THE MAFIA'S LAWYER |βœ”οΈ

By Alhexandria22

COMPLETE!!! Karmale leads a life of her own convinience. No commands. Away from family and close to a few fri... More

Author's Note!
β˜†1β˜† A bad headache...
β˜†2β˜† Bitchy Boss & lovely best friends
β˜† 3β˜† blackmail, defiance & taming
β˜†4β˜† grandma Miley
β˜†5β˜† force+defiance
β˜†6β˜† Black Blood Pool
β˜†7β˜† success & goodbyes
β˜†8β˜† Bears
β˜†9β˜† winter holidays
β˜†10β˜† #philophobia
β˜†11β˜† Food fights
β˜†12β˜† Christmas kisses
β˜†14β˜† New Years
β˜†15β˜† Advice and Court Sessions
β˜†17β˜† Street Racers & Demons
β˜†17β˜† Daddy in The protective role #baby
β˜†18β˜† glass not milk
β˜†19β˜† friends,protection & trust building
β˜†20β˜† The forehead kiss
β˜†21β˜† Ryxel's other family
β˜†22β˜† Oppressed
β˜†23β˜† A compromise
β˜†24β˜† A visitor for the bored lass at home
β˜†25β˜† Work again
β˜†26β˜† late returns...
β˜†27β˜† Family is never toxic
β˜†28β˜† A little help wouldn't...
β˜†29β˜† Kitten
β˜†30β˜† Trouble with the names!
β˜†31β˜† new keepers, foods and languages
β˜†32β˜† secretive best friends
β˜†33β˜† vanilla
β˜†34β˜†birthday & reunion celebrations
β˜†35β˜† Vixen- Devil
β˜†36β˜†Back home
β˜†37β˜† Flatter me till I shutter!
β˜†38β˜† safe place
β˜†39β˜† Who was she?
β˜†40β˜† Treacherous bitch
β˜†41β˜† drunk buddies (The Mafia's Lawyer)
β˜†42β˜† a dirty game of touching #philophobia
β˜†43β˜† bad at love
β˜†44β˜† unavailable
β˜†45β˜† Liam and Karmale!
β˜†46β˜† the devil doesn't want you!
β˜†47β˜† the agreement against betrayal
β˜†48β˜† Blinding lights~ final chapter!

β˜†13β˜† family dinner; detested guest

1.4K 42 4
By Alhexandria22

The morning was a wintry one. The grass was covered in a blanket of white cushions. A bunch of toddlers played about; making snow men. It was snowing outside. Their cheerful noises awoke Karmale from the arms of Morpheus. For over half an hour, she lay in bed; her hands glued to her milky sheets and red duvet. As if a school child on a chilly Monday morning; She was finding it more than difficult to get out of bed. Funny enough, she was wide awake.

Keeping an idle mind can be regretfully tempting. Her thoughts ran straight to the obvious. Ryxel. His intoxicating body scent... As if to perturb her, faint scents of coffee started to penetrate her nostrils. At the pit of her tummy, known noises were made. She was hungry. This prompted her to get out of bed.

Scarcely had opened her blanket when an energy filled body jumped onto her.

"Aaaaaaah!" She screamed in both shock and fear.

A very thrilled and energetic Michelle sat on top of her, laughing mindlessly and throwing punches her way which she managed to guard her face against.

"Miiiiiiicheeeeeelllleee!"

"Karmale it's boxing Day and I am doing as the day suggests."

"Are you bizarre? I am not a punching bag."

"I don't care. I am just respecting the customs of our ancestors."

"Oh-ohkay. I guess I will do the same as well."

Karmale started tickling Michelle who fell lifelessly from her body to her side. She then stood up and wobbled to her night stand and picked up the mug of coffee and sipped on it. Her facial changed to a disgusted one. Without farther askew, she spat it out.

"What the hell did you mix in this?" She ignorantly inquired of Michelle.

"Next time don't take what's not yours." Giggled Michelle.

"Just make sure that you you don't touch my toast and scrambled eggs." Warned Karma as she strode to the kitchen.

"I am gonna make you coffee,K. Please make me some breakfast as well." Pleaded Michelle as she trailed after her sibling.

