around you | nct

By rokirot

in which song yoonmi has an embarrassing mishap at a café, resulting in several strange new friendships. (nct... More

PROLOGUE
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
author's note/survey
49
50
51
52
53

16

4.1K 184 104
By rokirot

__

jeno
hey yoonmi
you left your purse in my car

mimi
oh i'm sorry

jeno
you don't have to apologize
i was just wondering if you like? need it?

mimi
oooh i might
can u tell me which purse it was
sorry i have so many

jeno
it's pink

mimi
jeno that didn't really narrow it down much

jeno
are you busy? i can bring it to you

mimi
are you sure?
i can just stop by and get it, i don't want to bother you

jeno
no really, it's fine
i wanted to see you anyway

as soon as he hit send, jeno buried his face in his pillow, regretting his words. the truth was that he'd been meaning to talk to her ever since they almost kissed two nights ago.

she'd consumed his thoughts and jeno was having a rather hard time figuring out if it was possible that yoonmi had feelings for him too or if she really was just teasing.

he thought he'd be able to confirm when they were about to kiss but he'd come to the conclusion that it might have been a spur of the moment thing.

as much as he wishes she liked him back, jeno thought the chances were pretty low.

mimi
sure!!
i'm just studying at the school library
call me when you're there and i can come out and meet you

jeno
sounds good!
i'll see you soon

jeno ran a hand through his hair, rising from his bed and shuffling out to the hallway bathroom. feeling giddy, he almost walked into the bathroom before noticing jaemin slipping on his jacket, looking like he was on his way out.

"oh, you're here." jeno said, waving at him with a grin.

jaemin turned to look at him with a smile. "yeah, i'm about to head out. want anything?"

"where are you headed?," jeno asked curiously, resting his head on the doorframe as he watched jaemin pull on his shoes.

"to see yoonmi."

"oh." jeno felt his stomach sink as he recalled the events that had taken place last week.

of course jaemin was on his way to see yoonmi. jeno wasn't sure what he expected when he was the one who encouraged jaemin to go after her.

"yeah, if you want me to pick you up anything on the way back, let me know." jaemin supplied, voice sweet as he moved to open the door.

"wait!" jeno called, turning and running into his room.

he ran back out holding a pink purse, earning a strange look from jaemin. "can you give this to yoonmi? she left it in my car."

jeno watched as jaemin's face fell, and he instantly regretted mentioning the last part about yoonmi having been in his car.

"sure," jaemin replied, voice devoid of any emotion that could hint to him being upset.

he took the purse from him gingerly before silently making his way out the door, locking it behind him. jeno momentarily paused before turning around and going back into his room.

jeno help gc

jeno
guys
i think i messed up

jun
what did you do this time

jeno
this time?

hyuck
yes you have a history of messing up jeno

mark
knock it off guys
what's wrong jeno?

jeno
i almost kissed yoonmi

hyuck
YOU WHAT

mark
wow nvm

xiaojun
okay woah

jeno
i know go ahead u guys can call me dumb

hyuck
kind of not surprised ?

mark
are you going to tell Jaemin

jeno
should i?

hyuck
i don't think he should
he didn't actually kiss her
besides it's not like she's dating jaemin 🥱

xiaojun
yeah but he told jaemin he'd back off
trying to kiss her isnt backing off 😐

jeno
i didn't TRY to kiss her it just
idk it happened like that

jun
why are u guys so concerned about jaemin
you should feel bad for yoonmi 😕

jeno
?

jun
because you're playing with her feelings

jeno
she doesn't like me though?

hyuck
just ignore him guys
he's a lost cause let's give up

jun changed groupchat name to we can't help jeno

jeno
this is all confusing
but there's more

hyuck
DID YOU SAY THERE'S MORE??

xiaojun
but wait 🤚 there's more!

jeno
yoonmi left her bag in my car
and i accidentally asked jaemin to bring it to her

jun
jeno u are horrible

__

jaemin
come outside

jaemin didn't wait long before he saw yoonmi skip out of the building clutching a white bag. jaemin looked down at the pink one he was holding before laughing to himself. why she had so many, he didn't really understand.

"hi jaemin!" yoonmi greeted him enthusiastically, she looked around him for a moment before tilting her head. "is jeno with you?"

"jeno?" jaemin repeated in confusion, "why would jeno be with me?"

yoonmi scratched the back of her neck shyly. "oh, it's just, he said he'd come to bring my purse."

jaemin thought back to jeno humming his way to the bathroom, he did look like he was about to get ready to leave.

"oh, you were expecting him. i'm sorry."

yoonmi waved her hands. "no, no. that's not what i meant, you know i'm always happy to see my best friend." she nudged at his shoulder playfully before grabbing him by the wrist.

best friend.

the words rang in his ear and he smiled to himself.

"hey, there's a boba place that opened near here. come on, noona will buy you a drink!" she dragged him in the direction she was headed.

jaemin felt himself flush at her fingers around his hand and he quickly shook her off. "you're not my noona, nice try." he scoffed, following her.

"shh," yoonmi hushed him, "i'm everyone's noona."

__
short update but oh well <3
question for readers: how was ur day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

496K 1.9K 61
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
922K 49K 31
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
40.8K 2K 146
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
16.5M 641K 63
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...