Divergent High

By divergent_pansycakes

Beatrice Prior or Tris, the new girl at school. Tobias Eaton or Four, the popular one. Tris the one who gets... More

The Begining of it All
First Day
Mile
Four Finds Out
Caleb Is Nice?
Mom? Dad?
Party!
Truth or Dare?
Marcus
Ambulances and Who? Colby?
Hospitals
She's Delerious
Crying
It's Too Hard
Side-Effects
So Much Sleeping
Bad Dreams
Windows
Peter......
Cake
Tris and Four Questions
Parents
Brothers
Hang Out
Eric
Pool Day
Shocked
School Days
Trial
Chores
Falling
Party Games
Sleepovers
Strangling
Cleaning
Concussions
Tori
Jail
Dreams
Fear Simulation
He Wants Answers
Chocolate Faces
Vacations
Maui
Fights
Ice Cream
The Show
Death
Tears
The Interwiew
Beach Day
The Broadcast
Christmas
Turbulence
Airports
Home Sweet Home
Texts
Volleyball
Doctors
Sneaking In
School Yard Fights
Explanations
The Park
Phone Calls
Hospital Escapes
Miami
Florida
Dr. Cruz
Dr. Keeler
'Midnight' Adventures
Boogie-Boarding
Abducted
Testing
Weaknesses
Private Jets
Apologies and Thank-You's
Important
Sickness

Traitors

3.5K 127 54
By divergent_pansycakes

CHAPTER 39

TRIS POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Tobias left the room, I felt instantaneously horrible. I know he wouldn't ever trust Marcus, but I can totally picture him sacrificing himself.

Is it just me?

Mom had coaxed me to calm down and Tori had gone to the bathroom to get a wet washcloth and mom had gone to help her.

I don't understand what is so difficult about getting a washcloth, but whatever.

"Hey Beatrice." Caleb walks into the room again smiling at me.

"It's just Tris." I say.

"Yeah. I forgot." Caleb mutters.

"Is something wrong?" I ask suspiciously.

"No! Why?" Caleb asks jumping.

"No reason..." I say slowly.

"You look tired. Why don't you sleep." Caleb suggests hurriedly.

"No, I just slept." I whine.

"At least close your eyes."

Now, this is getting weird.

"Caleb, I am not sleeping! I am not shutting my eyes! You are seriously scaring me!" I say annoyed.

"Well, then, I'm sorry Tris."

"What? Caleb what are you talking about!" I yell.

All of a sudden, I feel a slight pinch in my arm and then I drift off into nothingness.

TOBIAS POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Recap~~~~~~
And what I see surprises me....
Caleb is standing over Tris and all of a sudden, he shoves a needle into her arm.

I watch speechless, as her eyes immediately close and her body relaxes.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST DO!" I scream at Caleb beginning to run full speed at him.

Caleb stands there not saying a word, just staring at me.

I am about to reach him when someone's arms wrap around my torso and pull me back with incredible strength.

"STOP IT! FOUR STOP IT!" Tori yells loudly at me.

"What is going on!" Mom shrieks running into the room.

"He did it. He did it!" I growl loudly at Caleb.

"Tobias calm down. Calm down. Sit right now or you are leaving this room." Mom tells me sternly.

I plop down on the chair at the far side of the room and mom sighs.

"Caleb... What did you do exactly." Mom says worry beginning to fill her eyes when she sees Tris just laying there with her eyes closed.

"I..... I......-" I cut him off.

"He injected her with something and then she like went unconscious!" I scream running my hand through my hair.

"Caleb what did you inject her with!" Tori yells.

"I don't know! Jeneane told me that if I did it that I would get to go to which ever school I wanted to for college. She told me it was safe! I promise! I thought it would help her back!" Caleb says sinking to his knees.

"You trusted JENEANE! What is wrong with you! She is the most evil person like in the whole world!" I scream.

"I thought--" Caleb gets cut off by sudden movements by Tris.

We all stay silent and crowd around her.

Her feet are beginning to twitch and her head jerks back and forth, back and forth and her breathing is beginning to increase.

"Caleb!" Mom shouts.

"Oh my gosh." Tori says putting her hands over her mouth.

"What!" I ask loudly.

"I think I know what this is." Tori whispers.

"What!" Mom yells.

"The fear simulation. It calculates your worst fears and combines them. You can't escape them until you have slowed your heart rate or defeated the obstacle. Most people have ten to twenty. This is bad. She is already broken and now she will be scarred for life! Thanks to you!" Tori screams at Caleb.

This is truly the first time I have seen Tori get so worked up.

"I am going to plummet your face so hard--" I get cut off by Tris beginning to whimper.

Her face shows an incredible amount of fear. It was more terror, really. If I could trade places with her right now, I would in an instant.