*********†**************___________________________

Later that evening...

"K, get out of the bathroom. We are getting late."

2 hours later...

"K, you are now worrying me. Please get out."

Michelle after pleading with her sister to get out of the bathroom for ages, sits down next to the bathroom door and starts crying silently.

After thirty minutes...

Knock. Knock.

Michelle runs to the door and to her relief, it is her saviour.

"What's wrong sunshine? And where is Karmale? Isn't she ready yet?"

Ryxel asked.

"She is in the washroom. She refuses to open no matter what I say." Sobbed Michelle.

"Wait here sunshine as I go talk to her."

Michelle nodded in approval and Ryxel briskly walked away into Karma's bedroom.

"Caramel?" He called and knocked twice on her shower room door and it opened. She actually turned the knob and opened.

"What's wrong baby girl?"

"I don't wanna go. I don't wanna go." Karmale protested.

"No force. No pressure. I swear. Relax. Relax, Caramel."

At Ryxel's words. She broke down. And to his chest, she went flying.

A knock was heard at the door. Karmale flinched out of Ryxel's hold. Cleaned her tears...

"Come in Michelle." called Karmale.

In came the blonde lass. Karmale spread out her arms and in two steps, Michelle was enveloped in her passionate embrace.

"I am sorry, honey."

"So-- can I pick your outfit?"Michelle excitedly asked but as if still unsure.

Karmale looked up at Ryxel as if asking for his consent. He warmly smiled at her and then she looked back down at Michelle with a confirmatory smile.

" Yes. Sure."

"It only took him two seconds as I tried for two and a half hours." Michelle nudged as Ryxel moved out to give them privacy.

I guess he got the last bit or maybe the whole statement 'cause he hummed and obviously smirked.

A slight blush wore over Karmale's face.

****************************______________________________

It was only a three hour drive and the three parties were down at The Kanes' residence.

Karmale let out a sigh she didn't even know she was holding back as Michelle dashed out of the car from the back seat. Ryxel squeezed her hand in reassurance.

"Maaah-mmmie!" Michelle screamed.

"Is Hale with you?" asked an overweight woman hugging the toddler.

"mama." exhaled Karmale still sitted in the car with Ryxel.

The overweight woman came out of the two floor flat hand in hand with Michelle.

Karmale Hale moved out of the car only to be met with expectant eyes.

"Hale? " called her mother. Her voice so tender and welcoming.

"Come here my dear." she pleadingly beckoned.

Karmale Hale Kane stood stuck to her point, her head held high and her shoulders square.

"Come. Please come." she stretched her hands for a hug from her second born daughter. A tear dropped down her plump face.

Karmale out of instinct started to stamp her stiletto heel and started to bite down on her lip. She was fighting back the urge to cry. She felt a warm hand entwine in hers. And then she relaxed. She did not pour a tear.

"Hello, m-mother."

"Hearing you call me that elates me sweetie." Hale's mother said and lovingly embraced her daughter.

"Who is the gentleman?" She whispered in her daughter's ear.

"Ryxel Grande Black." A male voice came from behind Karmale.

Does this guy love his name that much that he cannot wait to be introduced or??

He let out his hand for a handshake and the tattoos on it were visible. Mrs. Kane first hesitated then shook his hand as if just to please her daughter but the resentment and detest for her guest could not be hidden at all. It was all over her face. She was the type that never concealed feelings. Never.

"Please do come in." She urshered her guests inside.

"Where is papa?" Asked Karma.

"Turn around and your biggest night mare will come true." Said a calm voice full of liveliness and humour.

"Father, if you are the nightmare then I can stay asleep forever." Karmale hugged her father.

When she pulled out of the hug, he gave her a questioning look that was directed towards Ryxel.

'"He is Ryxel Grande Black. He is my best friend." Said Michelle with unhidden excitement.

"So you ditched me for someone else." Joked Mr. Kane.

"No. Of course not. It's just that... Um.. Ryxel...um.. I am his sunshine... That's all." Defended Michelle.

"It's good to know that my little angel lights up someone's world."

