at Theo before he headed towards the front door.

Alice stood there realising the doctor had left without exchanging money. Theo got up from the table and went over to her 

"Did you want a hug?" 

Theo wondered if Alice would be in need of one he hadn't really hugged much himself though Alice had been ok with the closeness Alice nodded and Theo held her she clung to him and tears started to flow again Theo held tightly.

The sea of demons had descended upon the city and souls were running, Mandy realised Alice was now at the end location and already had inserted her demonic energy into them. She was determined to get that heart in the end for her master to have complete power.

"We must focus on the main fortress and start trying to eliminate the reapers there," 

Mandy said to Warren as they and a small army of demons had ascended upon the large structure that loomed over the land. Within the fortress, the white reapers had to abandon the hunt and were now prepared for the incoming invasion. With their life source being compromised the darkness was battling the light and their grandmaster struggling to put up a fight with his brother.

Maxence was amongst the army of reapers who were on guard, Max worried about the grandmaster though he must try and keep an eye out for Mandy and Warren. He planned to face off against them, though he hoped Randolph would get to Theo fast, with the main power source influx it was going to clearly affect all the stations that were scattered about that distributed the energy to the souls below.

The cranking of the gears and the anticipation was looming on Theo he was nearing the end of his trip, the scarf he held he quickly absorbed everything he could from it though it was towards the cut off end he saw something he didn't expect to see. Though the flash was brief he saw the guy whom he assumed was Randolph and Alice he watched and noticed something else, it was followed next and made him have a sudden realisation of what was to come. The visions of the future had made Theo realise what he had to do, he had a purpose that he must proceed forward upon this set prophetic path.

The elevator shuttered to a halt because he stuffed the scarf back into the bag and rose to his feet which were shaking. He couldn't avoid the inevitable he dug into his bag with his hand and grabbed the compact weapon and placed the reactor into it. He put on a brave face and soon the doors opened, it was quite windy and he weary looked around before he crept out onto the platform. Theo looked about he had the tracker still inside his bag which he was hearing the little beeps though he couldn't risk taking it out he needed to be alert, The sudden clang noises echoed Theo knew what that meant. The others had gotten here Theo felt on edge the doors were going to open though what he saw he never thought he expected to see.

Alice was standing there with no sign of the other contenders though something was not right here. 

"Alice....you...where is everyone else," 

Theo's voice quivered though he noticed Alice's eyes were gleaming. There was a shroud of darkness emulating her that made Theo back up the beeping was louder. Alice loomed out of the elevator 

"Theo retrieved the heart....now," 

Alice's voice was contorted into some evil demonic tone which made Theo realise the worst thing has occurred. Theo stumbled a little with his weapon on him though he wasn't prepared to consider facing off against the only friend he ever had.

 "Alice...what is wrong with you?" 

Theo stared at them with the contempt he couldn't comprehend what was happening. 

"Theo get the heart now," 

Alice bellowed as a direct order Theo reluctantly looked around and saw the amulet they were looking for was tucked away behind one of the beams that constructed the peak of the tower.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 68 2
**This is a BoyxBoy story so if you don't like that then don't read it. You've been warned!** His name originally was Theodore Hank Wolfe. But this n...
241 21 13
Heaven is for the saints and Hell is for the sinners. Simple as that right? Not. Even. Close. Sometimes, people do the wrong things for the right rea...
124K 4.6K 49
Clay and George got married and life seemed to be back to perfect. They were married, happy and healthy. Though, everything changes when George has t...
26 0 26
Theodore's asthma has developed into lung cancer. His body too fragile for any procedure, he passes. But in the afterlife, he has a dream. A dream wh...