WHEN IT RAINS...

Par I_luv_book_s

Divya and Siddharth, two young people coming from different social backgrounds fell in love with each other d... Plus

Part 1
Part 2
Part - 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16

Part 9

53 5 0
Par I_luv_book_s

December 2011

It was past 8 in the evening. Everyone had left the office early dumbing their unfinished works to the hardworking intern in the office. Divya was helpless. It was Christmas Eve and she was sitting Infront of the computer instead of going to a Christmas party. She felt a slight headache forming, which she knew, would turn into a sharp migraine if she didn't stop working. Within 10 minutes Divya wrapped up her works and exited the office. Her apartment was just 5 mins walk from her office. That was when she checked her phone to find a lot of missed calls from her favorite person. Within no time Divya called back, expecting a shout.

Where the hell are you Divya...?

Siddharth screamed from the other end as soon as he picked up the call.I'm so sorry Siddharth, I was in the office and I just reached the flat now and my phone was silent...

Divya quickly entered the lift while talking. When the lift opened on her floor, Divya surprised to see Siddharth who was standing in front of her home with an angry face.

Omg... Siddharth are you really here...!!

Divya ran to Siddharth and gave him a tight hug. Siddharth pulled her away and glared at her.

I'm really sorry Siddharth... Everyone in the office left early today...and I'd to finish their reports...

Divya said making a sorry face which melted Siddharth. He moved closer to her and pulled her in an embrace.

Divya.. you don't know how much I was worried... I'd been in trying to call you for the past one hour. I thought you'd be at home but when I reached here, it's closed... I didn't even know any of your colleagues to ask about you... You really scared me Divya... Don't do that again...

No, I won't... I'm really very sorry...

Divya mumbled against his chest.

Will you invite me inside or should we stand here itself...

Siddharth asked without breaking the hug. Divya parted herself from him and opened the door.

You didn't tell me, that you're coming today?

It was not the first time Siddharth visiting her... It was a surprise visit he planned last night.

Yeah, it was supposed to be a surprise...

Siddharth said settling himself on the couch, pulling Divya into his lap. Divya touched her forehead with him while her hands encircled around his neck. They remained like that forever.

I really missed this... Divya said.

Me too...that's why I planned this sudden visit... I can't stay away from you Divya...

Siddharth said, nuzzling into her neck, placing soft kisses there.

You had stayed away from me for years...any comments on that?

Divya whispered in his ears.

I was an idiot back then... Siddharth said looking at her face and chuckled.

Aren't you hungry?  Divya asked.

Yes, I'm... but don't worry I already ordered the food... I know you must be really tired to go out for a dinner.

You know what... you're the best...  Divya said kissing him on his cheeks.

***************************************8

May 2012

Divya had an emotional day as she was leaving the college. Everything happened quickly. The internship, thesis, exams... and the five years of her architecture degree came to an end today. She spent the whole day with friends and enjoyed every bit of it. After bidding bye to everyone, she walked out of her college with a moist in her eyes. Divya saw Siddharth was waiting for her near the gate.

Finally...  He smiled.

Yeah... Finally... Divya said... hugging him sideways.

Let's go?

Siddharth asked, patting her back. Divya nodded and climbed on the bike.Siddharth stopped at their favorite restaurant and ordered their favorite dishes.

Divya... Have you thought of anything? I mean what's next?

Siddharth asked nervously.

No... 

Divya said, looking everywhere but him. She didn't know what to do next. If someone asked her this question two years ago, then she would be happily replying:I'll work for 2 years in a different city and go for masters after that.

But now working in a different city without Siddharth scared her like hell. They'd been through this when she was in Jaipur. It was so hard and emotional which both of them didn't want to face it again.

I don't know what to do Siddharth... I can't go home and simply sit there. I want to work in a different atmosphere, a different city...and different exposure...but I want to be with you at the same time...

Divya said in a defeated tone while Siddharth waited for her to finish.... 

I've never thought our careers and life will come into each other's way just like this...I don't know how to sort it out Siddharth...

Divya pressed her fingers on her head and sighed.

I know it's hard to make a decision Divya... But I think we shouldn't make a decision which we'll regret later. To be honest, if I were you in your place, I would have gone after my career. That doesn't mean I don't love you. It's because, someday when we get married, love won't be enough for us to survive. I would want to give you the same lifestyle you had before though I know you don't care about all those things... But it's for my own satisfaction. So if I get a better opportunity for my career I would take it now. But once I think I'm settled in a right place, my choice would be different... Right now we are building our careers Divya...Be practical... Don't take any decision emotionally... Divya I want you to know no matter what at the end of the day we'll be together...

Siddharth took her hands in his assuring his words as a promise. A wide smile formed on Divya's lips hearing Siddharth's quite long speech. In fact, she was amused by him. She thought Siddharth would ask her to try for the jobs in Bangalore itself. Even she was having thoughts about that. When she was in Jaipur, Siddharth was the one who was deeply affected. He used to visit her whenever possible. But he knew her dreams. He understood them and respected them.

Thank you for clearing my mind...So long-distance again?

Divya looked at him sadly.

It is then... Chase your dreams, Ms. Divya Menon...

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

245K 21.9K 68
𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗙𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗻 𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗬𝗼𝘂 A girl who ran away from marriage, got tied in a forced marriage with a stranger Two per...
134K 7.9K 60
Divya Sharma, A sweet silent and a calm girl fighting with her own fears from her past. Her small family with her loving parents and a protective bro...
35K 3.2K 30
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ "I saw this girl at the age of 13...
1.5M 65.6K 66
Book 1- Our journey from engagement to marriage Book 2- The journey of Love Siddharth and Preeti complete their journey from engagement to marriage...