Ryxel and Mr. Kane exchanged handshakes and he clearly approved of his presence because there were no bitter emotions attached to his face like that of his wife was.

"Where is everyone else? Don't they know that they are supposed to be here and receive us?" Complained Michelle.

"Good question." Agreed Hale.

"Let's move to the living room and we'll see what comes next." Said the head of the family.

Everyone moved to the spacious living room that consisted of multiple tawny brown sofas and a medium sized glass table in the middle. On the wall was a Samsung flat television screen.

Ryxel and his new best friend were sitted at a corner playing rock,paper and scissors.

Karmale sat with her father and they talked like old times. Mrs. Kane did not find her presence necessary so she excused herself and headed to the kitchen.

Later on...

At the dining table

"Feel free to dig in." Said Karmale's father to both his daughter and her guest.

They sat at an oddly oval shaped big wooden table with numerous foods placed before them. All Karma's siblings were in place except...

"Papa. Where is Marie?"

"Sweetie, she had to go see a sick friend today." Replied her mother.

Hale listened attentively but did not dare look at her mother.

"Didn't anyone inform her that I was coming?" She asked again.

"It's not an interrogation. So just eat. Don't mind her." Sternly stated her mother.

Karmale swallowed hard on the salad she had just put in her mouth. It felt like she was putting bitter pills down her gut. As if she was eating at gun point. The food did not please her taste buds everything felt plain. Home food is often the best but not for Hale I guess.

(Phone rings)

Phone rings again

Everyone looks around and the sound comes from Ryxel's chest pocket.

Without demur, he pulls it out. At the sight of the caller ID, his facial turns expressionless.

"This very floor(lower floor). The last room down the hall." Hale whispered in his ear.

"Excuse me." He stood up; straightening his ash grey suit piece and moved per Caramel's directions.

" What is it, Leo?." Ryxel swung the door of the room open and walked in.

A well made bed with pink silk sheets welcomed him. The room was filled with feminine scent. Just the familiar one. Vanilla. Caramel's vanilla scent.

"Boss, we..." Leo narrated.

"Fuck! Fuck!" He cursed as he clenched his palms into a fist.

In two strides, he was at her dressing table. A small table with a rectangular mirror attached to it. He fought the temptation to inhale her scent but what could he do? He took it in and felt his nerves relax with ease. His fist loosened into a flat palm.

Unfortunately, Leo, on the other side, do not stop giving account of what had transpired.

"Fucking shut up, Leo. I don't want to-" he growled in absolute anger looking down at Caramel's hair band.

For a while, the line went silent on both sides. Leo had kept quiet like he had been commanded to. Ryxel was also quiet, massaging his forehead in frustration.

"Leo?" He angrily called.

"Waiting for your order, Boss."

The fear and unflattered respect from Leo's voice drew a smirk on Ryxel's reflection in the mirror. A very diabolic smirk that was told of what his next words could be.

"Shoot to kill." He said; his eyes down; his one hand toying with Caramel's hair band and the other holding his phone to his ear.

After he had delivered his final command, he hang up.

Looking up, in the mirror, was a fading reflection. Someone had been eavesdropping on his conversation. Too late the person had left. He had not seen who it had been.

His devilish smirk dropped to an expressionless face and he cursed out loud in the empty air of the bedroom.

The dining room was filled with overwhelming conversation as the residents laughed care-freely. This time round, Karmale was also an active participant. The topic must have quite memorable.

"I remember having told you not to use my towel, Hale." Warned one of her brothers.

"Ewwww" chorused everyone and they then burst into laughter.

Ryxel came in.

"Ryxel---" Karma wanted to say something to Ryxel but was stopped by Mrs. Kane.

"Let him eat, Hale. Don't ask questions." Her mother interrupted her.

"Ma, I was not going to ask questions. I want to narrate to him one of those stories that shame all of you and not me." Caramel giggled.

Ryxel watched her with admiration and content. Her laughter just had it all. It had the power to wash away all his worries. The power to make him smile. He smiled.

"You guys have been going all about me. Now it is your turn." She continuously chuckled.

Momentarily, her head fell back and forth but in her neighbour's direction.