"You hurt your sister, so you could get into college. Do you not see what is wrong with that?" I yell at Caleb.

"I thought it would help." Caleb mutters looking sorry for himself.

"That is a ridiculous lie! I think it's time for you to leave!" I yell pointing toward the door.

Caleb still stands there, not doing anything until mom nods.

"Caleb leave. Now."

Caleb slowly walks out his head down. I bet he is sorry for not helping Jeneane more. He is a complete idiot.

Tris's screams cut into my thoughts and I go to grab her hand, but Tori stops me.

"Don't touch her. It contributes into the sim. Bad things can happen then." Tori says.

I groan and put my head in my hands. This is terrible.

I watch as Tris's facial expressions and it is as if every minute that goes by, it gets worse.

Finally, after what feels like hours, Tris shoots up gasping for air.

I quickly put my hand on her shoulder, trying to comfort her, but she flinches.

She flinched. Flinched. She thought I was going to hit her.

"Tris." I whisper.

Tears begin to stream down her cheeks and she shakes her head furiously.

Mom and Tori quickly tell her soothing sayings and blah, blah, blah. I am just too worried to hear what they have to say. Tris didn't want to talk to me! Normally she would talk to me first!

What could have possibly been in her fear simulation!

Mom makes Tris lie back down and Tori places that damp washcloth on her forehead.

"Close your eyes. We'll be right in the next room." Tris nods and watches them leave the room.

"Hey, do you want me to stay?" I whisper.

"Tobias I-- I-" Tris breaks out into more sobs and I gather her in my arms.

"I thought I could trust him. He was family. Family doesn't do that to each other. I thought he was on my side." Tris cries into my shirt.

"I know. I couldn't believe it. He was just being selfish. Shhhhh.... Hey, look at me. What you just went through... It doesn't matter anymore. It's done now and you know what? We all honor you more because you are so brave to deal with this and every other thing that you have been presented with. You are a true hero." I say and lie down still holding on to her.

She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. Her hand enters mine and I smile.

Her breaths begin to slow and I touch my lips to her forehead. I will never betray her like her brother did. I will stay by her side no matter what.

Slowly, I also find myself drifting off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awake to the sun shining in my eyes. Tris is still sleeping, her head burrowed against me.

I glance at the clock 1:32 PM. How long have we been sleeping? The last time I checked it was still really dark outside. I move slightly to reach my phone, which makes Tris begin to groan.

Her eyes flutter open and she looks around the room confused.

"Hey." I say softly.

"Hi," she replies by looking at me.

Something's not right. She's acting weird.... different around me.

"Hey, you alright?" I ask concerned.

"Yeah, why?" She says fast.

"No reason." I mutter.

I watch as Tris plays with her hands and all of a sudden, I hear a humongous grumble from her stomach.

"When's the last time you had something to eat?" I ask gently.

"I don't know," she sighs. "Two days at the least."

"You haven't eaten in two days!" I yell.

Tris flinches.

"I've been busy." She whispers.

"Okay. Okay, let's get some food. Now." I say.

Tris nods and begins to sit up.

"Do you want to come downstairs or stay in bed?" I ask.

"Come." She answer firmly.

I quickly help her up and support more then half of her body weight.

I glance into the master bedroom as we pass and see mom and Tori passed out on different sides of the bed.

I slowly walk downstairs with Tris and we finally get into the kitchen. I quickly help her up onto one of the high stools so she can relax.

"Thank you, Tobias." She whispers.

"Anytime." I smile warmly back at her and quickly make her a huge plate of scramble eggs.

She slowly eats them, moving them around with her fork more, but at least she did eat some.

I guess we woke dad up, because he crutches in and embraces Tris in a small hug.

A few minutes later he goes to the bathroom and Tris is still avoiding my eye contact.

Why!

"Why aren't you eating." I say more like a demand then a question.

"I'm not hungry." She answers, but her stomach once again begins to growl.

"Your stomach seems to disagree." I say.

"I don't want to eat right now." She says and stumbles off the stool and moves to the couch.

Why is she avoiding me?

HOW WAS THAT!

AS ALWAYS VOTE COMMENT, AND BE AWESOME!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 240 19
tris and tobias try and get the daughter through initiation. Tobias tries to be a protect her through initiation. And what happens to there child af...
152K 2.7K 26
Tris is the new girl and Four is the schools bad boy. He's probably slept with every girl at Divergent High, she's a virgin good-girl. She's never be...
215K 5.2K 28
Tris moves from a normal school in Chicago to Divergent High. A school divided into five sectors.....factions. She will meet friends, teachers and en...
88.7K 2K 36
In my twist of Divergent High Tris is the new girl at school. When she runs into some people she will meet the best people that have ever been in her...