When her head came up again, her brown eyes met Ryxel's azure ones. For a moment, their gazes interlocked. For a second, she broke eye contact. But she could feel Ryxel's stare tear and burn right through her jumpsuit and into her flesh. She could feel it on her face that was now turning pinkish.

To prevent herself from becoming a blushful mess, she stared right back into his blazing charismatic blue orbs.

Silence... Total silence. No one was laughing anymore. Culterly was not heard at all. No one was eating anymore. They had all shifted their attention to the spectacle before them.

"He who laughs best laughs last!" Karmale said and they all laughed again.

She winked at Ryxel and turned back to her glass of passion fruit juice.

*†**********************___________________________

Karmale's three brothers headed to the living room and embarked on video games. Ryxel and Mr. Kane sat at the balcony and had a casual talk as men. The two girls cleared up the table and even offered to clean the dishes. But Mrs. Kane told her two daughters that her and Hale would clean the utensils. She dismissed them.

Hale and her mother washed the dishes with an uncomfortable silence amidst them.

"Hale." Called Mrs. Kane.

Karmale raised her eyebrows in response.

"He is not a good man."

"What are you talking about ma."

"Ryxel Grande Black." She simply stated.

Caramel hummed in response as if tired of the conversation already.

"Hale, my dear. The tattoos on his hand--- his phone conversations---"

"When you said that you where going to the kitchen to get mayonnaise had you gone to listen to his phone conversation?" Karmale asked her voice coated with disgust and disbelief.

"Not really."

"What then? Now you stand here and lecture me about who is good and who is bad. Have you checked your own character yet, mother!" Karma fumed.

To avoid more drama, she let it slide. She decided to continue with the plate drying. She held a small towel in her right hand and a dripping plate in the other.

"Hale Kane. Can't you see that man for who he is."

"Stop it ma. And that man's name is Ryxel. And yes, I know who he really is and I have no problem with it at all. Besides, we are not even 'together' " Said Caramel trying very hard to sound as calm as possible.

"Ryxel? Is that a name? Which religion is that anyway?" Cautioned her mother.

"I am done here." Karmale placed the plate back in the sink, cleaned her hands and dropped the towel on the chopping board and moved out of the kitchen.

"Father, we'll take your leave now." Karmale said to her dad.

"Sure. It is getting late." He agreed.

Michelle came running.

"Leaving already?" She asked Ryxel.

"Yes, sunshine."

"Okay. Bye. I will miss you."

"I will miss you too, sunshine." He pecked her forehead.

As Ryxel and Karma entered the car, a silver convertible came in.

A pale lady with dark red lipstick and a serious look sat in the car.

"Marieeeee!" Shouted Michelle.

Ryxel helped Caramel with her seatbelt.

"Rest, Caramel." The words came out as a distant whisper as she immediately dozed off.

Ryxel attentively placed a peck on her neck and drove past Marie without saying anything or even looking at her as if she were invisible.

**†***†******†*†**†*****""'"""""""""""______________

Listen to
Felony by ckay...

Coco by Dababy ft. 24KGold

#madamlawyer

Heey beautiful audience. Thanks for the 500++ reads. It means a lot. XO

I figured this chapter could be a little confusing to a few so let me explain...

Karmale is the second born of seven. They are three boys and four girls. Their names featured in one of my previous chapters. I did not bring them back in this one because I didn't want further confusion.

Feel free to ask where you have not understood . XOXO

So we're done with boxing Day... So let's wait for new year's in my next update.

How did you love this one?

Vote, comment, share if you are enjoying my story.

Love y'all.

Andria💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.9K 1.8K 33
A few years went by since (Y/n) got with Alastor. During that time they became partners in crime, the killer duo they became. Their kills almost riva...
375K 23.1K 38
Let's see how different personalities mends with each other to form a beautifull bond together. Where the Eldest is calm and cold, Second is aggress...
65.4K 1K 55
"Sweetheart, roll your eyes at me again and I'll fuck you so hard your eyes will go so far back, they won't come back." I rolled my eyes again. "As...
3.2K 227 45
Until Damiano died my sins only consisted of coming home late and sneaking out. Now I have killed and tortured my way to the top, and uncovered a wor...